Jacqueline de Belleville Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Not satisfied with the murder of six innocent men, the French soldiers march towards our hacienda. Fearing the worst, my father orders the servants to flee, while he goes out to confront the French colonel in charge. We are a Spanish noble family, so despite everything we all thought we were safe. But we soon saw how very wrong we were in that assumption.

"Some sixth sense warned me to hide as soon as I saw the French seize my father. I tried to persuade Emilio and my mother to hide, but they wouldn't listen. Like a coward, I ran upstairs, leaving them looking on in horror at how my poor father was being treated.

"I hid in the attic, too afraid to come down. It was dark by the time I left my hiding place. The French had gone, but they had left the bodies of my father, mother and brother lying in the courtyard. I can't remember the next twelve hours. When I came back to my senses I was walking alone along the road to Madrid. I had nothing with me but the clothes I was wearing. I must have changed before leaving the hacienda, as I was dressed in the brightly coloured gypsy's dress my mother gave me as a present on my last birthday.

"I had no idea where I was going or what I was going to do when I got there. But the choice was taken from me when I blundered into a regiment of French troops. Their uniforms were different from the men who attacked our hacienda, but their commanding officer, Colonel Henri Galois, was a cruel and vindictive man. I was forced to go with them, and I spent several weeks as a camp follower. With nobody to protect me I was obliged to spread my legs in order to earn enough to eat. And each night Galois would make use of my body ... to fuck me if I was lucky, or to beat me if he was in a foul mood. Sometimes he did both.

"The French regiment was heading through the mountains between Spain and Portugal. They were part of a large French army moving west towards Lisbon. Fortunately it was summer or I would have frozen to death before we reached our destination.

"I was very afraid, and I had already given up all hope of escape. Our route took us along a narrow mountain road. One false step and a person could tumble down the steep slopes to a certain death. What did I have to live for? My family was all dead. Everything I ever had, or dreamed about, are now all gone. Everything I believed in has been destroyed. Instead I'm reduced to being a whore. I look down the slope, plucking up courage to take a step or two to my left and let fate take its course. But just when I summon up enough willpower, a voice disturbs my concentration. It's an old soldier sitting on a rock to my right.

"'What is it you seek, my dear?' he asks.

"'Seek? ... A way out, I suppose. A new goal in life. Something to believe in,' I reply.

"'A noble cause. But you will not find what you seek down that slope. And yet you will need to make a great sacrifice of a different kind to attain your goal. Are you up to the task?' asks the old soldier.

"The old soldier's words probably saved my life as it makes me recall something my father once said. Everyone has an angel. A guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take. One day, an old man; next day, a young girl. But don't let appearances fool you. They are not here to fight our battles; but to whisper from our heart, reminding that it's us ... every one of us, who holds the power over what we believe.

"By the time we reach the other side of the mountains I have a goal in mind. I shall avenge my parents and brother and help rid my country of the French invaders. And Colonel Henri Galois will be my means of achieving it.

"During my time with his regiment I had learnt that Galois is to be attached to General Junot's staff as a military intelligence officer. Never have I seen anyone so unsuited to such a role, especially as Galois doesn't speak any Portuguese. Which is how I get my opportunity.

"Galois had convinced himself that I am now truly subjugated to his control, and that I've accepted my lot as his mistress. Throughout my captivity I have continued to play the simple gypsy girl Galois mistakes me to be, and he attributes my skill at languages to a gypsy's travelling life. Consequently Galois sees a solution to his local language problem.

"I'm soon attending all sorts of meetings to act as his interpreter. General Junot would probably be horrified if he knew, but Galois and I make sure that he doesn't find out. Our reasons for doing so are quite different though. In his case it is to keep his job. In my case, it is to discover secrets which may help me and my country to be free of the French invaders.

"A short while later, rumours started circulating that the English were landing an army in Portugal to help the Spanish and Portuguese push the French army out of their countries. Galois dismissed the rumours with contempt and he went about his business as usual. I, however, did not. Before long I spotted a man whose behaviour suggested that he was an English spy.

"I carefully let it be know to this spy that I could help the English cause. At first he was very suspicious, but a few days later he made contact again, and I was able to tell him about the troop movements in the area of Rolica.

"After the battles at Rolica and Vimiero, Galois deserted his post and he fled into the mountains. I never saw him again. My life took a new turn. The English spy, whose real name I never discovered, introduced me to Sir Arthur Wellesley. I accepted his offer to help Spain by being one of his spies."

"So how did you meet Jules?" I ask when it is clear that Julieta has finished her story.

"During our long march over the mountains from Spain into Portugal, Capitaine Jules Legrand more than once saved me from a beating by Galois. Jules was a friend to me at a time I desperately needed one. After the French retreated from Portugal, Jules was given a posting in Madrid. He was flattered by my attentions when I sought him out a few months later. I was using him, but he either didn't know or he didn't mind. We lived together for several months until that pig of a sergeant killed him."

Julieta and I finally fall asleep, only to be woken around dawn when we hear voices from outside the barn. The door opens and two men enter our prison. Fortunately I wasn't expecting them to be bringing breakfast which saves me from being disappointed when they arrive without food. Julieta obviously recognises one of the men.

"Galois!" she says to me.

"Well, well, well!" chortles Galois. "If it isn't my pretty gypsy bitch. And you've found yourself a friend ... no wait ... don't tell me you have a younger sister! This one I must sample at once."

"Wait Henri," says his companion. "Don't be impatient. We agreed to draw lots to determine who gets to fuck these two beauties."

"Well I'm changing the agreement. The older one I claim for myself. The younger one you can share how you like once I've given her a good screwing."

"No! Stop! You ca ... Agghh!" are the last words of his companion.

Galois stands over the body of his former companion. He wipes the blood off his knife on the dead man's shirt before replacing it in a sheath attached to his belt.

"Now, my young beauty, first things first. Let me see those beautiful titties of yours," says Galois turning towards me after securely binding Julieta arms behind her with a length of rope. Whatever happens now, Julieta can do little to help me.

I refuse to obey, but my resistance is futile. Galois is far too strong for me to wrestle, particularly shackled as I am. All I get for my troubles is a ripped shirt. Galois leans forward to suck on my nipples while his hands grip hold of my upper arms. In other circumstances his attentions to my tits might be pleasant, but I'm well aware this is the appetiser to a full scale ravishing. After a while he becomes absorbed with my tits and releases my arms. I react at once. I wrap my arms around his head and guide his face into my cleavage. He doesn't realise what I intend to do, so he doesn't initially resist. But he can't breathe in that position and after a few moments he starts struggle. I clamp my arms tight, locking his nose and mouth between my tits. He tries to break free but I have wrestled stronger men than Galois in this position.

Despite being tightly bound, Julieta manages to roll on top of Galois's legs, restricting his ability to roll free of my trap. He soon starts to weaken but I dare not release my grip and make a grab for his knife. My sides are aching from the repeated punches he lands into my ribs in an effort to break my hold. But I know the consequences of letting him get free, so I endure the pain he inflicts. Finally he stops struggling but I wait a while in case it is a trick. Eventually I'm satisfied that he's dead and I let him go.

I use Galois's knife to release Julieta from her rope bonds, but the ankle chains which keep us both imprisoned in this barn remain firmly locked in place. Neither of our captors is carrying the key to our shackles. We've overcome one problem only to leave ourselves trapped among brigands. We don't need to wait long before we hear more voices approaching the barn.

"Give me the knife," says Julieta. "You distract them, while I'll slit their throats."

"We don't know how many of them there are," I reply, preferring a cautious approach rather than Julieta's reckless plan.

Suddenly everything is in chaos. Several shots are fired outside and the sounds of battle spreads around whatever camp our captors have established here. Chained as we are, there is nothing we can do but wait. We can't even reach the door to the barn to look out. After what seems like an eternity the battle fades and eventually stops. Somebody must have won the fight, and they will presumably come checking for survivors. We decide not to advertise our presence although we are only delaying the inevitable.

Sure enough, about twenty minutes later the barn door opens and Julieta and I prepare to put her earlier plan into action. Fortunately Julieta has the sense to wait until she identifies the new arrivals before she starts slitting throats. Four familiar young men come into the barn.

"Diego!" cries Julieta, dropping the knife and throwing herself in Diego's arms, stretching the ankle chain between us to its full limit.

"Let's get you out of here," replies Mateo, producing the key which will set us free. "We've chased the deserters off for the moment, but they'll return as soon as most of our men leave."

The six of us meet with a larger group of guerilla fighters who have rescued us and five other women held captive by the deserters. Once the ruined village has been checked for any other captives, we all depart for the guerilla's camp. In the relative safety of their camp we enjoy a few days of rest to recover from our ordeal.

With winter only a few months away, Julieta and I need to decide what to do next. With a French army not far away it has become too dangerous for Julieta y Jacqueline to continue their act. For Julieta, the decision is an easy one to make. She and Diego have become inseparable. Prior to the war it would have been unthinkable for couple from such different backgrounds to socialise, let alone become lovers. But all that has been swept away ... at least for now. So it's no surprise to anybody when Diego and Julieta announce their pending marriage. A local priest performs the marriage ceremony a few weeks later, and it signals the time for Julieta and I to go our separate ways once again.

Of course I've not exactly been a nun during those weeks we've been living in the guerilla's camp. Mateo, Joaquin and Tomas have all been my regular companions and I've never lacked for someone to keep me warm in bed at night. In some respects I wish this life could continue indefinitely, but I must leave before the winter snows make travel difficult. The day after Julieta's wedding, I say my farewells and set off on my long journey towards my next adventure.

"A journey to where?" asks A'isha when she reads my story.

"That's another story," I reply, angling for another chance of being excused work duty to write Hassan another tale of my adventures.

"Well I'm sure Hassan will want you to write one, but for now there's the small matter of twenty toilets in need of cleaning. I didn't think it fair that Rebecca and Caroline should do all your work today."

I groan in defeat. It's no use me complaining too much because Samed is more than ready to lay his cane across the soles of my feet if I disobey. I put my writing materials away and head off for the store room where the cleaning materials are kept.

"Before you go," says A'isha. "Are you able to do any dances in the Middle Eastern style?"

"You mean the gyrating and naked belly variety?" I ask.

A'isha nods in confirmation.

"I've done some dancing of that type, but not recently. Why?"

"Hassan is entertaining important guests later this week, and he was wanting me to organise some form of entertainment."

"Are you wanting a solo act or do you have other dancers available?" I ask, not sure which of the other young women captured with me have any dancing experience beyond the formal dancing favoured by Europe's nobility.

"There are five others who I think worth seeing what they can do. If everyone proves suitable, then you'll be a troupe of six made up of Catherine, Sally, Elena, Ruth, Julia and you. Your first practise session will be tomorrow morning after breakfast."

"What about those who lived at Wadi Halaf before we arrived?" I ask. "Are none of them suitable?"

"No free woman performs those sorts of dances to entertain men," replies A'isha. "And Jasmina and Miri aren't good enough dancers for this sort of event."

I guess I'll find out more tomorrow, but if I want to eat my evening meal with the others, then I need to clean twenty toilets to a standard which will pass A'isha's inspection. I grab the cleaning material and leave A'isha to her thoughts.

[End of part 3]