It Wasn’t What It Seemed

Story Info
He found his wife naked in a hotel room. Why?
16.5k words
4.19
109.9k
113
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story does not contain any graphic sex scenes. There are references to events only.

It details the aftermath of a betrayal. The cause is unknown until much later. The revelation causes even more angst and despair. This is the story of the effect it has on all participants. The story is told from the point of view of the two main characters. As such there is some repetition as they give their views.

The ending is open.

Prologue

Michael looked down on Lesley. She was as beautiful, if not more so than she had been the day he first met her. Eighteen wonderful years together. Two great girls. What could be any better?

Well, what they had just achieved. The girls were at their grandparents for the weekend. This meant they could play games they couldn't in case they caught them. How would he explain that Lesley was tied to the bed, his cock was between her breasts and he had just cum. Some managed to be in her mouth but much was over her face and tits. They were fantastic tits, full, perky with really large nipples which he loved to play with.

Now it was her turn to cum. She didn't need to use a pillow to stifle her screams of ecstasy. He used two vibrators and a dildo to play with her, tease her until she came. The dildo in her pussy, one vibrator on her pussy lips and clit and the other, a small one, in her bum. Once she came, he would draw back and give her a few minutes to recover before starting again. He could get her to cum four times before she reached a mind blowing peak.

Afterwards, he would fuck her slowly, building them up to another one. He would ask her who owned her pussy, she told him, "You do!" He loved the soft blond hair, she kept trimmed for him as he loved running his hands through it as he played with her. She had surprised him once when she sculpted an M in it to show her pussy belonged to him.

The final push to have both cum at the same time meant they became one. They were one. They were soulmates.

Their friends were envious. Neither looked at another person. Both were sociable, happy and great fun to be around.

At least until the Tuesday/Wednesday when their world collapsed.

The Betrayal

Lesley was just vaguely aware that she was lying on a bed in a strange room. She felt like she was in the twilight zone, her brain wasn't capable of functioning. She didn't have any coherent thoughts. Everything appeared very hazy, an out of focus world. She was struggling to breathe. She had no recollection of where she was, who she was with. She tried to move but she couldn't. She tried to speak but she couldn't.

She was trying to struggle. Someone was biting and sucking her tits. Who was it? It was painful, not loving. She appeared to pass out. When she came to she felt a blade scraping her pubic hair. She tried to move but she was tied up. She somehow knew to stay still as the blade scraped her labia. She passed out again.

How much time had transpired before she sort of came round she had no idea? As she tried to make sense of her situation, she sensed someone close by. It appeared to be a man. For some strange reason, she felt she should know him but her eyes were so unfocussed she couldn't determine who it was. This man was standing by her head. She heard a sound she recognised but couldn't place. Then something warm hit her face, time and time again. The man spoke, "You'll marry me!"

The man moved away and she thought she heard a door opening. A few moments or was it minutes later, she was unsure, she heard a voice. She heard her name being screamed but it was cut off as though it had been strangled. She passed out.

Michael:

I had spent a very worried night. Lesley hadn't come home from work. There was no call, no text or even a bloody WhatsApp! I had called and called but nothing. This had never happened before so it wasn't like her. I called her friends but no one knew anything or so they said. Our daughters Leanne and Audrey were worried as well. Mum didn't do this. The Police wouldn't get involved just yet.

About 7.45 the next morning, I got a text saying she had a surprise for me in room 5009 at the Cornhill Hotel. I dropped the kids of at their school. That was a big relief given what was about to happen.

As I came out of the lift I saw the back of a man leaving a room near were 5009 would be. He never looked my way. I never had a view of him which would have enabled me to identify him. If only. He headed to the stairwell away from me. When I got to 5009, the door was ajar. He had left the bar locked so the door wouldn't close. I recall my heartrate rising on realising he'd been in Lesley's room. Why?

As I opened the door, I gasped. I almost collapsed. I don't think I took one full step into that bloody room. Lesley was sprawled naked on the bed. She was so far out of it I don't think she realised I were there. From her posture, she was totally blitzed. She must have had more to drink the night before than I have ever seen her drink.

As if what I was seeing wasn't shocking enough, when I looked more closely I saw there was semen splattered all over her face. Her breasts were covered in love bites. The sheet was drawn low across her stomach and legs arching towards the foot of the bed. I saw her vagina was bare, no pubic hair. She had pubic hair when she left home yesterday!

I screamed, "Lesley!" before her name caught in my throat.

I took a final look at Lesley, the love of my life. I didn't approach her. I took a few photos in case she decided to contest the divorce. I was devastated. I never knew the true meaning of that word until that moment.

I was so angry, I wanted to kill her for what she had done, to me but then I remembered our children. Sense just prevailed as if I did that they would have lost both parents.

I left and returned home. I wasn't fit for work. I took time to decide what I was going to do.

First, the whore was going to be aware I knew what she was up to. I uploaded the photos I had taken and added a few words. "Slut Lesley, I spent all night worried about you but you spent it in a hotel room fucking fuck knows who! What you did I never want to know. To be confronted with a man leaving your room, you blitzed out of your mind, semen splattered over your face. It was bad enough seeing the cum on your face but the bites on your breasts and your naked cunt. Why you texted me to ask me to come for a surprise I'll never know. It was the cruellest thing you have ever done. You have destroyed all my love for you. I never want to speak to your fucking mouth, see your lying fucking eyes, even glimpse you in passing. You never considered the effect this would have on our girls. I shall have to explain this to them when they return from school. How! I hope as a whore you will be unhappy for the rest of your miserable fucking life! Don't bother ever coming home. Slut! Whore!"

Secondly, I told both sets of grandparents. Lesley's parents couldn't believe it until I forwarded the pictures to them. Cruel, in hindsight but I was so consumed by anger I never considered anyone else's feelings.

Thirdly, the divorce. I spoke with David, our friend and family solicitor. He was shocked when I told him. Later he told me it was the tone in my voice which convinced him. The pain was so evident. He would have bet his life that Lesley would never cheat on me. He advised on taking a few days to calm down and then begin the process. It couldn't happen overnight anyway but an angry petition could backfire. I reluctantly took his advice.

Fourth, I cancelled all joint credit and cash cards. On David's advice I moved some but not all money into a new account with instructions not to touch in the meantime.

I spent time trying to work out what I would tell the girls when they returned from school. It was as bad as I thought it would be. Two distressed girls.

Once I had done that I had nothing to occupy my mind. It ran replays of that scene. My world had collapsed. If I thought about me and the whore, I couldn't see for the tears. My life changed, I changed.

Lesley:

I surfaced around eleven o'clock according to the room clock. I felt exhausted. It didn't feel natural. I looked in the mirror and saw what looked like dried up semen on my face and my breasts were covered in love bites. I had marks on my wrists and ankles. What had happened?

I love Michael with all my heart. He and I are joined as soulmates. I would never cheat on him.

I recalled from deep in the depths of my mind, Michael had been here. He had seen me!

I collapsed to the floor. Tears were flowing and I was sobbing, shaking my core apart. I had never felt so bad. What had I done? I vaguely recalled the image of that man, who was he?

I showered and dressed. I didn't feel any better. I felt worse when I looked at my phone. Michael had sent photos he had taken of me. The words he used to express his anger ripped out my soul. I was never to return. A slut, a whore!

I left the hotel and couldn't see my car. I couldn't have driven even if it was there. I could barely function. I called my mum to ask her to pick me up. She wasn't happy, she knew. "What did you do?" she screamed down the phone. "I don't know," I shouted back. "I need help!"

Mum reluctantly came and collected me. She was mad at me! She took me to a pharmacy for the morning after pill. I was ashamed and embarrassed.

As if what had happened wasn't bad enough, what made everything even worse was that neither mum nor dad believed me that I didn't know what I had done. They knew I always told the truth but even that didn't help.

I tried to explain, "I know I was in that hotel room with a man. The man must have undressed me, used me. He came over my face. He removed my pubic hair as I discovered in the shower. Look at my wrists and ankles, look at the marks." They were gone.

"I remember him saying I would marry him.

"I don't recall anything since the celebration in our office with Ryan and a few others to toast our success on the new deal. That was the back of four yesterday. I was all set to go home. I can't remember anything apart from what turned out to be Michael from then until I woke up at 11. I feel so tired, an unnatural tiredness.

"I wasn't drunk, I had a soft drink that's all."

No amount of protestations on my part shifted their belief, well mum's, that I knew what I did and had been having an affair. I told them I would never have an affair, I love Michael. I wouldn't do anything to hurt him or our girls.

As Michael had made clear I wasn't welcome at our home, they reluctantly suggested that I stay in the garage annex which had housed Dad's mum when she was ill. The conditions imposed was that we would have as little contact as possible. I should find a flat as soon as possible. They weren't going to lose access to their grandchildren over, mum's words, "a slut like me!" That hurt worse than if she had hit me.

I needed their support but only got their rage. I didn't know what had happened. No one believed me. That hurt deeper than even Michael's words.

It was two days before I was composed enough and capable of rational thought to ask my mum to arrange for me to visit the house to uplift my clothing. I wouldn't expect Michael or the girls to be there when I did after what he had said.

I had called my work on the third day. Ryan had told everyone I was taking a few days off to re-evaluate my life. How the fuck did he know anything? My car was there so I took a taxi there to pick it up. I didn't want to provoke another bloody argument with my angry mum.

I didn't need to hunt for my clothes. Michael had left a big sign saying they were all in the garage. I loaded the bin bags into my car. I left my house keys, garage fob and my rings in exchange. I just about held it together as I viewed what had been a happy home. No one was happy now.

Alone, in the annex, I racked my brain every moment I was awake trying to work out what had happened to me. I knew I would never cheat on Michael so why had I? I never found an answer.

I went back to work on the Monday. I felt I could act in any zombie film without the need for direction. I was just going through the motions. Ryan was very attentive. He couldn't do enough for me. My mind was going be careful with him, but why?

Up, work, sit alone, bed. The perfect life for a 40 year old. Michael had his wish, "I hope as a whore you will be unhappy for the rest of your miserable fucking life!"

I still don't know why I never killed myself. I thought about it every time I argued with my mum which was whenever we bumped into each other. The only reason I can think of was my need to know why I was in that fucking room first!

My parents basically shunned me. I thought they would at least try and listen but no. I gave up trying to engage with them. My dad seemed to want to speak but mum kept him under control. None of my friends at work appeared interested in helping either. I knew my own demeanour didn't help there either. I had withdrawn into myself to protect myself. I was ostracised from the circle of friends Michael and I had.

I hated myself, what I had done. I was worthless. I needed a friend to stand by me, help me but I was alone, a slut, a whore.

Two weeks later, a tracked delivery envelope arrived. It was Michael's petition for divorce on the grounds of my adultery. Our friend, sorry, his friend David was his lawyer. It wasn't unexpected given the vitriol Michael had used. Both of us had always agreed that adultery would end any marriage including our own.

I went to a solicitor to draft my reply. When I explained what had happened to her she was surprised no one had suggested having me tested for drugs like Ketamine or Rohypnol. It was too late now. I lambasted myself over this. I had watched programmes about date rape drugs and spoken with my girls about it. Why had I never thought about that? Why! Where?

Michael and David were being fair in their suggested distributions of assets but I was to be denied any access to my girls. My solicitor countered with a suggestion of counselling and access to the girls.

Michael fought the idea of counselling but had to concede on allowing access. If he hadn't the court could order them to be with me.

After their third visit, I spoke with my solicitor and asked that no visitation rights be assigned to me. If in the future they wished to speak with me I would be delighted but I couldn't inflict the hurt they had when with me again. They had spent all their time with me asking why and I couldn't give them an answer they could comprehend. I didn't know wasn't acceptable, to them, to me! They just cried and cried.

I couldn't cry. I needed to know why I had destroyed our lives. When I knew I could end this fucking existence!

Michael:

If anything the next day was worse. We had to go shopping and my eldest had to put some sanitary products in the trolley. I almost lost it in the store. Lesley had always dealt with those private feminine matters.

The following day, Doreen, Lesley's mum called. We had always got on well. I couldn't use any mother-in-law jokes against her. John, her husband and I had a very good relationship. He had been very protective of Lesley when we began going out together but soon realised that I cared deeply for her. After a while he even put his shotgun away.

"Michael, can Lesley come over to collect her clothes? She knows you don't want to see her so she'll come when the coast is clear. She's heartbroken but says she doesn't know what she did, why she did it. We don't believe her. That is cutting her up just as much as your words. She's going to be staying in the garage annex for now. She will look for a flat as we can barely speak. When I look, the only ones are in the Derwent estate and even with her being a whore, I couldn't let her live there.

"I hope you and the girls will be okay with us visiting. If they visit us, we'll make sure Lesley stays away."

I thought about her request for a few minutes. I'm sure she thought I was going to say no to both. "I'll collect all her belongs and have them so she can just uplift them. Leanne and Audrey need you both in their lives so just be normal grandparents for them."

I could almost see Doreen's look of joy at that.

Lesley collected her clothes and left her keys and her rings. She recognised it was over between us, I thought.

Each day was a little better. We had our routine. Over time we collected more of Lesley's stuff which had been in the washing or ironing basket or just in an area we had never checked. She was so organised the winter clothes were put away in storage and so on. When we couldn't find something, Doreen acted as a go-between. Doreen also took Lesley's items we found home with her.

David prepared the divorce petition and we went through it. The girl were adamant they didn't want to see their mum ever again. David said that would come back as the court would not allow that especially if Lesley contested it as we both knew she would. The other option she would ask to be looked at, in his opinion was counselling. It may seem a reasonable request as I haven't spoken one word to her since that morning.

He was right. Lesley did ask for those.

Leanne and Audrey weren't for meeting her but I said they had too, as if they didn't, the court would go with their mum not me. Each time they came back very upset. Mum wouldn't tell them why? She just repeated she didn't know! Why couldn't she tell us!

After their third visit, David received notice from Lesley's solicitor she was withdrawing her request for visitation rights. This was the first indication of the normal Lesley, putting others first.

Whenever Doreen came she updated me on Lesley. She still maintained she didn't know why. She was very withdrawn, sullen even, angry at them. She went to work, came home and went to bed. She had never been out since that day. She didn't even sit outside in the sun on a nice day, something she had always enjoyed.

It took six months for the petition to be heard and as everything was agreed it went through. The Sheriff noted the lack of visitation rights but Lesley's solicitor said Lesley did not wish to cause more distress to her children. If they wished later she would be happy to have them visit her.

Lesley:

I had four flats potentially lined up but was really surprised when my mum refused to let me move to any of them. I suspect she thought I might put a red light over the front door. They were in a very poor area where that was not uncommon. In all honesty, I wouldn't choose to stay on that estate if I could avoid it.

As they were so hostile to me, I insisted on paying rent to them for the annex. I didn't want to be a charity case. I could hear the conversation at one of their parties, "Oh, our daughter, the whore. We've done our best but!"

Every day I tried to work out what I had done to be in that room, with whom - but nothing came to mind. My solicitor's words about drugs made sense but I had no proof. Even with that it wouldn't help. Michael was free of the whore!

For my peace of mind, I went to the STD clinic to be checked and fortunately the results were good. I cannot think of a more embarrassing thing I have done.

At work, Ryan kept up his charm offensive. I was uncomfortable around him for some reason. We had never been close colleagues but this was new. I never went to any office outings. While before I had been happy to be part of the social group, help organise outings, chat during breaks and have a laugh, I stayed distant from everyone. I saw a few keep a watch on me with some concern.

I came home, stayed alone and went to bed. I felt so low I never even used my vibrators or dildos Michael had thoughtfully included in the bin bags. When I saw them in a drawer they reminded me off far better times. Michael used to tie me up and use them on me until I could cum no more before fucking me slowly. As he did he demanded I tell him how much I loved him. "To the edge of the universe and back!" He'd ask, "who owns your pussy." I would answer him and him alone. That was the absolute truth.