It Never Happened, in 750 - Febsux

Story Info
Onebomber bait in the Febsux space.
791 words
3.72
21.4k
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of Literotica's 750 Word Project 2024.

Bet you didn't see this one coming. Unlikely? Yeah, but not impossible. Again, based on GeorgeAnderson's February Sucks story.

This story starts after Jim checked out of the hotel.

My life was over, killed by someone I didn't know, a cruel and narcissistic slut resembling my wife. I shook my head, unlocked the car, tossed my bags in the back seat and drove.

At home, I flopped on the bed and was out in less than five seconds.

--

Brightness and bacon woke me the next morning. What? I hadn't drunk enough for a hangover. That stale taste in my mouth came from heartache, not alcohol.

And that bacon smell?

After my ablutions, I tracked down the breakfast flavors to the kitchen.

"Hi honey!" Yep, it was Linda, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, dressed in a hoodie and pajama pants, rescued from the hamper by the looks of the wrinkles.

I rubbed my eyes. "What the hell? When did the aliens drop you off?"

"Ready for breakfast?"

Her chirpiness finally woke me up. "Yes, but not with a cruel narcissist who betrayed me like... that," I said, snapping my fingers.

Her mouth dropped open and the spatula froze in mid-air.

Her smile shrank a little, but remained. "Dee told you I'll be back, and here I am. Ready to be the best wife you've ever had."

"I'll get my breakfast at IHOP. No fear of poison there." I scooped my car keys from the bowl by the door and left.

"Jim!" she yelled, but I slammed the door.

--

When I returned, Linda had brought the kids back and they were, what else, watching Frozen. She waved me to the den with the famous, "We've got to talk."

"Not really. The only talking you need to do is with my lawyer."

"Honey, stop. Do you know what time I got back?"

"No, who the hell cares?"

"The police brought me back just after two this morning, but I didn't want to wake you."

That got my attention. I rolled my hand for her to continue.

With a deep sigh, she dropped her shoulders. "I don't know what came over me last night, Jim. Best I can think is some kind of groupie madness. I am so sorry, honey. I'm totally ashamed--I hurt you, humiliated you and abandoned you in the most cowardly way possible. I didn't see it at the time, all I saw were stars in my eyes. After being passed over in school every time, the hunk of the moment picked me. Me, the plain Jane, Miss Average. It went to my head quicker than a flash. I'm so sorry, honey, in less than a second I became a cruel, cowardly bitch. When he suggested I leave with him, the froth of narcissism must have flooded my brain. I am so sorry. Words can never do my remorse justice."

"Didn't stop you from fucking the arrogant sonofabitch," I grumbled.

"It didn't stop me from going with him, and yes, I am ashamed to admit, dream of him having his way with me, but no, I did not let him fuck me."

"Yeah, like I'm believing that."

Linda shrugged. "When we got inside his mansion, and he gloated about what he was going to do to me, something snapped in me. I turned around, told him I'd made a mistake, I'm happily married, take me home. He laughed, said I'd wanted him to finish what we started on the dance floor, and that's what he was going to do.

"When I opened the front door, he got mad and came after me, so I sprayed his eyes with the mace you make me carry. Then I got out, into the icy cold."

I wanted to believe her, but how do you believe someone who walked out on you in cold blood?

She continued. "Opening the gate turned on bright lights and a burglar alarm. That summoned the cops, who brought me home. Call them, go on. You'll see. I had them first take me to Mercy General to run a rape kit. Look, you can see he never got inside me." She pointed to a few sheets of paper on the counter.

Hmm.

"Honey, again, I'm so sorry for what I did, but that will never happen again. I was complacent and dropped my guard, and I promise you that will never, ever happen again. Can you please forgive me? I never want to lose you."

Call me a sucker, wimp or whatever, but I took a chance.

--

Guess what? It paid off. Tommy, our youngest, just graduated high school yesterday. We're empty nesters now. Happy empty nesters.