Jack's Moonlighting Pt. 02

Story Info
Jack threatens the position of deadly unseen forces.
104.5k words
4.93
17.6k
87

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/17/2023
Created 06/14/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,841 Followers

Author's Notes:

'Jack's Moonlighting' is the eighth story in the saga of Jack Danner. Minimal effort is made in this tale to explain the backstory, so it is highly recommended you read the first seven stories in the following order:

  • Jack's New Job
  • Jack's New Position
  • Jack's Daily Grind
  • Jack's Wage Slavery Parts 1 & 2
  • Jack's Snow Day
  • Jack's True Calling
  • Jack's Righteous Gig
  • Jack's Moonlighting Parts 1 & 2

All characters engaging in sexual relationships or activities are 18 years old or older.

********

Jack's Moonlighting Part 2

********

Chapter 16

Commander Freskkay Nuugaat, leader of the Krreegah Space Armada, glared at the planet displayed on the viewscreen before him. They'd detected evidence of the wreck of a Krreegah ship on the surface below, so they knew they were above the correct planet, but the world was silent. It broadcast no signals from the surface as if there was no technology at all!

His technicians reported they found signs of large cities, but they were also silent and showed no sign of any energy emissions, not even light.

They obviously had Gates as that terrible creature who attacked him at the Rjunella Gate had traveled through one with its Tik companion.

Worlds with Gates had to have advanced civilizations!

Dammit! He needed a target!

A sharp pain shot through his leaking nose once more. He dabbed it with an absorbent cloth and frowned at the mess.

His ship physician explained that repairing the damage to his snout required medical equipment only found on their home world. The sick bay couldn't deal with such delicate work.

Doctor Rammajja was becoming an impediment to his mission. She questioned his orders and was one insubordinate comment away from being restricted to sick bay.

Outside of this one annoyance, his crew was loyal to him, and all the fleet captains were males he'd handpicked from the academy. He was confident that all were dedicated to serving under him in his armada. They ruled their crews with iron discipline.

Once they punished the monsters below for their barbaric treatment of his people, he would return home with the surviving descendants of a long-lost mission to find new homes for the Krreegah. Through genetic mapping, they discovered the pelt they'd retrieved was from a descendant of a family line that had withered away and returned to dust on Krreegah. The proud warrior clan of Gaarrken was no more, but key family members had been aboard the hunter ship, the Kahrkag, so long ago. It traveled out amongst the stars to conquer new worlds for the Krreegah. Then the Tik arrived and poisoned his people's minds with promises of peaceful coexistence and species survival through the Gate Network.

The truth of the Kahrkag was buried and forgotten, lest it jeopardize their place at the Gate Network slop trough.

Freskkay was a leader in a Krreegah movement to restore the pride of the Krreegah people. They were hunters. They were leaders. They were conquerors. They were Apex!

The Krreegah gave up too much when they surrendered their manifest destiny to the weaker races of the Gate Network.

It had taken generations of covert efforts to infiltrate their world government, taking key positions in it to support their cause of species supremacy through careful policy changes and agenda management. There'd been a promising increase in confidence and aggression in the last century. Playing on the fear of the unknown coming from the outer boundary of the galactic edge, they'd established the Space Defense Commission and built a fleet of ships to defend their world against this nebulous threat.

When the Commander encountered the Dannt wearing a pelt of one of his people, his righteous fury boiled over. When he discovered it came from one of his fearless predecessors, he knew it was a sign.

Freskkay made his preparations, addressed the congress, told them of the dreadful fate of the Kahrkag, and then presented his evidence. He called upon the leaders of the Krreegah to rise up to their potential and redress this awful crime.

They failed his people when they disagreed. Foolish, fearful, and contemptuous bootlickers, every one of them.

He left the congress and immediately took his shuttle up to the armada flagship, The Fang and Claw. He issued his orders, and the fleet went radio silent as they left orbit.

If the so-called leaders of his people wouldn't act in the best interests of the Krreegah, then it was up to him and the thirty-two vessels in his armada.

"Any response to our hails from the Dannt?" the Freskkay asked.

"None, Commander. Just noise from the Tik at the Gate Terminal, who seem aware of our presence," the comm officer stated.

He frowned. "It's time to silence their interference. Drop a kinetic warhead on the terminal."

The Tactical officer grinned at him. "Aye, Commander!" He turned back to his station, entered the target coordinates, and launched the projectile. The sound of the electromagnetic accelerator firing the metal rod from the ship could be heard in the silence of the bridge.

"So begins our path to the glory we've been so long denied," Freskkay announced, and the bridge crew roared their approval.

-=-

At the back of the bridge, in the small alcove set aside for the ship's chief medical officer, Doctor Rammajja felt a cold shiver run down her spine. The madness of the commander was clear now.

She slipped away to return to her office. She had some messages to prepare for her family.

-=-

Juju floated in space, keeping an eye on the fleet of ships Tito's message warned them might show up. The assistance Tito mentioned he would return with was nowhere in sight, but Juju wasn't surprised by that. Committees moved at the pace of glaciers.

They'd passed word of the invasion to Queen Mara, and she was preparing her people. TkaTken was in charge of evacuating the Gate Terminal and the surrounding area.

Assuming the Gate Terminal might be a prime target, they estimated a wide strike zone perimeter with the most harmful weapon likely to be used. Thankfully, Queen Mara's village was a safe distance away and sheltered by some low hills before the mountain range. TkaTken made sure everyone within the strike zone was evacuated.

"Juju, any movement from the fleet?" TkaTken asked via a tight-beam link.

Visually scanning the vessels, Juju saw none had moved, but the largest of them was opening a panel on its underside. The Tik detected a sudden surge of energy, then a missile was flung toward the surface at great velocity.

"Incoming TkaTken! Aimed at the Terminal! Impact imminent!" Juju called back to its partner.

It focused on the impact location; moments later, the terminal was lost in a rising column of dirt, flames, and smoke. The kinetic missile had penetrated the power plant under the structure.

"No casualties but a lot of shaken up Dannt down here," TkaTken finally responded.

"Thank goodness they're safe! I wonder if approaching that ship to request its surrender would yield any positive results," Juju mused.

TkaTken chuckled. "Don't pretend you're Ambassador Danner! He might brawl his way through this diplomatic encounter, but we're Tik."

Juju smiled to itself. He, too, could envision Jack punching the Krreegah Commander in the nose. "Yes, I know."

It suddenly noticed a light beam touching its surface intermittently. It determined the pulses were code, and it was a call for help. "I'm being signaled from the ship by someone requesting help!"

"It could be a trap. Be cautious," TkaTken said needlessly.

Juju sent an acknowledgment response pinpointed back to the source.

The next burst came through. "The sender is indicating they are the ship's physician. They say the Commander of the fleet is mentally unstable."

"This isn't good news," TkaTken lamented.

"Maybe Jack Danner's method of diplomacy would be appropriate in this circumstance," Juju said.

"Again, I remind you, we're Tik," TkaTken said nervously.

Juju sighed. "Yes, I'm aware. I'm not going to take any violent action. I will continue to speak to the doctor. She may be able to give us some assistance."

"Does she have support on the ship?" TkaTken asked.

Juju sent the question, and the response wasn't promising. The ship's crew were the most fervent supporters of the commander.

"She's on her own," Juju sent to its partner.

"No. She has you," TkaTken replied. "Be safe."

Juju smiled to itself once more. TkaTken was right. It wouldn't abandon someone in their time of need.

-=-

Jack walked onto the bridge after conferring with the Tik. Lorrem turned to face him.

"Shadeem, we have achieved geosynchronous orbit over the Krreegah capital city, Graakkaa. No ships are in orbit or visible in their orbiting shipbuilding base. We are being hailed from the surface... actually, we are receiving two separate hails," the commander said after conferring with his comm tech.

"Can we conference them together?" Jack asked as he finished fussing with his black Altarian gown. When he returned to Altaria, he would insist on a Human design suit like Leo and Maxim's.

Lorrem smiled and nodded. He gestured for Jack to stand beside him as they faced the main viewscreen.

When it switched, they saw a male and female Krreegah standing together on the left side of the screen, wearing sashes. Their expressions were tired and cautious. Behind them was a large chamber which could have been the congress hall. There was a fair amount of activity back there.

The right side of the screen showed two large male Krreegah in what could only be called combat gear. They looked a lot less friendly.

All four suddenly leaned back as they saw the other parties had been conferenced in.

Jack spoke before anyone could protest.

"I'm Jack Danner, aboard the ship, Peacekeeper, currently in orbit above Graakkaa. This is Commander Lorrem Tessen, Leader of the Ishilon's forces and Peacekeeper. We've conferenced in both groups attempting to hail us as we've just arrived.

"State your purpose for invading our space!" the biggest of the aggressive males demanded.

"We're on a peacekeeping mission. It's come to our attention that the Krreegah have sent ships to a neighboring Gate Network member for the purpose of waging war. We have Tik representatives with us to witness this. If this is the case, they will authorize revoking Gate Access for the Krreegah.

This caused the other couple to cry out in protest. "The perpetrators are traitors to the Krreegah whose illegal actions were not sanctioned by the rightful leaders of this planet!" the female protested.

This inflamed the big warrior. "Traitors? Your weakness makes you traitors to the species! We were destined to carve out our own destiny in the stars. We are Apex!"

Jack burst into laughter. All four Krreegah stared at him in surprise. When he got control, he held up a hand and wiped his tears with the other. "Ah, heh heh, sorry, but that never ceases to amuse. You have no idea what else is out there in the dark reaches of space, do you, snowflake. Such a rookie mistake. Haven't you ever heard the universal truth, there's always a bigger predator?"

Jack waved his hands to block the angry response as they began to sputter and turned his attention to the other couple. "We're not here to interfere with your internal governance. As the legitimate ruling party, educating the might-is-right fools is up to you. After I come down to speak to you regarding some matters of importance, we will depart to put a halt to the activities the Krreegah are engaged in on Danat."

Jack spotted a Tik in the background behind the government officials. It waved at the camera as it had been instructed when Jack asked it to be the anchor point for their landing party.

"See you momentarily," Jack said, and the comm officer cut the signal as planned. He headed for the corridor outside the bridge where his team awaited.

"We're not happy about you going to the planet without us!" Gee insisted.

Jack smiled fondly at the Altarians. "I'm wearing the gown, and I'll have my Ishilon protection squad with me. It's just a short visit."

"Why are you going at all? Couldn't this be done after we return?" Bal asked.

Jack raised a finger as he stepped up to the Gate Dennesh opened for him. "Hold that thought for a moment."

He stepped through the Gate and nodded to the Tik, who rose to the ceiling to observe and record. Jack then walked a short distance down an aisle and climbed some steps to face the two officials he was just speaking to. He smiled at them and then bowed. They were stunned by his bold arrival, but his gentle and courteous behavior set them at ease. Their eyes tracked the Ishilon, who rushed here and there, ducking out of the hall momentarily to return moments later. One Ishilon remained with Jack but stood back and off to the side.

"Hi, Jack Danner!" he said.

"Pax Hillassh Larresh," the female said, gesturing to herself, "Pax Trresst Piikrra," she said, indicating the male. "Elected leaders of the Krreegah Congress, the ruling body for the planet."

Hillassh frowned as she looked at Jack in concern. "Are you not here in an official capacity?"

"Not at the moment. I hold several titles, but I won't use any on Krreegah except my role as a citizen of the Gate Network. We're here on a peacekeeping mission. Our goals are protecting the Dannt, a fellow member race, and protecting the Krreegah's right to continue to be a valued member of the Network," Jack insisted.

The couple smiled, but it was strained. "We need support who can deal with this militant group. Our police force is overwhelmed.

"Yeah, I suspect the militant leaders will be here momentarily," Jack said.

"What?" Trresst gasped and pulled Hillassh behind him.

"They were broadcasting their hail to us from within the city. I assume they plan on attacking the congress to take power for themselves. We likely bumped their timetable considerably by announcing we were visiting. They'll want to block us from stopping the invasion."

"We should run!" Hillassh cried.

A booming voice came from the side of the room. "Too late to run now!"

Jack faced the Krreegah warrior striding boldly into the chamber, two of his lieutenants at his heel. The Ishilon stood in the other entrances, and another moved into place to block their retreat. This made the two lieutenants finally realize the rest of their group wasn't following, and they were locked in the chamber with the aliens. "Braaddok," one called out to his leader.

The big one glanced back and slowed.

"Hey, if you want to run away, the Ishilon will stand aside," Jack taunted as he slowly walked toward the platform's edge.

"We run from no one!" Braaddok growled as he turned back to Jack to watch him slowly climb down the stairs.

Jack slipped his new gloves on and ensured the fingers were snug as he held the eye of the Krreegah. "So, you think you're Apex? There are races out in the Gate Network who will kick sand in your face at the beach, take your lunch money, and send you home crying for your mama."

"I suppose you're going to tell me that your race, whatever it is, happens to be one of these victors?" Braaddok sneered as he moved closer with the same deliberate pace.

"Not victors. They're called bullies. Many members of my original race fall into that category, but we aren't even close to the peak predators you'll find out there," Jack gestured to the sky. "If I were here in my capacity as Ambassador, I'd tell you I'm about to communicate with you in the language you best understand," he said calmly but loud enough for the Tik above to catch.

Then he was within the Krreegah's striking range. He saw the muscles in its thighs twitch as the warrior prepared to leap at him.

The moment it sprung, Jack dove forward faster, surprising his opponent by unexpectedly slamming his forehead into the warrior's sensitive snout with a sickening crunch. Braaddok jolted to a stop, excruciating pain exploding through his broken face, tears blinding him.

Jack landed his first punch directly against the brute's throat. He followed up with an uppercut with his left, which snapped jaws together, making the Krreegah bite through his tongue. Braaddok swiped the air where Jack would have been if he hadn't ducked under the thick arm. Jack slammed his left fist into Braaddok's now exposed right side, and his ribs broke.

Jack danced back as the warrior made another clumsy swipe with his left this time, then Jack stepped in to crack ribs on the Krreegah's left side.

It was too much for the big warrior, and he stumbled to his knees. Watering eyes looked up in fear as Jack drove his fist into his cheek, sending the Krreegah crashing to the floor, where he remained motionless. Jack confirmed he was still breathing, then stepped toward the two lieutenants, and they staggered back in shock.

"Do you understand that demonstration?" he snapped as he pulled a napkin from his pocket and wiped the blood from his forehead. It wasn't his, but he might have a bruise.

The two stared at Jack and frowned. One ventured an answer. "You're a stronger predator?"

Jack frowned. Of course, they saw answers in terms of strength alone. "No. I just had better training. I'm not even the biggest predator out there. If you use it to protect yourself and others, there's nothing wrong with being strong. Just... never use it to be an asshole." He held their eyes but saw only confusion, so he sighed. "Maybe this wasn't the best way to demonstrate my point, but you guys are using your strength to harm those physically weaker than you. That proves you're just cowards and bullies." He glared angrily at their dense expressions. "Assholes!" The two glanced at each other uncomfortably.

"It's in the interest of the Gate Network Members to come to each other's defense when one member race becomes too aggressive towards a peaceful neighbor. When you maintain good relations with your neighbors, there is support when a real threat appears. Good neighbors ensure survival and enhance prosperity and growth. The Krreegah can be strong and good neighbors at the same time. It's far more rewarding to be friends."

Jack turned his attention to the two Krreegah at the top of the stairs. "This one needs medical attention. We have to go now."

"What about the other militants?" Trresst blurted nervously.

Jack looked to Dennesh. "Shadim, they are all unconscious, as you requested. Non-lethal defensive weapons, only used in response to an attack." The rest of his protection squad began streaming back into the chamber.

Jack fixed his eyes on the lieutenants then he looked at the two smaller government officials. He glanced over at Dennesh, and she was obviously thinking the same thing he was. She stunned the brutes with a shock from her spear, and they collapsed.

The Ishilon warriors gathered together, ready to depart or storm the building at Jack's command. Uniformed Krreegah began to enter the hall, and from the look of relief on the official's faces, they must have been the police.

Jack frowned as he looked up at the two. "Shit. While it wasn't my intention, it feels like we've interfered with your internal governance after all."

"We will use our legal system to hold them accountable for their actions. We are a civil people who deeply desire to remain part of the Gate Network. Please speak on our behalf with the Tik," Hillassh said sincerely.

Jack nodded. "How many ships are we talking about?"

"Thirty-two. The flagship is called The Fang and Claw. It has the most armament, but there are a dozen battleships; the rest are smaller troop-carrying vessels. All ships left without sanction from this government after we refused Commander Freskkay Nuugaat permission to seek revenge against the Dannt," she replied.

BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,841 Followers