All Comments on 'January 17th'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Like a piece of art

Got to say great piece of work absolutely stunning can’t get anything better than this for a story put it this way this sort of story could be made into a tv film not a major blockbuster but a made for tv film the only thing I didn’t like was that you killed his baby I know that was part of the story but if you had left it so she definitely could get pregnant again it would have been the so called icing on the cake ending it would have been like a sort of made for so called Christmas TV movie lol so keep up these superb stories and don’t stop keep going this site needs great writers like you on here ok don’t even think of going into any sort of retirement ( not until we have squeezed every last tiny bit of work out of you lol ) all I will ask is just don’t stop making these fantastic pieces of work please

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
The big miss

After so many years they were no longer the people they used to be. Feels like they called up Peabody.

I've met a couple of old girlfriends including one ex-fiance; we all were nothing like our younger self's. We changed. I haven't met someone who over time didn't.

That point detracts significantly from this story's credibility for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another story where the author tells us

a woman who lets a guy finger fuck her in public and let other men play wither her tits hasnt cheated

I look forward to the cuck posting his address so hundreds of men can not cheat with his wife

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Tough for her

She cheated in college pure and simple, married people have no rig to do anything like that period, no excuses. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed it

Yes this was a fantastic read really did enjoy this story. Can’t say anything wrong I know people will find fault and that is to be expected. But me I just love everything about this story . When I do think about it it would be icing on the cake if she was pregnant at the end of the story with David being the father . Yes I know I’m being a bit sloppy but this was good. I would say other things like awesome and perfect but I think I’m getting carried away. So yes it was all them awesome and perfect and fantastic. So yes just get writing more and remember you are a very talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I remember in university

I was at a university party in a student four bedroom apartment. I was sitting on the kitchen counter drinking my beer and a guy and a girl were moving into the kitchen dancing to the music from the living room. I immediately realized that the guy had been a year ahead of me in high school and he was the boyfriend of my grade 12 chemistry partner so he knew me. As soon as he saw me, he told me not to tell his girlfriend that he was dancing with this girl. All I said to him was, “do I look like your mother”!. You see back in 1975, just dancing with a girl could place a boyfriend in hot water! Robin was cheating on her husband while at university when she let a guy touch her tits and pussy! Her excuse was crap.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Good story.

Poor guy was cheated on by every woman he dated/married. Dr. cheated while in college, even without penetration!!!

COYSCOYSabout 4 years ago
Your Best

For me, this is your best story ever. The writing is very good, and the story line was great. The age old story of one spouse supporting the other thru school and getting dumped. I’ve seen it happen many times. One feels superior and looks down on the other. It made a great story line and you told it well. Thank you

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Think

I think if she really wanted ,she could have persuaded his mother to tell her where he had gone or failing that used her father's money to have some one find him.Likewise I think he flew of the handle too easily probably because the attitude of her friends instead of talking it through.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
her reasons are lame

She was cheating. So she didn’t fuck the guy, but she did almost everything else. Plus we don't know if she’s Lying like so many other story characters, only to find out she’s gone all the way or gotten pregnant. Other writers would make the cheating GF say there’s no ring on her finger, but in this case there was. I just don’t get how these reasons are valid. I’m sure plenty of people in the real world have done this, but I like your writing and I expected a bit more.

I thought the story needed her to apologize a few times and feel the shame, when they were younger and then when they met again. It felt real, and I like that you did that. If she didn’t, her character wouldn’t come off as sincere, and their reunion would have felt flat.

I liked that she carried a torch for him all those years. It was a nice touch that she lost him, tried to move on, dated four times and realized each time what she really wanted.

