All Comments on 'It's Just a Number'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 233 Comments
secretsalsecretsal9 months ago

Ah come on, your standards are better than this. Written too many good stories to be posting something that feels like it was put together by ChatGPT channeling the standard LW tropes. Would be an ok story for someone trying their hand at this for the first time, but that's about it.

Bri29Bri299 months ago

I enjoyed this story it was well put together and didn’t drag on like some others of the same material do.Shelby was a real piece of work, in the real world having children and marriage should eliminate the urge of extra marital adventures. Shelby being a total self centred slut just didn’t have those morals ,I was reading about her exploits behind her boyfriends back even before married life and just thinking wow…👍4⭐️

remb95remb959 months ago

This guy is the real deal,none of that wimpy stuff going on here. 5

MedicalpeteMedicalpete9 months ago

She got what she deserved, not what she expected or wanted! Good justice story! Thanks, I enjoyed it

blackrandl1958blackrandl19589 months ago

Ah, another little gem from Mr. 1957. Thank you, sir. Randi.

CagivagurlCagivagurl9 months ago

Interesting tale. It shows life can be full of twists and turns.

Well written as always,

5 stars

Cagivagurl

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

An entertaining read — just what I needed to restore my karmic equilibrium after having to work this weekend. Thanks!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Good one! Loved the last line.

5

francemanfranceman9 months ago

Bravo, here we have a derivation of tasting forbidden fruit.

That damn apple.

Here's the question: once she's tasted illicit encounters or better lovers, can she deprive herself of them for the rest of her life?

HargaHarga9 months ago

Only gave it 4*. He should be cooling his heals in the county pokie for Assault. Justified, or not, he did it in the lobby of a hotel with plenty of witnesses and surveillance. He got away with it once, but twice.

ReedRichardsReedRichards9 months ago

I still miss Traci.

littleone35littleone359 months ago

So true even to the very end. She should be very happy.

RePhilRePhil9 months ago

Always well written 5&FAV

CindyTVCindyTV9 months ago

5 Stars, another great story. Thank You - CindyTV

schulz777schulz7779 months ago

Sorry. Not your best story. All characters are kind of one dimensional. You should come up with something new. After all I like most of your stories.

3starrs

70slowhands70slowhands9 months ago

Great story. I hope there will be another chapter. I gave it 5 stars.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle669 months ago

It's a typical perfect husband and cheating slut wife, with the husband showing how tough he is by beating her lovers, then divorcing her. Her life turns to shit, as the majority of the Loving Wives readers think appropriate.

miket0422miket04229 months ago

Almost felt like a JPB story.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBF9 months ago

When somebody shows you who they are, believe them. He should have learned his lesson freshman year of high school.

irinmikeirinmike9 months ago

Tom boy grows a pair of knockers and off she goes. Boy friend of yester year loves her to the point of continual forgiveness. Kind of a story in a rut of cliches don't you think. Decent read but run of the mill story.

Sons_LoveSons_Love9 months ago

Not sure why all the negative comments. For whatever reason some folks just want to put others down for taking their own time to write for others enjoyment... I for one enjoyed the story.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

I liked it. The comment about the old age home alone was worth the read!

stev2244stev22449 months ago

Good stuff once again, easy 5*

Cracker270Cracker2709 months ago

Enjoyed that one. Thanks

Karn9Karn99 months ago

Great story nice twists, 5*

JRandyJJRandyJ9 months ago

Didn't like the ending at first, but I see you or maybe FTDS could add more later. 4*

enderlocke77enderlocke779 months ago

Oh man to bad she didn't get smart in collage. Her collage life should have taught her that she would have been a lot happier being a porn star. Both their lives would have been better if they had grown apart in collage and went their separate ways like what usually happens

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

I enjoyed this. Everybody got what they deserved. I wondered if they managed to save both of Dr Dickhead's testicles.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter9 months ago

He gave her every chance and she screw up every one of them. Good true-to-life story. I loved the man of action sequences. I have zero respect for a man who sleeps with a married woman. An easy 5 stars.

WetheNorthWetheNorth9 months ago

You kept it interesting

someoneothersomeoneother9 months ago

Good story, but Railean seems a bit contrived. "Statuesque blondes" do not generally hang around free for ten years after their divorce unless there is some issue there, and they don't call for a date out of the blue. So you have a realistic story with a rather unrealistic ending.

SunnyU2SunnyU29 months ago

Same ole same. Predictable

oldguy1oldguy19 months ago

needs an ending

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

1957, a very good year!

