It's All About Faith Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It would help. I'll think about it and decide in the morning."

Mitch moved close to Layla and kissed her before he said, "You know we should probably do something to pass the time so we don't get up too early."

"What did you have in mind?" As he smiled and moved to remove her nightie she whispered, "Turn off the light, honey." He kicked off his pajama bottoms and then turned off the light and rejoined his wife in bed. As she reached between his legs she said, "Oh my God, honey, you really are ready. It would seem that those half naked women did have an effect on you."

"That's for you, honey."

"I know, but I think you had a little extra help this time lover." They made love their usual way, but this time both of them seemed to be on fire and ended up destroying the bed by the time they were satisfied and had to remake it before they could go to sleep.

In the morning as she stirred, they smiled at each other as she said, "I can't believe that we slept naked. I didn't even put my nightie back on."

"I noticed."

Chapter Four

They got ready to face the day and then Layla put her arms around her husband. "You were quite the lover last night."

"So were you. I'd say we're a near perfect match in fact."

"Near perfect?"

"There's always room for improvement honey."

"My journalism professor used to say the same thing."

"For the same reason?"

She smiled and said, "Of course not, honey."

They walked up to Ma's Kitchen and had a good breakfast and lingered over an extra cup of coffee. They still had time to kill before the stores would even be open. After breakfast, they took their time walking back to their motel room. Then, Layla spent a little while with her laptop making notes about her next three part series and Mitch lay on the bed and read. When she closed her computer Mitch asked her, "Well honey, have you decided about the toy store?"

She gave him a weak smile and said, "No. I think you're right in that one of the problems I had with the first three part series, was I didn't do my research. I guess what I'm saying is, I know this would be a good opportunity for me, but I don't know if I can go through with it."

"Well, I'll just go in there and see what it's like and then we can talk about it again."

"Okay, let's do it that way." It was ten o'clock, so they locked their room door and walked up the street together. The first antique store sign simply said Antiques.

As they went in the little bell on the door rang and a younger looking woman came out and said, "May I help you find something?"

"Thank you no; we're just going to look if you don't mind."

"Of course not, and if you need help just sing out, I won't be far away." To help time pass, they studied almost every item they saw whether or not they had any real interest in it. They managed to use up quite a bit of time, but in the end they told the young woman thanks and that they might be back. They then headed toward the second antique store across the street. They went past the adult toy store to get to it. The two of them glanced at it and then looked at each other but said nothing as they walked on by. When they got to the store, it was a little confusing because there were two doors where the store sign was.

"This is weird," Mitch said.

"We've used those words a lot since getting here." They chose a door and went in. The door closed quietly and they stood there. It obviously wasn't the antique store, but there were seven people around a table talking and they weren't even aware Mitch and Layla were even there so their conversation had continued.

"So are we ready to vote on the exhibition issue? He paused and said, "Seven yeas so it passes. So we have to work out the details about relaxing our rules governing exhibitionism. Now what about our idea for our own Fantasy Fest type celebration? We talked about that the last time."

"Yes," said the diminutive looking woman. "I think we should do something like that without those silly body painters. We'll do our own thing. Say about the end of July or in August before the farmers start bringing in their crops."

"I like that," said the youngest man there and then he smiled and added, "We can bring in our own crops during that celebration," and they all laughed. They laughed so hard they turned their heads just in time to see Mitch and Layla retreat to the street and go in the other door to the antique store.

"Layla, did you hear what they were talking about?"

"I can't believe it. It was like a town council or something and they were discussing rules governing social behavior, or rather, relaxing the rules a lot from the sounds of it."

"And the Fantasy Fest thing."

"What is that?"

"It's held in Key West in November or December. It gets pretty drunk for days and women parade all over the place very nearly naked. In fact, all they have on their bodies sometimes is a tiny stick on patch between their legs and latex paint." Layla stopped and just looked at him.

Then looking around she said, "We better talk about that in our room and I really do need to do more research."

Once again they took their time and shopped every bit as hard as they had the first store and even bought a couple of things. They were doing a pretty good job of burning up the day. Next was lunch at Ma's Kitchen and more conversation over iced tea. "You two enjoying your stay," Grace asked them.

"We really are. The longer we're here, the more we see what you have here. It's quite a surprising village."

"We think so too. It's a big town masked to look like a little village is what I say."

"That's a perfect way to put it, Grace."

"Have you been to the boutiques yet?"

"No, but we plan to visit them after lunch. Got any suggestions?"

"Just spend time at both of them, and if you think of something and don't see it just ask, because sometimes they have it, but don't have room to display it."

"Thanks, we'll remember that. Everything in town seems to come in pairs. The restaurants, the boutiques, the antique stores..."

"Oh no, there's only one hardware story and motel and...well, there's Jim's toy shop too of course."

For some reason, Layla was almost shocked that Grace would even mention an adult toy store. "Grace, have you ever been in that store?" Layla couldn't even believe she had asked that question. It must have been her journalist side that said that.

"Of course I have. I doubt there's a person in town, man or woman, that hasn't been in there on occasion, if nothing more than to have a cup of coffee with Jim or Delia, his wife. Stop in and tell them Grace sent you to them."

"Maybe we'll do that." Now Layla felt like she really should go in there. If the whole town had been in the store there was no excuse for her not to go in.

As they left the restaurant Mitch said, "Are you really going to go into the toy store?"

"I am. I have to now, I mean I'll feel like such a chicken if I don't, and like you said, I need to do that for my work. But let's look at the boutiques first."

"Need more time to screw up your courage?"

"Probably, but I'm curious to see what they sell after seeing those women last night.

Chapter Five

They went into the first boutique and stood there surveying the contents. "Can I help you," the voice asked? Mitch turned around and realized she was one of them he saw last night in high heels and impossibly short shorts.

"Oh...uh...just looking I guess, right honey?"

"Yes, just looking right now." They stayed close together and whispered back and forth as they looked at more typical and even nice slacks and tops. Layla was hooked, and all Mitch could do was go along with her now. They worked their way around and Layla already had a couple of things to try on. Then they came to the shelf of very short shorts. Mitch was a little restless so he pulled out her size and said, "Here's your size, honey."

She looked at him and smiled as she said, "Like I'd wear those in public; at home maybe, but not in public."

"I know, get them and wear them when you write your article. You know, mentally and physically get into the project." She looked at him smiling at her, so she knew he was teasing her so to get back at him she took them and said, "I'll just try them on then," and calmly moved to the next rack. They were about halfway to the back of the store when Mitch stopped. As Layla looked at some article of clothing, Mitch was watching a woman strip to her bra and panties and slip on something from the store.

He nudged Layla and whispered to her, "Look back and to the right. Over near the corner."

She saw the woman looking at herself in a mirror so she said, "What about it? The woman is just looking at herself."

"Yeah, well, I was looking at her a minute ago and she was in her bra and panties. That nice comfortable looking area with the coffee table and carpet is the dressing area." Layla was frozen in place as she again stared at the woman.

"No honey, you must be mistaken." Then the woman undressed again and once again stood there in her bra and panties. "Oh my God." The woman calmly put her clothes back on and went to the checkout counter.

"Ma'am, I'll hold those for you to try on when you're ready," and before Layla could form a word, the woman took her selections and walked back to the dressing area.

"Mitch, what the hell am I going to do?"

"Go try things on now while the store is empty."

"But what if somebody else comes in?"

"If they do, it will almost certainly be a woman."

"Oh yeah? You're in here."

"Oh. Well, hurry is all I can say. Nobody seems to care or even pay any attention anyway."

"You sure as hell did."

"Go on and hurry, honey." He couldn't believe any of what he'd seen or what Layla was about to do. But he wasn't too shocked to remember his useless cell phone. He made his way back to where Layla was about to strip to her bra and panties and he watched her, but tried not to stare. He had to keep reminding himself, that she was his wife and there was no reason for him to care or pay any attention, but it wasn't working that way. As soon as she was undressed, he grabbed a few shots of her while she wasn't looking. She slipped on the very short shorts and stood there looking at herself in her bra and shorts.

"Damn, you look hot," Mitch said much louder than he had intended. That hadn't been for her ears, but she heard him easily and turned toward him just as he took her photo again.

"I agree with him," the sales clerk said. "Those fit you perfectly. I have another style you should try on while you're at it. You have the perfect figure, but you'd look even better if you had heels on. Not six inch ones because of your height, but nice thin heels would really flatter you." Layla just stood there so the clerk came back and handed her another pair of shorts. "Try those on and let's see how you look." While Mitch and the clerk stared at her, she numbly stripped to her panties again and slipped on the other shorts. "Oh yes, now that's every bit as sexy as the other ones" the clerk continued. "If it were me I wouldn't be able to decide which ones."

"She'll take both of them," Mitch told her, and just smiled at Layla. "Try on one of those tops, honey," he urged.

"Ma'am, those tops are designed to be worn without a bra."

"They...without a bra?"

"Try it and you'll see. They are so very comfortable like that. I have two of them myself." Layla looked at Mitch for help and strength, but he just smiled and nodded his head in approval. His head was spinning and after seeing his wife in those shorts, he wanted to see what she would look like in one of those tops. It was almost funny when Layla turned her back and took off her bra and put the top on. She turned and looked at Mitch and she saw him stare at her like he had never seen her before.

"Holy shit."

"Mitch."

"Sorry honey, but...look in the mirror."

The clerk was right there with her and said, "I wish you could be here to model these things for us. You have the body that these garments were designed for.

Mitch was coming apart at the seams now. Looking at the clerk he said, "I saw you in one of those tops last night and I thought you looked very nice."

"Thank you very much, I'm surprised you even remember." Mitch wasn't surprised at all. He had tried so hard to see those women as sluts or not far from that, but here he was remembering her in that top and felt a flash of lust before looking back at Layla again. "Damn honey, you really do look good."

"I can't...you mean you really like how I look?"

"Well it wouldn't be appropriate for everywhere, but as you stand there, I have to say, wow!"

"Ma'am," the clerk continued. "Would you be willing to try on a few other things that we have. I'd just love to see you in them because you would be stunning."

Layla looked at Mitch and he just smiled and shrugged his shoulders. He was having a great time now and he just hoped his phone had enough memory to last until they were done shopping.

They went through short skirts, with and without splits, and longer skirts with very long splits, blouses, with deep plunging necklines and on and on. By the time they were done, Layla had a pile of clothes that she was buying, Mitch had an erection that the clerk had made a point of checking out, and even Layla had seen the clerk eyeing her husband's cock. Layla was almost trembling with a flood of mixed emotions. She could never wear any of those things in front of their friends, and certainly not in town, but she still wanted them. She'd just have to figure out later why she wanted them and what she'd do with them.

Chapter Six

They stood outside for a minute while Layla tried to get control of herself. "Mitch, you...you had a total erection in there and that clerk was really checking you out."

"I'm sorry honey, it's just that...well looking at you in those clothes, well, and out of them too."

"Oh my God, you've seen me naked how many times."

"I know, but I couldn't help it."

"Well, you certainly had her attention."

"And you certainly had mine, honey." She smiled and drank in the flattery.

They went on to the other boutique and followed a similar routine, and once again saw the open dressing area at the back. They looked at each other, but the dressing area issue didn't stop Layla from shopping. She'd survived it at the other store so she knew she could do it again.

She found a couple more blouses in a different style, and again they were meant to be worn without a bra. The clerk explained, "You can wear a bra under them of course, but it spoils the lines and utterly ruins the sensual look that they were designed to give." Layla didn't fight it and was soon naked to the waist and slipped on the top. "Oh yes, very nice miss. Let me help you with the collar now," and the clerk stepped right in front of her and fussed with the collar and then down to the buttons. "Wait; let me fix this trim a little," and Layla felt the clerk's hands all over her breasts. "No," she told herself, "It's just a woman doing her job and it's no big deal." Mitch had another erection and he had to swallow to keep from drooling on himself.

As the clerk and Layla worked on other garments, Mitch discovered that a man had entered the store with his woman and was watching Layla as she stripped to the waist and tried on other things. Then to her panties to try on more shorts, all while the guy with slight graying at the temples stared at her in open appreciation. It was while Layla was in just her panties that she saw the man looking at her. Mitch could feel her fear and frustration. Where could she go? She was totally exposed to him and there was nothing she could do. She was done trying on clothes, but she was so petrified that she couldn't figure out that all she had to do was put her own clothes back on. Mitch was moving toward her when she collected herself and quickly dressed. Mitch went over to her and whispered, "Catch your breath honey, while I pay for these things."

When Mitch went back to her, she had composed herself enough to stand straight and walk out next to him, but as soon as they were outside she leaned against the wall and whispered, "Oh my God, I can't believe this. Why in the world didn't you say something?"

"I didn't know he was there until it was far too late. By then, he'd watched you for I don't know how long while his wife shopped, oblivious to the fact that her husband was staring at you."

"I don't think the people in this town care about anything like that. Oh God honey, I'm going to need to sit down and catch my breath."

"Hello," came the voice from behind them. Layla jumped and grabbed Mitch's arm. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. Are you okay?"

Layla drew a deep breath and nodded her head. "Good. I'm Hank Witherspoon. I'm the mayor of Discovery, but they call me the guide rather than the mayor. The council seems partial to the term guide."

Mitch collected his manners and said, "We're Layla and Mitch Chandler, nice to meet you."

"Call me Hank, about everybody does. I'd like to buy you two a cup of coffee or a drink and tell you a little about our town. I'm sure that by now, you are at least a little curious about us."

Mitch smiled and said, "I guess we are at that and I know Layla could use a drink."

"Then it's off to Ethel's with us," and Hank kept things superficial talking about the shopping or the weather. They went into Ethel's and sat at the corner table where Mitch and Layla had sat before.

Ethel herself came over and said, "Well hello Hank, what can I get for you three?"

"A strong mixed drink Ethel, and I don't care what it is,"

Layla said. "I really need that right now." Ethel smiled and Mitch and Hank ordered a couple of drafts.

"Okay then," Hank said, "Where to begin. I apologize for the phones not working. They'll be back in service in another week or two but that won't help you I'm afraid. You see, Discovery accepts no funds from the state or federal government. We are self sufficient. That way, we don't have to deal with the red tape and out of town officials coming in here and telling us how to run our town. We don't need or want their help. Okay, so that's out of the way," and he didn't get much farther before the drinks came. Layla took a big drink without even asking what it was.

"Okay," Hank continued, "Since I know that you two walked around town last night, you noticed that we live a little different lifestyle than other towns you've been to. We like our town and we work very hard to keep it as it is. It's clean and safe, and people are happy and have no desire to leave for the most part. You see, we have a small organization. A business if you will. All very legal and I dare say, we contribute to society and at the same time contribute to our coffers and our way of life. It all balances out very nicely in the end." He pointed to a man walking down the street and said, "See that man? He made a video of his wife while she was naked and...entertaining herself. Not so bad you say and you'd be right. But he took it upon himself to send it to about every erotic website he could find. Needless to say that caused problems. He didn't suffer from remorse so that tells us that he needs some societal retraining. To save his marriage he has paid us a sum of money and we're going to see that he gets some sensitivity training. Of course in the process, certain members of this community will also benefit in indirect ways too. So we end up with some entertainment and cash, and he'll end up a better man, or we hope so at least."

Mitch was still trying to get a grasp on what Hank was telling them, but as he understood it, he was impressed by their unique way to survive. Hank drank about a third of his beer and said, "Then there's the couple that seduced their neighbor and ruined a marriage in the process. So they are here for training, and the woman of the broken marriage is here as well so we can help her get past the trauma of the divorce and learn to once again enjoy all that life has to offer. Again, the village benefits from it in different ways and the visitor will be helped. It's such a sweet symbiotic arrangement actually. But we have a lifestyle here that is a fragile one so we must always be vigilant and protect it. On top of what I've described, we get the occasional visitor like you two. Now that is more the exception than the rule, because we don't want too many people tromping in here and spoiling everything for us. That too can have its surprises, however, but there again we have to watch the balance."