The ex boyfriend and PI lost me for a bit and weakened the ending. Using that wrinkle as a suspense point just made me doubt that she learned anything after all those years. Here’s why from my own life: My girl and I met years ago by chance. The night we met we both thought was fated, like we were puzzle pieces that fit for the first time, but it was confusing because we’d never felt that way before. Like when you meet your soulmate only you don’t know that’s who they are, but you both can feel it in your bodies they’re special. We talked about this many times. She was casually dating someone else for 3 months when we met. She was straight with me from the beginning, and after dating for a few weeks she needed to end her relationship with him before we got serious. We only kissed at that point; we controlled ourselves. She knew this relationship was what she was looking for. She tried to breakup as easy as she could with him, but it was hard knowing she was hurting a person, and it’s no fault of their own. Suffice it to say she was never serious about him, but he was. She felt terrible that she hurt him, and I honestly asked if she did the right thing. I was worried that she may have felt regret, and I didn’t want to start a new relationship with someone looking backwards. She wiped her tears ,and she stared into my eyes telling me she wanted Me in her life. She hated hurting a good guy. So we’ve been together for over 20 years and have been inseparable. Like all relationships, we work at making Us work, but we’re best friends and we’re married. This is the reason why I disagree with Robyn keeping her meeting with her ex a secret. She just had to tell David she needed to take care of something important and let someone down easy, followed by the honesty of who she really wanted. That she loved him all her life, and she always knew it. That she missed him almost half her life when they were apart. We know he feels that way because the story is from his perspective. We see his thoughts. It hits because she’s been out of the picture for a good portion of the story.

Regardless, thanks for your passionate hard work.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 3 years ago
Didn't really get it

Where did her self awareness disappear to?? She gives her dad a whole little speech, realizing what a bitch she is and outlining the distance and disrespect, that she was beginning to think she was better than him etc.

Basically acknowledging she fucked it all up with her own behavior.

But then the future version of her says none of that stuff to the guy she fucked over, instead she insists she didn't cheat and later says he overreacted. Seemed weird. Two different characters.

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

Ending felt rushed and forced

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Rushed, forced, incomplete

He is running to his third dissapointment. You don't rush a reconciliation. You don't add a twist like the last one unless is to make your story more belieavable,

This was just opposite, it left us readers thinking your make character is a wimpy moron. He was right on the money when he didnt trust her. He is still a lying slut.

He stalked him for a year and now she's offended bc he doesnt trust her?

What happened with his 2nd wife, Sandy, btw?

Not good. It didn't work as a love/reconciliation story. Instead of a warm feeling, I feel he is an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This entire story can be summed up with this one line:

"I listened with this stupid look on my face."

He was so close to self-awareness but just couldn't quite make it. Losers are losers I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
more ?

"Did we us soap?" English as a twenty-eighth language?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

Good story, but I wouldn't bet on her being a good wife. She was a smart ass in all her retorts to him and that demonstrated a lack of respect considering that she was ultimately at fault. Then the crack about overreacting. Then allowing her former fiance to stay with her when she should have had her boyfriend with them to be open and honest, unless she was considering marrying the guy. No, not a good wife.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

She loves what she imagines David to be not what he is and she definitely doesn't really respect him. She showed that before they got divorced, in medical school and now nearly 20 years later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Again loved it

I hate to say this but this story is just so good this must be my 8th or 12th time reading this . I know that this story has it’s got it’s ups and downs but I don’t care the story felt like you had put all of your effort into this . And I really really did enjoy it you tried to write a BTB/romance story but the romance side got the better of you and you wrote a truly amazing story. The only thing making it sad was that they didn’t have children you could have added the pregnant bit in after the 3 months that they were horny teenagers. Especially she could of said she was pregnant when he asked her to marry him again and move in with him. That would probably be the icing on the cake to me . Yes I know it would probably have been written like a hallmark story but hey I don’t care . Yes I love my BTB stories and have a soft spot for romance stories but this one had both that’s why I enjoyed it so much. But the biggest question is can you step up and write more stories like this. Or have I got to rely upon saddletramp to keep the BTB/romance stories going. Because at the moment the stories that are being written in the loving wife category by newbies are so awful they hurt my eyes even to try to read them. These newbies still don’t understand the these cuckold/swinging/cheating/sharing stories are dead. They think that if they keep writing these types of stories they will become great again. But they forget the more they write on how great cuckold/sharing/cheating/swinging is the worst it gets because nearly all of the stories are virtually identical. Just told in a different manner they don’t even have a clue. That’s why we need our BTB stories to show them what a proper loving wife category story is.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Sounds like he's ready to be cuckolded again by the same cheating whore!

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

Diary of a wimpy architect.....

oldtwitoldtwitabout 3 years ago

He is a bit of a twit

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

Agree with ano. of3 montha ago.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A god story. I like it a lot. AAAA++++

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Noway

The way she behaved in New York summed her up nicely,as being self centered and snobbish,didn't even go home to try to explain.Therefore there is no way she would go chasing after him all those years later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After divorcing his self centered wife the MC suddenly got a lot smarter. He barely graduated from high school but miraculously was then @aable to earn a degree in architecture with a 3.85 GPA while simultaneously running his own construction company. Unfortunately, his increased cognitive skills did not extend into his personal life. The ex-wife did not offer anything close to an adequate explanation of the events surrounding their divorce. She did not pursue any type of counseling or therapy to address her selfish and unfaithful character traits. She mislead him about who was coming to visit her in Jacksonville. In reality, she refused a date with the MC because she wanted to spend time with her former fiance, Nonetheless, the architect of the year's response is to ask her to marry him again. What a schmuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Again superb

Yes again I really have lost how many times I’ve read this. And again it’s superb yes there are little things but I don’t care. And I wish they would remember ITS A STORY it’s well written with great imagination. Just wish people would realise this as they try to destroy this fantastic story. PLEASE REMEMBER ITS A IMAGINARY STORY OK. Now can I ask please please write another one of these please

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked it. Liked it a lot. Reminds me a bit of a junior league version of dtiverson's classic "Jacob's Ladder." Maybe it's that the FMC in both stories became a doctor. Not sure what the future will hold for these two. I think the MC may have been a bit impulsive here. Would hope it works for them, but can see problems. Neither is a pushover, but Robin's sense of entitlement is a bit stronger than David's sense of his own dignity. That's why this is a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The last person commenting doesn't seem to understand the rating system at all. Switching tense and clumsy writing would be reasons to reduce a score. Feeling that a characters sense of entitlement is stronger than another's dignity has nothing to do with anything and certainly not the score.

I've enjoyed this story a couple times, thanks!

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

This storyline is really twisted in the respect that young Robin did cheat just by kissing another man, but did not sleep with him, but as the storyline brings them back together, we find that Robin still has feelings for David as through his mother she had been following him and when Davids ex-wife Sandy cheated on him and David divorced her she made her move to try and rekindle their love which I believe she did. In the end the storyline and writing were very good, and I really liked the ending. I guess in the end, circumstances broke them up and circumstances brought them back together. Well done 5-stars.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 2 years ago
Anony 12/07/21 — GPA

I know a few people who sucked in high school, but pulled it all together in university. One in particular comes to mind: he was a just barely passing pot smoking skate boarder. 20 years later he graduated from a — not Ivy League, but very very well respected — business school with an MBA, and is doing very well in senior management in the defense industry. You just never know...

COYSCOYSabout 2 years ago

Loved your story

Read several times and think this is your best. He was a decent guy always trying to do his best. She was a young woman that made some mistakes. Both good characters that created the basis for a great story. Lots of emotion and human frailty. Very realistic. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Meh, my main complaint with this story is that it was 18 years in between. They've moved on by that point.

Dlh143Dlh143almost 2 years ago

Kick them both loose and then cut his scheming, lying mom out of his life too for betraying his trust. 1 star for the shitty RAAC story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Way too much back and forth considering how it ended.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story with the twists and turns. Thanks for your writing g.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are trying to gaslight me into believing that a hot female doctor never married for 18 years and waited around all that time hoping to get back together with her first husband... not even believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it even if it should have been 5 years instead of 18.

SorchakSorchakover 1 year ago

How do you watch a tape in a DVD player? I know this was posted in 2009, but even by then most people weren't using VCR's anymore.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

When the story picks up in Jacksonville David is wondering why he keeps getting cheated on.

The end of the story answers that. Robin's ex fiance comes to town and she doesn't tell him. He calls her cellphone and the guy feels comfortable enough to answer her phone.

Then the following night she goes to dinner, holds hands, kisses and dances closely with the guy. I'll give Robin points for punching him when he grabbed her ass but, still...

Her behavior and attitude hasn't changed since college. And yet David proposes right there in the middle of their argument?

