It's Just Sex Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His smile broadened showing a perfect set of white teeth as he turned to the woman next to him.

"And this is my wife Deanna."

"It's lovely to finally meet you Taylor. Selwyn is so looking forward to Jon joining the business." The blonde stood up and lightly kissed my cheek, "I do hope we can become good friends."

With the formal greetings over we sat down to an excellent meal, all paid for out of expenses, and I found myself enjoying the company of Selwyn and his wife, although I have to admit my attention was mainly focused on him.

It was obvious from the way he skilfully directed the conversation that he was used to being in charge but he did it without making you feel inferior or subordinate.

Both he and his wife were totally open and honest in answering my questions, outlining the corporations plans for the future and detailing exactly where they thought Jon, and I, would fit in.

Being part of the senior management team with a salary almost double what he was currently earning would mean a lot of hard work and long hours for him but I could immediately see the benefits. Of course, we needed to discuss it but the financial rewards seemed too good to be true.

He would be earning enough for both of us and it would mean that we would finally be able to discuss the possibility of starting a family.

When it came time to leave Selwyn kissed my cheek, holding me for a little longer than was appropriate and, once again, I felt a small unbidden ripple of arousal filter through me.

I let myself reflect on it on the way home, eventually pushing it out of my mind as just a purely physical reaction. I loved my husband and, despite the downturn in our sex life, I certainly wasn't looking for an affair.

There were a couple more meetings; one for Jon to spend time with the other members of the management team he would be working with and another where I was invited along with all the wives but then, after those, the deal was finalised.

From the moment he started Jon found himself overwhelmed with the requirements of the job; taking on board the extended hours he had to work as well as the various business trips that were a necessary part of his role.

However, Selwyn was an excellent mentor and was always there to help and guide him, offering advice and reassurance when necessary.

For my part I had little option but to accept the obligations imposed on my husband and, despite being a little unhappy with the amount of time we spent apart, I tried to support him as much as I could.

As a result of his increased salary, we were more than comfortable and within just a few months of him starting we had purchased a very nice upmarket, two-bedroom flat, on the outskirts of town.

I could easily have given up work at that point but, being left alone for long periods while he was travelling, I needed something to keep me occupied.

It had all meant that, while our marriage was financially stable, our relationship was suffering.

Jon was always stressed and frequently came home late and too tired for sex.

Week-ends weren't much better. He often had work to finish at home and our lives seemed to be on a work/eat/sleep treadmill. We rarely went out and when we were intimate it was brief and, compared to when we were first married, unfulfilling.

I tried to discuss the situation we were in with my husband on numerous occasions but he always gave me the same answer.

"When I get the promotion Selwyn has promised me things will get better."

"And when will that be?" I always wanted to know.

"Soon." Came back the usual response.

And then things just continued to get worse.

It wasn't as if we were fighting, there was just a coldness creeping between us. He was living for work and I was on the outside looking in at what used to be my marriage.

Then a few weeks previously things had suddenly altered for the better. Jon had been coming home earlier, the trips away had become less frequent and the temperature between us had risen.

There had been no explanation, no reason for the change and now we were invited to a mystery gathering at his boss's house.

________________________________________

"We're here."

My husband's voice jolted me out of the daydream I had been in and I looked up just in time to see him turn into the driveway of a large detached property. The line of fancy cars parked there indicated that the other guests, whoever they were, were certainly wealthy.

"Are you sure you don't know what this party is all about?" I asked again, looking at him questioningly.

"I've already told you babe. I haven't got a clue."

"It just seems strange, that's all."

"I'm sure all will be revealed eventually."

Parking the car, he hurried around to open the passenger door for me.

"Taylor!"

I had just swung my legs out and placed my feet on the ground when Deanna rushed out from the house to greet us.

"How are you both? It's so lovely you came tonight."

Hugging each of us she then took my arm, holding on to me like I was a long-lost friend or relative, and escorted the two of us inside to find her husband.

Following her through the house as she chattered away I took the opportunity to look about me.

I had to admit the place was incredible. Everything was tastefully decorated and I guessed that Deanna must have had a major role in choosing the furnishings and colour schemes. Everything simply screamed money at you.

The function, whatever it was, was being held in a large room to the rear of the house and when we walked through the door we were confronted by a crowd of around fifty or so.

"Let me go and find Selwyn and get you both a drink." Deanna patted my hand and then quickly disappeared, leaving us alone and giving me the opportunity to look around at the other guests.

There were only two people, a couple, who I vaguely recognised; the man was older, in his fifties, and worked with Jon at the company, although I struggled to recall his name. His wife, Julie I recalled, was a little younger, possibly in her early-forty's and I gave her a smile when she looked across at us, her expression at seeing us one of mild surprise.

Apart from two other couples who were close to our age it seemed the rest of the fifty or so people were all a lot older and, judging by the jewellery and expensive clothes, wealthy.

Strangely however, I couldn't see any singles amongst the crowd.

"Drinks."

I didn't have very long to reflect on my observations as Deanna returned then, Selwyn in tow, and handed both Jon and I a glass of champagne.

Moving to greet us our host kissed me on the cheek, the fingers of one hand lightly brushing my backside, as he did. I was startled by the familiarity of the touch but, when there was no further contact, I excused it as a genuine mistake.

"I'm so glad you came Taylor. I wasn't sure you would when I gave Jon the invitation."

His comment puzzled me but before I had a chance to ask what he meant he had turned away to shake hands with my husband.

The two of them quickly fell into a conversation, while I stood idly by listening to them talking about business, before Selwyn apologised to me. Insisting that Jon needed to meet someone, he dragged my husband away leaving me watching as the pair of them disappeared into the gathered partygoers.

Seeing me standing alone Deanna took my arm and, waving to another couple who had just arrived, started to take me around the room.

For the best part of an hour, she introduced me to a whole crowd of people, all older than me, that I didn't know and who's names I couldn't remember. They were all pleasant; the women a little distant while the men seemed more outgoing.

Talking to them I felt rather out of place and as soon as I could I retreated to a quiet corner to wait for Jon to come and find me.

"Your first time?"

A voice next to me made me look up to find a tall, slim older man who I guessed to be in his early sixties, smiling rather disconcertingly at me.

"Err... yes, we've never been here before."

For some reason the way he looked at me sent a shudder of apprehension all the way down my spine.

"I'm Henry by the way." He held out his hand, his expression changing to one of clear interest, "Henry Marchant."

"Hello, I'm Taylor." I grasped his fingers lightly, releasing my grip on his limp hand almost instantly.

"So, how do you know Selwyn and Deanna?"

"My husband, Jon." I looked around hoping to see him coming to rescue me, "He... err he works for Selwyn."

"Ah I see." Henry said simply, giving me another disturbing smile.

"How about you?"

"Oh, we've been coming to Selwyn's little gatherings for years. My wife and I know most of the people here very well." His smirk made me feel very uneasy, "Although it's always nice to make the acquaintance of someone new."

The implication he put on the words 'someone new' made me even more uncomfortable.

"You... err... you have these parties regularly?"

"Oh yes. Mostly we meet here but sometimes one of the others will play host."

"Is there any reason?" Despite my feelings of apprehension, I was intrigued to find out more.

"For?"

"For having the parties? Or is it just a regular social thing?"

He smirked again, moving closer to me and letting his hand brush along my arm, "Well they are regular, we usually hold one a month and I guess you could call it a social thing."

The way he looked at me as he spoke made me think of a wolf stalking its prey and suddenly I felt the need to get away from him.

"Well, if you'll excuse me I should go and find my husband."

"Yes, of course. Hopefully we can get better acquainted later."

"Yes, that would be... err.... nice." I said before hurrying away.

I had made it across to the other side of the room when Julie stepped in front of me.

"Hello, it's Taylor isn't it?"

Relieved to be away from the creepy Henry, I almost hugged her.

"Yes and you're Julie if I remember correctly."

"Julie Edwards." She smiled and glanced back to where I had been standing just a moment ago, "I noticed you met Henry."

Glancing over my shoulder I saw him raise his glass to me.

"Err... yes I did."

"Don't mind him. He's a little strange but mostly harmless. His wife is adorable though."

I struggled to imagine Henry being married.

"I must say I'm surprised to see you at one of Selwyn's parties." She continued without waiting for a response from me.

"Me too." I chuckled, "When Jon said we'd been invited I was a little shocked."

Julie smiled knowingly.

"Well, I better go find my husband before the fun begins. I hope you have a good time."

The way she said it and the meaningful smile on her lips were more than a little perturbing and I wondered what she meant as I watched her walk away.

I pondered on it for a moment then, putting it to the back of my mind, I continued my search for my husband.

Several people stopped me to chat and it took me another forty minutes to find Jon, at the far end of the room, talking to his boss and another man I hadn't met.

"Ah Taylor, come and join us." Selwyn immediately introduced me to the stranger, "Derek. This is Taylor, Jon's wife."

We went through the usual greetings before I turned to our host.

"So, what's this party for." I asked as I slid my arm through my husband's, "Is it a birthday or something?"

"Taylor!" My husband reprimanded me, "Don't be so rude."

Selwyn smiled indulgently, "That's ok Jon, I'm sure Taylor's curiosity is getting the better of her."

"Thank you." I smirked at my husband.

"You're welcome. You'll find out shortly. It's about time to get the proceedings going anyway."

Leaving me once again somewhat puzzled by a remark I didn't understand, I waited as he walked into the middle of the room.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I think we've had enough socialising for the evening.." He announced loudly raising a small cheer from a few of his guests, "Shall we get things going?"

"What's happening?" I whispered to Jon who avoided looking at me and simply told me to wait and see.

Everything seemed more than a little strange to me and as I stood there with my husband I couldn't help but have a very bad feeling about whatever was going on.

For a while nothing seemed to be happening then, a few minutes later, Deanna appeared weaving through the crowd of people carrying a large bowl.

"Jon you're the last. Would you like to put your keys in?"

The smile she gave him as she spoke to him left me in no doubt that she was interested in him.

"What... what's going on?" Still somewhat mystified I looked between the two of them as my husband took out our car keys and dropped them into the dish.

"Ok, that's everyone." She offered me the bowl, "As you're the new girl would you like to be the first to choose Taylor?"

"Choose? Choose what?" Naively I stared at her wondering what was happening.

"Your partner for the rest of the night. The man you'll be going home with." She laughed softly, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"What... I...."

For a moment I froze, my mind struggling to come to terms with what she had just said to me.

"Taylor? Are you ok?"

"You're.... you're swingers." Coming to my senses I suddenly realised what sort of gathering I was at, "This... this is a wife swapping party."

"Didn't you know?" Deanna frowned and looked at Jon, "You didn't tell her?"

"No, I didn't fucking know."

I didn't give my husband the opportunity to respond and, glaring angrily at him as I spoke, I reached into the dish and made a grab for our keys.

Unintentionally, as my fingers closed around our car keys, I knocked the bowl out of her hands sending it tumbling to the floor where it smashed into a dozen or more pieces when it hit the polished parquet wood, scattering its contents in all directions.

The result of my actions provoked a moment of total silence before uproar broke out, the onlookers gasping in horror at what had just happened.

Not that I cared.

"I'm going. You can do what you fucking want." I hissed angrily at my husband, the keys in my hand as I turned on my heel and made for the front door.

"Taylor...."

I ignored him, shrugging off the hand he placed on my arm.

"Fuck you Jon. Make your own fucking way home when you've finished screwing whoever it is."

Everyone stepped aside, staring at me as I stormed angrily out of the room, grateful that no one else attempted to stop me.

"Taylor. Wait. Please." Deanna finally caught up with me in the hallway, stopping me by grabbing my hand, "Didn't your husband tell you what the party was about?"

"Does it look like he did?"

"No, I guess it doesn't." She looked genuinely upset, "He told Selwyn that you would be ok with it?"

"Well, clearly I'm not."

"Clearly. Is... is there anything I can do?"

I shook my head, "Just tell my husband he's not welcome at home when he's finished fucking whatever little slut he chooses."

"Oh no, he can't stay. It's strictly couple's only." She informed me frankly, "If you don't have a partner then...."

"Then tell him he's sleeping on the couch or in the spare room."

"Are you sure you won't reconsider?"

I stared at her like she was mad, biting back the first answer that sprang into my head.

"What you do in your marriage is up to you but I respect my vows. I'm not cheating on my husband even if he wants to cheat on me."

"Sweetheart, it isn't being dishonest if you both agree to it."

My anger went up another notch, "You have your definition of it and I have mine."

Leaving her standing in the doorway staring at my back, and my husband to make his own way home, I got into our car and drove off without another word.

'What did he think he was doing?'

'How did he expect me to react?'

'Was he that dissatisfied with our marriage?'

Numerous thoughts filled my brain during the journey, none of which I had an answer to. I would have to ask my husband about them but I knew that it wouldn't be tonight or anytime in the near future.

Dropping my clothes on the bedroom floor I slid under the bedcover's, knowing sleep wasn't going to come easily I stared up at the ceiling as I went over the events of the evening.

'Was our marriage over?'

'Where did we go from here?'

'Did he really love me?'

I must have fallen asleep at some point because I didn't hear Jon come in. However, he must have because he was stretched out on the bed in the spare room when I got up the next morning.

Ignoring him I went straight to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea.

"Can I have one?"

I had just poured the hot water onto the teabag when he walked in behind me a couple of minutes later.

"Fuck off and make your own." I snarled, adding the milk before shoving past him.

"I'm sorry..." Was all I heard him say before slamming the bedroom door shut in his face.

It was two hours later when I finally emerged, showered and dressed, ignoring him as I picked up my bag and headed out of the front door to go shopping.

"Please babe I'm..."

"Fuck you Jon. I really don't want to talk to you right now."

"Taylor, please...."

"I said I don't want to be anywhere near you."

Once again I cut him off mid-sentence and walked out, leaving him to think about what he had done.

When I got home, close to eight o'clock that evening, carrying several bags, he was sitting on the sofa looking thoroughly miserable.

"Where have you been?"

"Out." My curt response was the only answer I gave him.

"Do you want me to order something to eat?" He tried again.

"No thanks, I ate out."

"Please Taylor I...."

Ignoring any further attempts by him to talk to me I went directly into the bedroom and closed the door, leaving him to suffer another night on his own.

Sunday was no different. I was still furious with him and the atmosphere remained decidedly frosty. We barely exchanged half-a-dozen words and once I was up and dressed I went to visit my parents.

I hadn't told him where I was going and dressed nicely; a smart dress, stockings and stilettos, not returning until late that evening so that I didn't have to spend time with him.

However, I knew the anger I felt was slowly dissipating and that I would have to talk to him at some point to get the answers to my questions that I wanted.

Jon was up early on the Monday morning and had left for work by the time I got up, so the flat was deserted. For the first time I relaxed a little. It was a relief to be in the apartment by myself with the oppressive atmosphere of the week-end gone, albeit temporarily.

Heading into the kitchen I found an empty cup standing next to the kettle with a single sheet of paper under it.

I know you're mad at me and I'm sorry.

I should have told you about the party but I

hoped you would be ok with it.

Stupid I know.

I love you.

I read it through twice and then screwed it up and threw it in the rubbish bin.

Knowing that I would have to have a conversation with him at some point I went to shower and get ready for the office.

Work proved to be something of a distraction for me and, for a few hours at least, I was able to push thoughts of my husband and the party to the back of my mind. The only contact I had from him was a text message telling me that he would be home late, as usual.

Walking in to our apartment at a quarter to six I had just put the kettle on when there was a knock at the door.

Not anticipating any visitors, I was rather puzzled as to who it might be, so it was something of a shock to find Deanna Richardson, the last person I would have expected, standing in front of me when I opened it.

"Deanna!"

"Hello Taylor, can I come in please?"

"How... how did you know.... where..." I stammered in surprise.