OFM 02 - Jack O'hara - One for a Kill

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Breasts. Breasts were pushing against my back. She moaned once again. I lay passive, not knowing who it was with me.

"It's okay Jack, you can touch me if you want." It was Marie.

"You know I can't."

"Can't or won't?"

"Does she know you're in here?"

"No. It's still early. I'll go if you want me to."

I was really undecided. Feelings were stirring. Feelings I haven't felt for a very long time.

"Yes, please. You still are a very beautiful woman. If it wasn't for my feelings for someone else..."

"I know Jack. I'll wait."

She was propped up on her arm. She leaned in and kissed my cheek. She slipped out of bed and was gone. A vapor in the darkness. I closed my eyes and shivered. I dropped off to sleep.

* * * *

When I woke a weak light was trying to wend its way in through the window. I blinked. Looked at the bedside clock and grunted. Almost twelve hours. My stomach growled. I was hungry. I rolled out of bed, dressed and headed to the kitchen. It looked as if I was first up. Rudy rolled his eyes at me as he climbed to his feet. Nodding I opened the back door for him. He was out in a flash.

First things first. I poured kibble into Rudy's bowl, then freshened up his water. Then I turned to my needs. I pulled the fridge open, stood there looking at a lot of nothing. There was fresh milk. Marie must have went out. I hope she hadn't drawn attention to herself. Opening a cabinet I pulled down a box of cereal, poured some in an clean bowl and pour some milk over it.

Rudy came in, pushed the door close and went to work on his breakfast as I went to work on mine. I was just finishing when Marie came out of the other bedroom. She scowled at me as she ducked into the bathroom. Some place I suddenly realize I should use as soon as possible. I stood, I rushed over to the bathroom and waited. It wasn't long before Marie came out almost bumping into me as I hurried in.

When I came out a few seconds later, Denise was waiting. I nodded at her. She smiled at me, pushing past me. The door closed in my face. I returned to the kitchen to clear my dishes and found Marie using them.

"Not quite hygienic..."

"I know you don't have any diseases I need to worry about," she said flatly. "In fact, it's been a long time since you even caught a cold. How is that possible?"

"Clean living and robust immune system," I shot right back.

"Yeah, I bet," she said chuckling.

"What's for breakfast?" Denise asked as she joined us in the kitchen.

"Same thing we had for dinner, dear," Marie replied.

"Ah well, the dead can't be choosey." Denise fixed herself a bowl of cereal.

I chuckled as I opened my gun safe. I pulled two shotguns out along with a box of double ought buckshot. I loaded the two shotguns and placed extra shells in the clips on the stocks. Marie was standing by my side as I laid the second shotgun next to the first.

"Expecting trouble?" she asked.

"Always," I told her. "Which handgun would you like to use?" I asked pointing at the gun safe.

"I like a 1911, but I don't see one..."

"I only have the one, its mine," I said.

"I guess the Sig will do."

I pulled Sig from its place on the shelf. Grabbed two clips and handed them to her. Marie turned to the counter. Set the two clips down, pulled the slide back on the gun and looked in the chamber. Letting the slide go, she picked up a clip and slid it in the butt of the gun. Pulling back the slide she let it go, ramming a round into the chamber.

"This will do. Who are we hitting?" Marie was smiling just a little too wide for my tastes.

"We aren't hitting anyone. You and Denise will be staying here. These are for you to use if some undesirables show up. Defense only. Don't go looking for trouble where there is none. Understand?"

"Yes, sir," she said throwing me a mock salute.

"Marie!" Denise scolded.

"Fine. Sorry Jack," Marie croaked in way of an apology.

"No problem Doc. You're kind of cute when you try to be grown up." I smiled at her to take some of the sting out of my words.

Denise giggled from her seat at the counter. Marie scowled at her. I chuckled once again.

"What handgun is Denise going to use?"

"Denise?" I nodded at her. She got up and went to the bedroom.

"This," she said laying the .380 on the counter top.

"Nice. Have you shot it yet?"

"Yes, twice. Hit the target each time."

"How big a target and what range?"

"About the size of mans knee. One at fifteen feet the other only about foot."

"Knees?"

"I don't want to talk about it anymore. Besides I was mad at the time."

"Okay. Remind me not to get you mad."

"You have nothing to worry about, I'll never be mad at you."

"Wanna bet?"

"No."

"So ladies...while I'm out talking to Kolinsky, you two will stay here."

"What about food? Your cupboards are bare."

"Freezer in the utility room. All kinds of stuff in there."

"How long will you be gone?"

"I don't know. Hopefully not longer than this evening."

I picked up a shotgun and handed it to Denise.

"Whoa, this is heavy," she said holding the gun tighter.

"It kicks like a mule," Marie said picking up the other shotgun.

"I thought that was bucks like a mule?" Denise asked.

"Handguns buck, shotguns kick," Marie told her.

"Oh."

Chapter 12

"I'm leaving. Don't answer the door. Don't answer the phone. Don't use your cell phones. Don't use the computer. Don't let anyone see you. If someone breaks in, shoot them. No warning, no nothing, just shoot them, they are trespassing. If they have a gun, it's criminal trespass. Shoot them. If they come in and don't yell police, warrant, shoot them. Clear?"

"Yes," they both said.

"What if the real police show up?" Marie asked.

"Don't answer the door. If they are real police they will go away. If they break in, shoot them, unless of course it's Jimmy, then only shoot him a little bit."

"But..."

"No buts...the only time you open the door is to let Rudy out. And only the back door. Clear?"

"Yes. Will he tell us when he needs to go out?"

"He will, but if he is growling and snarling, don't let him out. He will attack anyone out there, which might be bad."

"What about work?" Sue asked.

"Crap, crap. Alright, you go to work. When?"

"I have to be there at noon today."

"Okay, good. I'll call Jimmy and have him...no, that won't do. Okay, just go, take the SIG with you. If anyone approaches you..."

"I know, shoot them," Marie said.

"...only if you have to. If you can't get them to back off with just pointing the gun, then shoot them."

"Oh I will," she said.

"Denise, I'm sorry you will be left alone for a good part of the day...

"No problem. Rudy and I will stay in and become hermits," Denise said. Marie giggled.

I was glad that was settled. I was glad Denise was in good spirits. I hated to leave Denise alone, even though Rudy would be with her, so much could go wrong, but I didn't have any choice.

"The backdoor is already locked and bolted, do the same to the front when I leave."

"When are you leaving?" Marie asked eyebrows raised.

"Now, I'm leaving now."

"Oh. So now?" God damn it Marie, you are so easy to like. Damn it.

"Yes now," I growled.

I pulled the door open and left. As I drove I made several calls to find out where Gregore was going to be. I found out he always ate lunch at Giovanni's over on tenth street at twelve-forty every Thursday. It was ten in the morning, I had two hours to kill. I should probably go back home. Not the cabin, to my house. I was soon pulling up in the drive and into the garage. I let the door close before I got out of the car. Nobody rushed to get in before the door closed.

I got out of the car and went in the house, quietly. It was just as I had left it. I relaxed a little. I then cleared the rest of the house. I was alone. I relaxed. I turned on the TV and watched some news. I saw the report about Denise being dead. I watched Jimmy lie his ass off and look like he was telling the truth.

After awhile I got antsy and started to pace as I tried to think thing through and figure out who was trying to kill Denise and why?

* * * *

I was sitting across from Giovanni's at twelve-thirty. I only had a short wait. Gregore's car pulled up in front. He and his bodyguard popped out and went inside. The car pulled a ways and parked further down the street. The chauffeur walked back to the restaurant and went inside. I saw Gregore being seated at a table up front, by the window. The restaurant was in a store front of a long strip mall. The food was excellent. The service was superb. The wine world class.

I got out of my car and walked across the street. Taking a deep breath, I pulled the door open and stepped inside. A very familiar face was beaming at me over the counter.

"My friend, long time no see," Leo Giovanni said not to softly.

"Leo my friend," I replied holding out my hand.

He took it and we shook. He then pulled me into a bear hug. Pushing me back he looked at me.

"It has been a long time, Jack," Leo said.

"It has Leo and I'm sorry, but you know, business."

"Ah, yes, business. Can I show you to a table, my friend?"

"No, I'm meeting someone," I said nodding toward Gregore.

"Ah, yes, business."

"It would be real nice if we weren't interrupted..."

"Say no more my friend," Leo said turning to the bar. "Vinnie, Bobby, come here please." He turned back to me. "I will take care of it." I nodded.

"Thanks, Leo, you are a good friend."

I walked slowly toward Gregore's table. I could hear Leo telling Vinnie and Bobbie what to do. When I was standing at Gregore's table I pulled out the chair across from him and sat down. He stopped moving, his fork half way to his mouth, full of pasta. Without a word, he glanced over at his guys and nodded. As they started to get up, Vinnie and Bobbie appeared, pushed them back down into their seats.

"No need to bother the gentlemen," Vinnie said, sitting down at Gregore's guys table.

"What do you want?" Gregore asked gruffly, his accent heavy. I chuckled at him.

"I think you know Gregore. I'm sure my good friend Connor MacDonald told you all about it," I said smiling.

"I have no idea what you are talking about."

I placed my gun on the table. Gregore jerked at the sound of it hitting the table.

"So, you're going to shoot Gregore?"

"Yeah. Especially for talking about yourself in the third person. Now tell me who hired you to have Doctor Reynolds killed."

Gregore laughed. I picked up the gun and hit him up side his head. He fell from his chair.

"Get up Gregore, nice and slow, and sit down," I told him pointing the gun in his general direction.

As he sat back down, I was screwing a silencer onto my gun. Even though it would slow down the beanbag rounds, they would still hurt like hell.

"Now tell me."

Leo was at my elbow, "My friend, I hope you won't be causing any big messes in my restaurant?"

"No I won't Leo. When I shoot Mr. Kolinsky, there will be no mess. Special bullets."

"I see. Then I will leave you to it, my friend."

"Thank you Leo. Now Gregore, answer my question."

"Jack," Gregore said, his accent suddenly gone, "I can't..."

"They will kill you."

"Yes."

"Who is they?" I asked pointing the gun at his chest.

"Jack...okay, okay, Chin. David Chin."

"You better not be giving me the run around," I told him.

"I know better Jack."

"You wouldn't happen to know who hired David? It might get you off the hook with him."

"How would I know..."

"Gregore?"

"All right. He was dealing directly with the client. Some big muckity-muck, whose name I don't know. But why are you still looking, I heard she was already dead."

"She is. And I swore I would find who was responsible. If I don't find who hired you all, I will just have to settle for you and the rest to see justice served."

"Go see David. He is alone every Friday, well he is with a certain young lady every Friday."

"Where?"

"Hotel W. Room 1208."

"Like I'm going to believe you?"

"It's true. He puts the little slut up at the hotel. He owns the hotel. His only honest enterprise."

"You know if you set me up all sorts of things will happen to you. Least of which will be a visit by my good friend Mr. Stanton."

"I know."

I got up, slipped my gun in my belt and headed for the front door. Leo was there with a bag for me.

"Some of today's special. I hope to see you soon my friend."

"Thank you Leo. Thank you very much. Now if you would keep them busy for about ten minutes?"

"For you, twenty," Leo said laughing. "I never liked him anyway. And you be careful when you see David Chin."

"I will Leo, I will."

"And tell Rudy I said hi. There is bone in there for him too."

"I'll tell him, Leo. It was good see you again."

"It was nice see you too Jack. Until later."

"Later Leo."

I turned and left. I got in my car and drove away.

Chapter 13

I drove back to the cabin, making sure I wasn't being followed. At first I thought I was, but then I was on a long stretch with no cars behind me. I made several turns just to make sure. Then I headed into the countryside. I took a twisty windy way that eventually had me pulling into my carport. It was empty.

I went to the back door and unlocked it. I pushed it open and found the chain on the door. I knocked. Rudy was there sniffing, then he was whining and his tail was going two-forty in a circle. Then Denise was there. Her pretty green eye peeked around the door. She slammed it in my face. I heard her unhooking the chain. The door swung open and she was hugging me.

I picked her up, stepped in the cabin and kicked the door shut. Then her lips were pressed against mine. I dropped the bag from Giovanni's and wrapped my arms around her petite body. I was in heaven. I was kissing a married woman like I was going to take her to bed. I dropped my arms to my sides. Denise kept kissing me for a little longer. Then realized I wasn't holding her any longer. She stepped back.

"I'm sorry, did I do something wrong?"

"No, no, not at all..."

"Then what is it?" she looked frightened.

"You're a married woman." I left it at that. Short and not so sweet.

She backed away from me more. Looked into my eyes and then started to cry. Not a big emotional, screaming cry. Just a slow leaking of tears down her cheeks kind of cry.

"I'm sorry," she croaked, her voice catching in her throat.

"Denise..."

"I know how you feel about me. Marie told me."

"One of these days..."

"Please don't be mad at her, I nagged her in to submission." Denise hung her head in shame.

"I'm not mad, just a little upset that she would betray a confidence."

"Oh god, what am I going to do?"

"It's not that bad..."

"No, not about this. About what's waiting out there for me?"

"I'll take care of that Denise," I told her placing my hand on her shoulder.

She shivered at my touch. Then she leaned into me. Rudy was making noise behind us. I turned and he was sniffing the bag from Giovanni's. He knew better than to try and get into it.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her.

"A little, what I took out of the freezer won't be thawed until later tonight."

I bent, picked up the bag, went to the kitchen and placed it on the counter. Rudy followed me to the kitchen. I took out the four containers and placed them on the counter next to the bag. At the very bottom of the bag was something wrapped in newsprint. I took it out and unwrapped it. It was a chunk of bone, with the marrow still intact. I placed it on the floor in front of Rudy. He sniffed it once then grabbed it and ran off to eat it. Denise joined me in the kitchen after she locked up.

"What have we here?" she asked opening one of the containers. "Ah, meatballs in red sauce...you were at Giovanni's!"

"I was, but not to eat. As I was leaving Leo gave me this bag."

"Leo, you get to call him Leo?"

"I do. Special privilege."

"What else is there..." she said.

Opening the next container she found pasta, ziti. The third container had three small filets. The fourth container had vegetables. I took all the containers and put them in the microwave. Three minutes ought to do it.

Denise and I were eating at the table when there was a knock at the front door. She looked at the clock and shrugged her shoulders. I wasn't expecting anyone.

"In the bedroom," I whispered. She got up, grabbed her handgun and disappeared.

I went to the door and peeked through the eyehole. I didn't recognize the man standing there. I went to the window and looked out only to see two more men waiting to the side. I opened my phone and dialed Jimmy's number. The cabin was out of his jurisdiction, but he would come anyway.

"Jimmy, strangers at my cabin, I need help, asap," I told him.

"Be there in five," he said.

"O'Hara, we know you're in there, open up," the guy outside yelled.

Denise had left her shotgun on the side table. I picked it up and stood behind the counter. Rudy was sitting by the door. Waiting. A low growl emanating from his chest. I heard someone picking the locks. They would be able to pick one, but the deadbolt was a deadlock deadbolt. You needed a special key to open it.

"Damn it, I can't get this one boss."

"Knock it down," the voice said.

There was the sound of a body hitting the door. He did it three time, then quit.

"Smash the window."

The window broke. I fired a blast through the window. I heard one of them go down.

"Shit, he's in there and armed," a third voice said.

"Go around back..."

The sirens were getting louder.

"Shit! Let's get out of here before they get here."

I went to the door and let Rudy out. I followed when no shots hit the door. I heard him snarl and a man scream. There were three shots. I rounded the bushes out front and saw a man pointing a gun at Rudy. I fired, hitting him in the torso. He went down. It was a beanbag round. He was still kicking when Rudy grabbed his arm with the gun in it.

Then I was standing over him. I dropped the shotgun and pulled my 1911. He looked up at me and let go of his handgun.

"Rudy out, watch."

There was another guy lying in the ditch. His crotch was bleeding. I looked Rudy over to see if one of them had shot him. He was unharmed.

"Who are you?" I ask point my gun at his head. The sirens were almost on top of us.

"I work for David Chin..."

"God damn it Gregore you're a dead man. And you, you're going to jail for a very long time."

"I doubt that..." Jimmy's car screeched to a halt. Chin's man shut up when he saw who it was.

"Hey Jimmy, this guy here thinks he's not going to jail."

"Well, he's in for a big surprise."

"Is Tommy coming?"

"No, I told him I'd handle it. Related case and all. Samuels, get some cuffs on these assholes."

"Right Chief," Samuels replied and started cuffing Chin's men.

"They belong to David Chin," I told Jimmy.

"Really. Samuels, you and Carver take these guys to the hospital. Call ahead and get about four officers to help you."

"Right Chief."

"Inside?" Jimmy asked.

"Sure, let's go. Carver, there's a guy out front of the cabin. I had to shoot him with real bullets."

"I'll get him. Ambulance on the way."

Chapter 14

As I stepped in the front door I saw the extra bedroom door close with barely a whisper. Denise had been nosy. I just hope the asshole on the front lawn hadn't see her. Jimmy followed me in and closed the door. I reached past him and threw the bolt. He nodded and went to the kitchen.

"I heard you were at Leo's this afternoon." He was looking at the table.

"I was. Denise, you can come out, he knows you're alive," I shouted. "Come finish your dinner."

The bedroom door opened and Denise came sauntering out, gun in hand.

"Careful there young lady," Jimmy said giving Denise a wide berth, a grin on his face.