It's Good to be Neighborly Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think we need to discuss what is going on between us." I said trying to be matter of fact.

"What do you think is happening between us?" she asked.

"I'm not exactly sure." I admitted. "But I do know I'm starting to like you more each time I'm with you. And I'm not just talking about the sex. While that's been great, I don't want this to be a quick fling or a friends with benefits thing. I want a real relationship.

She smiled and started to laugh and I quickly felt disappointment hit me. In that second, I thought it was all just a game to her, just a quick fling before moving on to the next guy. That I was just there for convince since I was her neighbor. At that point I stopped eating.

She must have seen the sadness in my face because she asked, "Why so down all of a sudden?"

At that point I couldn't even muster the energy to get mad I just said dully, "I just thought there was more between us that's all."

With that she put her fork down and smiled at me again before saying, "You silly silly man. I wasn't laughing at the fact that you want more. I was laughing at the fact that you thought I didn't. Do you really think I would still be here if this were just a fling? Or that I would be cooking for you? I've had a crush on you since I moved in last year. All those times I called you to help me I probably could have done myself or gotten the landlord or my brother to do for me, but I wanted an excuse to see you. Even yesterday my brother offered to help me move all that stuff out, but I told him you were going to do it. He figured out what I was up to and wished me luck."

Now I really felt like an idiot. She had been after me all this time and I was too dense to pick up on it. All I could do at that point was mutter, "I'm sorry."

She then got up and moved her chair around the table beside me. She then put her finger on my chin and turned my face towards her. "It's ok. You're clearly a very sensitive and sensible man. You want something real that will last. I'll admit I've had my share of flings, but those days are behind me. I want something real too, and I want it with you."

I went from feeling deflated inside to feeling elated in those few seconds. All I could say in response though was, "I told you I was an idiot."

She grinned at me and said, "Yes but you're a loveable idiot and now you're mine. Now finish your dinner." she added pushing my plate back to me.

We finished our dinner and cleaned up the dishes in companionable silence. We ended up watching a movie cuddled together on the sofa before unfortunately having to end it since we both had to be at work the next morning.

As I walked her to the door, she turned to me and said, "I had a really good time."

I pulled my arms around her and kissed her before saying, "I did to."

She was almost out the door before she turned to me with a smirk on her face and saying, "Don't have too much fun without me." while moving her hand in a jacking motion again and closing the door behind her.

I was shocked at her last second tease but also quite amused by it. I had no idea what was in store for us going down the road but at that point I figured as long as she was willing to go with me it would all be good.

12