It's My Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you," I said, "but it's all because of you and the girls giving me the makeover."

Her lips curled cutely and she said, "You can't make a work of art without the right clay to build upon. Go out and have a great time. I hope this one goes better than the last."

"It can't go any worse," I said laughing as I walked out.

When I got to Kathy's, she was dressed to kill. My mouth must've looked like a goldfish when she opened the door and I saw her blue short skirt, matching high heels, and nude stockings. The spaghetti straps led me to believe she was braless as well.

"I take it you like what you see?" She asked with a sultry purr.

"Very much"

"Good. Let's head out."

I opened the door for her and got an eyeful of leg. Her show made it clear they were thigh-high stockings. I had to think of math problems to try to calm my stiffening soldier.

The dinner conversation was light until she asked an interesting question. "If your wife came home tomorrow, would you take her back?"

"Until recently, I would've. The thing about it is, I've realized that she abandoned me. Why should I pine over someone who doesn't want me anymore? She made a conscious decision to leave with plenty of forethought. No, I wouldn't take her back. I'm past it now."

She toasted my glass of wine and said, "Good for you. You're on the road to recovery."

She had a dry wit that I enjoyed and she liked to people watch and speculate about their stories. It was interesting how creative she could be when looking at a person's shoes and developing a life story from her imagination.

Our first date ended with a chaste kiss on the cheek and a promise of another date the following week. I was feeling good about our prospects and if nothing else I knew I could go out and not completely embarrass myself.

****

"How'd it go? Shelby asked when I walked in the door.

I was struck speechless by the sight of her sitting in my easy chair in only a long t-shirt. Her legs glistened making me think she had just put lotion on them. Her small feet with pink toenail polish were curled up under her and barely peeked out. God! She was sexy.

"Uh, it went well, I think. She agreed to see me again next week."

"That's great, Gerald."

For some reason when she said my name, it sounded forced and I suddenly hated it. When I was younger, I was always Gerry. I realized I became Gerald when I met Cara. As I recall, she never even asked if my name was Gerald before she started using my birth name. I guess she got lucky that's what I was named.

"Shelby, I've decided I'm going back to Gerry. Gerald seems so stuffy and I've never really cared for it."

She was shocked. "Let me guess, Cara started calling you Gerald and you let her."

I nodded.

"Well, I hate it. You aren't pretentious enough to be a Gerald. Gerry it is, from now on."

I looked at the time and it was only Eleven.

"Are you staying up? Would you like a glass of wine?"

She smiled, "I'd love a glass of that wonderful Port you bring out at parties if that's okay."

"The good stuff, huh? Sure thing."

I walked down to my basement bar and hadn't realized she followed me until I was pouring the drinks.

"Gerry, I just want to thank you again. I..."

"Shelby, please stop. You're welcome here as long as you need to stay. I was going to ask you about your stuff. You know, the third bay of my garage is open for anything you want to store there."

"Okay, that will help. I don't want much from the house. He can keep it all. I just want out."

Cara and I always wondered about their house. It was as if it had no woman's touch at all. The living room had neon beer signs in it and a huge trophy. They didn't have a basement so it seemed as if the whole house was Craig's man-cave.

"God! I was such a fool. He never wanted me to work and used the fact that he paid for everything to exert his control over me. Jesus, Gerry, he has a fucking replica life-sized Stanley Cup in our living room. I lived in a frat house for Christ's sake."

She was angry and then I started laughing causing her to laugh.

"I always thought you were the Blackhawks fan in the house," I snorted. "Make sure you get custody of the beer signs."

She frowned and I knew I hit a bad nerve.

"I wanted kids so badly, just like you did. He said we couldn't have them until we turned thirty. I was looking so forward to next year."

I held her hand and said, "He was not the right man for you."

"I understand that now. I don't know if I always knew and hoped I could change him or if I was just feeling stuck. It doesn't matter anymore. It's over."

She broke down again. I felt so bad for her, I walked around the bar and hugged her. She sobbed into my shoulder and I let her cry it out.

****

For the next week, Shelby and I danced around each other trying to stay out of each other's way. We got into a routine with housework and cooking. We got all of her stuff from Craig's house. We got her set up with an attorney and got the divorce process started.

I got used to having a beautiful woman in my house again. She didn't parade around in skimpy clothes or Heaven forbid nude, but her nightshirts and yoga pants gave me fodder for my solo sessions each night.

I took Kathy out again and afterward I walked her to her door. I expected a longer good night kiss, slowly escalating over our previous date, but I was surprised when she invited me in.

I was more surprised when she closed the door behind me and attacked my lips with hers. Her tongue parted my lips seeking mine out as if it was her only source of water and she was dying of thirst.

She broke the kiss and I tried to catch my breath.

"Gerald, you have two choices. You can do me on the couch or you can do me in my bed."

I was shocked at how forward she was. "Bed?"

She smiled and said, "Good choice." She took my hand and led me upstairs.

We kissed and touched, exploring each other, enjoying each other, as we undressed. She broke the kiss and stood before me in her bra and panties. She had me fully nude with my hard penis pointing to her.

"Very nice, Gerry. You're in pretty good shape and I like this," she took my shaft in her hand and stroked me.

"You're beautiful," I answered and pulled her into an embrace, kissing her.

I fumbled with her bra and couldn't release the strap. "It's a front clasp, baby," she whispered.

"Sorry, it's been a while for me."

"Me too, baby. Let's knock the cobwebs off."

I smiled as she stripped her panties off and sat on the bed. She spread her legs, inviting me into her pretty pussy. Her trimmed hair was fairly sparse and I licked my lips as I knelt between her legs.

I hadn't tasted pussy since before I met Cara. She refused to let me go down on her. She said it was unsanitary and sick. When I looked at Kathy's honey pot, I craved it.

I kissed her inner thighs, slowly working my way up to her pink treasure. She moaned and I saw the goosebumps as they formed on her creamy skin. I knew I was doing something right as I saw how wet she was before I swiped her outer lips with my tongue.

She bucked when I licked her clit the first time. "Fuck, Gerry. That's the spot." I ignored her and decided to explore. She tasted amazing as I licked every inch I could. Her constant moaning urged me on.

When I decided to make her stop begging and let her cum, I attacked her clit with a ferocious mouth and tongue. There would be no mercy as I licked and sucked on her button. I pressed two fingers into her tunnel and she screamed my name along with God's name and a few fuck yesses.

Her hands pulled my hair as she shuddered and shook. I knew my work paid off when she fell limp.

I slid up and kissed her large breasts as she caught her breath. Her nipples stuck out about half an inch and we're about the sizes of a dime. I sucked and nibbled, testing her pain tolerance.

"Oh, Gerry, suck them hard. I love it."

I pinched the nipple I wasn't sucking on and slid between her legs. She gasped, as I lined the head of my penis up with her entrance.

"Yes, baby. Give it to me good."

She moaned as I slid into her pussy. She felt amazing as I began to piston in and out of her. She was extremely responsive as her hips were constantly moving and her fingers were either playing with her nipples or rubbing her clit.

"I'm gonna, yes!" She shrieked as she pulled my ass into her. "Hard, baby. Fuck me! Fuck me hard!"

My back strained as I slammed into her, crashing the headboard into the wall. She reached back and slid a pillow between the headboard and wall, then pulled her knees towards her chest.

The angle change felt fantastic as I drove into her harder, practically jumping off of the mattress and coming down as hard as I could.

Her shrieks were unintelligible as the sweat dripped from my forehead onto her. Her eyes rolled back and she screamed, "I'm cumming, you fucking stud," causing me to laugh.

I couldn't hold back any longer and I groaned as I released my load into her. I hadn't cum that hard in years. I felt as if I was having a thirty-second orgasm.

She smiled and snuggled into me as I rolled off of her. Mm, Gerry. You were amazing."

"You brought my best out of me. I feel so good, I can't explain it."

"That's great sex, baby."

We laughed and eventually fell asleep in each other's arms.

****

I walked in the door of my house early the next morning and found Shelby making coffee.

"Hey, stud. You're home early and in the same clothes you wore last night." Her smirk was adorable.

"Kathy had to work early this morning."

"Aw. That's too bad. I guess I'll be her stand-in for breakfast then."

She giggled as she set a cup of coffee in front of me.

When she bent over to get a pan, I saw the bottom of her beautiful ass. I couldn't tell if she was pantyless or wearing a thong, but it was causing a resurrection in my pants.

I barely looked away in time when she stood and put the pan on the stove.

"I'm going to take a shower and change. I'll be down in a bit," I said nervously.

"Okay, Gerry. We're having Denver omelets."

"Sounds good."

She was an amazing cook, my mouth was watering for the omelet.

****

"So it's going well with Kathy?" Shelby asked as we ate dinner a month later.

"As well as can be expected. We seem to gel."

"Good," she said looking at her plate. Then she perked up, "Craig signed the papers and we filed them today."

"Hey! That's awesome." I felt like a jerk saying that. "I'm sorry, that came out wrong."

She laughed and said, "No, it is awesome. It's almost over. I just wish I could find a job and get out of your hair."

"Don't worry about that. You're welcome to stay as long as you need."

I meant it. She was no trouble at all and was an awesome cook. She was pretty nice to look at as well. I wished she were a bit older so I'd have a chance with her.

I always put those thoughts aside. Things were going well with Kathy and I was spending a few nights a week with her.

I had cut off all contact with my friends. I couldn't get past them not telling Shelby about Craig cheating on her. It made me wonder what they knew about Cara's abrupt decision to leave me. Shelby felt the same, although I know she missed Jen with whom she was close.

"When will you let me meet her?"

That caught me off guard. I was avoiding having Kathy and Shelby meet. I'm not sure why and turned out to be both a mistake and a blessing.

****

Two months after our first date, I invited Kathy to my house for the first time. We were pretty hot and heavy and were moving along nicely. I was over Cara completely and had no problem opening up with Kathy, except for one thing: Shelby.

Shelby was still with me and said she'd make herself scarce while Kathy was over. I told her that wasn't necessary and that she should join us for dinner. She reluctantly agreed.

Shelby and Craig's divorce was finalized and in the waiting stage for the final decree. Craig didn't fight all that much. He didn't have a leg to stand on anyway and Shelby was glad it was over.

Shelby was having a difficult time finding work, which was the reason she was still with me. I offered to bring her on as a freelance researcher, but she declined. She said she didn't want our friendship and employment to mix. I understood.

I decided it was time to stop hiding Shelby from Kathy. She'd been pretty understanding up to that point about my living with her, and I felt silly never having her over to my house.

I was getting the charcoal started when Shelby walked out escorting a visibly angry Kathy.

I said cautiously, "I see you've met. Sorry I didn't hear the doorbell."

As I was talking I noticed Shelby was wearing an almost indecent pair of short shorts and a t-shirt that barely reached her navel. I understood why Kathy was upset.

"Yeah, we met," Kathy grunted.

Shelby looked at her and flashed her widest smile. "Yep, I can tell we're gonna be great friends."

Kathy rolled her eyes and asked, "Do you have any wine?"

"Sure," I said. "White okay?"

She nodded and I pulled out a chair for her at the table on my deck.

"I'll get some appetizers, "Shelby said in an overly sing-song voice.

"She's beautiful," Shelby said as I opened the wine.

"Yeah," I said dumbly as I watched Shelby's perfect ass jiggle as she cut some strawberries.

I shook that view off and took the wine outside.

"Thank you," Kathy said as I handed her a glass. "You didn't tell me she was hot and walked around the house dressed like that."

I laughed and said, "She doesn't normally dress like that, and don't be jealous. She isn't interested in me. She's dealing with a fresh divorce and I'm too old for her."

"Mm, hm. So you like her, but she doesn't like you? I get it. Gerald, I'm..."

"Whoa! Slow down, Kathy. You don't have to worry about me and her. There's nothing there."

"Fresh fruit and whipped cream," Shelby said, demonstrating perfect timing as she breezed through the sliding door.

Kathy glared at her while she set down the platter. I didn't like where the night was going. I worried that I made a mistake in having Kathy over. We didn't have a foundation built yet and Shelby was a major obstacle that, like a schmuck, I didn't realize would be there.

"What do you do for work, Shelby?" Kathy asked, still on defense.

"I'm currently looking for a job. My soon-to-be-ex wanted me to stay home and take care of the house."

In a rather good impression of Craig, she said, "No wife of mine is gonna work."

Kathy frowned and said, "So, you guys spend a lot of time together."

Shelby seemed startled by the question and I said, "Well, we live in the same house and I work from home mostly, but she keeps to herself in her room. It's not like we're joined at the hip."

I was getting annoyed with Kathy's jealousy.

"Excuse me, I'm going to put the steaks on the grill. Is medium-rare okay for you guys?"

Kathy nodded and Shelby said, "You already know how I like mine, Gerry. Just like yours."

I nodded and walked to the grill. I had a view of the girls from where I was, but I couldn't hear the conversation over the music playing on my speakers. Kathy looked annoyed while Shelby was carrying the conversation.

When the food was ready I set the platters on the table and refilled drinks. Kathy seemed to be in a better mood as Shelby was quietly eating.

I knew the night needed to be cut short, so I suggested, "Kathy, how about if we hit a movie after dinner?"

She didn't answer but nodded. She had a faraway look in her eyes and I didn't like what I was seeing.

****

After dinner, Shelby volunteered to do the dishes and give Kathy and me some private time. We were sitting on the deck and Kathy was watching the birds use the feeders I have in my garden.

Without looking at me, she said, "She's in love with you, you know."

I laughed and said, "No she's not. You're being..."

"Don't!" She demanded. "Don't belittle what I'm seeing and what you're blind to. Look at how she's dressed. She's showing me that she is hot and capable of having you."

I laughed.

"She's being overly nice to me to show that she's no threat, but Gerry, I see it every time she looks at you. There's adoration in her eyes. She loves you."

"Kathy we've been friends for a few years. Nothing is going on between us."

"Oh! I know nothing is going on. You're not the kind of guy to take advantage of her and she knows that too."

I didn't know what to say to convince her that I was interested in her, not Shelby.

"Gerry, do you know that you smile every time you look at her?"

"What?" I was floored.

She nodded. "Every time she walked onto the deck, every time you looked at her when she spoke, every time you stole a glance while we were eating, you smiled. You don't do that when you look at me."

She stood and a tear fell down her cheek. "I don't want to fall any farther for you than I already have, Gerry. I think it's best if I step aside and let you and Shelby figure out what's going on between you."

I was shocked. "Kathy, no, please."

She touched my cheek and said, "You're a good man, Gerry. You're who she deserves."

She turned and hurried down the steps and around the side of my house as I stood in shock. I was startled by a touch on my arm. I spun to find Shelby there crying.

"She's right. I do love you and it's been killing me that I couldn't tell you that."

My shock was complete. I must be the blind fool Kathy said I was.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to break you and Kathy up. Now that I say it out loud, I guess I'm lying to myself. I mean, look how I dressed today. I guess I was trying to make you see I'm hotter than she is."

She started sobbing and ran into the house, leaving me standing alone in shock. I wondered what the hell I was going to do.

****

I walked into the house and drank a glass of water. As I was putting the glass in the sink, Shelby walked into the kitchen.

She touched my shoulder and I felt a shock go through me. She said, "I'm sorry I ruined everything for you. Maybe you could call Kathy and..."

I knew at that moment what I wanted. If Shelby was in love with me, I could be happy for the rest of my life. I spun around and hugged her, cutting her off.

"Shelby, I guess I've always had feelings for you too. I just thought I was too old for you and..."

She shut me up with a kiss that was unlike anything I'd experienced before. It was like kissing the sun through a pillow. Her lips were puffy and soft. Her tongue snaked into my mouth firmly. She moaned as I finally returned her efforts.

I broke the kiss and a thin trail of saliva stuck to our lips, never wanting us to part. "Make love to me, Gerry. I need you so badly." Her voice was weak and timid. As if I would or could say no.

I took her hand and led her to my bedroom. "I never want you to leave. Please say you'll stay with me forever. I couldn't lose you too."

She kissed me tenderly and said, "My love, you'll never have to worry about that."

She sat on the bed and took off her shirt, exposing a pair of the most beautiful breasts I'd ever seen. Her areola were conical and puffy with small nipples, and her chest had an adorable scattering of freckles.

I knelt at the alter she presented me and took one into my mouth. She sighed as I sucked and nibbled each in turn. "Oh, Gerry. I can't believe it's finally happening."

After sliding down her shorts and panties, I inhaled her musky arousal. With a rock-hard penis threatening to break through my shorts, I kissed her neatly trimmed mons and worked my way down to her moistening pussy.

She fell to her back when I swiped her clit with my tongue. She called out my name, God's name, and begged Jesus for something as I explored her folds. I had no intention of teasing or delaying anything and did my damndest to make her cum, and when I pushed two fingers into her tight tunnel she shook and her legs quivered.