All Comments on 'It's Only Dinner'

by gstein

Sort by:
  • 232 Comments (Page 3)
fishgetterfishgetterabout 2 months ago

Decent 5* story. A few typos, but then what story has escaped them? Keep going with the BTB, no RAAC is expected. If they cant stand the heat, let them stay on the porch. :)

sjmbsrfsjmbsrfabout 2 months ago

Very entertaining story giving a very convincing analysis of how a hitherto faithful wife deluded herself and attempted to convince her husband that she only had innocent intentions and would never do anything to compromise her marriage. The plot and dialogue are very good and the author's treatment of this theme is original and very engaging.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 2 months ago

For some reason this really got to me, as a story, it just flowed, it felt right, how you wrote it and how you portrayed the characters, the plot just that bit different, but by enough to make it more realistic than most.

Good job.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

"And we didn't think you'd find out." - Hell, they practically announced it!

\

"But it wasn't only dinner was it?" - And she KNEW it wasn't only dinner when she said that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Are you planning a sequel to this? It has a good plot but the ending feels unfinished. The husband has been wronged and any follow up had better stick to character and let him have his dignity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

They never made it to dinner

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A perfect and fitting ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

In your epilog you say Emily is trying to get money to go to Africa. I'd like to see a continuation where she gets there and finds Mark and persuses a reconciliation with Mark. I need happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Happy ending. The guy has a chance to live the future with a "keep the legs together" partner.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 1 month ago

This story sucked.

114FSO114FSOabout 1 month ago

Finish the story. Give it something. Even if it is all Unicorns and Rainbows. Or she is kidnapped and sent to work in a Somali whore house.

At a minimum, some kind of ending. Blow them all up in a bloody diamond mine. That's one that hasn't happened yet.

InfosaugerInfosaugerabout 1 month ago

I would like to read a second chapter in africa.

The only bad spot on this is the negative impact on the climate change campaign. I assume most americans still don't believe in climate change and live like that.

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 1 month ago

No, he managed to keep it in his pants and if he commits again he deserves the same in return.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Climate change at least in part is nature climate has changed without human intervention in past and will again also people see this as disregarding human life ev that are too expensive in every way and pollute more than gas its virtue signalling invest in something that works and doesn't destroy jobs and economy like fusion and making petroleum industry that is already cleanest in world

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 1 month ago

What conservative media?? LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So Emily had something that took over her, Damon made an error in judgement. Where is the cuck RAAC ending that shitstein is so famous for?

shadrachtshadracht29 days ago

I didn't care for much of this. Too much pain, zero joy. There wasn't even really much retribution, as that was all just told in summary while the pain and betrayal was writ large. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

This is an odd story for me. To be honest, I don't particularly like any of the characters.

Emily is a liar and a cheat and a manipulator. She can't be trusted ever again.

Damon is a scum bag though honestly, I think he comes out the best in this story from a character perspective. He had sex with a married woman after her husband let them go out and she more or less showed her privates to him while getting into the car. But he seemed to honestly want them to fix their relationship and seemed at least a little remorseful.

And Mark? He's an ass. I don't blame him for divorcing Emily. Not at all. It showed backbone and self respect. I do think his revenge against Damon was petty especially because it impacted innocents as well. I will admit my feelings about him are colored because I just don't like big game hunters.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Good for Mark. no person like Mark would get back together with an Emily.

The problem being for Emily that Mark can easily do much better.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

A man would have to be out of his mind to even consider seeing her again let alone reconciling.

desecrationdesecration11 days ago

She made her choice. If he takes her back, she will do it again.

AmbulAmbul11 days ago

O.K. So there is a smidgeon of hope that Emily can persuade Mark to remarry her, or at least get back together with her. Damon’s confession to Mark made a difference, but it may take a while for it to sink in. In the short term Mark is clearly not ready to think about anyone but himself. I hope the author picks up the story and gives us his take on what happens next with Mark and Emily.

deependerdeepender11 days ago

Interesting story. Very cowardly of you to hide behind prejudices against liberals and environmentalism. You now owe it to your readership to write a similar story about a federal judge taking a guy's wife to a MAGA rally. Recent studies show that Republicans are five times more likely to cheat that democrats. Better yet, write one about Kevin McCarthy romancing MTG. That will balance the scales quite nicely.

MountainMan1336MountainMan133611 days ago

I enjoyed this story and gave it 5 stars. I liked Mark's personality, and the fact he was not buying into his wife's crap. She did prepare way too much for it just to be a dinner, she also left their home with sex on her mind. However, I think Damon got off way too easy, he shows up with every intention of having sex with that cheating slut. Otherwise, he would have invited Mark to the dinner also, if he was a true gentleman. And there never can be a true reconciliation, because Mark will always know that Emily is a cheater and will always cheat. No man can live with that and consider himself a man. "One and done" is the moral to this tale.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

I don't think Emily grasps how evil she is to her now ex husband.

The plotting and cheating alone are evil. But it was the gaslighting that puts her in a special category of hell. When he made reasonable complaints about her dinner date and he had loads of reasons, she used his love for her as a club to attack his ego and call him paranoid and jealous.

Most people would have divorced her before the gasligting. But calling him crazy for pointing out all the very real concerns he had. Using his love against him. That's evil. That's something you'll never forget. If she's capable of that then she's got an ugly soul. Doesn't deserve to be a mother to kids. She's just a gross person.

26thNC26thNC11 days ago

Emily just had to try out the Big Black Clown and it cost her a great marriage. Damon should be watching his back for a long time.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Meh. Three stars. Too narrative driven, and too preachy. And frankly, the authors notes at the end were redundant and added nothing of value, except that Damon was identified as an African American, which frankly is not germane to the story's arc. Again, three stars for a rather uninteresting tale.

/

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

After further consideration, I change my rating to two stars. Best I can do.

/

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

I’m sorry but this was just an awful read. My impression is that the author has a 750 word story he tried to stretch out. It was an endless repetition of already stated information. 1*

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Why?!

What wimpy cuck is going to let his wife go on a date with his permission.

What wimp seeing her all dolled up didn't have it all set up to get the whole thing in color.

What wimp goes and talks to other half of cheaters afterwards when he has smelled him all over her

Not a man But a wimpy cuck

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

I don’t understand why the thinly-veiled plan wasn’t disrupted. It’s not like Mark didn’t know what was happening so perhaps he just decided that he wanted out of the marriage and to smear the two? I didn’t really get the sense that either Mark nor Emily loved each other.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd28 days ago

The basic premise is BS. He watchs his wife prepare for her Date and continues to allow her to go and gives his blessing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergstein@gstein
The truth is, I wanted to be an English major and teach... Chaucer, Byron, Shakespeare, Pope, Hemingway, Caldwell, Faulkner, Steinbeck, Hugo, Pound, Fitzgerald, Williams etc etc etc etc... In Senior English she told me that I had talent. I've read everything worth reading. ...