All Comments on 'It Wasn’t What It Seemed'

by NylonDreams

Sort by:
  • 178 Comments (Page 2)
BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteelealmost 3 years ago

An excellent read.

Ignore the naysayers who want everything wrapped up in a pretty bow. It ended where it ended. The keys are there for the reader to draw their own conclusions.

Well done.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great read. Well written.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Good story, but Michael lost a lot of sympathy when he walked into the hotel room and just took photos and left.

Every man with common sense would have known there is something wrong, when there is a clear message from the wife but she is nearly unconscious when he arrives.

SKHPSKHPalmost 3 years ago

Stupid people, stupid plot, alternate reality! The story lost me halfway through. IMO, not worth reading.

⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Duh, she was drugged. A test at the hospital would of shown drugs. Why didn’t she call the police from the hotel room and tell them she was raped!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Nothing much to say except that was a great story. An easy **5'from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hi

Best depiction of the flawed human condition I've read. Confronted with a shocking event, the likes Micheal witnessed entering the hotel room. Triggered his worst fears, his psyscological reflex action

was to take pictures? Initial judgment overrides his faith in his wife, family etc. His anger and rage blind him from rational thought. His retaliation is to assassinate her character as a salve for his ego.

The depth of the fallout to all their family & friends is harrowing! Very well thought out and written. Brene Brown may wish to have your autograph:-)

Best read for a long time *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree, how stupid do you have to be for your first move not to be going directly to the hospital for a rape kit and blood tests for drugs?

nestorb30nestorb30almost 3 years ago

Sorry the husband and wife are totally in love, have a perfect marriage never thought to cheat. He goes to a hotel room and finds his "She was so far out of it I don't think she realised I were there. From her posture, she was totally blitzed. She must have had more to drink the night before than I have ever seen her drink." Yet the first thing other than her being roofied and raped was she cheating on him? Guess they weren't so in love after all. Husband is an ass-hat

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulayalmost 3 years ago

Big nope. I'm sorry, but people who so fully abandon someone don't deserve anything. She should have someone gotten to see her daughters, but she should have cut ties with everyone and started a new life.

I just hate her parents and Michael so much. More than I have hated any other character I've read in Literotica. I don't want them to get to be happy.

NylonDreamsNylonDreamsalmost 3 years agoAuthor

In fairness to Michael, the original draft had his two daughters with him, taking them to school. It was against the Literotica guidelines so I wrote them out of seeing their mum. I should have looked more closely at Michael's response thereafter. Like all stories, to make it a story there are flawed situations, look at John Wick, Marvel films, etc. (for those who commented that the firm and numbers were unreal, look at the report just released of child sex abuse in a London council area's childrens' homes, 750 plus victims, 170 plus staff and others involved over thirty years. Cover up after cover up) The initial premise was that the shock was so great, his emotions were overwhelmed and like too many of us, he didn't react the way he thought he should have. He then couldn't back down. The despair caused to all, the suicidal victim, the aftermath on all their lives because of one single event. I won't write a second chapter. 'll let you make up your own minds if they get together but as was said, "what they had is gone!"

maninconnmaninconnalmost 3 years ago
Great start!

You had me at 5* for the first page, but went so over the top I felt like it was a different author who wrote the latter pages. You also began a pattern of repeating material and writing sentences that stopped short of making sense. It seems the first page was treated with great care, and then you became rushed, or perhaps you began writing little bits at a time. It just didn’t feel as cohesive as your beginning.

I didn’t rate this, as I couldn’t give a low rating out of sheer respect for your beginning. Should you ever decide to re-work this, I would eagerly volunteer to be a beta reader for you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story premise is farfetched to the point of unbelievable. A husband gets a text from an unknown telling him to go to a hotel room. He gets there and finds his wife, who we assumes he loves, naked tied to the bed covered in semen and bites and completely out of it. Rather than being suspicious, concerned about his wife and anger at whoever did this to her he immediately assumes she is drunk and has been cheating on him and leaves her there. Really!!! Given the situation would your first thought be she's cheating on me or would it be she's been drugged and raped. Any sensible person would assume the latter.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Michael was stupid not to realize what had happened to his wife. He created the problem by not doing what he should have done and talked to his wife and call the police. Story was tragic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree with anonymous. How could he think someone in her condition would be able to send the text. I find it hard to believe he loved her as much as she loved him. I stopped reading by the time she had to stay with two unbelieving parents. Come on man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stupid and totally unbelievable

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Superb!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The husband was a complete and total jerk.

Tiger27Tiger27almost 3 years ago

Great story! Sad, but great.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

Her husband should have first nailed Ryan leaving the room.

Also called the police and an ambulamce; the ER would run a date/drug tox pannel that would have vindicated her.

LAST, vital, how could he think she'd be lucid enough to text?

This story was well written but the abscence of the above factors hurt it badly.

The above factors SHOULD have been present and the story woven as a family search for vengence and justice against the perps. In real life that is the story that woild have evolved.

Ylu're a good writer but please try to be better than this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The entire plot development was clear from the opening paragraphs and from then on it was simply foolish people not reacting intelligently. Even dear mother didn't think enough about her daughter. She got her a morning after pill but didn't get her to a clinic for a blood test or to take DNA samples. I know it is a story about wrong choices but it isn't delivered well and I lost interest about midway on page 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah there are so many unbelivable plotholes in this story that its just trash.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

This author is not worth reading, he writes preposterous garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Luved it great story good build up, contrary to recent comments, if she had a dna and drug test immediately then there wouldn’t be a story I’m sure not every rape victim thinks clearly enough to do so, thanks P ,5⭐️.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a mess! Rumblin, stumblin, bumblin mess. The problem is what women wakes up, doesn't remember anything and doesn't go to the hospital? What husband just assumes the worst and LEAVES his wife in a semi-comatose condition without ever trying to understand what happened? What a cluster fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I will add another comment when I finish reading, but first let me write that even to a slow witted man like me the fact that no-one in the state she appeared to be could have located his name in the conact list composed that text complete with room coorect number and touched the send button. He is presented as an intelligent man.

The truth would have him sprinting back to the lift before he reached the door of the hotell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A few holes in the plot as I pointed out in my ptrvious comment.

But a very good try to show the care that is needed in every relational situation.

thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please! This story and is readers are crying for an ending, a loving togetherness touching and soft caressing moment of sharing what was lost - by everyone.

Also, what happened to the guilty, the company, the other victims, and the acknowledgement that Lesley was a true hero saving so many other potential victims and herself?????

A truer story is crying to be told and then held in the hearts and souls of your readers.

Healing of the hearts and minds is the essence of rekindling lost love in time of need.

Help us to reach that level of forgiveness and tenderness. Please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please finish the story.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

Powerful, but open ending. Not one at all. It cries for further writing. Please.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

lol we have diff definition of sex scene the first couple of paragraphs was a sex scene

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

All that time writing what could have been a good story (should have been) but ruined because it never ended what a waste of time. You writing it, me reading it

norcal62norcal62over 2 years ago

Helen1899 said it well, but it wasn't a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with all "YOU NEED TO FINISH THE STORY THE READ NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEN TO EVERYONE CLIFF HANGERS DESTROY THE READER AND LOSS OF FAITH IN THE WRITER AND THE STORY NEVER HAS A WRITER FAILED HIS READER'S AS LEAVING A STORY ON FINISHED YOU HAVE FAILED US ALL"

So what is your response??????????????????????????

are you going to finish what you started or be a fairer as a writer???????

FINISH THE STORY

cd

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a pitiful excuse for a husband

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story BUT where is chapter 6 ???(jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read portions of this story. I couldn't get interested in the two parts on the same subject.

It was a good plot, and good writing I feel. Just to much psychological Beautiful Story. (BS)

yes BS stands for exactly what BS is used for daily by many.

I a Male am hardened by three or four major hits on my non work life by conniving people that I loved and they gave a Oath to love me.

I read in comments there is a major difference of opinion on this story.

My story rating shall not be known. It could of been better written with a story plot plan and used much fewer talky words. Much can be done using well thought story structure and well written words.

I'm not an author or professional writer and I shall remain Anonymous

fredbrownfredbrownabout 2 years ago

I have an active dislike of most of the characters in this confusing tale. The woman in this story (Leanne was it?) should pack her bags and immigrate to a country of her choosing. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I am left to wonder why I read this sad tale!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 star for a story showing just how damaging predators like Ryan and his higher ups can be, not just on the woman/women involved but their families as well.

Personally I'd vote for capital punishment for anyone who administered a date rape drug!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yes the ending was "open" which is just as it should be after something as traumatic and devastating as the events in that story.

All those demanding "finish the story" are being unrealistic. What do they want, endless spiel chronicling the next 5, 10, 20 etc years as those concerned try to deal with the deepest and darkest of hurts?

Try the end of "Gone with the Wind" when, to the backdrop of Atlanta burning, Rhett Butler literally carries off Scarlet O'Hara with the famous words "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

Do they live happily ever after? We don't know. The film company didn't feel the need to provide a sequel.

SlamnukeSlamnukeabout 2 years ago

The only part that was contrived is the Literotica trope of a company scheming to sleep with the married women. In the modern world in the West there is no way in hell this would happen. A company doing this would be international news as a literal human trafficking story. This isn’t just some minor thing and no company would be able to brush it away if it got exposed like this. The people involved would all get life in prison at best after being charged with human trafficking, serial rape, blackmail, conspiracy, Assault with a deadly weapon, food tampering, and so much more. This would bankrupt any company not named Barclays or BP. The sheer volume of lawsuits would destroy all but the largest of companies and obliterate the reputation of anyone working there. I really don’t understand why Literotica authors views this as a believable storyline.

The sexual assault and aftermath were fine but the overall work conspiracy rape storyline was contrived and took away from the story because it was an immersion killer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

totally contrived and unfathomable scenario. his jumping off the empire state building of a conclusion was just too over the top; suggesting he had absolutely no love for her.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

Author claims to enjoy sensual and not violent sex but writes a whole lot of sexual violence. Idiot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bad storyline

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 2 years ago

Well, I thought you did a fine job

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Part 2 needed. Get them back together.

dob092095dob092095almost 2 years ago

Maybe I’ve read too many of these stories. First thing you should be to go to the hospital and give blood for a rape drug test.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story has hit me in so many Levels I cannot explain I lost My wife of 44 years this last October We had been a sexless marriage for the past 37 years But I told Her before we said our I Do's The only way out of the Marriage was one of Us would die I was and am a Person of Honer I Tried Many time as in this story to get Her to open up what was wrong and If was Me who did something that Caused Her to do everything she could to Make Sex Taboo to Us For In about 3 years' time during all this She never hugged Me or kissed Me But i would never touch another Female as long as were Married no matter what. In Her last couple of years We both were in our 60's I saw a Change in But it was way too late I do not know what was wrong with Her But somehow, she knew Her Hourglass of Life was running out of Her Life sand My son and I never noticed She was trying to Make up for all those years She was Buying things She had saw Me looking at on line and they were just things I thought was Cool She was doing thew same For our son I could go on and tell the rest of the story of Us but it would be More Than one of the stories here .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your main character is utterly despicable. Michael is just one more judgmental drama queen. At the end of this, the best thing Leslie could do is take her daughter and go find a real man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice homily. The husband character was a true 'dick'. No wife would be that forgiving after such treatment. Or we should hope not. But a doormat character was necessary to the story line. Her best revenge would be publishing the entire story in the press to reveal the former spouse's character, say hello to the kids, and go out to find a new family. Would have made a better story.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFireover 1 year ago

Oh all these women that have been drugged and raped STILL work for the people that did it? I get this is fiction but for fucks sake add some element of realism. Also, I don’t care how fucking stupid you think women are, but if we wake up not knowing where we are or what we’ve done in a strange place covered in cum…..the first thing we do is go to a hospital. Period.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

I’m only on page 1, but I’ve already encountered more stupid people than the rules allow. Hubby is the dumbest, followed by her parents, her, and the idiot at work who said she was reevaluating her life without talking to her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She remembered a morning pill but couldn't think of going to get a blood test done!!

Stupid slut and her office party

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

Hair follicle test would have shown the drugs. Remember when Britney spears shaved her head? 5/5

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I find it hard to believe that any man finding his wife in such a situation would fail to call for immediate help.

Dammit! She could have been dying!

Nevertheless , The story may make some reader Think BEFORE YOU RUN OFF.

So, a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Such drugs last a lot longer in the system than authors on this site think. Rohpynol is detectable nowadays for like 5 days. Longer for X. Or vice versa. Don't remember which precisely. And I don't get a husband who wouldn't confront. What an ass. You have to either stay long enough yo make certain shenis not being harmed or forced or you need yo break it up and deal with the aftermath. The latter is preferable like 95% of the time. The husband was a coward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was simply amazing.

I sincerely hope that YOU write the next chapter, and somehow I also think this could be the next "February" series of sequels and continuances !

"5" from me, and I'll be looking for the next chapter.

EastCoaster

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Wrong. Anyone and I do mean anyone coming up any woman in that situation let alone your own wife would have phoned the police. He saw a man leaving, knew the man left the door open just for him. So the MMC was a complete failure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can't believe the husband wad such a loss as a man. He just walked away. Didn't check on or confront her. Nothing. How could the wife ever want to reconcile with that? That is traumatizing. Heck is own guilt once learning the truth is dehabilitating. Suspect that is why author letters it as an open ending. Drops it to 3 stars because her ex husband was such a loser.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like others feel this story is not finished. Would like to see what the future holds for this family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The husband in this story was just a useful plot device. No loving husband would walk away from his wife without attempting to succor her and find out what happened in those circumstances.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianover 1 year ago

This was a really good story. You built it really well, showing both sides of the problem to us. Hopefully, in real life, they would be able to rebuild their love and their family. Since you didn’t.go that far, I will choose to,believe everything went well. I despise people like Ryan and don’t understand. Growing up when I did, I had a lot of sex but could never understand why guys said, “I couldn’t help myself”or “I couldn’t stop”. I’ve been told to stop in mid-stroke and did. Men who hurt women like Ryan did deserve to rot in hell. Keep up the good work. MtM

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

The story idea wasn't bad. The conversations just didn't read like a real discussion... but what you think your discussion might sound like... like a soliloquy in a play.

Husband wad a giant baby ass... but a nice look at the reality of what we're often see in loving wives with child men running off without discussion... but taken to a new extreme.

To the anonymous stating she's a slut because she remembered the morning after pill but not a blood test... well its a story not reality but the way i read it she was in shock and didn't think of much of anything... her mother took her to get the morning after pill.... now if you complain the mother was an uncaring bitch for not paying attention and taking her confused and upset daughter to a hospital... well at least now we'd be taking about the same story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Such a sorry story, as in super sad. Wife is drugged & all hubby could do is take pictures & send them to parents & possibly other relatives/ friends? No asking why? Not seeing her condition & seeing his wife's not normal? Yes, he apologized- after putting her through hell. Why didn't he think of getting her medical help? He's right: how he behaved is unforgivable.

--- The mother. She picked her daughter up & noticed nothing different, didn't want to hear jack about anything? WHY didn't she think of bringing her to the hospital for tests? Instead, both parents shunned her. Her father wanted to talk but her mother stopped him. At times, one spouse has to overrule the other. This's one of those times. Possibly a lot of damage could've been avoided.

--- She was betrayed 3x- her husband & both parents. Can't bring up the daughters. Thankfully, David took some time to hear her out. Her husband said he's going to email everyone concerned & correct his earlier ones. BEFORE he spoke to his wife, he should've done that. Right after he found out the truth, or soon thereafter (allowing for his emotions to ease upon hearing David's words).

--- A well written story, but would be good to read what happened with everyone down the road. Story's unfinished, even tho in the beginning, you wrote that it was. Wonder why you can't finish? In the end, the story itself is strong enough that I won't take anything off for the not finishing, which I usually do. 5 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

2 paragraphs in I predicted the whole mess. Stop playing games when you write. Make it at least feasible.

Hubby sees her in unconscious. Leaves her. His first instinct is not t to talk to her? Maybe. Ring her to ER. Question the men who she drank with. No one would ever roofie a women in your world? But set a huge conspiracy up yes. No one goes to the cops? No one listens to the victim? Grow up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not a loving husband. She can do better.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow! I surely didn't expect a story written so well in the LW category and with so little sex. Thank you.

fredbrownfredbrown9 months ago

If her family are her friends she sure doesn't need any enemies. Run Lesley RUN!

BigDee44BigDee449 months ago

I enjoyed the story. I hope that in real life there would be at least ONE person who would belive.

orneryonezorneryonez8 months ago

Beware the Wolf in guise of a Sheep... most likely your partner/best friend!!!

berjunmiesterberjunmiester7 months ago

Abit unrealistic for someone who loves their wife to find her naked in a hotel room semiconscious to just take photos and walk away. What if she was dying?

Micheal's character at the beginning contradicts the intermission and the ending.

It was a good plot but poorly written.

2 stars.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19817 months ago

Found her naked in a room he jumped too conclusions which is possible and probable however she was basically unconscious which would have said to wait and let her try to explain

mfbridgesmfbridges7 months ago

I agree with some of the assessments. I don't know to many people that would just walk out after finding wife in that condition. I'm not sure why he / she didn't have her go for rape testing. DNA, etc.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well written story. 5 stars all the way!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Christ, what a stupid story about an immature, impulsive, rigid asshole who clearly has the intelligence of a rutabaga. Absolutely no redeeming value here, a real waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

To keep the prissy Michael alive is a waste of precious resources. They should be recycled into better quality life forms. His father in law`s shotgun would set the transformation into motion quite expiditiously.

drbenchpress66drbenchpress66about 10 hours ago

Alright if he hadn’t seen the guy walk out and the goddamn hotel room door open then maybe I could justify his response. But dude…. u retarded? Also I’m surprised I don’t mind the open ending here. Normally I don’t like them but here it sets up a new story, kind of like when you watch sequels, or prequels I mean.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNylonDreams@NylonDreams
Retired, prefer sensual rather than violent sex stories. Love lingerie and stockings.