All Comments on 'It Only Took a Second'

by WillDevo

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Marvelous story! You handled the subject with great sensitivity.

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really nicely done.

Well written and very touching. Your story actually inspired me to post my first ever comment.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 4 years ago
Outstanding!

I love loving romantic Loving Wife stories with an HEA.

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800almost 4 years ago
Beautiful Story

A beautiful story about a husband who stands by his wife through thick and thin. Anybody would become depressed after what she went through. Really got into their feelings and the struggles they went through.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 4 years ago
Tolstoy

The greatest of all warriors are time and patience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Traxstah ....

Yeah ...I luv happy endings .... !!!

🤗🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 ....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

A beautiful story and a very loving couple.Not every spouse would have been patient and compassionate!!!!llll

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Excellent story. Thank you for sharing it.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoalmost 4 years ago
At last....

An actual realistic story with a beginning a middle and an end. After reading some of the crap being posted lately this was a breath of fresh air. Well done.

RTR10RTR10almost 4 years ago

Absolutely amazing, uplifting, well written, inspirational story!

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

Should have considered putting it in Romance. but I found it read it and Liked it.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 4 years ago
5 stars.

And a boatload of tears.

This was....amazing. Thank you. The lupus for writing something so romantic that it moved me to weep.

oldcouriousoldcouriousalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

This was a great story and yes there is more to a great relationship than just great sex

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
should have...

probably been under Romance, But is one of the few True Loving Wife stories I've read here. Great Job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great read!

Thank you VERY much for it, because so many mentally ill MORONS use LW for SHIT that is so refreshing to read real LW story.

Well Done. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
That was really amazing

That right there is commitment. So well done Will.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

This story induced sniffles, tears and smiles. It was a wonderful read. Thank you.

muirmadramuirmadraalmost 4 years ago
A Wonderful Story!

I find “It Only Took a Second” one of the best and most refreshing stories I have read in a very long time. I place it next to another of my favorites, “Grief” by Oshaw. Looking forward to reading more from this author. Kudos!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Wonderful story, and while I'm glad it was here, I likely wouldn't have found it otherwise, but it IS more of a Romance than LW.

BTW, this appears to be set in America, but once you referred to adding ten pounds to her nine stone form. "Stone" is a British measure of weight.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 4 years ago

I haven' read the story yet, but plan on it. My comment is to the wonders of the comment section. When I first started reading here, your comment went right up, then some smart asses started F***ing up everything and now we wait for hours to have our comments posted. But today I have seen a miracle, one Anon commented to another Anon and they were both posted in the same time slot, I wonder how that happened?

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
A Wonderful Story _ about true love

Thanks so much for your story. If it had taken a dark turn, I was ready to track you down and skin you alive. But you continued with a story of true love and devotion. My wife and I are and have been experiencing a similar event in our life. Sex is nice but it is the feeling that you are hugging and kissing an entire soul on something above a physical level that makes you appreciate and feel blessed for what you have. Thanks again!

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Lovely story that

True loving couple and very well written. Well done and thank you

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
Very good story.

Thanks for getting my attention.

I will have to explore your romance stories now.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 4 years ago
Wonderful well told story

Excellent story. Well done.

5*

moblanemoblanealmost 4 years ago
A RARE VISITOR

Most unusual to find a 'loving wife' in this category. This was a really good story. But for the overly-sexual content Hallmark could well make a good movie of this! I LOVED IT, well done, GREAT JOB, 5***** Thank You. It was such a welcome change from the 'cuck and bull' nonsense that often appears in here!

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 4 years ago

Great story, and thanks for the arse to ass change. Even if you still used boot instead to trunk.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCyclealmost 4 years ago
Just beautiful

I know it's a story, and though I would never want anybody to actually suffer as she did, I wish it were true.

The outcome washed away the pain. A true loving couple, and a truly strong woman, matched with a man who honoured and appreciated her.

This is what love is really about.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you for this inspiring story. Gems like this keep us coming back despite the stupid lazy garbage stories so many others post here. 5*s

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 4 years ago
Sweet and original

5* from me

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Yeah

Just the sort of man you want your daughter to marry

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 4 years ago
5* Superb - you've found a new story theme - so rare

A superb story - 5* ain't enough .... rare to find a unique story line, you did and executed it wonderfully.

Buck1974Buck1974almost 4 years ago
Fantastic story

Yes fantastic story was superb so please keep up the fantastic work. And hope to read more of your stories soon .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finally

a respite from the garbage. Well written, creative plot. Best thing here for quite a while

WillDevoWillDevoalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Wow! Lots of comments, and a few answers to them:

Thanks for all the comments! This story has been read more times in one day than all of our others put together, which I can only think comes from the fact it was placed in the LW category.

Most of the comments stating it's misplaced are, in fact, correct. I did go read the descriptions after this was posted, and (strange to the name) the Loving Wives category IS intended for affairs, cuckolding, and all that stuff. I'm not a fan of that, but this was my error.

I'll be re-posting this in Romance after I make a few edits. (And deleting the comments that would then be irrelevant or confusing.)

A few answers:

Sbrooks: The use of English words (Boot, Stone, etc) is intentional. It's not arbitrary. Pay a little more close attention to when and where they're used, and it might illuminate a little more. It is, in fact, set in the US, but our female protagonist is English, hence the blend of the two.

Dragonmann: Comments are Moderated. I have no idea how they sometimes seem to be out of order or come quickly or not. This very comment may not show up until someone else's which might have already explained it, but I think they're moderated in batches, where hours-worth of comments all seem to come at once.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful - a true 5

Thank you. The story was excellent, and well written. No one understands how difficult it is to be a caregiver of a loved one that has had a serious injury or disease unless they have been through it themselves. The daily toll is both physically and emotionally exhausting. Please continue writing.

ankur257ankur257almost 4 years ago
Loved it !

Not enough LW tales built around love and compassion...great addition

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 4 years ago
Yes

For those of us who have suffered life changing Injuries, I thank you. Some of us had people who helped us reform our lives and to live with our injuries even though we will never be what we once were. Thanks to those that cared and shared.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 4 years ago
I Was a Bit Troubled About the Way She Shut Him Out

When she caught him servicing himself, she got huffy and felt EVEN MORE sorry for herself. Why not recognize what he also had been through and give him a blow job, or even just let him fondle her. He stumbled into a way to solve their ills, but they could have just as easily drifted apart. This kind of luck only happens in fiction, I guess...

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Great Read

Well written, great emotion, and a happy ending. It was in no way a cheating story. The friction was created by the accident and her attitude. At one point I didn’t know if they would end up together. I’m very new at this game, but you should be proud of this story. The story taught some lessons, had something to say. That’s my best compliment to you. Thank you

gordo12gordo12almost 4 years ago

What an absolutely wonderful story 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Uh!

His wife had the use of two hands and her mouth. She could have easily been giving him blowjobs any time!

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Good story

Great ending. Will power will overcome most disabilities. 3 years ago I had a stroke on a friday, lost right side...speech... taste...was told therapy would start monday. Fuck that. Grabbed a news paper and practice reading out loud. Took my walker and started doing the halls that day every 30 minutes. Dr. Said it was too much. Fuck him. By monday I was walking without assistance. By next friday I was talking 90 percent normal. Got taste buds back in 2 years. Minor problem still on three fingers on right hand. Therapists and drs were stunned. All because I refused to wait. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WOW

5*s. Simply beautiful. Thank you.

SlithyToveSlithyTovealmost 4 years ago
Wow

That was simply gorgeously written, and wonderfully heartbreaking. Such a nice change of pace from the anger or humiliation that so often suffuses the stories in this section.

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 4 years ago
Five . . .

. . . easy stars. Touching and inspiring. What a pleasure that was. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We all need to remember how lucky we are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It was a nice...

Story but this site is mostly for sex stories not fairytales. ****

xiluaxiluaalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful

A true Loving wife story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finally, a real Loving Wives story! Bravo!

I loved it! 5*

ribnitinribnitinalmost 4 years ago
Happy ending

A happy ending that wasn't maudlin. Very enjoyable.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars Beautifully Written And Told

One critique though. We need more detail on the therapist she cheated with.

Moral of the story, start fucking on the first date. You never know how long before you can't anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I bet to differ

With the 5/21 anonymous comment that stated that it didn't belong in this category. It was a loving wife story -- not the usual cheating wife, cheated husband, etc. stories that have taken over the category. I gave it a five and wish I could get it more. I loved the story and I venture to say that many, manyt others that read the stories to support their negative views of marriage, woment, fidelity, etc., hoping for descriptions of wild sex hate it and those looking for a good, well written story such as this will all praise the writer. Good luck and keep writing.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful story

I don't know if I've seen another author with every story he's written with the red H. I think that you will continue that streak with this story. A real Loving Wife and her faithful, understanding husband make a great story that is refreshing here. Part of a rare good day , recently at least, in LW. Thanks for this one.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 4 years ago

Yep - a "5" from me too. A lovely, heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This was a gem, a real loving husband who stuck it out to a happy conclusion

This is what we should be in this messed up world. Loving and dedicated.

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 4 years ago
Amazing tale of tribulation and triumph

Thank you for sharing this with us. It was a journey of tears and smiles.

5/5

robroy93robroy93almost 4 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed that story about as much as anything I've read recenty. Just great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
great outcome

What a heart warming story. I can only hope that other couples who have had to go through these circumstances can achieve such great results. Excellent story writing.

I could read stories like these all day because they make an old guy like me feel really warm all over.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 4 years ago
An original loving wives with a real loving wife...

What a great concept. It was also well written. I'm wondering if the author has some training in photography. He had the timing of the "golden hour," exactly correct. It is a photographer's favorite time of the day.

You got a big 5*s from me. I enjoyed the story.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 4 years ago
Loved it from start to finish

The mixture of reality and fiction that you put into that was so finely balanced, I stand in awe at your talent. I felt like I knew both of them completely, and understood everything they went through.

This was an extraordinary story in every way, and Loving Wives is exactly the place for it to be, because this is a story about that very thing.

Thank you so much, sir. 5* all the way.

soldierboy50401soldierboy50401almost 4 years ago
Every once in a while.....

.....a rose grows among the thorns! 5*

MedicalpeteMedicalpetealmost 4 years ago
Eye opener

OKAY. You put some other offerings in this section to shame. Although I enjoy most of them this takes the cake! Thank you! A really good story!!!

Lori_the_HoosierLori_the_Hoosieralmost 4 years ago
Could just as easily be in the 'Romance' section

But still a true 'loving Wife' story, and a hymn to the human spirit and the strength that true love imparts. Kind of teary now, but happy-teary, well done 5 stars

DFWBeastDFWBeastalmost 4 years ago

Beautiful. Obviously more Romance than LW but beautiful story nonetheless. Thank you, that was a pleasure to read!

Killian

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 4 years ago
very nice

Dont see many true love happy endings in LW.

A more typical story would have had hubby use his Special Forces combat skills to beat the shit out of that tree, bankrupting it with a brilliant revenge scheme and winning the beautiful park ranger after wifey was discovered "branching out" with the physical therapist.

Boros749Boros749almost 4 years ago
Thank you!

Beautiful. 5*s

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

6*, hooyah, salute!

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 4 years ago
Thanks

Enjoyed a story with a couple that makes it. In this case, loves does conquer.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 4 years ago

Ah, this brought me back to a sad time. A friend riding on a quad during a storm was hit by a branch blown off in the high wind, killing him instantly. His wife was devastated.

Happily this fictional couple had a better outcome. It is good to read a "real" loving wife (loving husband?) story. Thank you and 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Full physical recovery is pretty rare. Perhaps full emotional recovery, even more rare.

Very nicely done. Thank you.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 4 years ago
Great story

Thank you for your efforts in creating this wonderful story.

moblanemoblanealmost 4 years ago
A true 'WOW'

I totally agree with 'patillie' although the other comments are truly in accordance with my feelings on this truly magnificent tale. Thank You 5***** but worth MUCH MORE!

WillDevoWillDevoalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Where'd they go?

I made a mistake. I didn't read the Lit definitions for the categories, and thinking "Loving Wives" was something else, it was originally posted there.

Now that this submission has been relocated to the Romance category, I deleted the some of the comments (even though every one of them was positive) that would cause confusion now that it's been relocated.

I did leave a few, though, that were particularly funny or on-point anyway.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 4 years ago
Great story of love and hope

This story started out like so many story of guys, or boys, getting caught masturbating and I thought WTF? I'm so glad I continued reading because it wasn't the usual "caught in the act" story. It's about two loving people that are dealt a bad hand but make the best of it. Thank God for Google, because I had to look up autonomic dysreflexia, obviously someone did their research. Too bad I can only give this five stars. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One of the best

A perfect story about a man and wife who actually love each other and are committed to each other. A five star story thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just one thing

Like all your stories.

One correction to suggest. Usually in dialogue, a new paragraph means that the other character is now talking. If one character is talking, and is going to carry on talking in another paragraph, you are not meant to close the quotation marks. Then the reader knows it’s still the same character doing the talking.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

Good story, and certainly not typical LW. It’s original. From a technical standpoint, you ought to consider finding a proofreader. There were segments where it appeared that you rewrote sentences, but omitted a word; or overlooked words that should have been removed.

The only inconsistency in the story, was the timeline immediately after her injury. He was at the hospital at 3 am, returned to his hotel and called her parents at 1 am.

WillDevoWillDevoover 3 years agoAuthor

WGAS: Yeah, I know. Just like fishing, one can never catch everything. But it does actually read that he called from the hospital, not the hotel. :) Thanks for reading!

tlc656tlc656over 3 years ago

As a husband of a wife that has MS, our sex life has taken a significant hit, yet we're still together. Your story touched me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story

So very much enjoyed reading this story. Just wish it was longer to add to my enjoyment.

mitchawamitchawaover 3 years ago

A beautiful love story. I read for pleasure and not as a critic. I've done a lot of editing, but on a second read. Your story is the message, not your grammar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks

Truly I enjoyed this story! It is a romance but also an inspiration.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 3 years ago
I'm glad I found you

I think I will be reading your stories to renew my soul when I need a little lift in my spirit.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

Very good story and certainly not typical of the the LW faire. But very well written even though though the husbands use of the queen’s English is never explained.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a tribute to love.

Married life can be so difficult and when tragedy strikes can collapse. The love and devotion portrayed is truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing this incredible tale.

DP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm not crying, you're crying.

Honestly adorable piece of work, so heartwarming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why didn’t he just drop the frigid bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incredibly beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it and enjoyed it. Shows true love can conquer adversity, and that the internet can be helpful if you use the right search terms. ;-) Now I need to dry my eyes.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47over 2 years ago

WillDevo, you definitely have written a first class love story with this one. Thank you so much for your effort, will now look for another one that catches my eye 5*+++👍

Bdf44Bdf44about 2 years ago

Great story...really enjoyed it.

AnAncientAnAncientalmost 2 years ago

I think you could add at least a page detailing the gradual increase in sensations around her 'sexual apparatus'. Possibly a sudden burst at the end, when she realizes the last blockage is psychological. Preparing the way with sensual massages might be easier for her to accept -- focusing on the boundary between areas with feeling and those without. Just my thoughts.

As is, without any further changes, it is already a brilliantly written story!

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Wonderful story

Thanks for writing

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

That is a true loving wives and loving husbands story.

I wish I could give more than 5 stars.

I'm not crying, you're crying.

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 1 year ago

Simply marvelous. I love the subject matter, unusual for this site, and how deftly you've handled it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a lovely story of loyalty, faith and dedication. I so enjoyed it. 5*s.

chris73170chris73170over 1 year ago
awesome story

will you did it again. another great story

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWillDevo@WillDevo
Latest news: (1/2/24): The updates to our "seasonal" tale, "The Flight Before Christmas," are up now. It's only some corrections and style changes, so go ahead and read it any time if you're up for some holiday-based erotica. Also, forgot to mention earlier that the names "Br...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories