It's Just Sex Ch. 06

Story Info
Is this really what Taylor wants?
10.4k words
4.36
4.3k
10
8

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 02/25/2024
Created 01/16/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I originally started this expecting it to run over 5 or 6 pages but somehow it grew into 72,000+ words and I ended up splitting it into seven parts, mainly for ease of reading. For that reason, I've placed it in Novels and Novellas rather than Romance or Loving Wives, either of which might also have been a suitable genre for it.

Please note all 7 parts are written and will be released to Literotica as and when I finish editing them (hopefully that will be weekly).

I make no apology for the fact that my characters are flawed; they make poor decisions and bad choices but somehow they manage to enjoy a happy ending. That's just how I like them. So, if you prefer your story's a little more sugar coated then perhaps this isn't for you.

Constructive criticism is, as always, welcome but please remember it is just a story, the people don't exist and the situations never happened.

At least not as far as I know.

Please enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Just Sex - part 6

After the events of the Friday and Saturday nights I had a thoroughly miserable Sunday, spending most of the day sitting on my sofa thinking over the mess my life was in.

Reflecting on the last 48 hours it seemed to me that whatever I did I always made things worse for myself rather than better.

Jon taking the job with Selwyn Richardson had been the start of our marital problems. The long days, the business trips and his new boss's influence had contributed to the difficulties we had encountered.

Of course, we had also reaped the benefits his new position bought us; a new apartment, Jon's company car and a huge boost to his salary, but the cost to our relationship had, in the end, been too much for us to cope with.

It had been my ex-husband's suggestion to attend Selwyn and Deanna's wife-swapping parties and when he first raised it I had rejected the idea. However, things between us had continued to get worse and, desperate to save our marriage, I had allowed myself to be persuaded and eventually agreed.

After my initial reservations had been assuaged when I had slept with Selwyn it had turned out to be fun. I had had a bit of a reputation at university as a good time girl and picking someone's car keys out of a bowl and going home with them had made it seem like I was back enjoying those carefree days, as well as getting the benefits when Jon and I got back together.

I hadn't believed Deanna, Selwyn's wife, when she had told me that attending their gatherings would bring me closer to my husband. It had seemed ridiculous that us sleeping with other people would help our failing relationship but, to my surprise, it had.

Our sex life had been re-ignited and, for a while, we were back to basking in the post honeymoon happiness we had enjoyed after we were first married. But it didn't last and, after getting the promotion he wanted, the demands of his new post started to take their toll on us all over again.

It had eventually all blown up when, after attending half-a-dozen parties and sleeping with various men, I had told Jon that I didn't want to go anymore.

If I had thought our relationship was going downhill by then my refusal to go to any more of Selwyn's little soiree's drove the final nail into our marriage. Totally irrationally Jon began accusing me of having an affair with his boss and going out with Deanna to pick up men.

Of course, none of it was true, but he refused to listen to me and we had ended up separating. That was when he had started seeing his pretty young assistant; an attractive girl named Jennifer Waites.

The final straw had come when he filed for divorce on grounds of my supposed adultery. I hadn't contested it and, just a few weeks prior, I had received the decree absolute.

We were officially divorced.

Now a newly single woman I had, with Deanna and her husband's interference over the last couple of weeks or so. made things even worse.

Firstly, I had gone out with my friend and we had let two youngsters, both barely old enough to be in the bar, pick us up and I had ended up taking Mark's virginity. Then over the last two days I had had sex with my new boss and then, the previous night, I had slept with my 60-year-old neighbour, Ken Bartholemew.

It was inevitable that Jon was going to find out at some point and then I was certain that any chance I had of resurrecting my relationship with him would be gone for good.

He had known of my reputation at uni and had still wanted to go out with me but now, after being married for so long, I was sure he would just label me as some sort of slut.

Sitting on my sofa, staring unhappily into a half-drunk mug of coffee as I reflected on the last few months of my miserable existence, I wondered just what else could possibly go wrong.

I sat up as the unexpected knock at my front door jerked me out of my thoughtfulness.

Not expecting anyone I opened it cautiously to be greeted by Deanna's beaming smile.

"Hey girlfriend. How are you?" She pushed straight past me, "Did you have a good night with your neighbour?"

"What are you doing here Dee? I thought you and Selwyn would be...."

I didn't answer her questions and, instead, responded with a couple of my own.

"Getting together?" She chuckled, her grin getting even bigger, "Don't worry about that. We can do it later."

"Oh."

"Now are you going to make me a coffee and dish the details on your sordid night of passion with that rather sexy old man or not?"

Dropping onto my couch she picked up my mug and peered inside at the cold liquid, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

"You might want to make one for yourself as well while you're in the kitchen."

"Oh yes, right."

'Why wasn't Deanna with her husband?'

'Had she really spent last night with Darren?'

'What did she want?'

Making the drinks I took my time, using the opportunity to think about her possible reasons for being here and to compose myself.

Returning with the two cups I put them on the table and sat myself down next to her.

"So, what do I owe the pleasure of this visit to?"

She smiled, "Gossip of course. We need to share all the details of our naughty weekend."

"Well, nothing happened between Ken and I." I lied.

Dee chuckled, "Of course not, but you know you're a terrible liar."

My cheeks coloured and I dropped my gaze to the floor.

"So?" She continued.

"Ok I slept with him." I mumbled, my face going a deep crimson.

"That's it? 'I slept with him'. I want all the juicy details girl, not an I slept with him." Deanna giggled before putting on a serious expression for a moment, "But what I really wanted to talk to you about was Darren."

"What about him."

"Did you really fuck him?"

"Was that what he told you?'

She nodded, "Mmhhmm."

I bit my lip and stared into my mug, pondering what to say before deciding that the truth would probably be best.

"Yes."

"Oh my God." She shrieked excitedly, "You do know that I used to fuck him years ago? Now tell me all about it."

"You told me, remember?"

"So, I did. Well, tell me. How did you two get to do it? What was it like? I want to know everything."

Taking a mouthful of coffee, I began to relate the events of Friday evening to her.

"I guess I had a pretty bad week, after Mark, and then when you told me Jon was taking that little tart to your party..... well, I suppose I kind of freaked out."

"Ok, that sounds reasonable enough to me. So, what happened with Darren? How did you end up doing it?"

"He realised something was wrong on the Friday morning and offered to buy me a drink and listen to my problems, if I wanted to talk."

"So, you agreed to go for a drink with him then?" Dee looked at me questioningly.

"Yeah I did. I had a few glasses of wine and when he suggested dinner at his hotel..... I just went."

She chuckled, "Well he is pretty sexy."

"I know." I agreed ruefully, "Anyway after we had eaten we went up to his suite for coffee and.... and I had sex with him."

"And.... you can't just leave it at 'I had sex with him', that's not fair."

"I suppose not."

I couldn't help but grin as I carried on and told her about exactly what we had done, leaving out a none of the salacious detail.

"Oh my God, you mean someone actually watched you screwing on the balcony?" She exclaimed, her eyes wide, as I finished telling my story.

I nodded, "Yeah, they were in the building directly opposite. Then they came outside."

"How close were they?"

"Maybe 20 feet or so."

"That's kinky. It's something I'm going to have to try with him next time we get together."

"So, you're planning on seeing him again?"

Deanna stared at me for a moment, "Oh God, you want him?"

"What! No way! Darren Cunningham is an absolute bastard. He used what Selwyn told him about me to get me into his bed."

Thinking back on my night with my boss, how he had made me come and how I had found out what sort of person he really was, I responded icily.

"I'm sorry about that babe. Selwyn and I thought that maybe if you got together you might come back to the parties with him."

"That's not going to happen Deanna. I love Jon, I don't want anyone else, especially him."

She snorted, "Yeah but you liked it when he fucked you?"

I blushed, my cheeks turning a deep shade of scarlet.

"Yes." I admitted, my voice little more than a whisper, "But it was just sex. The man is an absolute pig."

"So, what do you think? Is he as good as my husband?" My best friend grinned, changing the subject slightly.

"You've had them both too, so you should be able to answer that as well as me."

The tension was broken and we both dissolved into a fit of giggling at the thought that we had both slept with the same two men.

"True." It took her a minute or two to stop laughing and speak, "But I'd still like your opinion."

"To be honest they're both bloody amazing." I finally answered her question, "Almost as good as Jon."

"I wouldn't know. I've never had the pleasure." Her statement reminded me of her promise to leave Jon alone unless I agreed to her sleeping with him.

"I'm sorry hon. I don't think I could cope with you and him.... you know doing it."

"It's ok." Deanna raised an eyebrow and changed the subject, "So, are you going to sleep with Darren again?"

Pausing I thought about what she had just said, chuckling to myself.

"You are joking?"

"Sorry, I didn't think." Now it was her turn to blush, "So, tell me about your sexy neighbour? Ken wasn't it. How did that go?"

"It was ok."

"Oh no, you're not getting away with just ok. I want details young lady."

Despite my uncertainty the thought of my night with Ken started a familiar warmth growing between my legs.

"I.... I don't know if I should. What about Jon. What if he finds out about my screwing my next-door neighbour?"

"Why would it matter?" She glared at me, obviously confused, "First of all your ex-husband is busy fucking his little slut so he doesn't seem bothered. Two; you're divorced and Three..... who's going to tell him?"

"I can't help it, I love him?" I looked at her miserably and started to cry again.

"Oh babe."

Deanna pulled me into an embrace, holding me tight as I wept for everything I'd lost.

"Am I being stupid Dee? Should I just try to move on?"

When I finally stopped crying and wiped my eyes I sat back and asked her.

She smiled warmly, "No. Not at all. You can't help who you fall in love with."

I gave her a weak grin in return, "It's a pity he doesn't feel the same."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure he does. He's just too proud to admit he was wrong."

"You think so?" I asked hopefully, "Ken told me I needed to sort myself out before I did anything else but I don't seem to be able to do it without my husband."

"Ex husband." She corrected me.

"Do you really think he still loves me?"

"Yes, I do. I'm telling you what's blatantly obvious to everyone but you and Jon. Now all we need to do is work out how to get you two together again."

"Somehow I don't think Jennifer is going to let that happen."

"If she's still around?" Deanna pursed her lips and frowned.

"What?" I stared at her, "What do you mean?"

"Something Selwyn said to me after Jon rang and told him they weren't coming to the party Friday night."

I just stared at her, too scared to ask her what it was.

Dee continued, "Don't read too much into it. It might just be that he was pissed off and didn't mean it."

"What did he say?"

Deanna bit her lip and paused before answering, "After telling my husband they weren't coming as she wasn't having sex with some old pervert, he also said he was fed up with her constant complaining."

"So, do you think he intends to dump her?" I asked, trying to feel more optimistic than I actually did.

"I don't know but it sounds like things aren't exactly rosy in their relationship."

Sitting back, I considered what I had just been told. If there was any chance of getting back together with Jon, however tentative, was I prepared to take it?

"He made his choice. I'm not even going to try, not while he's still with her."

I made my decision and stated my position as forcefully as I could, my stomach churning at the idea I might be rejecting my former husband.

"That's my girl. Have some fun and show Jon what he's missing. That'll make him come crawling back to you."

"You think so? What if it doesn't and he hates me for it?"

Deanna shook her head and chuckled, "Trust me. He'll be consumed by jealousy and desperate to get you back."

I didn't answer and, giving her a weak smile, tried to look confident without really feeling it.

"So, now will you tell me about your night with your neighbour?"

I laughed at her persistence, "Ok."

Over another coffee we talked about Ken as well as a few other things for another hour or more, making arrangements to meet up during the week, before she took her leave and I was once again left alone.

However, now, after my chat with Deanna, I felt a little happier.

Making dinner for myself I decided to put off my anxieties about Monday morning and confronting Darren until it actually happened, settling in front of the tv and trying to relax.

I was awake early the next morning and, after making myself a coffee, I headed to the shower to start getting ready for work.

Wanting to make a statement and feel as good about myself as I could I made more of an effort with my appearance.

Once I had dried myself off I decided to leave my hair down before putting on a little more make-up than usual; some mascara on my lashes, a pale eyeshadow and a shiny lip gloss.

Satisfied I turned my attention to my outfit, I wanted to look sexy but not slutty. The idea wasn't to get Darren's interest but to show him I wasn't embarrassed by Friday night.

Even though I knew no one was going to see them I chose my pink lacey bra and thong with tan colour hold-up stockings. Then I slipped on a black knee length skirt with a fairly long slit up the front and a simple dark cerise blouse.

Finally, I put on my 2" black heels and taking a moment I tried to prepare myself for what I expected to be a difficult confrontation, then I picked up my coat and bag, and I was ready to go.

Leaving the flat for the short drive to the office my uncertainties started to resurface and I found myself, once again, consumed with worry about what I was doing and whether it would get me what I wanted.

'What if Darren wanted to see me again?"

'Should I go back to Deanna's parties?'

'If I did would Jon get jealous and want me back?'

'Where did Selwyn fit into all of this?'

The closer I got to work the greater my anxiety became until, when I eventually pulled into the car park, I thought I was going to throw up.

I sat for a minute or two trying to calm myself down before, with my stomach tied in knots, I walked into the building.

Upstairs I made straight for the small kitchen to make a coffee, trying to avoid any confrontation with my boss for as long as possible, when a deep voice stopped me.

"Good morning Taylor."

I froze for a second, my insides tightening up even more, and struggled to speak.

"Oh err.... hi Darren."

Eventually I managed to mumble a response as, putting the mug down on the counter, I turned around slowly trying to keep my expression impassive and avoiding his eyes.

"Did you have a good week-end?"

Aware of the small hint of sarcasm in his voice I nodded, "Umm... yeah, not too bad thanks. You?"

"Very nice thanks. I caught up with some old friends." The self-satisfied smirk on his face made me want to slap him, "I believe you know them, Deanna and Selwyn Richardson?"

"Err.... yes, I know them." My stomach knotted even more as I stood there, wondering where the conversation was going.

"Nice couple aren't they?"

"Y.. yes. I err.... I like them." I managed to stammer.

Darren smiled, "Could you make me a coffee please Taylor. I've got an important conference call in a minute."

"Err.... sure." I said as he turned away leaving me standing there quite bemused.

'Did the Friday night mean nothing to him?'

'What conference call? Was it something I should know about?'

I didn't say a word when I put a mug of coffee on his desk before going back to my own and starting work, feeling even more confused than before.

Apart from one other brief conversation in the corridor; about a project I was involved in, my boss kept his distance from me for the rest of the day.

Totally perplexed by his odd behaviour I went home feeling both relieved that I had had virtually no contact with him and also a little puzzled by his indifference to me.

The remainder of the week continued in much the same vein; Darren was polite but apart from the normal day-to-day pleasantries he kept any interaction with me strictly businesslike.

Outside of work things were a little less difficult.

Bumping into Ken a couple of times as I was going in and out of my flat I thought the conversation was tense to begin with but the old familiar banter quickly started to return. We didn't get as far as going on a run together but I felt that any lingering memory of the night we had spent together wasn't going to ruin our friendship.

One way or another I struggled through to the Friday but things didn't change and, tidying up my desk before I headed home I felt thoroughly disillusioned with life. Assuming Darren was content now that he had bedded me and would now treat me like part of the furniture, I had pretty much made up my mind to resign on the following Monday.

"Have time for a coffee?"

Looking up I was surprised to find Deanna Richardson standing in my office doorway.

"Err.... yeah, why not. I could do with cheering up."

"Why don't we make it wine or.... even better a gin and tonic then."

"Either sounds good to me." I grinned at her and I collected my things.

Leaving the office, I expected Darren to say something but instead I was surprised to see the door closed and his room in darkness. Normally he was one for working late and he hadn't told me he was finished for the day.

Shrugging to myself I gave it no further thought, putting it down to his rather frosty behaviour of the last few days.

Exiting the building we headed to a nearby bar and, after finding ourselves a table Deanna went to get the drinks while I took the opportunity to look around the room. Despite the early hour I could see the place was busy with after work drinkers.

"So, what's wrong?" Putting the glasses on the table Dee sat down next to me and asked rather bluntly.

I sighed and took a mouthful of my gin and tonic, "Everything. Jon, Darren, work.... I don't know what I'm doing with my life anymore."