It’ll Never Happen Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He lost last year as well, so even though he had jumped before, they all had at one point or another, he was still scared shitless.

"Fuck man, no matter how many times I'm up here, I still feel like I'm gonna shit my pants!" Tyler yelled down to the group.

"As long as you don't spill your beer on the way down, we don't care if you shit yerself!" Donny called back.

"Well no shit I ain't gonna spill the beer. That's alcohol abuse." Tyler responded, the light hearted comment easing his fears slightly.

Before anyone could say anything else, he took a few more steps towards the eve and leaped, turning slightly in the air so he would land slanted on his butt and not his feet. When he hit, even though it was soft snow and didn't hurt any, his body still jerked. Almost as soon as he hit though, he brought the beer to his mouth and chugged it.

"Fuck yea!" Everyone started yelling.

"That was badass!"

"Didn't even spill ma beer!" Tyler yelled back with a smile on his face.

The rest of the night seemed to go on in that same fashion. Everyone drinking and having a good time. By the time four in the morning came, most everyone was passed out all around the barn. Bobby was on the table, Ashley under it, Tyler on the couch with his head falling off the side, Ally was on the love seat, Katie was in the bed of the truck, and Marybeth was in the cab. Only Donny and James remained awake.

Taking a long drag on the cigarette he was smoking, James looked over the rest of his friends and the barn from his vantage point from the hay loft. He never smoked. Well, sometimes he smoked a cigarette or four when he drank, but never when he wasn't drinking. He didn't really even like them, but as Letterkenny once said "a beer and a dart go together like a piss and a fart."

Passing the smoke off to Donny, James couldn't help but laugh.

"What's got you laughing?"

"Eh, nothing really, just thinking about how lucky I am to have y'all as friends."

"Hell man, I know what you mean."

For a long while, nothing more was said, they just passed the smoke back and forth while gently nursing their beers. At some point in the night, they had both been hammered, but as people started to pass out, they slowed down and mellowed out to just under belligerently drunk.

It was James who finally broke the silence between them.

"I'm gonna join the army," James said, turning to Donny to see his reaction.

"I know."

"How the hell? I haven't told a soul yet. Nobody even knows I've been thinking about it."

"How long have I known you man? Damn near my whole life. I figured you'd join up at some point," Donny said, laughing at the last part.

"What gave it away?

"Just the way you are man. You're the most patriotic mothafucker I know. You always sing a little louder when 'American Soldier' by Toby Keith comes on, you thank every single veteran we see, you freak out if a flag isn't at half mast when it's supposed to be, hell I've even seen you shed a tear for the national anthem. Plus, it's a family tradition. We all pretty much expect you to join when you graduate." Donny said with a laugh at his buddy's expense.

"Hell man if you don't shed a tear for the national anthem you aren't an American," James shot back, joining in on the laughter. "You can't tell anyone."

"I know. Wasn't gonna."

"Thanks man."

"Don't sweat it."

"Love you man. You know that."

"Love you too brother. You know I always got your back."

With that, Donny got up and walked to the other side of the loft to make a bed in the hay, leaving James alone with his thoughts.

He knew he always wanted to join, and it seemed like he was bound to one way or another. Both his grandparents were in the army, his dad was in the army, most of his cousins either were or still are in the army, his uncles too. His older brother was in the army until he took a round to the chest 4 years ago. James still wasn't over the loss of his brother, but even with that, he still knew he had to join too. It was family Tradition.

"What's Ally gonna say when I tell her?" James said to no one in particular.

"She's gonna kill me."

**

I thank you for all your continued support and continued reading. I'll do my best to make sure chapter 5 gets out quicker than this one did.

12