PowersworderPowersworder9 months ago

It's sad how self-destructive pretty girls can be.

Shelby ruined her ability to faithfully pair bond by being a debauched slut at college. Jordan was a fool to marry her, but most guys are very naive about female nature.

Good story, although it was hard to believe that Jordy ended up with a woman 3 years older, when he'd been dating girls a decade younger.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent as always from this author. I particularly liked that he got all the back story out of the way at the beginning instead of disrupting the flow of the story by interrupting it to drop it in at a crucial point in the action as so many other authors do. One thing puzzled me, though; why was there any need for a DNA test to determine the paternity of Shelby's baby? The divorce was almost a done deal by the time the pregnancy came to light, so surely it could only have been Dr Dickhead's, otherwise that would have to mean that Jordy was still having it off with his soon to be ex wife which is not a very likely scenario. I get that it would be necessary for legal reasons but Jordy and Shelby talked to each other during this period as if there was an element of doubt in the matter. Still, five stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great to see the kids react well

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu9 months ago

Good for the MC.

Well written as usual @Hooked1957.

A worthwhile read.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice, but nothing new.

Shelly suddenly becomes the university slut.

Besides the fact that she's surely met better lovers, being either more experienced or taller or fatter or more enduring than her lover, the context of extra-couple sex involves excitement, novelty, the pleasure of keeping secrets, the pleasure of going behind his back.......

How can you deny yourself these pleasure packages for life once you've had a taste of them?

Frankly, I would have seen her become unfaithful much earlier and much more often.

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

And not a single cliche was missed in the execution of this story.

Silliest line in all this… ‘Jordan wasn’t a stupid man’. Really? Could have fooled me.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle9 months ago

Nope. Hubby should be in prison for assault and battery. Then sued into oblivion.

If Shelby was wrong for acting immoral, then he should be equally punished for breaking the law.

As it stands, it’s just bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Kept waiting for it to be different to a thousand other stories....... in vain.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

After she'd been fucking around again you wrote something along the lines of, "Jordy was not a stupid man." I disagree. I think the MC was incredibly stupid to think this skank slut would ever come close to being faithful. He was more than a fool for marrying her. Otherwise, another great story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry. Not one of your fan club for this story, although I usually enjoy your tales. Three stars.

JPB

Lowrider2020Lowrider20209 months ago

She never figured out that using her pussy like a clown car was not a good idea?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Your MC is as much a cuck as a JustPlainBob protagonist. In fact, this pretty much read like a JPB story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A cautionary tale for the "empowered" feminists of today. In 30 years there will certainly be a glut of cat ladies.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yet another plug-and-play story that'll be forgotten by this time tomorrow.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked the story but what I don't gets the reaction to the old slut sleeping around. So what? She is an adult and it was proven she loves sex just for the sex. So if she gets a free night out with drinks and a dinner and all the sex she wants I guess she is living the life she loves. I mean Dr Dickhead has the expenses covered for the child until 18 plus college! All she needs is some cash for herself which isn't much.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it. It moved right along and didn't involve a 20 year revenge plot, utilizing half the military.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy599 months ago

This is a superbly crafted tale with excellent backstory and character development. Shelby is a sex addict who suffers from narcissistic self-absorption. She doesn't deserve Jordan, and she got her just reward. You are weaving an excellent multi-chapter story. Please continue. I love what you gave us here.

All the best,

Dave

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The biggest problem I have: after her running around on him in college ("It's only sex"), after finding her with the guy in the hotel room, he should've either straight out divorced her or lived in the same house but separate bedrooms. Period. I mean, he'd be paying for the child expenses & the house anyway, unless the adultery charge on the divorce gave him the better "deal". 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ok story. Nothing special .also many similar stories in this loving wives category!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yes durex66 as people who don’t care about others; appropriate is a term that could be used quite adequately for this I’d think🤭

Hiram325Hiram3259 months ago

Five star story.

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

Great story

4/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another reason Hooked is on my "must read" list...and this clueless Slut was NOT named Tracy!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry, but this story has one of the highest CPS (cliches per second) ratings I’ve seen in recent months. And “Steve Garrett”? Really? The name of the hero in Hawaii Five O? That’s just sad.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol9 months ago

A good solid story! Thank you!

I enjoyed the evolution of Jordan, from accepting as a kid, to a hard-liner by his late 40's.