If there had been an epilogue a few years down the road I'm guessing it would have been to detail them getting divorced because Robin cheated again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Writing was very rough at the end. Overall story wad OK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Writing was very rough at the end. Overall story wad OK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this. One of the author's best. Lot of emotional drama. The cheating by Sandy was just filler to move the story along to its climax. Too bad they spent 18 years apart. I really liked the screed by his father when Robin showed up at his house after David bolted. On the other hand David did overr-react by running away and fleeing like he did, giving her no way to communicate to him. He was heart broken but that was craven. Robin crossed the line of fidelity while drunk and lonely but she didn't cheat on him. He gave her no options and severed their marriage. Of course she was already drifting away in her own world. The other points his father brought up were absolutely accurate. David sacrifice a ton for her, and she took it for granted, not realizing what she missed until he cut out. But be honest he did overreact, but of course if he didn't there would be no story. She was coward also once she learned where he had moved to after prying it out of his mother five years later. She was already in a relationship and probably in residency, hopping all over the country, but mostly she was scared of rejection. Stupid. They would have been back together at 5 years vs 18. I also don't get why he didn't follow her to NYC. She had the more promising career (at the time). And it isn't like there is a dearth of construction jobs in the NYC metropolitan area. She didn't have to stay in the dorms, it is medical school. So the separation seemed contrived but was important to the story. A long distance matting like that beset with so many obstacles and her in medical school, working herself to the bone, and him 1200 miles away, both lonely, and her communicating less and less, set up the perfect storm when she made out with the other student while drunk at a party and he happened to come visit her. Sad and poignant but while not realistic to end the marriage so suddenly was author's choice to bring a sad level of finality to a marriage that did not have much of a chance when separated so far apart and her on a different career trajectory. Remember she made have heard ahit about David from her colleagues, but she never trashed him with her friends and was proud of him. But medical school is a beast, followed by years of residency and internship. As she said, she always rented never really setting down roots. I am not surprised that she never got married. Engaged a couple of times, especially the first time after she learned David married Sandy. Father was right, she messed up and he was a dumb shit. She was too scared to chase him at five year mark and took too long, while he settled for Sandy (no.kids??). They both made mistakes. He could have inquired via his parents if they heard anything about Robin, but he was too hurt and scared himself. If his mother had been a bit more aggressive and told him Robin was asking about him, would have tipped the balance. Lot of heartache for both for years. Was cool to see she came down to Jacksonville now mature enough to take her shot after she learned his marriage to Sandy was ending and remained observant until it was clear it was over. Meanwhile she ditched her fiance and uprooted herself to find David and see if it could work. That speaks to a great love that she never got over. NOT out of guilt but what she had with David, that she never came close with anything else. Only her career giving her fulfillment, bring the joys of children to other couples though forever denied to her. David found his own fulfillment as a builder and then an architect, designing beautiful homes. Separate lives, but always something in thr back ofntheir minds and hearts. Like his mother said, their marriage was bester with so many obstacles, the pregnancy, shotgun wedding at an early age, miscarriage, her asshole father, college, her going to med school in NYC, while he stayed behind in Minnesota, their loneliness, his feeling neglected (and rightfully so) and taken from granted, then seeing her make out with another guy. It was all too much. And seemed doomed to failure (of course in real life, he moves to somewhere closer, as one person sacrifices for the other) but they reconnect. Yes he was abit of a dick sending her the DVD, but he got his answer and saw her reaction and she owed to her ex-fiance to go out with him when he visited but had zero interest in blowing what she hoped to build with David. Indeed their romance rekindled rapidly and overcame misunderstandings. I liked his choice. He had been with her for months. She never actually cheated on him and he got confirmation how she laid out her ex-fiancee. Some people will scream that she should have told him, but they weren't really exclusive at that point and she was just being friendly to her ex-fiance who came down to Jacksonville under false pretenses, made his attempt, and got summarily shot down. Though it nice contrast that he had a mature reaction this time around, getting information, realizing she wanted him and not the ex-fiance, unlike when he burned averythign down and fled 18 years ago (like a dumb shit, his father's words). Anyways great story of love lost and rekindled. Theynare.mesnt to be together. If it hadn't been for Sandy, this could almost have fit in Romance.

MarrttyMarrtty11 months ago

Good story. That crap with her dating he ex is pure red flag . She is and always has been a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Every girl David chooses is an arrogant self-serving cheater. The poor guy's love life is hopeless. I didn't like Robin's attitude at the end either. I'm curious as to why he moved so fast with marriage and inviting her into his home.

One of my favorite stories man.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Well, I guess it’s great he forgives her, but I can’t. She didn’t just cheat on him, she was cruel and disrespectful. And, she’s still doing it. Femdom agitprop runs amuck.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

3 Stars as their is No way i would have married her Cheating ass again . I guess her being a doctor with friends that made fun of him ?? It is a good thing she stood up for her .Husband .

silentsoundsilentsound7 months ago

Honestly, Robin just came off as a piece of shit manipulator and user.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sluts are sluts

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Eighteen years later???

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Not sure of this one. Thanks.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

really liked it but the ending drama plants a lot of doubt and further sours Robin's character.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

On page one. I thought sex before age 18 wasn't permitted on Lit.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She shows the 7 warning signs of being an entitled bitch. The bit at the end would make a normal man take his time, if not simply move on. The net result is that the story because painfully unconvincing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"But you two were still so young and never had a chance to be a normal couple with her going to school and all."

====> sage advice. Suspect that once he filed, if he had not pulled a runner or soon returned, they night have made it. They were bot immature and never got off to a sound Starr before life threw a bunch if challenges and obstacles their way. Look she got drunk and went to first bade with a guy. That is not why he divorced her. He divorced her because she was showing entitlement behavior, didn't return his calls or texts, and her friends were all looking down their nose at him. Seeing her at the party broke something in him and he ran. Had he confronted her in NYC or better yet back home in Minnesota after he filed and she returned home, they night have made it with some counseling and some changes. Clearly he needed to move to NY/NJ. Years of this forced separation while she is under immense stress in medical school is crazy. They really did love each other deeply. He sacrificed all for her and felt like he was being left behind. She took off with her career, but got entitled. But see how she acted when she got home after the filing. She didn't cheat any more than first base and she was clearly still in love with him, but he wss gone. She got hammered by his father and took her own father to the woodshed. Meanwhile the MC suffered grievously for two years. Both we so hurt and afraid of rejection that they didn't make moves that coukd have reconnected them. They celery had a strong spark and emotional connection, but their early life and immaturity was grinding away at their marriage. Don't get me wrong they were immature in different ways. He in his emotional insecurity and feeling of neglect, some of it rightfully so and she in her entitlement and not making the effort to maintain communication or stand up for him with her friends. But she never intentionally disrespected him beyond getting drunk at a party and kissing a guy. They are both justified in their pain. They both made mistakes. Her first. Him in running away. And what did that serve them? Their early marriage was rough: too young, shotgun wedding, tight finances, different worlds and expectations, miscarriage, her infertility, separation, difficult in laws (for both), neglect in long distance romance, really tight finances, lack of communication, her entitlement, his flight yo freedom, and missed opportunities. Medical school is unbelievably challenging. That doesn't excuse her going to first vase with a guy at a party while drunk. Buy it explains why the drop in communication. He needed help from parents and in laws to be able to see her more often or moved to somewhere at least outside NYC for work. It isn't like Minnesota is the only place teeming with low skill jobs. Heck he coukd have worked on Long Islan in Suffolk County. They didn't have kids. Each mourned the death of their first marriage. The mother waiting five years to tell her where he was, was too long, and when she hesitated for 12 months (bad communication, insecurity), he ended up with Sandy the slut, who he never really loved. Finally she got her act together and broke off the engagement and cane down to make her attempt. They still had issues. But they both hurt each other. Honestly if he had NOT gone to NYC unplanned then yeah their marriage woukd have died, because he had to send her a wakeup call with the divirce filing, but he got the right reaction from her and things coukd have been salvaged, but he did a runner, feeling unworthy, used, neglected and being replaced. He had that wrong. Yes some neglect and her entitlement factor but as you saw she owned up to what she did and she wss his biggest fan. Even years later. But her being hurt for many years, denied her happiness, will always leave pain and hence her quip about his overreaction, because it is how she felt when he abandoned her. Then the side detour with the prick ex fiancee, and notice he realized all this back and forth didn't mean sh$t. They were meant to be together and now have stable, successful lives and careers where the troubles of yesterday are no more. He can trust her to be faithful (his PIs verified that) and she can trust he will not abandon her. After that it was a well warranted reconciliation, and certainly not a RAAC. Great story of a marriage ruined by external pressures and then a new one reborn years later that will last them the rest of their lives. Kudos. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Never underestimate a woman's capacity for deceit and avoiding accountability. Never underestimate a man's capacity for stup!dity and shamelessness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This clowncouldn't find his way out of a brightly lit room in the daytime.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous