All Comments on 'It Wasn’t What It Seemed'

by NylonDreams

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

All the jumping back and forth, going from first person to third and back, I didn’t finish the first page. Get a clue how to write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Seriously, I will finish the story BUT to have Michael run off and act like this (that's all I haver read so far) REGARDLESS of the reason is so unbelievable as is the fact that her parents support this absurd behaviour. Fuck when the dust settles if I was Leanne I would have nothing to do with the husband.

I hate runaway wimp stories more than cuck stories!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Please do a sequel where they find themselves back together as a complete family!¡¡!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Holy crap monkies what a convoluted train wreck that was! First you lie to us in the opening. Not 5 paragraphs into the story and it's filled with graphic sex. No problems with the sex, but why that particular introduction? Then you create three of the worst characters ever - Michael, the husband and her parents were simply despicable people. What kind of husband bursts into a hotel room after getting a mysterious phone call, takes one look at his nearly comatose wife and decides - "Oh my! What a terrible whore"! Talk about jumping to conclusions. Then he takes pictures and leaves her there? The act of a coward. Then she goes to her parents who immediately decide their daughter, whom you say never lied, is a lying, cheating slut. Really??? Her parents both decide that? Even though this is a fictional story, I found those characters and their actions to be totally improbable and unbelievable. Things went downhill from there. What kind of special moron doesn't go to the hospital and the police immediately? For a smart woman, she sure was a dummy. And you wanted us to believe that the ligature marks left by tying her to the bed in the hotel would disappear, as if by magic, by the time she saw her parents the next day? You continued the unbelievable by having Ryan rush at a man with a shotgun, while he held a knife! That was too funny for words. Was the master planner Ryan really THAT stupid? There are just too many giant holes in this mess. Hell you never tell us if she got the giant payout from the firm. Unbelievable characters, giant plot holes and not even a clear ending left this story completely wanting. UGH!

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

I was drugged and raped

.

I know, I'll wash off the DNA and do absolutely nothing about getting a drug test for months. And my car? Well that will just magically appear from the giant hole in the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If Lesley died Michael would have been in a world of trouble. Too many why's at the start. Why the cowardly wimpish response. Why send pictures to the parents, what shit does that. Why do the parent not put their daughter first especially after pictures are sent. Why don't they suspect foul play as they have known their own daughter for years. Why should the girls disown their mother. They should not even know the reason for the separation. What idiot (Lesley) even in bad situations takes all the guilt and allows others to run all over her in a divorce.

If I were Lesley, Michael would never be back in my life. He has shown himself to b e a low-life coward, and the parents would be the same. Fuck you support your family regardless until all attempts are failed and rejected. There were NO attempts here. Fuck them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

pathetic crock of shit!

sem999sem999almost 3 years ago

I would like to see happy ending ,still 5 stars for me

ThorlolThorlolalmost 3 years ago

Interesting story. Only thing I didnt like was Lesley putting so much blame on herself even at the end. Can anyone blame her for not wanting to live after 'everyone' ostracized her? I dont think so, but its good that she became aware what this would do to her kids. Suicide is never an answer to problems but she shouldnt feel too much guilt about it. Other than that I cant comprehend why she would long for any kind of relationship with her parents or Michael after the whole thing came to a conclusion. Her focus on the kids is the only thing I can comprehend, they were too young and too easily influenced by others. But oh well, people have different mindsets, maybe she sees value in them that I dont see.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I couldn't get past the 1st page.

What a bunch of stupid uncompassionate people. I'll ignore the illegalities of forcing her to move out and no solicitor would not challenge custody for the mother of kids.

Husband who supposedly loves his wife:

- does not challenge someone coming out of the room his wife called him to

- sees wife more drunk than he ever has and does not question this?

- seeing her in this condition his 1st thought is divorce not 'oh shit what happened'

Her parents are worse:

- if my daughter came home with that story, irrespective of what I had received from her other half, I would have had her down to the hospital straight away.

- how she deals with her relationship with her husband is down to her, her parents might not like it but you would hope beyond it all they would still love her.

Her solicitor:

- would push for the best outcome for her client. Arguing the potential for drugs etc. (and surely this would make sense to even the stupid characters you have written.)

- would push for custody of the kids and all relevant payments. Even in the UK (I guess due to the use of solicitor) custody is prioritised to the mother even if they have been unfaithful.

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 3 years ago
Annoying! But Very Good Read!

The story began to gain traction when Lesley started her investigation in Inverness but I was screaming inside to get Lesley tested for drugs and a DNA test on the semen on her body when Michael found her. The reactions of her mother and her husband were wimpy, irresponsible cowardly and thoroughly unhelpful. Their actions were well described and elicted a strong feeling of empathy in me. It was a good read and an exciting story, Thank You 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Stupid writer = bunch of bullshit = 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story.......but?.......I know all these stories on literotica are just that.....stories......but I do expect some realism in them. In my world the wife would never go back to the husband.....her relationship with her parents would at best be strained.........but I could see her reforging her relationship with her daughters.......either way....she's now rich and able to move on and find happiness in building a new life for herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love and hate that she didn't run back into his arms. I want them to be happy as fictional characters that were wronged. They were both severely wronged.

But now that the wife/heroine has found justice...the aftermath will be intense.

Everyone abandoned her. No one let her speak despite her spotless record. The father saved her life, her kids were young and stupid. Even her mother gave her room and board despite being a bitch to her.

The husband will suffer most now. He failed to be her rock. He threw her under the bus. His betrayal will sting the worst. It makes sense their love was damaged beyond repair.

Even if they remarry each other...it will never be the same again. His eternal shame will remain. And the sting of being at her lowest...and abandoned by him will haunt her. A good story...a sad story.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

I am s oring it 4/5 only because you didn't go the whole way with a reconciliation.

You have to write a sequel. She was a good woman who was raped. Make it a Happy Ending !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If you think you've been assaulted, go to hospital. They will do a rape kit, collect evidence, and especially your blood and urine. Drugs show up.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

Beautiful. A true loving wife sacrificing for her love of her family truly gets me emotionally.

That is why I have deep hatred with sluts and cheating wives.

I do hate cheaters -- men cheat most of the times and I do hate them.

But they are so many sometimes it sedated my reaction a bit.

But cheating wives are rare (especially in my 3rd world country) that is why it riles me up.

Cucks riles me up as well as cheating wives.

/

When Michael saw Lesley in that hotel, I was mad at him that he didn't check his wife.

But really I couldn't blame him. It is a good thing Lesley persevered in her search for truth

to bring down those despicable inhuman culprits. This is a story that DEMANDS a RECONCILIATION. Hope the part 2 is the struggle towards that.

/

Again. A beautiful story.

Thanks author NylonDreams.

kiteareskitearesalmost 3 years ago

It's your story and your characters, you should finish it. A bit far fetched, but there is the basis of a decent story in there.

Why she would want a relationship with her parents of Michael is beyond me. They were too stupid to put such out of character actions together and come to the conclusion something was dreadfully wrong and get it checked. Not only that Michael started a campaign of hate that turned everyone against her.

She should also sue for custody of the kids and take him to the cleaners for poisoning a 12 and 14/15 year old against her with his unfounded judgement. Really what sort of man tells a 12 year old (it was 8 months before the shooting when Audrey was 13) that her mother is a slut and a whore? He's obviously not fit to be a father.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

How could this woman not understand she was raped?

She didn't drink alcohol, wakes up groggy in a hotel room with all the signs of sex and memory loss, and even has pictures of her state and no one, not even her parents suspect anything?

What kind of rock did these morons live under?

While I kinda imagine some husbands acting like that, he doesn't seem to be devoutly Muslim or some other religious fundamentalist church-goer, so if he's so "loving" why did he act that way? Maybe he's just a wife-beater or some other type of sociopath?

Doesn't make sense otherwise. Any sane husband would at least consider the possibility of rape and give a wife of 18 happy years and 2 kids some benefit of doubt.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Well written but this was a tough one to like or hate. Guess I'm leaning toward hating it because Lesley was really the only likable character in the story. Michael and her parents are abhorrent people that immediately thought the absolute worst of a wife and daughter. Nothing in her past would make anything that happened in the hotel room logical. Yet they all immediately assumed the worst. This is somewhere between a 3 and 4* for me. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don't see any husband encountering that situation in the hotel room after receiving a text message from the wife and seen a man sneak down the stair well while on the fifth flow and not expect fowl play. They would immediately notify the front desk, and get their wife to the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Again another story where the bad guys document every detail so they can be caught by some person with very basic skills who always has access to a computer expert.

That aside, I liked it but please idon'thave these guys reconcile. She now knows his true being. Anyone who would do what he did right away is someone you do not want to remarry. She also is not to smart. How does she not contact police or the hospital right away is crazy. She gets a morning after pill but does not say lets get me checked out?

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

As someone else mentioned among the comments to your story — it is just that “a story”; your fantasy, something out of your imagination, so I rarely take issue with whether story was realistic or how far fetched a character’s behavior. You would probably not have much of a story if Lesley’s husband did not react so out of character upon finding his wife — the person he loved for 18 years, had no reason to suspect infidelity, etc, etc. So, for me, his behavior was literally unimaginable no matter what transpires latter and the entire story suffers for that reason.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

it wouldn't have taken this woman day(s) to think she might have been drugged and raped

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

Why would she even think about going back with Mike or having a relationship with her parents or daughters. They all crucified her without giving her a second thought. This is total bullcrap. In other similar stories where the hubby gets screwed over he never accepts an apology. But the wife is expected too? Crazy!

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51almost 3 years ago

Well written, I agree with the idea of you Finishing the story to reconclliation.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Melodramatic soap opera.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

Michael was a weasel. He failed at every turn. What he should do now is let her move back in with the girls and move into the annex apartment indefinitely. They can co-parent but she should find a better man in the future. He also needs to go to every person he sent the pictures to and apologize. She doesn't need to have those "friends" back but they need to know how dis-loyal they were for not trying to get her side.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great spin on the usual "husband set up and nobody believes him" trope.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

That no one even imagined the possibility she had been raped is not remotely plausible. It derails the rest of the story. That she is only considered redeemed by having done the physically impossible of fighting off her rapist while unconscious and tied down is not only implausible, it’s also deeply misogynistic victim blaming by the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I hated this because the basic premise was so flawed. Once no one thought to check for sexual assault the story, no matter how well written, was completely unbelievable.

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

Great! Awesome! As I was reading the story, I knew there would be a lot of nay-sayers. But the story is fiction and I don't think that many of the readers understand that fact. Besides, when it is said that it couldn't happen, it very well could have.

There were times that the moistness in my eyes made it difficult to read. If I have a complaint (and I do), there needs to be a part two so that all of the loose ends can be tied up and we see what happens from your perspective.

Well written and thank you for a great story.

And for the nay-sayers, I gave it 5 stars without any thought or hesitation!

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4ualmost 3 years ago

Actually I thought this was well done. When a traumatic event happens, logic flies out the window. Anger overcomes rational thinking. For those who read carefully it was explained why things we think of as normal weren't done, Lesley was confused and traumatised and it was only when talking to Brenda that realisation as to what may have happened that the fog of despondency was lifted. Michael was shocked into an anger that corrupted his mind, so he lashed out. Life does not always work as we expect and I think your portrayal of the breakdown of normalcy works very well. To those who criticise, hopefully you will react as you think you should, not all do.

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 3 years ago
Nice, different story

Nice, different story. Very emotional. It illustrate how difficult is to explain certain situations in life, when there are no clear-cut explanations and nobody believes your word. In today society, especially in politics, lying is an common occurrence. No wonder, everything needs to be double checked. The media serves the parties, not the readers. The author reflected very well the profound loneliness of the wife, when she was totally shunned by those who should have loved and protected her the most. Nobody supported her, until a co-worker opened her eyes and confirmed her suspicions. The end is not really open. It's like life, We can only assume what is going to happen tomorrow, but we have to live it to know it. Good writer. Good story. Thanks for the story, and please keep writing.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

Hope for a finish in a second part?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Every sexual misconduct should not be judged objectively. The reasons behind them have deeper ramifications than what apparently seems too obvious.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 3 years ago

WOW! One of the best stories I’ve read on this site. Finding a gem lime this is what makes the path through all the others worth while. I would love to know the rest of the story, however, this extraordinary work leaves me fulfilled.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

part 2 please they do get back together and the girls finally admit the love her

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

She might not have remembered who the man or men were but she would have their DNA to prove it once she had her suspicions. BUT she did not go to the hospital and report the rape and get examined. I call bullshit on that. A kid or uneducated, unaware woman might have done that, but she was older, educated and supposedly responsible.

TonyspencerTonyspenceralmost 3 years ago

If Michael had been a loving husband who knew his wife was an excellent wife and mother, he would’ve assumed that she had been date raped and organised date rape testing and gathering semen DNA. Clearly Ryan us a complete moron and would have been bumped off by his employers long before this - leaving his own DNA on a woman attending his party and then calling her husband to a hotel room he booked? After that little bit of madness, all the rest of the story was too contrived to be believable.

Gmann006Gmann006almost 3 years ago

Good story well worth the read

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 3 years ago

As I write my post, 24 people have posted before me. I am a reconciliation type reader and writer and the call for that from some of the posters made me think that also, except for this one statement almost at the end, 'I have spent months with the pain of not knowing why I destroyed us.'

The only thing Lesley did wrong was drinking a soda with a co-worker. Everything after that was on everyone else.

Michael goes to a hotel room early in the morning in response to a text he just received,

'About 7.45 the next morning, I got a text saying she had a surprise for me in room 5009 at the Cornhill Hotel.'

He sees someone who won't look at him leave a room, then finds the door ajar and 'Lesley was sprawled naked on the bed. She was so far out of it I don't think she realised I were there. From her posture, she was totally blitzed. She must have had more to drink the night before than I have ever seen her drink.'

It never dawned on him that she wouldn't have been able to send that text? His response, take pictures and call his lawyer. Her parents weren't any better.

A good doctor would have advised her to repair her relationships with everyone, but not let them back in as close as they were before. She proved her innocents, now it's there turn, and I'm sorry doesn't cut it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

piss poor, fuck Michael and the parents are imbeciles. She should take all the money she can get from the judgement, reopen the divorce proceeding, screw him to the wall and the n start a new life. Get real. He find her in a room tied up and abused, so he then cuts her off from everything. What kind of husband is that. Hey dud, man up and be real.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nicely complex story.

I struggled, though with how extreme everything is: disbelief from husband, children and parents; 170 female victims (how big a company would that have to be and how could all of that remain hidden?); the confidence that Lesley would be killed (not just threatened or injured)—it’s all just too much. Less extreme circumstances and more complex characters would make a more believable story and a better read (in my view).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You guys do know this is fiction, don’t you???

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

I agree that it seems she should have sought medical help after waking up stoned, with no memory of events. However, the crushing emotions of realizing her husband saw her, left her irrational.

The part that just doesn’t work, is saying she fought Ryan off. She was physically paralyzed and couldn’t speak. Exactly HOW could Leslie fight Ryan?

All in all, it’s a very well written story. The trauma seems realistic. The aftermath and emotions at that time seem perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sorry but the main plot was screaming out from the beginning. Still interesting but too drawn out for my taste.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

First, the reactions of the husband in the hotel are simply not believable. That fact tainted the entire rest of the story and I struggled at times to continue reading. Her fight to clear herself was inspirational writing, even had me in tears at certain points. Then you completely blew it, again, by having Lesley completely dismiss her relationships with her parents and Mike. You could have had a great story front to back by having the husband have a "realistic" section in the hotel, then they fight to nail David. Not sure why the bizarre plot twists...4* 0verall

furrycarl1956furrycarl1956almost 3 years ago

Couldn't read it. A waste of time.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

Why should she have the will to have a relationship with her husband again? Because of the children? That didn't bother him when he kicked her in the gutter! A very good story that was also told very well. Really tied me up!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 3 years ago

Well written and a remarkable story. Hard to believe the group had raped 170 women without being held accountable. Husband was to quick to judge and lacked faith nd trust in the marriage. Getting back together may not be in their best interest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Totally ridiculous, incredible, scenario. Nobody noticed anything from the time she left her work till the time she was ushered into a hotel room. Who rented the room would be the first question? The husband just snaps some pictures and leaves. Is he not concerned at all for the love of his life and the mother of his children. No discussion at all, c'mon man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Seriously, all the shit she went through with her husband, I wouldn't have wasted the time reconnecting. Fuck Him! She was drugged, raped, and to add insult to injury, reject by everyone. Her children are the only ones she needed to build a relationship with. Fuck her stupid ass spouse for his actions. The guy was a fucking moron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Does not deserve a 1 star credit. It was written well with an original story line. That's 5 stars. *****

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

Here’s my problem, she was raped. I agree. The problem I have is that he didn’t take her straight to the hospital. It all could have been avoided. Also, I would have chased the guy down. Also if she was drunk I would get her help, then divorce her, also who gave her the soda would be dead or dying. She

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoalmost 3 years ago

1-star, here's why.

Ever heard the phrase "fruit of the poisonous tree"? It's a court term that means any and all information gained by illegal means is consider inadmissible in court. It can also be taken in a means that no matter how good a situation turns out, if it was started off by ill intentions or bad circumstances, the rest of the situation is overlooked because of that one untimely event.

Where am I getting at with this? The overall story was decent at best. 3-star material. Maaaaaaybe 4-star if my arm got twisted. What killed it was the very beginning. 18 years together, two daughters, an near-idyllic marriage. And I'm supposed to be believe that after the wife disappears for a night (something completely out of character), the husband gets a text from his wife's phone directing him to a hotel room, find his wife out of sorts, AND DOESN'T IMMEDIATELY QUESTION THE SCENE?!!!! I mean, he doesn't even hint that he smells a setup. Just "Oh, you fucking slut!"

Like, wow! If I was the wife, after something like that, I wouldn't want the husband back at all. Sure, clear my name, get that scarlet "A" rubbed off my forehead, and save my reputation. But after one sloppy setup, my husband couldn't even give me the benefit of the doubt. Nope, fuck him. And that's what killed the story. No relatable character or someone to empathize with whatsoever because everyone in it was stupid to some degree.

Once again, 1-star.

-JMFC

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

I liked it. You did well here. I gave you 4;5 because you finished leaving everyone high and dry. There was no proper closure. You owed us that.

Scores 4/5, should have been a 5 but you rushed the end and lost us in the process.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too many words for obvious plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Lots of drama but very sketchy plot details.

She was betrayed by those who knew her better than that?

Impo_64Impo_64almost 3 years ago

I stopped reading at: "The ending is open"...1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I realised this is really a parody. We can't blame Michael as he has followed the LW's male MC template. Had to worry about his wife for a full night then when he went to the hotel saw that she had had a night of sex. What to do? Get the evidence via pictures on the phone. Check. Send said pictures to all her relatives and friends turning wife into a pariah. Check. Immediately contact lawyer and split finances. Check. Kick weeping wife out of house. Check. Turn kids and wife's parents fully against her. Check. Never talk or see her again. Check. Get all the benefits of the divorce and full custody. Check. Michaels' our hero. He's achieved the complete LW husbands package.

Oops, not his fault his wife was drugged and raped. As an avid LW reader that was never a possibility. He can't be blamed for getting it wrong - women are always the sluts and whores. Now at least he can hope to get an apology from Leslie for putting him in that position. Didn't she have any feeling for him.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

I understand it is fiction but it was so unbelievable and boring I just gave up and jumped to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wrong category, this story should be in Fantasy/Science Fiction: the characters are from a different planet.

NO normal human beings would react they way these people did. The husband abandoned her without the merest inquiry into what, why, and how. The wife found herself covered in DNA and didn't think to maybe get a sample to identify who raped her? What is more bizarre than the rape is that this woman worked for years among inhuman monsters, and she had no clue. Like the monsters only come out after the woman is drugged and down? Otherwise their behavior, attitude, demeanor, is perfectly virtuous and normal. No, evil only hides from those who are too lazy stupid or naive to look for it; the Three Monkeys.

And the writing style was repetitive to the point of being obnoxious. If 3 different people are involved in the same event, we don't need that event retold 3 times from each person's perspective. Get an editor.

I have to add, miscommunication or lack of communication is a lazy plot device. It just makes everyone look stupid and dense, especially the author who thinks its a plausible reason for what people did or didn't do. One day the raped wife will wake up and realize that if her husband found her in a burning building he'd probably assume she set the fire and just leave her to burn. If she allows that arrogant dumb ass back into her life she deserves the empty vapid relationship that will ensue.

Overall a really annoying fantasy, but thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

this was a horrible tale of family betrayed there mother, wife, daughter etc .you get a Phone call saying where your devoted wife can be found. You see her incoherent , bruised, comatose. Yet you take pictures and send them to all you know accusing her of being a whore and leave. No alcohol on her breath. And you do not call the police or a ambulance. You are not her husband a total piece of shit. There is no reconciliation possible here. This marriage is over. And the parents what shit are they made of. What country allows you to throw you wife out of your home. This story is the pits.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

Fantastic! I was not sure about his statement at the beginning about an open ending, but I understand now. If you don't publish a good ending to this story, I will never forgive you. 10 stars; excellent tale .everyone knows I can't count. The Bear approves. The husband doesn't do much for our gender, but it was human nature. The HEROINE was awesome. Every man should have a wife like her. I admire her and love her to death. Do right by her, and give her closure. As for the pervs, Kill them all, let GOD sort them out like we used to say in 'Nam.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 3 years ago
When The Premise Is a Two …

If the premise sucks swamp-water, the tale will not taste like Dom Perignon! This happens when a writer wants to outdo the previous paragraph with the next paragraph. Does anyone think you can blackmail an entire big company for millions (conveniently forgotten) AND then prosecute half or more of the management? Does anyone think, when a large percentage of said management’s time is planning rapes of the workers, that they will be able to compete with companies whose staff focusses on the business? One hundred and seventy female employees raped? No ‘equal opportunity’ for the homosexual managers (or employees?)

Sweetie needs to listen carefully to Hubby! He is right! He came to a major fork in the road of marriage and took the one with a 100 foot-deep sinkhole which collapsed just as he got there … and had the kids in the car! Sweetie will give him unlimited contact with their girls!

3* Try to stay in this solar system!

barry_mccockinerbarry_mccockineralmost 3 years ago

Lesley is the only remotely sympathetic figure in this story. Her husband finds her looking extremely dazed and showing evidence of sexual activity, and he loves her so much that he storms off (not once bothering to check if she is okay or asking for an explanation). Then he immediately files for divorce, tries to take away her daughters, and sets out to wreck her relationship with her parents, her daughters, and their friends.

Her parents reflexively don't believe her and then treat her like an outcast. Her mother sees her looking increasingly gaunt and speaking about dying, but doesn't actually do anything to help. Her daughters don't want to see her ever again even though it seems like otherwise she has been a good mother. She sees her ex-husband and daughters and looks terrible, but they do nothing to try to rebuild their relationship with her.

She should rebuild her relationship with her daughters and then find a husband who actually trusts her and loves her enough to look into her well being when she has quite obviously been drugged or fed a huge amount of alcohol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He is a useless piece of shit (Michael). The rest are like most they jump to conclusions without facts. Their relationship should only be as co parents. No way did they share the close bond alluded to in the story. He would never had reacted to a single incident that way if it was. She turned herself into a guilt ridden martyr. Someone in that mind set could not pull off what happened. She was imbued with actions by the author that someone with that kind of hopelessness would be unable to complete.

As for Ryan......he got off way to easy. Him and every single one of the degenerates he was involved with would have met with a fate that would have made them wish for an early entry into hell. No legal tricks or connections would have saved them from the justice they deserved if one of these women would have been a relative or significant other to me.

The Native American tribes have things to test the courage and strength of their enemies, I think these would work well for start on these men who have by their own actions forfeited the right to live.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unnecessarily dragged out and repetitive, convoluted garbage.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Dsmn

Tough tale. The husband jumped to conclusions that weren't true. He thought normally. The wife was drugged and abused. She thought irrationally. Can't blame her. But she got to the bottom of it and proved she didn't do anything. What happens now? Anything could happen but it wasn't their fault. Great tale.

Five Stars

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoalmost 3 years ago

This was ridiculous, he arrives at the hotel room to find that his wife has been obviously sexually assaulted, completely out of it, not conscious at all. What does he do? Takes a couple of photographs and leaves her.

No call for medical assistance whatsoever.

Absolutely stupid that he thinks so little of her that he abandons her to her fate.

moralcompassmoralcompassalmost 3 years ago

Only read as far as where the husband took photos of his disorientated wife before leaving the hotel room. The woman had never previously been that intoxicated before. She had never spent a night apart from her husband without telling him before. I also assume she had never had sex outside her marriage before. So why would her moron husband conclude she intentionally deceived him. Anyone with a modicum of sense would surely suspect foul play. Sorry, no point in reading any further.

KarnevilKarnevilalmost 3 years ago

Some of this was so over the top it was just rediculous, a group of men raping over 170 women and nobody doing fuck all to stop them? Not one woman thought to involve the police? Not one realising they'd been drugged? And to cap it all these men are so stupid they provide all the evidence of their crimes? Rediculous.

The actual writing was good, no glaring mistakes or typos. The basic plot was good but somewhat overused, unfortunately the actions of the supporting characters, again was quite unbelievable. I can't believe a husband, finding his wife naked and obviously drunk or drugged would simply take incriminating photos and then leave to show all and sundry. Nor can I believe the reactions of her daughters and parents. Frankly if the wife had any sense at all she'd sue the rapists for everything she could, tell her daughters to think long and hard about how they behaved before even considering forgiving them, then tell her parents to fuck off. Finally meet her ex husband, punch the arsehole in the mouth and kick him in the nuts, then leave the twat for good.

A story about a raped woman but I'm not sure who was worse: the rapists or her family?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

Readers recognize that some suspension of disbelief is required for stories, but this one was way, way, way over the top in that.

Multiple commenters mentioned what an asshole/idiot Michael was for not at least checking to see if Leslie was OK, so I'll skip that.

But there were things, big and little, throughout the story that were just not believable. On the first page, Michael takes his daughters to the grocery store:

"We had to go shopping and my eldest had to put some sanitary products in the trolley. I almost lost it in the store. Lesley had always dealt with those private feminine matters." No man who has been married to or living with a woman for that many years can possibly be unknowledgeable about or embarrassed over feminine "sanitary products." Every man who has shared a bathroom with a woman knows what brand and size she uses, and the odds that he's never, in over fifteen years, heard, "Honey, I'm out of tampons, Will you go to the store and get me a pack?" are negligibly small. The odds that he's never gone trough the grocery store and seen his wife or girlfriend throw a package of tampons or sanitary napkins into the 'trolley' are very small.

OK, OK, Lesley waited too long to get a blood or urine test for date rape drugs; as a lot of other commenters have mentioned, that's way stupid, but it is true that many women who have been raped do the same thing. They want to shower off any contact with their rapist, which makes forensic examination difficult to impossible. But if it's too late for the urine test, hair tests can detect such as much as ninety days out! Authors here need to know that.

The notion that a woman's parents or her children will hate and disown her if her adultery is discovered is used frequently in LW stories, but that's almost never the case. Parents love their children, and forgive their mistakes. Children may be mad at mom for cheating on dad, but their most natural reaction is to try to keep their parents together, at all costs. Michael's two daughters would be begging their father to take Lesley back, because kids want both parents; that's hardwired into humans. Yes, I know: it's a common LW trope that the kids take the offended partner's side, and break off all communication with the cheater, but it almost never happens in the real world.

Supposedly educated and intelligent business owners and top managers record and place the evidence of their crimes in company computers? I can see a sole proprietor having a major brain fart and doing something that stupid, but multiple managers, managers who knew that this was a potential problem enough that they went to great lengths to keep it confidential, and no one said, "Hey, guys, things can always go wrong. Maybe we shouldn't keep this stuff"?

Lesley was drugged into a stupor, but she still manages to fight Ryan off? That was a plot device so that Michael would eventually find out that His Pussy had never been invaded by another man. Since Lesley had been drugged and date raped, should that one point really make a difference? Was Michael such a wimp that he might not take Lesley back without that plot device? And, with such a lame rape attempt, why would Ryan have put that into the computer? It's not something of which even his sick mind could have been proud.

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 3 years ago
Seemingly could have been better

I have to agree with Lickideesplit on this one. It’s not credible that a legitimate company has so much invested in sexually abusing so many employees and goes to great lengths to document it and store info on company computer. Author is a decent story teller, but please make them remotely believable.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

What a preposterous idiotic plot! This does not deserve any criticism, this idiocy stands on its own.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

I have to say that I have quite an endurance record and I am able to read a lot of silly LW stories even when it becomes apparent that they are nonsense. If it becomes annoying I just skim the pages. But on this particular idiotic story I lost it on page 3, this is really not possible to read for me. I checked the last page and the comments just to make sure there would not be some peculiar turnaround.

Honestly, this is the biggest idiocy I have ever attempted to read in my life. I am not exaggerating as most of you know that many LW stories are unedited and many times contain huge amount of nonsense and BS.

But this one takes the cake, this is so moronic that I really don't know what to think about the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There isn't a single point in this story that is even remotely believable, which makes for a very NON EROTIC story. The wife was obviously assaulted, but no one even considers this? Husband acts like a complete selfish ass, not believable at all. Daughters, hate their mom for being assaulted... NO NOT BELIEVABLE. Company concept is a joke... I couldn't even bother to finish. Author wasted his time.

Prince020402Prince020402almost 3 years ago

I read the first page and stopped as I felt there was no need to invest my time in another 4 pages. The story is based on a completely unbelievable premise - a couple written as soul mates with a trusting relationship and a satisfying sex life would be completely undone in one moment with no consideration of the circumstances or possibilities.

A woman who is very rarely intoxicated, had never given her husband, let alone her parents, in-laws or kids any reason to doubt her trust, behaved uncharacteristically irresponsible (staying our all night with no contact) was found tied up and incoherent. What does the husband do? Immediately disregards her character and their history, snaps pictures and assumes the worst.

It doesn't even occur to him that he has just come upon a crime scene and call the police???? Untie and comfort the nonresponsive love of his life??? Even if she was uncharacteristically blackout drunk, the smell of alcohol would have been ever-present.

Her parents, having raised an otherwise honest daughter did not even give her the benefit of the doubt? Not one person would have suggested to her to take a blood test even if she was too distraught to think of it herself? If I were the husband or her parent, even if I was suspicious of her, that would the first thing I'd think to do to find the beginning of the truth.

Not realistic reactions by anyone involved so decided to pass on the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

How can people excuse a poorly thought out plot with lame excuses such as "you know it's fiction." Readers can generally suspend disbelief if it is necessary, such as the notion of time travel in movies like The Terminator, however if stories lean on such devices the story loses meaning and becomes nothing more than a series of unconnected happenings. Just because a story is fiction doesn't mean it doesn't have to be believable, that's what makes it engaging.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

Suspension of belief is needed in fictional stories. I know this but I also know there needs to be some connection to a rational world. This is so far beyond the pale it's absurd. A number of other commenters have pointed out some of the specifics. I'll just leave it with this, the story line was bereft of even the slightest bit of believability. It was laughable. Sorry author, you missed on this one.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 3 years ago

My previous comment should have read “I hate Greek Tragedies “.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

WTF, Lesley is 40, married 18yrs, never a drunk, and she NEVER EVER played around but her husband Michael threw her away in the snap of his fingers. Then proceeded to burn her to all even though she never ever had done anything like this - ever. Her own mother tossed her under the buss and kept the spineless father from helping. What a FU, fair-weather parents Lesley was raised with. Doreen is a tart that deserves no consideration only contempt.

/

No RAAC possible with that asshole husband/Michael, I just hope Dave got Lesley +++$10M so Lesley can restart her life over with her daughters a real man and away from her shit family. Where is Dave redoing the custody agreements since it was obvious she was under duress initially. Michael is a worthless wimp - he is history having already divorced and abandoned Lesley and killing all TRUST - let him rot with the grief of a coward.

/

4.5*, Hooyah, salutes... stories need some dramatic affects but this went way too far to have any credibility - but hey it is fiction.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

Issue; the story never really ended.... The final law suits outcomes and the girls health were never disclosed.

/

My 4.5* just got dropped to 3*.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - so many errors in the first page it was impossible to read. You need an editor.

abhi_studsabhi_studsalmost 3 years ago

If I were her, more than Ryan, I would have much more profound hate for Michael.. what a piece of shit husband... What a sick excuse of a human being.. also shows the masochist nature of the reader base that such insanely unjust series of events still rates to 4* without anything horrible happening to the garbage husband.. if it was the other way around, and the woman was just left with the guilt instead of anything horrible happening to her, it wouldve def been less than 3.5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have to agree with a couple other respondents here. Michael came across to me as a complete douche bag. His wife never, or rarely ever drank, she didn't flirt with other men, yet he finds her in a hotel room, where she obviously had been used for sex, she is incoherent, unable to focus, and had "marks on her wrists and ankles" indicating that she had been restrained, and he takes pictures, calls her names and runs off to divorce her. Real douche bag. My opinion of her parents is even lower than what I hold for Michael. Only a 2, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I thought this story was very similar to another one I read on here, but it wasn't as detailed as this one (or as long). I find it hard to believe that men would kidnap and sexually abuse a 40 year old married woman, and not keep her for a submissive sex slave after they had their fun with her. Seems odd to video her doing sex acts, only to call/release her to her husband while they could blackmail her into doing more than she'd already done previously.

Looking for a part 2 of this, as it really needs more "for closure".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The husband was an asshole.

RSKY

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingeralmost 3 years ago

Your story can't suspend my disbelief. Naturally, the mother would act as a shelter. The husband being with her for a long time would question everything. Lesley being aware about her character would definitely took further action. The story was so unbelievable. Unfortunately, my OCD prevented me from leaving the story.

I want to put 3 but my finger hit 4. I was very disappointed. I can't change the vote

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

couldn't finish it...

Too damn British. One side of the coin you have the cuck Brits who like to watch, the other side, a cold dispassionate people who only care for how they look to others.

Why would a "mother" go to a nutritionist? Doesn't a mother know how to feed her child or family without a "professional eating liaison"???

Seemingly ridiculous overall, but nice to read a happy ending of people who do care about fidelity.

Smokpole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

When I read a story, I would like to believe that the characters might behave in reality as they are depicted, but I can't make that leap of faith for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

PLEASE FINISH THIS story!!!!!!###

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
Too much stupidity

and stupid decisions

Flar1958Flar1958almost 3 years ago
You all rand about the MC's

But it is the Authors doing! He is responsibly to their actions.

Ok it's not real and Micheal is an asshole to do so after he stated "love of live". And in me country you go to prison for it's called

Failure to provide assistance

because there is the possibility she has died on the drug.

You always write about real men ,here is the time to be a REAL man. A real man looks after his loved ones and not runs away.

And no i prefer no reconcilings this ship is sailed. Maybe coparents but not more, after he shows his flaggs. But women are other as man more forgiven. It's OK to have an open end.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNylonDreams@NylonDreams
Retired, prefer sensual rather than violent sex stories. Love lingerie and stockings.