Shelby's rationale for cheating is common, and obviously came into conflict with Jordan's personality.

-

Be well!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

"Regardless of what she had agreed to with Jordan" - I thought she agree no more Steve, not that she'd be celibate.

\

"what Jordan didn't know wasn't going to hurt him, as it hadn't during their college years" - Except that he DID know during their college years, in general if not in detail, and was done by agreement. There's no agreement now.

\

"Until that moment, she didn't believe Jordan had a clue about her sexual activities in college." - How can she think that? True, he didn't know the numbers, but they agreed to fucking others while at college, so why wouldn't he think that she was doing it? Then there was the incident with Steve.

\

"You got plenty of strange before we married." - Yes, that blows the cheater's "You're the only man I've ever been with" excuse out of the water.

\

"I'm not doing this to rub anything in your ex-wife's face, Jordy." - SHE might not want to, but he shouldn't mind.

\

"something she wasn't comfortable with Jordan finding out" - Why not? It's not like she's going to get him back. Besides, while the number might set him back, the issue was never her sex life at college, except for Steve.

\

"How could you, Rai?" - Heh, how could SHE? She's the reason he's her ex-husband!

\

Felt just a BIT cut off. Maybe that last conversation should have been between is daughter and his ex.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Beautiful Woman Syndrome strikes again. Statistics say that people with high body counts are more likely to cheat. Variety is fun and if their morals don't mind, it's likely to happen. Stories like this rarely mention STIs.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To me a lot of your stories do not have real emotional connections and written without vivid descriptions and this is another example. You have writing skills but they do not always show. Suggest an editor or at least someone that will challenge you to become better. Good luck.

KaeyoKaeyo9 months ago

“Slut of the Golden Age Rest Home”. Clever, very clever.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I was looking for an erotic story; not a soap opera show. Totally not interested!

silentsoundsilentsound9 months ago

This was entertaining but Shelby was such a piece of shit after being such a cool kid.

Jordan was also an idiot for even going near the swamp crotch during college and especially after he knew about her getting railed by Steve.

Mostly entertaining but Shelby was too far over the top for the plot to be very interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not your best story. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I just can't believe how stupid these characters are, Typical for stories now.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story. Difficult to be original in this type of tales, but it was well-written and entertaining. Thanks for the story.

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months ago

Wow, Shelby was a real piece of work! A 5* story about a real piece of work and her ex-husband who took charge.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades9 months ago

Great Story, really enjoyed it. Thanks for your writing.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 months ago

This should be in the non-erotic category

That said, this was a sad and tragic story about a wife hit by the Martian slut ray. rendered stupid and unable to control herself and losing her husband and life over sexual variety.

The story ended too abruptly, robbing the reader of proper resolution and consequences. hopefully you can put out an epilogue to properly finish the story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Always a great story teller but not sure where you left us? (I always want more - LOL!) 4.4*

cyendreycyendrey9 months ago

A great story, I came close to giving it 5 stars. But…

The ending was abrupt and seems forced rather than finished. Shelly lost everything of importance in her life with the exception of her illegitimate child. Maybe she really is that narcissistic sociopath we read about. However, it seems that she should have some self awareness at this point to realize the damage she has done and is doing, and make some effort to change her course.

That even her children are finding her continuing behavior concerning seems to indicate it is drifting toward something more openly self destructive.

In short, there is a “rest of story” to be told.

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

Another revenge story. Ho hum! Yes she was a slut throughout college, but Jordan knew that. Her extramarital affairs' were to be expected and his surprise shows sheer stupidity on his part. If he was so clever he would have worked out a deal with her to satisfy her lust and keep himself somewhat sane. Punishing her in her later life was the usual excessive revenge pattern so common in this genre. At `3* I was being generous.

Avalon101Avalon1019 months ago

Another great story, i loved it.

Freddog6601Freddog66019 months ago

Sorta average story. Sweethearts go to different schools, girl boinks a large swath of the male population comes home and marries childhood sweetheart. After awhile, the wild furry thing goes on a rampage. Same old same old just different titles on the story.

clarkgarbleclarkgarble9 months ago

What happened to the rest of the story? It effectively stopped in mid-sentence.

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus01989 months ago

Women always seem to have a problem when guys have standards, and get really pissed off when they are held accountable for their own actions.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

If Sheiby was a motorcycle, she'd be a WHORELY-DAVIDSON. Seeing as everybody rode her for fun, she could be called SPORTSTER. Just sayin'...

Sumnut96Sumnut969 months ago

The Slut of the Golden Age Rest Home..... LOVE that line. HILARIOUS! 5 stars for another well crafted tale. Thanks Hooked. DMW aka

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff9 months ago

Oh, my God. A very well done tale about a cheating 'nafka' Kudos to Jordy for finding love while the nafka only found 1 night stands. Many 1 night stands. Sorry that I can only give this 5 *.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A little too much by the numbers

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Maybe the most unbelievable factoid in tne story was when it was claimed that the Slut gave Jordan her virginity at age 18 😎

.

Why Jordan ever married this sociopath is a mystery. Why he didn’t dump her after Raphael is a mystery. What he wasted lots of $$$ on a PI “regularly” after Raphael is a mystery. At least he dumped her….finally.

.

Story suffers a bit by not having ANY sense of what their family life was like. Hell, they had 3 kids. Would have been a plus to have gotten their take on things more than provided.

.

This is a perfect example of a story hovering between “average” and “like it” — 3 and 4. Based on the happy ending for Jordan….

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Familiar plot , nothing new .

Young sweethearts , separated for college , he is not happy that she will be dating other boys , she becomes a shut !! . But he still believes that she is the one for him . Sadly , he's not the only one for her .

A well written and easy to follow story , and quite entertaining too .

Did enjoy thar bit where Jordan was expected to buy 4 new tyres . Working out how much was owed for the time spent with his wife was a great riposte .

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

He should have unassed her long before he did. Still a 5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

something felt off about the entire story, but I enjoyed it. 4*

RzcanuckRzcanuck9 months ago

Overall a good story. The continual torture of the main character for two thirds was a bit much. The author made him too much of a wimp for that portion. That hurt the story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Stories like this don't work for me. When I read a story, I like to immerse myself in it. With a story like this, it is hard to do so because the MC is an idiot. Who wants to immerse themselves in a story if it requires them to become an idiot?

You're not alone, as I've read several stories on here where the main character is an idiot who overlooks his girlfriend's infidelity and disrespect, only to be surprised when his wife cheats and disrespects him. It's beyond foreshadowing, it's just plain idiocy.

The next problem is that Jordan made it very clear to Shelby that he was okay with her fucking others and disrespecting him, so why would she expect anything different once they were married? Marriage does not make you a different person, as her continued desire to fuck around clearly shows.

-

In other words, this is a story of a woman who was consistent throughout her life and a man who wasn't.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c19 months ago

Never marry a woman with a high body count. No chance of success in the marriage.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Please use some tags..... you have written much better than this.

JamieCTaylorJamieCTaylor9 months ago

Is that how you ended it? Seems to be missing the last several paragraphs.

szewcowszewcow9 months ago

There are women who simply cannot be faithful

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight9 months ago

It's always good to see a new story from Hooked. The reader knows the wife is going to be up to no good and we read to see how the husband handles the situation. Well done.

straightshooter1958straightshooter19589 months ago

Ending a little weak. Living well the best and most realistic revenge.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed9 months ago

I have read enough of your stories that you start with a 5 until something knocks it down to, in this case, a 4. The family is a blind spot until the point of the kids being old enough to handle divorce and yet they are all in dad’s camp? This is too unrealistic to accept as is the doctor not filing assault charges and a civil suit. Jordan’s second marriage to his ex-wife’s boss is pure vengeance; it is just a way to get back at Shelby. This is humorous, but jumping from what he had been dating to someone off the market for 10 years is a stretch, especially when Jordan seems the type to ask if she had ever known of Shelby’s cheating after working together for many years.

Tootight1Tootight19 months ago

I have it a 4, but it was a nice read, a bit predictable, but ok. Sounded like the situation most guys go through. Even if the outcome had been a bit different, it would have been the same. Thanks for the effort, a nice read.

Martyr2002Martyr20029 months ago

Cool story, another good one from you. It ended rather abruptly with a your punchline and I’d hoped you’d have written just a couple more paragraphs.

dgfergiedgfergie9 months ago

not much to say, she slipped and fell onto a bunch of dicks, it was just sex, but she only loves him. Sorry.

JusteenKJusteenK9 months ago

Any sane guy would not have married her in the first place. He knew she would cheat so he hired investigators but married her anyway.

Bizarre train of thought to come up with that as a plan.

dwbdazdwbdaz9 months ago

You can’t turn a hoe into a housewife. High body counts area huge red flag.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous