James's Descent Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Two days. But... other than this being a change in perspective... where are you going with this?" Anna felt that he had a point.

"Whenever I come, the visits are exact, I mean... there's no compression of events, it's exactly what happened. If it was not the case, I should be missing plenty of days, and one day should be more like... two months. But it's an exact scaling."

Still no idea what he was going for. The man found out why it might impact them a bit.

"I think that whenever I come here, you're essentially forced to live in 'game time', which means that things are going by much faster. But you're not seeing an increase in abilities, which could set you back." A look to the side. "I'm surprised we didn't get raided already, but I guess it could be a while. Still, I feel like it's a bad thing."

It was... a bit. Not just because they were lacking in his guidance, but because they were unable to keep up with things. This was not a solution. Whatever solution they would have needed them to unchain themselves from that representation he got... and have him inside when it happened, without any risk of return.

He'd retire outside for a smoke. This needed some thinking. Pam absolutely hated the world. Even when she could have him for good, some problem appeared. Was this how he felt? Like whenever you win, something has to shit in your face? Maybe it was her pregnancy making her feel so high-strung... but a look down would confirm it. She SAW herself growing. And was feeling starved already after just having lunch... and in need of visiting the toilet.

To add to that trouble, Anna would find herself quickly going into labor, already bursting with a new child. This time, they had the ER bot to do the procedure, but they had to admit that this was no way they could live. It was TOO fast. A fear came of their enemies essentially rushing them before they could react. No, James had to go. Solve one problem, and here comes another. He could, at least... give his sick girlfriend a long kiss before he left. The theory was confirmed when she was no longer inflating as if someone shoved a hose in her pussy.

*

Cassie was born healthy and would be resting in that crib by the end of the day. Anna still needed recovery, but she could at least talk. And someone needed some comfort. At least Pam was not growing wildly anymore, but now she was with her head down. Standing beside the hospital bed, the room looked much more fitting to be called that, with white, clean tiling under them and beds fitting the medical practice, cabinets set against the north wall holding their medical supplies, and each bed having beside it an IV stand and vitals monitor.

"I hate this."

"You are allowed to. It is quite unfair."

"It's like the fucking universe won't let us have a bloody moment to ourselves!" Deep sigh. "If I thought it possible, I'd blame the women of his world for wanting to make this impossible. Someone that's not them."

"Not that simple, but we'll find a way through. I do not know how. But we will. He will."

"Is it wrong to think that he can't? That he'll just... try and not succeed?"

"No, that's reality. But he'll try hard for you. I have faith in him."

"I keep dreaming of that day... maybe I should just... think it might never come. That he'll keep trying and I'll slowly wither away while he does. Or quickly wither away while he's here. A year in two months... the kids would grow up before we even notice, we'll turn around and they'll have their own... and we finally find a mirror and see that we're on our deathbed. UGH!"

She didn't know what to tell her daughter. This was beyond anything worldly. Pam noticed and just turned to leave, turned to walk outside. She'd sit next to that wall where they had their little moment yesterday. A look towards the sky. Maybe he was watching, maybe he was listening.

"James. No need to answer. Just... maybe I don't even want you to see this." A sigh. "I want you to find something for this... I hope you can find something for this. If I have to wait... however fucking long this game wants us to... I can. But I want... I want there to come a day when we can have those moments every day. Just waking up together, having fun here and there. I feel so... good... when you're around. Even just to be there and see you be you. Just... live life. Grow old, take all those days."

She kept her eyes on the sky. Even if the man did not see it, she felt like he could.

"Part of me says that you're just a guy. That you can't do anything about this. That it's just like that fucked-up world of yours, a moment of happiness before it takes it away and makes you suffer for it." A pause. "But, you know what... that part can go fuck itself. No matter what you say, no matter what anyone else says... You're the fucking outsider... you're a god, even if you don't look like it. And a god will not let this go. I want you to drag whatever is in charge by the hair and make this right. I know you can do it."

A smile.

"You will do it. So go on and fucking do it. This is YOUR WORLD. FUCKING COMMAND IT!"

Even if he didn't see it... the girl wanted that off her chest.

*

He was watching. After seeing that entire day run again, the man would keep a watch on the girl. And he saw it all. There was a rage boiling inside him. For the same reasons. Deep breath... don't destroy anything.

For a second, despair tempted him. Logic told him no way out. But the girl might have a point... what's the worst that could happen? He looked silly? Gathering up that rage, the man spoke in a tone that promised murder.

"You heard her, game. GIVE ME THE FUCKING WAY TO GET IN THERE FOR GOOD. Or I will find whatever is making this and unleash twenty fucking years of rage on them until they will wish they never had a chance to exist. I will find it. So, give it to me now OR I WILL FUCK UP YOUR LIFE."

A notice came. A chuckle tempted him that it might be something boring, but the coincidence was amusing. But once he skimmed the contents... the man had to do a double take. He had TWO things to process... and one was better served with another smoke. He'd go outside, even if it started to matter less if he broke this habit.

First, the man had to realize that he was an idiot. Not like there was a manual for this sort of thing, but he just realized a particular detail that seemed to apply. The world DID obey even his intentions. Perhaps he saw it as only simplified game mechanics, but if it had been real, things would have gone differently. It was more than that... the world was doing what he thought it should be doing. Consuming bodily waste was a very unhealthy thing... which many would attest to from personal experience. He wanted this world to allow that... even if he did not voice it... he wanted the world to be like out of porn, just allowing those things to happen. No issue with the incest... okay, some issues, but not as grand as on the outside. Would they have avoided the whole inbreeding thing if he only wanted it? Would it allow some other grand, crazy things that he wants normal? Something worthy of testing.

But, that also meant that it started doing that fast-forward thing only after he considered it the truth. So it was his fault. Great. But, equally... he could just believe the truth to be something else. That whenever he visits, the events of that day are in fact the summation of what happens in six months. No, that WAS the truth. Even if he had proof to the contrary. He'd forcefully believe it. No, he'd DECLARE it. If he was a god, he could do that. Worthy of testing. He'd have to go back in to try it. Better give Anna the day to recover before it. Deep breath. At worst, he'd just force another quick day. They could take that. They WOULD take that for him. Just one day.

Right, if he was a god, that was a way to check it. But... time to head inside and consider situation number two. The new "quest" was still open and he'd read it twice already, but best read it one more time because it was important.

The subject was simple: Ascension Victory.

"Brother, I know we don't talk much, but it looks like you want yourself an ascension. So, here's the deal. You need two hundred people to believe in you. Once that's done, call them and get started on your summoning. That'll bring you here for good... and I'll clean up behind you. But you better get ready. Been giving it to you easy up until now... real proud of that base, huh? Well, you'll need everything to hold out until they all show up. Do that, get the ceremony and you're in. I'll take a nice smoke break after that.

And I gotta say... good luck. Not gonna take it easy on you."

There it is. THE WAY. Yes, it was text on his computer stating that this might be his solution. Two hundred people was a significant number. The base was made to handle eighteen. But it said... believe. As in convert to the ideology. He already had a counter to show how many did so. Eight. Which was not the number of people in the base. Seemed like some had been convinced. But they were going to have to upscale that... and the easiest way was by getting prisoners and doing that in there. Looks like he has to return to having prison cells. BUT since he might do that abuse of the dead calm gene... a prison barracks was enough. Well, not like they were going to use the mausoleum on his watch. Nobody dies. Not for good.

It felt fair to let them know what he had in mind.

*

To say that Pam was bursting with joy did it little service. It looked like she was about to explode. Nothing but good news! Extremely good news! She knew he'd pull through for her.

"Two hundred people don't sound like that much." Nathan had his nerve back.

"I'm guessing there might be some translation difference. You guys might think it's six thousand or something. But, it's probably going to equal out. Point is... we know where to go."

"YES!" The girl practically screamed.

"Easy, almost blew out my eardrums. And I might not look like it, but I am overjoyed."

He did not look like it unless someone knew him, but Anna saw that he was... less tense. That smile had more life to it rather than being a gesture.

"So, how do we convert people? Start preaching them when they come over?"

"That's one way. Another is to take prisoners, convert them there, then let them go. They still count. Or we could recruit them unless you guys want to keep it with the family."

"I want to keep it. Feels like we've got our own thing here." Pam still could not wait to have more active members around the base.

James was already seeing that he was right about his earlier assertion. The world obeyed him. He declared that the one day he'd see was merely the summation of two months. Pam was no longer growing too damn quickly, and he planned to have an extended stay to take their mind off that previous bullshit. He could use a vacation before getting ready for the grind.

"So, we've got a few objectives. One, get the conversions. Two... we need the base completed. Everything. Sounds like we're gonna have some endgame raids to make the previous ones seem like nothing. We'll also need people. Eighteen to fill out all our positions. Gonna pull out every stop... genetics, superpowers, top tier armor, weapons, the hybrids."

"Can't you just... deal with it?"

"Yeah, I tried that. There IS a command to forcefully convert the ideology. Or there WAS. Seems like the game is throwing a challenge. I've still got some options, but it's not letting me bulldoze my way to the top."

There was a reason for this.

"So... hard way. How long until we can do that?"

"Well, judging on just the population... assuming you women keep pushing them out..." Pause. He had to think about it.

Two women to allow growth of just as many new people every quadrum, with the other two reaching maturity in about one more year... no, be a bit generous... one new baby every two quadrums. Can't just have them be constantly pregnant. Maybe one per year. So, they had a population of seven, gonna jump to nine in one more year, children reach the mature age and assuming they have the same rate, goes to thirteen, then fifteen... then three more in year four. Three more for them to reach maturity and be fit and such, possibly a bit more time for them to be READY. Always give extra.

"Fuck. Eight years."

Pam might have protested. She'd already been here for two. But she said that she was going to wait for him. Maybe by the time it happens, they'd be of similar age. Eight years of work. She could be here for him. And if they could have more time together... it was acceptable.

"Eight years to finally have my son back." Anna said that without thinking... and then paused to realize what she said. "Wait, I.... what?"

"Oh, I wondered if that would work."

Out of a temptation to see if he COULD change that... James decided to go into the character editor, find his avatar, and add them to be another son of Anna. He expected some instant brain re-wiring, but his existing memories contradicted it. He had to believe it. He had to will it. And you don't change that overnight. It would be a slow shift.

"Wait, so now you're kinda my brother?! Nice! Always liked you better over Nathan." Beat. "Hold up... that... "

"I guess it's confusing. I honestly had no idea if it would even work. Guess we now remember BOTH options."

"Quite confusing, but I think... we can have it." Deep breath from Anna. The memories were not being forced on her, but rather offered and she could take them or not. But the mind wants to believe what is better. "And I will take that work for my son. Glad to have you back."

The man saw the same memories. Contradicting memories... those of his real life and those of a life with them. Of growing up on that world, of one day having to go away, another family taking him in for a while... and now finally he could come back. They would one day be free of those real memories... one day that was far into the future.

"Right, well... time to see if the other thing holds up. If it gets colder in just a week, I think not, but otherwise... got some time to spend with you guys."

"Oh, goody! Well, come on, you got something you had to show me with the shower."

"Or you can have me tomorrow. I think it's time I spent more time with mother." A smirk. "And I'll show her the shower thing."

There was an acute pursing of the girl's lips... a small tinge of jealousy. But she could see where it was really going. She'd have him for a couple of months... could spare a few for the others. And there was work to do! Those guest rooms were not gonna smooth themselves out.

She and Nathan would let them go... smirking at imagining what fun he'd have with their mother. No pressure to help out, James needed a vacation. But he would put some work in. The room grew quiet once it was just the two of them. Anna looked at the man with a new sense. Yes, this was their god, but she had a pretty sure feeling that it was her son. She could remember moments of raising him, of teaching him to be this great man. She felt pride at seeing how he ended up, despite the mistreatments of others. Her hands trembled. Something felt right. Her arms came open to invite him into a hug. He took it almost immediately, coming to sit in front of her, making full use of that couch as the man rested his head on that bosom.

A lot of feelings were in the air, feelings that need not be said, but expressed through touch. So much stress in this boy, so much hurt that he couldn't go to anyone to comfort him. Yes, there was Pam, but she was expecting a bit back. Only a mother could comfort him without expecting anything back. It was her DUTY. And she saw him for what he was.... Just a man, just trying his best. For them. She couldn't be any prouder. The woman's hand came on his head to make him know it would all be alright. Just a long moment of enjoying it.

And Pam had to ruin it.

She slipped back in the room with an expression like she saw the sun go out... then noticed the scene, but it was too late to backpedal, both turned to see her. Just a small laugh before waving her over to see what got her so pent up.

"So, uh.... I wanted to mark the day when you'd go and... Uhm...."

The girl decided to show them. Calendar on her tablet.... Showed something absolutely insane. A year now had 3600 days, with 120 months. Both Anna and James blinked at this abnormality before the man facepalmed.

He had declared that he'd be here for two months. Sixty days. But that intended to be only one of the sixty days in the year of the game. However, he miscalculated by a factor of ten. It should have been six days. But the game obeyed his declaration, adjusting for it.

"Okay, that's horribly wrong. No, just SIX days, not sixty... and there aren't that many months in a year."

As soon as he said it, the calendar snapped back to normal. Like they were seeing a glitch correct it. But Pam made a sound like a whine. Her time now was cut down HARD. James thought a bit... as he was made painfully aware of how careful he should be with his declarations. Don't swing god power around casually.

"No, how about THIS time it's sixty days, but back to our usual for the rest."

Once again, the calendar adjusted. The month of May for this year just gained 90 days. He could even find some scientific explanation for it. Something about an orbital slowdown. Pam could not help but smirk at that. The mother was a tad astonished. Now this WAS a god. But she should stop him before he decided on some foolish things.

But there would be some such decisions.

*

This time she could wake up next to the man with no worry. That decision was not without consequences... it felt like they were barely making any progress now. So, might as well enjoy a short vacation. James was the one to need it most. The days would blend together, the memories faint, but there. And it was time to get adjusted to the new idea of him being part of the family. Sometimes they'd remember the truth and sometimes they'd believe this version. It was confusing, but they could help it with some willpower.

But what held, was the joy. The little moments of fun that brightened their day. What would be displayed was a poor attempt at summarizing their actions, showing a few couplings, the work that was done, the one event of the day being one that peaked among many. There were small raids, quickly turned away, there were lone visitors that had brief stays, a hundred talks between them, and many things that would not be shown by that simulation.

Pam woke to feel the man right beside her, right where she left him... and he would still be for a while. She felt like whining after it was done, but they had to get to work... to make that future. Eight years. Eight bloody years. A long time. She'd get older... but she could take it. For now, one day at a time. They had a bit of time to catch up with her older brother.

No morning blowjob today, but she'd still stroke that cock while snuggling up next to him, kissing his cheek, holding the man with the other arm. He was a heavy sleeper, but this sort of stuff could wake him.... And then the fun could begin.

"So, what was the thing you showed mom yesterday?"

"Oh, just talked about the other place, the plans for the base, game mechanics, and such."

Her eyes were half-closed in a glare. Yep, he was her brother.

"You're teasing me."

"Correct. I enjoy it. Seeing you flare up in your little emotion bursts. Cute little Pami blowing up again. Priceless."

A pat on her head. Still teasing, but she felt appreciated for what she was. She'll get him back later. But it meant she could have the first go at the shower thing! By now it was practically some legend that might lose its charm the moment it was revealed. The woman practically dragged him into the bathroom, both of them still naked. She was showing a little of the pregnancy, but it was like it was stagnating now.

1...345678