All Comments on 'It's Not what It Seems'

by richardbedfordwhite

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Not too bad

For a fantasy crime tale, found Jon and John a little confusing. Thanks for your efforts.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

So what happened to Quintec? Did EDR, buy them out instead? Don't open a hole you don't plan on filling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Murder she wrote

A dumb crime drama. To much of a plot to be believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
YAY!

GOD, DO I LOVE SUITABLE PAYBACK!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
I gave it a 3

once again, she didn't trust her husband enough to talk to him but you believe someone you've never met. Love at its best.

KingBandorKingBandorover 3 years ago

Mollie is not rohypnol, it is the name for X.

Boy it sure is lucky the MC has superhero Superspy buddies who can bind, torture and kill without anybody catching on. What on Earth do normal people without assassins for friends do to survive?

You wrote: "The first thing I thought of was how you went through a similar ordeal. " Uhm, how did she know what had happened to her husband when he hadn't told her yet?

You advanced the story 52 (strangely specific) years, which means the epilogue 2 happened in what? 2072??? Wow, will Amazon still be around in 52 years? You sure it wasn't Alibaba?

Fatass47Fatass47over 3 years ago
Good read

Loved the Epilogue #2. Great way to end a good story.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
A little OTT

Maybe a little OTT, but still an entertaining story. I like anything where the bad guys go down hard. Drug induced cheating doesn't really count, but lack of communication is always bad.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

I've noticed your male role leader in all your stories always has trust issues with his wife before he finds out she got a bad deal too, and he's always going to give her a little dose of not being trusted when they talk it all over at the end. I think this issue needs to be re-thought as well, if my husband gave me that little dose, he'd be finding himself living alone because if he doesn't trust me, I'm out of there. I refuse his educational material.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
IT'SOKAYSORTA WELLNOTREALLY ACTUALLYCOMMONANDBORING

Hey, thanks for your work.

Umm, keep on writing. Repetition makes you better, I hope.

AMerryman

fritz51fritz51over 3 years ago
Yeah, maybe a little OTT, but...

What the hell, this is Lit, not a library non-fiction section and deserves a decent score.

The mistakes of mixing up the drugs used is easy to ignore, who cares? They were drugged.

What struck me was Jon's lack of trust of his wife, considering that he already knew that the folks behind the attacks were capable of drugging a victim (Jon) and making it look as if he voluntarily had sex with those women.

He assumed that she willingly put herself in harm's way, why? Wouldn't extending her the benefit of doubt be more reasonable? Her going to meet the guy that had "the evidence" of her husband's infidelity in a public place is not reckless. It's not a leap for her, under the guise of safety, due to the secretary being there, to go to what was supposed to be an office.

She had NO Fault in this story. Both were strategically attacked by capable creeps.

Jon's initial attitude toward his wife was out of line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was...

....long and stupid story. Once the wife woke up, why didn't she call or go to the police to report she had been rape? This was a big stupid ordeal for a guy to get back at his xgirlfriend don't you think?

After the husband got them killed, why the police and their families did not look for them and investigated the husband? = *

FifteenyearscotchFifteenyearscotchover 3 years ago
What'd you expect?

Any woman that gets a tattoo on or next to her P***y is a fucking idiot, so you should expect more stupid decisions to follow. The only tragedy in this story is that he married the wrong woman!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Disagree

Disagree with him going back to her.

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
NOT ENJOYABLE

Too convoluted, crazy and confusing. A good story is easy to follow and not contrived with complex situations... This story was a mixed-up failure... BIG TIME. Worst thing I've read on this site in a VERY LONG TIME! Where are the negative ratings when they are needed? This story is as close to rubbish as the wire fence that usually surrounds it. I can't imagine Amazon being happy to be in any way connected to such a stupid and sordid tale. I feel unhappy just reading the trash!

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
With A Bit Of Editing

this could be a strong story. Comments below give a good synopsis of the plot goofs. Add in some obvious misspellings, grammar, and word choice errors and RBW has missed his potential. Super to see a new author make such an excellent start on Lit. Thanks RBW,

Keep 'em comin'.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

5 stars for the revenge aspect. When she did anal during the gangbang; had she EVER done anal with her husband?? If not, Hubby should insist in anal for reconciliation to happen!!!

AbctoyAbctoyabout 3 years ago
Good read

Not much in the way of criticism, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nicely done. It reminded me more of a suspense paperback novel instead of a LW story. You took your time writing the story and it was appreciated. Well Done, 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sorry but this was a poor excuse for a LitErotica story. I've read two so far with The Rosewood Box being too long and boring plus it was disjointed and this one was filled with so much bullshit filler that I almost quite after page two but wanted to see how dumb he thought his readers were in their fantasies. Ain't gonna read no more of his trash.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

2 for this story just because I am a veteran.

Most of the mil stuff was not that noteworthy and poorly describes what really happens - it looks like it was made for TV. However, the date rape stuff was more than real and scary. Anyone caught using that stuff needs life in prison and the prison must be close to the Arctic Circle. You certainly would not need fences to keep the prisoners from escaping and the polar bears would make a nice hot lunch out of any that tried.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am a Vet.. Was not Exciting or unusual story. Hoo HUM actually so I gave it a 2. Probably could of modified Story line and got a rating of 4 or 3 to 4. I write this from extensive Military and government employee service while married twice.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Great story! A thank you and a big fat 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

BLARNEY. She was already a slut; just had him fooled. Her plan was to catch him in flagrante and walk away with his millions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

what in hell does ANOMONYOUS mean?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The revenge, corporate espionage part was fine but the military flashbacks were unconvincing and broke the flow of the story. Also, a few more twists and turns uncovering the revenge plot would have made for a more interesting read

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok only. Didn't take emails serious enough.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Cant say why but it really did nothing for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sounds like a pretty far fetched plot, to get back on a woman who broke up when they were DATING! One of the reasons women are attracted to confidant men, is because you want to date a man, who has had romantic encounters, has broken up with, or been dumped by other woman. In other words, has experience. Dating is a time for both men and woman to figure out, what they are looking for. Dating a guy who can’t get dates from other woman, and becomes possessive of you, is a recipe for disaster. Run.... far away!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

you write well but you live in a fantasy world. The marriage was over when she drank the drugged water,then the issuing events filmed and sent to the husband.

B3ndoverB3ndoverabout 2 years ago

I loved the revenge part but the story itself was average

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry, but the fact she was drugged does not change the fact her cunt is now soiled, her ass sullied and her breasts befouled. She will always reek of the stench from what her foolishness allowed those men to do to her. He should have banished the besmirched bitch from his life.

moultonknobmoultonknobalmost 2 years ago

Just another load of rubbish

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

After 2.5 pages, What?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Spoiled at the end.

When crunch time came, she believed the lies, not her husband. She was warned that someone was playing games. So what happened to her was her own fault. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Help her get past it for old time's sake, then dump her as a bad investment.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

Clueless husband set up for cheating, wife goes slut mode and was "supposedly" drugged, actually cheats. Beta cuck hubby takes her back.

I mean it's not like this has been on here dozens of times...

Unoriginal, unrealistic and pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

God, the people that read these stories, then think they have the right to comment. She never slept around, cheating on him. He was drugged, then the advantage of with pictures. She was shown the pictures, then drugged, had pictures taken that he saw. He sure as hell wasn't clueless. Clueless are the people reading this. One wants her dumped because her cunt is soiled. With that thinking, what about his cock? Apparently two prostitutes is OK?? This sure looks like a two way street; they took several months to work it out. Who else wanted them? Don't you hate people that have shit for brains?? Keep writing.

moultonknobmoultonknobover 1 year ago

Another complete load of bullshit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

all stories are bullshit

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

I don't get the comments or the logic of the mc to be pissed at her for but trusting the photos were fake. He sent to be ok believing she just slutted out and went full gang bang for revenge until proven otherwise. Wtf was there to forgive? Recover, heal, overcome the psychological impact .. Yeah. Even both feeling the other was soiled ... Illogical as it is, is a valid feeling. But actually acting like she cheated when he found it the truth? Stupid. This story made little sense. For have been good but the reactions... And the lack of emotion in the dialog, especially between mc and wife just didn't do it for me.

The comments though show the craziness of the people reading these stories though... As well as the chauvinism and hypocrisy of people.... To think they feel good being drugged and figured I'd no big deal, but when the same happens to her she's a slut and the marriage is over... What a loser of shit in the comments for a load of shit of a story....

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

Trigger duty. Is was ok but execution was mediocre. Worst the idea he was pissed at her even after realizing she was drugged is busy. I can see official issues afterward where he feels she has some blame and she feels the same about him and herself, but right after he finds out?

The dialog was also very cold. Not emotion in anything with including the dialog... To think after that ordeal their first being would be a logical regurgitation with him putting her on notice not to lie because he'll call her out. Time for her to divorce his holier than thou ass not for cheating... He didn't... But for being an asshole.

That said, the college we're telling if people in this site and I hope not an accurate portrayal of humanity in general. To think people are ok with his being drugged and raped... She should not only get over it but not even question the photos of him with two women getting a blowl job and fucked. But when SHE is drugged and raped she is a spoiled slut and should be divorced. What hypocritical chauvinist bullshit. These are just stories, but your comments give insight to you and your lack of humanity and it makes me sad.

Terrible bullshit story.... And I usually try not to be negative to writers here giving their time and talent freely.... With tribe bill shit comments from so many. I guess the writer was successful though in bringing out discussion and pain of the readers though...

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

I clearly should write comments from my phone 😏🥴

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Too far over the top. Very unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

She didn't get tested either or take a Plan B pill?.Or got to.the police, once test results came in? Might be gard yo.prove but woukd spur and investigation. And would help.with reconciliation with husband. Her going to meet thr Anonymous Emailer, while in hindsight stupid, was not a betrayal after the video she saw of her husband. She did set out to get a revenge f$ck. She just wanted answers and paid a huge price. Obviously hunny and his associates too care of the "problem" off page. Seemed to be more than a bit implausible but heynit is fiction.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well put together! Characters are developed and clear. Writing is good. Edited so I did not feel like the story was not professional. Reminds me of a Mitch Rapp novel by Vince Flynn. For a site like this, it is a treat for which to give thanks.

The Hoary Cleric

PS What is it with commentators that want to nitpick what happens in an author's world. They just make themselves out to be narcissistic *********.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Loved the ending

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

only complaint is once she woke up and knew she was raped she did nothing. No cops, no drug test, std test, plan b, nothing. That is not real life.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Like the other anon said - she did nothing? He didn't insist she get tested for STD etc?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous