All Comments on 'It's Too Cliché...Right? Ch. 10'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
jacksjoojacksjooabout 7 years ago
Really Healthy!

Great to see Brad take some action and get his head clear of all the paranoia that Evan drags around with himself. Hope Evan figures it out and wakes up, but if not Brad is a lot better off without him.

Anyone who has a same sex lover and thinks that only straight is "Normal" has nothing to offer their lover but pain, low self-esteem, hurt and tears. No sex is worth that!

Great story, beautifully written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Aww

Good for Brad! I'm sad they broke up but I'm happy he's finally standing up for himself.

sm1982sm1982about 7 years ago
Lol

How come some folks don't take advantage of the A/N? There are two chapters left for Brad and Evan to work out.. Pretty sure Evan will fight for Brad in tomorrow's uploaded submission..I wasn't a fan of how Brad said he wouldn't tell Evan his feelings until Evan was ready to come out and he did it anyway. He has his own self to blame for that one. As a straight black woman, I couldn't imagine having to tell the world, "no you fucktards I'm not straight even though you shouldn't assume that EVERYONE is" but Evan wasn't ready, whether from convincing himself he wasn't yet or he really isn't ready to open up about himself being gay as he is reluctant to let others in after his FL experience and Brad damn well knew this!

This is on Brad for accepting to be in a secret relationship knowing he wasn't happy with having to hide! Don't agree to do something to temporarily make someone else happy. Evan would NEVER have to be placed in a position now to tell folks he's gay in order to be with Brad when he isn't ready just because Brad couldn't tell him the truth. And he's asked Brad what's wrong only for Brad to lie. So much for Brad's patience. And being the proud SAG president, he's messy smh

jay5515jay5515about 7 years ago
Good

Honestly, I am glad that they broke up. For now. I am still a sucker for happy endings. Their relationship just wasn't healthy; Evan should have been honest with Brad. His feelings of not wanting to be gay are perfectly normal, and however long he is in that phase is totally dependent on him, but after four months of being with Brad he should have talked about his feelings with him. I just don't feel the chemistry between the two characters. There was one scene where Evan got jealous, and that's the only scene where I felt that Evan may like Brad. After their sex scene it was back to chemistry-less interactions. Maybe, and I hope so, it's because Evan is getting his own story in the sequel. I like this story but I don't much care for Evan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Seriously?

A mother discusses her sex life with her 2 sons?

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's note

Well, there is always two sides to a coin. I won't say who is wrong and who is right, because for me, both of them have made mistakes. While it's true that it's healthy for Brad to end a relationship where the other party isn't contributing as much, we must also remember that we don't really know the full story with Evan. Well, I do, but that's not the point. Lol. Evan isn't an open book so it's only fair to assume that not everything is known about him just yet. He has a lot of personal issues he has to deal with which affects how he handles the world around him. Again, you'll probably see Evan in a different light come the sequel.

Of course, on the other hand, Brad does have a role to play as well. He had willingly gone into the relationship knowing that it would be on the down low. He knew the risks and still went ahead with it. He kept saying that he was going to be patient, but in the end it didn't last. Sure, you may argue that as a gay man he should respect Evan's coming out process but you must also remember that he is young. He's conflicted because a part of him wants to give Evan his time, but the kid in him just wants to be happy. It doesn't help that Brad has lived in an environment where he does not need to worry about his orientation his entire life. To him, it's not that big a deal for Evan to come out because everyone would be supportive. As a kid, you try to think about yourself more than you do others and it's not their fault. Also, he wasn't so much angry that Evan was taking awhile to come out, but that he could never talk about it, Evan shutting down the topic. He's frustrated and somewhat hurt.

And what's wrong with a mom talking about sex. It's not like she's going into detail what she does in bed. Both Brad and Tim are old enough to understand the concept of sex and she's just the kind of parent to not care about such things. Heck, I sometimes talk about sex with my mom so I don't see what's the problem?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

While I agree that Brad knew the situration going in, like many people that are much more mature than he is, he probably thought that he could somehow change Evan and that they could become an openly gay couple. We also don't get more than a glimpse of their relationahip so we don't really know Evan at all. It is difficult to get invested in them as a couple when we only get to see Brad's side. While I feel sad for Brad I'm not sure the timing is right for them as a couple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Is it not a cliché that all protagonists eventually end up together? Lol

I love Brad and Evan separately, but somehow I wish Brad holds his ground and doesn't patch up with Evan so easily. If Evan is not certain about himself, or what he deems 'natural', he is clearly not ready for a relation. They need a break.

See you are such a talented author that I am writing paragraphs about Brad and Evan as if I have known them my entire life. :D also I had earlier written about wanting more drama, so thanks for the drama. ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I hate this story as much as I love it....

Why hate it? Because it's not a neat little HEA, but then when have any of your stories started out that way??? Loving the story and the fact we don't have to wait months for the next chapter!!!!

And as far as a mother talking to her kids about sex, or even her sex life.....why the hell shouldn't she? She's not giving details and her kids are old enough to talk about it. I myself raised my now 23 year old daughter and never lied to her about the things I did as a teenager, be it sex, drugs, or whatever. It resulted in a relationship with her where she feels comfortable talking to me about anything as she knows I will not judge her! While she may not tell me everything, I know if I ask her a question she won't lie and she knows she can ask my advice about anything!

LeannimalLeannimalabout 7 years ago
A sequel??

Am I reading your comment right musicfreak?? So not only are there two more chapters already submitted but you're planning a sequel also?!! I'm not sure if I want to kiss you or kick you for that comment!! I completely agree with anonymous that I love this story and yet hate it at the same time!! Oh well, so long as you keep writing I will keep reading.... much love to you MusicFreak, you have brought much joy to my life through your stories!! 💋

ADpenthouseADpenthouseabout 7 years ago

Something must've happened in florida. Something always happens in florida LOL

This was some major drama,well good for brad cuz he was hella bored on a saturday :)

ADpenthouseADpenthouseabout 7 years ago

I just read your reply for my comment and i'm like Woah! i'm beyond happy that you've already considered of a book-3

You said its jake and someone we already know...so is it that sex obsessed locker room guy? You know what? Don't tell cuz we're gonna wait :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Growth and pain

Will they end up together? Maybe, after they have grown uo a bit. And maybe Evan needs to see what being alone does, because I don't think it will be so easy for him to get over Brad. I'd like to see them work really hard at getting past their difficulties to really fall in love all over again. Sometimes the second act, or the second time around, can be a really loving redemption because they've gone through the pain and been toughened together.

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's note

I guess it is cliché when all the protagonist get together in the end. Lol. But I guess that's one of the exceptions I have to make because if I didn't, I'm pretty sure there will be raised pitchforks and torches.

Yes, both the guys need to have time apart to grow before the relationship can flourish. The way things were, things would not have gone anyway much, because there was somewhat of a communication breakdown between Brad and Evan. This fight and subsequent break up brought to light issues that both boys have been thinking a lot about. For Brad, it is Evan's denial about his sexuality and for Evan...well, I can't spoil the sequel now can I. Lol.

@Leannimal: Yes, you read right. There will be a sequel to this story. One that takes place in Evan's POV. In it you'll learn more about the mysterious Evan Trevorrow as well as his thoughts during those many long pauses in his conversations with Brad.

@ADpenthouse: I LOLed at your Florida comment. But Brad's Saturday sure ramped up quick, wouldn't you say? Lol. Talk about things excalating quickly. As for book 3, it could very well be Jason, the sex crazed locker room guy. Or maybe it's Pete, the awakened supposedly straight guy from the bathroom. Heck, Jake is bi. Maybe it's a girl. Melissa maybe. Lol. Only I know. Mwuahaha.

baikalisanbaikalisanabout 7 years ago
You are evil....

💚👀💚

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Loved this story - can't wait for he next installment/sequel! Any idea when that might be? :) I need my fix lol

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Author's note

Well considering that I've just started writing the sequel, probably not for a while. I am a pretty slow writer, as you could probably tell from my yearly story updates lol. I'll try to get it out ASAP though not at the expense of putting out shoddy work. I'm sure you guys understand. After all, a bad sequel is as good as no sequel, am I right?

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 6 years ago

I'm sad they've broken up, but it seemed like it was a crash just waiting to happen, think we've all been in this situation, only your characters didn't take a long as some to work it out. I hope your kind too them, and they find their way back, just love your story telling, awsome.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous