All Comments on 'It's Not Too Late'

by JasonClearwater

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
TeicuFujoshiTeicuFujoshiover 6 years ago

I'm worried that he will leave. Not right away- I get that. But after they talk. And while Jesse may be self-medicating to deal with his feelings, it's not exactly like Will has been a great help. Yes, he brought out this side of Jesse and has been there for him. But for every supportive act there has seemed to be an act of sabotage to go with. While he insists that Jesse should have broken up with Lucy, he them sits there and says that Jesse will not be enough to sexually satisfy him. Will has not given Jesse anywhere to take his feelings or the relationship so no wonder he is a broken mess. They both need something more and I can't tell if it's a change in the relationship, or someone that isn't each other.

LaughinggrrlLaughinggrrlover 6 years ago
Heart wrenching

I'm afraid he will leave, too. Jesse might be on a path to self destruction, but he is clearly not unredeemable.. If Will truly loves him, and has been working towards getting Jesse to love him and face himself for four years, then surely he would not give up this quickly. I don't expect life to become some peachy Disney ending for them, but I sincerely hope they will try to be together. Life is messy.

Love your writing. Eager for more.

JasonClearwaterJasonClearwaterover 6 years agoAuthor

It's true, life is messy, especially when you're young and confused and trying to figure yourself out. Mistakes get made.

But there's always hope. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Jesse should fuck Will and make him know that he can be dominant too. Lol. That way he wont leave him ever.

I'm interested about Will's oscar club activities. Please write about that.

Great story and well written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Your story hurts so good. Self discovery is definitely a painful process. I want them both to end up together cause that is the side of me that loves happy endings. But theirs relationship has not been for the best. Will hasn't seemed to do much to help Jesse in his discovery. Maybe now that Jesse has let his walls down though and admitted his love some progress can be made. It seems like that what will has been waiting for

63lsmith63lsmithover 6 years ago
nice

different but good story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I wish you had taken this in a different direction

Ever since Will took Jesse to the club, I've been losing more and more respect for Jesse. Everything Luce said is true. He cheated on her left and right with every cock he saw, wouldn't stop when he knew it was hurting her, acts outraged when she points out the double standard , and then acts like he wasn't the one yo make those choices.

Maybe this story just struck the wrong nerve with me, or maybe I'm a judgmental asshole, but as far as I'm concerned , he deserves to end up abandoned and alone. I'm also not a fan of "you can't be bi, you have to choose" stories , so I really wish you had had something else in mind.

Your writing is really, really good, which is how I made it this far, but I don't think it's the story for me anymore.

JasonClearwaterJasonClearwaterover 6 years agoAuthor
Anon, I don't think you're being judgemental

But I've written characters who make mistakes, so that they can learn from them.

Obviously I disagree that he should be abandoned and alone... I just think he needs to grow up. If you think a confused kid of 22/23 doesn't deserve to ever find happiness, I think -that- might be a bit harsh.

Regarding 'You can't be bi, you have to choose' - that's not a theme here. I would never, for obvious reasons, suggest that. The context is what each of these people wants from their relationships, and how capable they are of giving to each other and getting what they need.

Is it straight forward? No. I'll give you that. But someone like Will hits your life like a freight train, and makes you question everything. If you're not mature enough, if you don't know yourself well enough, that can derail you.

But I have faith in Jesse to grow through this. Everyone grows up in their own time. :-)

Thanks for your feedback,

Jase.

notusuallyshynotusuallyshyabout 6 years ago
Sad

Ahh the manipulations that people pull to keep someone close and the fear of being unloved and alone. A perfectly fucked up relationship. I've been here myself!

Really well written, all too credible!

m1km1n30m1km1n306 months ago

You really think you’re bi? Wow, Will…what a self-serving asshat you are. You wanted him, and you took what you wanted while acting the entire time as if Jesse was at fault for your four years of unrequited feelings and desire for him. He did love Luce, too, and you didn’t want to share so you slowly spread like rot between them. Apparently, you’re not bi but somehow had Lucy’s mouth on you at the right time to get “caught” by Jesse. Then kept introducing other men to her until she finally hit it off with someone else.

As for Lucy, wasn’t she all in with their swinging ways? Gabriela, anyone?? Got a real kick out of his morning with the opportunistic truckers, didn’t she? Where did she decide he was “cheating” and leaving her behind? (“Jesse, it was really nothing,” story is missing so perhaps more was revealed in that after Jesse caught her with Will?)

In any case, if Jesse is deteriorating, it’s in no small part thanks to Will’s machinations, jealousy and obsession. How can this relationship work?

This was just sad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJasonClearwater@JasonClearwater
Update: April 2021 I haven't been active on Lit in years, and won't be for the foreseeable future, but I felt like an update was in order, to let everyone know I'm still alive. . About me: I'm gay, and more interested in D/s than ass-plundering, which is why I don't waste ...