All Comments on 'January 17th'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments
zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Great Story

Very tense, kept me on edger till the end.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 14 years ago
Stream of consciousness story . . .

The author's ideas are interesting and I sense originality in the way the story presents those ideas. But I have several reservations about this one. First, despite an editor, there were too many misspellings, grammatical errors, and other writing glitches that detracted (and distracted). I saw at least one instance of a switch from third person to first person. So the writing still could use a bit of improvement. Second, the story is difficult to accept. Our "hero" is now an architect and has a successful business but his second wife, Sandy, is a mistake and they have been separated for 7 months. Why does he shag her, because he's horny? He can find who knows how many lonely women for that. Getting back in the sack with her constitutes forgiveness for her adultery, so my legal friends tell me. It undermines his position in any divorce proceedings. She can make a claim on his business unless he can fight from a strong position. Quite honestly, I don't know why he did not sue Robin for a piece of her future income? He sacrificed his own education and life, working overtime shifts on construction, to put her through medical school -- this was an investment in their future. Surely he was entitled to repayment when she began cheating on their marriage. And despite her denials, why should he believe her claim that she was not sleeping around while at med school? Her actions suggested otherwise. So our "hero" is a fool; no wonder his women cheat on him. Even he recognizes it -- he brings this out in his women. Bad choices. So after all this, why marry Robin? Does wimp come to mind? Pretty sad after all that.

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Another Good story

This one also held me but I still find it fascinating that

he bothered having her followed. My take was she did not warn him and hid what was going on. Even if it wasn't sex it was emotional cheating. She should have called him and told him who was visiting. If he sent her the tape it means that she left him hanging a long time. No, I think he made a mistake in the end...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
ARE ALL THE GUYS WIMPS??

I REALLY LIKE THE STORY. HOWEVER SHE STILL CALLED THE SHOTS, SHE LIED TO HIM ABOUT HER BOYFRIEND COMING TO TOWN, SAYING IT WAS JUST ANOTHER DOCTOR. SHE WENT OUT WITH HIM AND NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO DAVID. THEN SHE GOT INSULTED THAT HE HAD HER FOLLOWED. STILL CALLING THE SHOTS. TOO MUCH BAGGAGE AND DAVID SEEMS LIKE HE CAN NOT FIND A HONEST WOMEN. NOTHING CHANGED FROM WHEN HE FOUND HER IN NY.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE STORIES FROM YOU.

BriteaseBriteaseover 14 years ago
Another nice one

Love your stories. I think you're a softy at heart just like me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
It was a meandering story with no goal or object.

This was interesting to a point, but so very obvious from the start. It was too wordy. The grammar is getting better, thank God! You have a very good, down home style. If you keep improving your grammar and spelling and sharpen the plots a bit, and reduce the verbiage somewhat, you just might become "The Man". Good luck and keep trying!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
silly

very silly, they acted like adults when married, teenagerswhen meeting again also does she ever tell the truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A decent plot line..

but poorly executed. There were really three things that jumped out at me. First, the twenty years between seeing each other is something stories seem to use a lot, like twenty is a magic number. It is too long and life causes too many changes. Changes that need to be addressed and that no short story has time for, so they get skipped. Second, for two successful characters you did not have them grow up at all. Where, other than their professional life, did you have any true growth. Third, a long term marriage ends with little to no fan fare. It just felt artificial and unreal, as did much of your story. You had all the elements but the execution was poor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I have to admit there's some improvement

As one of this author's harshest critics in the past, I admit there's some improvement here. Much of the poor grammar and spelling are gone.<p>Sadly, not all. Examples:<p>"...we became inseperatable." - oh, please.<br>"Grand Camen" - again, please.<p>And the POV problems persist, even with the demarcation (which helped a little).<p>Add to all that a generally dull and, as someone else mentioned, meandering plot line, and you have a fairly-competent-but-not-great entry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Pretty good until the last part 20 years later

Your stories are getting better. I thought you did a fine job up to the point where it moved forward 20 years. 1) I felt that his marraige with Sandy was just a filler. You had done such a good job developing his relationship with Robin. I think that you did not want to detract from that (even 20 years later). Next, since Sandy was just a filler, why bring in the sex scene with her? It made him look undecided or a user. 2) I know a few doctors and asked how often a fertility expert would be on call, answer, never. She would not be the primary or emergency caregiver. 3) Now, I liked the idea that he went ahead with his own education, but why wait so long, it just didn't ring true there. 4) Why the hell did he propose just after finding out that she was lying again? OK, let's assume she didn't sleep with him. She did deceive him, again. At this point, I expected him to say, have a nice life, you just don't get it. What is wrong with this supposedly strong minded man? If you ever re-write this, please reconsider this issue, either have her not deceive him or better explain it. 5) I really disliked your idea that they were too young and couldn't have made it anyway. What tripe! He had proved himself mature at that age. You can't paint a picture in the begining of the story, then blithly change it later in the story. 6) I think that you wanted to set up a scenerio at the end that mirrored the first time he caught her out but the second time he would handle it better. It didn't work for me. If anything, it appeared as if she disrespected him even more than at first. I am pointing these out because you have become one of the better writers here and I want you to continue to improve. BTW, I did not think that your story was too long or too detailed. Thanks for sharing! -Ttom

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 14 years ago
Liked your story

I liked your story very much. In answer to one comment about bedding his estranged wife, it happens in real life. My first wife and I carried on a small affair after our divorce until she found another man. It was probably the best sex we had ever had. Your story ideas are good but as others have said the technique needs work. Keep working and keep writing. I enjoy your work and look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
to all the critics

Im going to do to you what you do to the writers it was 18 years not twenty. If you want to get the auter on littlwe mistakes make sure you dont make them yourselves lmao. Great job guy keep em coming.I would not be anonmous but I cant get my fricken name to work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
This one has me perplexed.

Trust, or the lack thereof, is bouncing around like a racket ball... It will never be rebuilt... Such a shame in life. This story does not leave a warm fussy feeling

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good story....

by a really good writer, about a really dumb guy who couldn't pour piss out of a boot, with detailed instructions written on the heel. Harsh? No. He gave his all, but did not communicate very well, with anyone. We know he wasn't the sharpest, nor only tool in the shed. I know he meant warm,worn velvet glove, not warn. But as long as he's happy with it.... and walking into HIS spare bedroom and locking the door... well, at least ass cherry may still be there for him, cum Saturday, ROTFLMMFAO. I enjoyed this story and got some good laughs to boot, but seriously, this David dude, if brains were cotton,he couldn't make a jockstrap for a pissant.

recliner3rjolbrecliner3rjolbover 14 years ago
plagiarized story

Quite similar to other posted story about wife from well to do family--who cheated on husband after tragedy baby she became a doctor and they met up later in life in Florida and rekindled relationship--only difference is that wife's family kept tab's on him----too similar--that it should be considered plagiarized!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I liked

this story and I liked the two main characters,they acted like real people,As for the comments on grammar,all I can say is that I am not reading it as an English essay and marking it for examination grade marks.I read a story for enjoyment.Keep on writing,you are getting to be very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Please soemone tell me

the name of the other story the reader just mentioned. I'll be very grateful.

YornHYornHover 14 years ago
oh well

Very nice beginning - gotta admire the 2 young people apparently making a happy, solid attempt at life. She screwed up (not answering his mails etc. making out (fucking? - she says no, hmmm).

The story should have played out over the next year or two at most - after 18-20 years, don't tell me they are still "in love" - also, they are both pretty damaged goods at this point (relative to young, innocent love).

Could have been a great love story - but ended up with a sour taste - after all, she's still "doing her thing", isn't she.

lancewmlancewmover 14 years ago
The story had great potential

But the fact that he leaves without talking to her at all is a weak plot line, much too convenient a way to keep them apart and provide for the ending. Also agree with others here that the time until they meet again is way too long. The writing is improving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good story...

although I thought the ending was a bit rushed. Dont agree with prior commentor that story was plagerized. While there were some similarities to Blue88's "Charade" they were incidental and not primary points Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
The only reason she wasnt cheating and fucking

while they were married is because she said so. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Do you think a married woman cheating on her husband who pays her bills, and who she doesnt talk to or email would tell him the truth. Get real! He already knew from overheard conversations before she had little respect for him, deceived him, and basically lied to him. Wow, with all that why would he not divorce her ass. She got it all, money, boyfriends, medical degree. She always thought he was a guy she could lead around by the ring in his nose. Basically she was just a gold digger looking for the easy way. She lied to him with regard to the exboyfriend coming in to visit. Sandy was just a round heeled slut and he knew it before her married her. You dont look for a wife by going to bars or taking the community punch board. Taking the Doc back, no way in hell, fuck her for all she's worth but marry her, get real. What excuse will she use next time?

Simple49erSimple49erover 14 years ago
She said she said she said:

You should buy your editor a dozen roses and a bottle of good champagne: well written, well edited. But, as someone has already pointed out: it's her word that nothing went in New York for all those months. Sure she was upset: the source of cash walked away leaving her everything. She was an arrogant twit and does make the same mistake with her boyfriend except she belts him. And it is also clear that her job will always take precedence over him, always. He is TOO self-sacrificing and she TOO NEEDY. My happy ending would have been with a beautiful woman who gives him at least two beautiful children and wants lots of sex to get them and wants an equal partner in life. Ah, well. Does that woman even exist in your world? or anyone's for that matter. 75 for the HUGE improvement in everything!!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 14 years ago
I would think he would be a little gun shy

Two marriages with both ending with his wives cheating on him. Then his first wife shows up after 18 years and wants to get back together, why would he trust her again? Why did he send her the tape if it didn't show her doing any thing wrong? A good well written story, but a few things puzzled me. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
One of your better stories...except for

two things. One: Seriously, every woman he's been with has cheated on him? Seriously? You're fucking kidding me. Two: the ending...he is supposedly a man's man and instead he plays juvenile games and has her followed? Sounds like someone needs to grow up. Other than that...this was one of your better stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
LAUGHABLE...

So after David finally meets up with his long-lost love after 20 years and starts a new romance with Robin. OK Great.

<br></br>

But then David finds out that Robin is STILL seeing her old fiancée and engaging in make out and fuck sessions with this other guy. Given this woman's horrible past and lack of character David does the only rational thing...

<br></br>

he proposes Marriage.!?!?!?!!??

<br></br>

This is a joke isnt it? This story is filled with incomprehensible irrational actions by a very stupid man but then again what else do we expect from this author?

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 14 years ago
David the Loser and wimp

What makes this guy a loser and a super wimp is NOT the fact that he beat someone up. Nothing in the story calls for David to react with physical violence. <b>But time after time when the story offers David a chance to to stand up for himself he absolutely fails to do so in every single instance.</b>

<br></br>

The character is quite revolting... and pretty typical of this author how he handles straight men.

<br></br>

First David's solution of NOT contesting Robins scholarship and her move to New York makes little sense. He is already fighting hostile in-laws and local friends of the wife who really think he is Piece of shit. What exactly does he think is going to happen when she goes to New York and loses all connection to him? Surely David cannot beat this Fucking stupid to think that the solution of sending her to New York for their scholarship is going to be good for their marriage.

I am not complaining about the action / plot per se... I am just stunned that David never even contemplated for a second how disastrous her decision of going to New York might turn out.

<br></br>

Once David finds out she is cheating on him in New York... he engages in a series of actions to ensure that everybody around him hates his guts. This was a good man who stayed with the wife even after she lost the baby... and after she shut him out. David worked very hard and pay for HER college education. When Robin proves to be a elitist high class slut... David cannot even bother to defend itself.

<br></br>

In fact it is David's father who gets Robin to realize how badly he is hurt. It is David's father who gets Robin to realize how he's being smeared in the community by Robin's father.

<br></br>

What a pathetic loser and a wimp.

<br></br>

Finally the conspiracy between the Robin and David's mother is just outrageous. David's mother assertions that they got married young is true but her assertions that they never had a chance to develop a normal life is blatantly false.

Sure they had the chance...Robin just left and fucked it away. It seems that David 's Mother forgot what Robin did.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 14 years ago
TROUBLEMAKER

As usual, another well written story. I have come to the conclusion, Slirpuff, that you like to stir up trouble. I base this belief on your vague descriptions of Robin's offenses. All the clues are there but did she or didn't she. Leaving the reader to fill in the blanks. Therefore, the reader's character and personality will directly reflect how they interpret the story. Simply by reading the comments you can ascertain the character of the person writing it. Those that proclaim that David is stupid, a loser or a wimp are reading the worse traits into Robin's character. Hmmmm, I wonder why? I myself see this as a romantic love story. Does that make me a wimp or someone that chooses to see the best in people. Kind of makes you feel sorry for those going through life with such a negative attitude. Slirpuff, even though you're a troublemaker I love your stories and the comments they generate. Keep up the good work. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Author - you have caved into wimp male characters

in order to gain more attention? Your stories use to have plausible characters with realistic human emotions but you have have changed your POV and it sucks! Seems like you have completed a mind-melt with JPB because the dog shit stories keep showing up. It is possible your alter-ego was writing decent stories on the other site before you started posting here but much to the disappointment of a lot of potential readers, your efforts these days simply are a waste of space. Quit trying to please all the fags & wimp asses - no balls type of idiots out there and get back to writing decent efforts. Once a strong fan of yours!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
good story but....

....unrealistic dialogues and reactions make it a snoozer-pistolpackinpete

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good Story

though he probably acted a little fast with the marriage proposal. She came down to re start things with him but the first fight they have she dates someone else. How would she have felt if she found out he went out on a date during the same time period? Not happy I assume. Regarding previous comments, based on her past actions, their last conversation and someone else answering her phone I think he certianly had reason to have her investigated. However, based on the investigation she did not sleep with her ex lover, they kissed and danced but she stopped him from going further. Still, I would have insisted they date exclusively for a period of time first. Also, I think something was cut during the editing process. I assume that she tells him she's going to give him her cherry. In the last section he stated that he'd already taken her cherry and she replies that she wasn't talking about that cherry. It seems like a paragraph may have been cut during the editing process as she hadn't offered him her cherry in the story as posted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Author totally self absorbed with male character

The first part of the story was so much better than Slirpuff's usual work that I had hopes for the rest of the story. Unfortunately, at the point of the wife being away at school the author broke down and forgot to bring sufficient detail to follow the action. Also, as all too often the male character runs away from any honest confrontation with anyone else, full of self pity, lack of compassion and mostly lack of common sense. Author also still writes more from a high school boy's view of women, making love/having sex, than of a mature man who thinks beyond getting pussy, coming in loads and climaxing over and over all night. Keep trying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Very good BUT

Your continued assassination of the English language is a good way to spoil a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
good idea?

Is she going to get into antother 'corner' and raise more doubts and suspicions? 2d time to be good? Why risk it?

pogo123pogo123over 13 years ago
An Excellent read

Since recently discovering your work I've now read about 1/2 ... maybe 2/3 ... of your stories and enjoyed them all. This one, however, is the best yet out of a body of work that rates among the top.

Thank you and now ... back to reading the last 1/3.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Great story

Great story thanks for the happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
move her in

nothing like creampies on tap available 24/7, sandy stopped providing them so now robin can take back over

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I enjoy the creampie implications,,,,, they fit in many of the stories here on Lit and are quite humorous,,,,,, lol,,,I enjoy the commentors almost as much as the stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
David, David

People, just relax. It's only a story. Now, in real life, David would be in big trouble because Robin is the type of woman who, as my dearly departed mother once said, wants to hang on to her man with one hand and reach out for somebody else with the other. That's right, she's a whore. Even highly educated Doctors can be whores just like uneducated waitresses. In real life, people do things just as dumb as what David did by taking Robin back after seeing the tape. Consequently, don't come down on Slirpuff too hard for another happy ending. Trust me, this one didn't seem all that happy to me.

saratusaratualmost 13 years ago
The story is very good.

This was a very good story as is most of the stories you have written, however I do enjoy many of the comments that follow these stories. Some are a little strong but for the most part they can be very entertaining,,,,,,,some. R.T.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Nice story but lots of illogical flaws.

18 or 20 years is way too long for them to get back together. Perhaps 4, 5, or even 6 years might be believable. Anything longer and there is no way that they would have gotten back together.

Second, how is it possible that a C grade high school student would be intelligent enough to become an architect talented enough to get awards? That totally conflicts with his earlier description.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Had to give it one star

Simply because it was a wasted life he's now somewhere in his forties had two serious relationships which both ended because of cheating and had never had kids it just makes the guy seem like a loser so sorry but one star only.

cohibaIVcohibaIVover 12 years ago
Not up to your usual standard

Shaky dialogue, vague undefined characters, and a contrived gimmick ending that leaves a bad taste in the mouth and erases all respect foe either character. You're a good writer; better luck next time.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
FORWARD TO THE PAST

willl deja vu re-occur,,,,TK U MLJ LV NV

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Excellent tale

I really liked the story. Tragic in many ways, of course. It was a version of the "hit the road" story, with the twist that the wife (sort of) waited him out for years. Of course, there were logical flaws: if she broke off her engagement and came down to work in Jax to get him back (or at least make her pitch), why did she wait for months before her chance run-in at the auction; if she loved him so much that she was pestering him mom for info on him for 5 years after the divorce, why didn't she immediately go to him (she was afraid of rejection and it took her a year to get her head on straight? the fact that he was involved (but not married) to a new gal wouldn't have stopped her if she was that convinced of her love 6 years after he left); if she wanted to find him, she probably could have without too much difficulty (she knew he was in Florida, or thereabouts, and he was a contractor by background-probably registered with the state, maybe listed in the phone book, property records or business filings would have been easy enough to get). Whatever, a little suspension of disbelief is fine by me, and doesn't take away from the heart of the story. I really liked the flow of the story-I felt something for the characters. I also understand love and longing that spans years. I think it was a very well-written short story with heart that did what it was designed to do.

That said, the cynic in me says that the wife was and is a lying cheat. She continues to socialize with a group that excludes her hubby in college, going to their parties when he won't go. She goes to NYC to med school (she could have gone close to home-MN has a few medical schools, including elite U of M and Mayo), knowing he can't come with her (for 3 years!). She doesn't even share that info with hubby until after she has had discussions with her college buddies about it (disrespect to hubby-she treats him like a bill-paying servant). She distances herself from him over months (years?), and even goes incognito for 3 weeks (that's a big deal). And, she, a married woman, is making out and letting a guy feel her up in a party with her friends and classmates (wow, disrespect to her hubby in a very public way)-very unlikely that was the first time, and rather unlikely that she hasn't gone further with him. The reality (if there was one) was that she did take him for granted over the course of years, and their separation led her to disrespect and disregard her hubby. The divorce was a wake-up call, and she probably always loved him. She was probably ashamed, and saddened by his divorce and disappearance, but she was also probably relieved. She pursued her career (he had footed the bill for most of her schooling by then), without the hassle of a husband, probably fucked around plenty, and spread her wings, etc. She probably always held a torch for him, but again didn't take any real steps to track him down. It took her a year after finally having his location handed to her by his mom before she finally decided that she might actually want him (assuming she was telling the truth in the story-which we don't know). Even after the long-delayed reconnection, she lies to him (she wasn't entertaining an out-of-town visiting doc, she was hosting her ex-fiance). I guess the punch when fiance tried to get too frisky was a confirmation that she was done with him, but she was playing with fire. Nevertheless, the lie (or at least lie-by-omission) was a bad sign. Then, she gets all pissed because he checks up on her? Given her track record, and the fact that he was cheated on by his second wife, too? I see the wife as a woman in love with the hubby, but so individualistic (single child syndrome) and selfish and manipulative and dishonest that one wonders about them having success long-term, despite her true love for him.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
A Wasted Life for a Woman Who STILL Doesn't Get It...

She still has no remorse, even after all the years and the disrespect. He can do better.

guitarman100guitarman100over 11 years ago
Mixed Feelings

I really have mixed feelings about this story. On the one hand it was decently written and interesting. On the other I usually hate this kind of story where two people who love each other? get angry or hurt and one of them runs off and they don't see each other again for a long time. If she had really loved him she would have found a way to find him. She would have moved back to their home town after being a doctor for one thing. Of course he was a total idiot for agreeing to let her go off to medical school without him while he footed all the bills. And he should have confronted her when he found her making out with the guy at the party and not run off without a word. They still might not have made it but at least they would have both acknowledged the problems they had and would have had a chance to do something about them. So she - with her lack of remorse and willingness to take advantage of him - and he, with his macho pride but yet putting her before him in everything, are neither very sympathetic characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nope

For me, her labeling as an overreaction his response to her smooching and getting felt up at a gathering would be reason enough to stay away from her. Add to that her lying about her ex-fiance and that would eliminate all doubt. Bad decision. Heartache down the road, and I predict not too far.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
Typical RAAC story

He worked his ass off to help her get ahead, she repays him by fooling around....not full out cheating but if you cant do it in front of your man.....then it bad and you know it. He has her followed and she's pissed off, but she lied and now she feels he invaded her privacity.........fuck and move on.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
I rated this low

and it was predicated upon the last few paragraphs of the story.

But let me get back to that. You have a knack for writing these HS tales, just like JPB. IIRC, you've done a couple of 'oops, the condom broke' stories and they are always well told, with light touches of realism. The teenage emotions, resentments, and tribulations ring true.

And the stories have one plot point following another. This happens, so this happens. The men aren't always paragons, though the generally try hard. The women are not just cock sluts. They have feelings and needs...even if they express them poorly.

But you developed the man a) as one of integrity, b) one who was now suspicious of women and c) one who didn't particularly like her attitude re lies, ommission and 'you overreacted'.

So the R at the end still rubs me the wrong way as I enjoy 90% of the story.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
Well written...

... but a crappy storyline. Whoever said that love is better the second time around was definitely full of shit. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Started nice

Shit ending...

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 WANNA BE DRs ARE LOOSE

does the education carry thru. TK U MLJ LV NV

Sam37Sam37over 10 years ago
Silly complaints

1. I've known people who reconnected after much more than 20 years, so it IS possible.

2. I've known MANY mediocre high school students who became college honor students. And I have known far more HS honor students who majored in partying and flunked out of college.

Not my favorite story, but it is an engaging tale.

I need to stop reading your stories. They're starting to depress me.

Charley49erCharley49erover 10 years ago
I taught students

who did poorly in High School. But when they entered college became butterflies and prospered. There are many reasons people do not do well in High School. However my one complaint and it is one that fits many of your stories. Can you feel this coming: White Zinfandel?!!! What is it with people in the middle of country and sweet wines with dinner. This is in the same category as Ripple and the other awful fruity wines that people drink. You want to impress: Old Vine Zinfandel, about 4-6 years old. Or Sauvingon Blanc. Please help your characters discover the world of great wine. Even 3 buck Chuck is better than WZ.

firemanlitfiremanlitover 10 years ago

Good tale up to the ending. Next installment, she will still be looking down at him, while she has a lover on the side.

I had to look and see if Slirpuff's was still listed as author.

WinestoneWinestoneabout 10 years ago

Needs another chapter. Good story.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 10 years ago
That's a little disturbing...

If I were to see my wife seriously kissing a guy that alone would be a serious issue...

If I saw a guy with his hands under her clothes, it would make me either want to kill both of them or never see her again...

I know just her seeing me in a serious lip lock would make her go ballistic...

To have someone use g the term "overreacted" in regards to something like that clearly indicates a lack of reciprocal feelings...

Sure, for the purpose of this story she really loves him, but even if she did nothing beyond what he saw, she should never consider that he overreacted. There just it's NO way to have a mild reaction to having your heart broken...

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
Masochist

Some people in this word are users, and can`t be trusted. Robin is one of them. She still lies to him, to be with other men, and still looks down on him. That won`t change. David must be a glutton for punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
storyline

As much as it was as well written as the usualy Slirpuff story, I didn't enjoy this story as much as I usually do from this him because I had a lot of trouble buying into a lot of things like rekindlinging an 18 year relationship and her all of a sudden accepting him in spite of her long term professional life. Also him getting his degree 18 years later?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Liked It A Lot

I still think she could have tried harder to find him soon after he ran off.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 9 years ago
like I said before, typical for this writer

no matter what the woman does, she has a reason and he'll always have them reconcile. She could be a serial killer and he'll find a way to blame the husband for what she does. A slirpuff original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Aw, Come On

You BTB commenters are something else. They had to end up together. Young love's the best, but it rarely survives the trials of real life. A second chance, revel in it, don't disparage it. After all, it's only a story, enjoy it.

PoormanRichmanPoormanRichmanover 9 years ago
HAHAHA

Sorry I just read some of the other comments and thought I have to say something too.

For one I don't think Slirpuff does all the same types of happy endings, but I cant remember all of them of hand, but even if that was so SO WHAT??

I read a story because I like to enjoy the journey. If it has a happy ending all the better. There is just no pleasing some people. I think some people just need to have a bitch for the bitchings sake. Damn probably not a word but at least I can give some other Bitcher something to bitch about..LOL

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
liked it

very nice story, a little loose in places, but nicely done. very real type attitude, for medical students, I think that where they get that I'm god attitude. I just wish they taught the compassion with it.

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Not a good outcome,

she hasn't learned anything since NY. And what's the deal in all of these stories where the mother takes the cheater's side against her own son? Didn't like this out come very much. I think that she will go right back to her old, empowered ways. Cause, I mean, she's a doctor, she's hot and he's just a carpenter, right.

If you can't give them balls at least give the guys wheels. Okay?

BetterEndingBetterEndingabout 9 years ago
Good Story

I liked the story. I thought the amount of time they were apart was a bit extreme.

Some complain that she did not come clean about getting laid in New York. While she certainly went much further than any married woman should have gone, she maintained that she did NOT "get laid". The author did not offer any information to the contrary. Any thing else is wishful thinking by the BTB crowd.

She began to turn into a bit of a shrew there at the very end. I was sure you were headed for having him leaving a second time. Knocking her ex-fiancee on his ass fixed that for me. Sounds like it fixed it for David as well.

Thanks for the good read!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

i really enjoyed this story. Well done. Five stars.

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
What's the difference?

The first time he caught her lying and cheating, he ran away. The second time he catches her lying, and playing grab ass, he asks her to marry him? What's the difference between the two times?

Richie4110Richie4110over 8 years ago
Another Great Story by the Master

Loved it. Felt all the emotions they experienced. Any attempt to qualify my words would only detract from my feelings.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

"I didn't do anything with that guy and I sure as heck didn't sleep with him," – She may not have slept with him, but she sure did SOMETHING with him, and she definitely was shutting David out.

“I was lonely and you were so far away.” – Too lonely to return his calls or Emails?

She loves him and wants to be with him, but if it can’t be on her terms they’re through?

A “quite card”? Do you mean a CUTE card?

She's mad at him for having her followed after she LIED to him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Too many inconsistencies...

...this is a second story today that I find the narrator or author or the protagonist confused all over themselves, many years ago: she lied, cheated and then had audacity to blame him/ blatantly refused to take responsibility , so he dumped her ass. Now they were divorced, and not in a relationship, she gets caught in a lie and even more being smart ass at playing him and his feelings by presenting him with ultimatum, take me or I move on well guess what she didn't change or grow up or mature, still selfish egotistical cunt of a slut... Burn the bitch, burn them all

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
18 years later?

Sweetie has been an MD for at least 14 years in obstetrics and she hasn't lost a patient yet? And she has been a renter the entire time? By that time, she would not have to go thru hoops for a slot in Jax! And Hubby was married to his second wife for about 12-16 years ... with no kids?

Shoulda been a 5-6 year interim, with perhaps a little less fame for Hubby and Sweetie.

telboy17telboy17about 8 years ago
Great story

They might not have lost 18 years if he had not run away and instead talked to her. But that is what 98% of the guys in LW do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
This gives me food for thought

You see, my wife went to a party without me, I'd been working a lot of overtime to take her on vacation. We had a line break and after fluid was everywhere, we were all sent home. I showered and dressed quickly.

I found my wife with a coworker and they were in a deep liplock. I could see tongues and whipping out my cellphone, took a picture then videotaped about 15 seconds. By the time she noticed me, I was already turning to leave. She tried, but wasn't fast enough to catch me.

Home was not the direction I went. Instead, I went to the ATM, withdrew $300 and left town. I drove until I needed a room, spent the night 200 miles from home, then got up and drove more. My phone was turned off and after having breakfast, I turned it on to see if I'd missed any calls. Only 38 from Kimmy. After listening to the first one, where she started out screaming at me for leaving and embarrassing her, I began deleting them. Curiously, I listened to the final one and it was a different woman on the other end.

I started out by forwarding her the photo of her and her coworker swapping spit, literally. By the time she tried to contact me again, I was another 200 miles away. Must have caught her asleep and she called me as I stopped for lunch. I didn't answer so she began texting me. She was angry with me and herself and promised me nothing had happened. So I sent her the video.

She called me again after getting it and seeing my opportunity ahead, I answered. Before she could say anything, I told her exactly what I was doing and tossed my phone off the bridge and into the Mississippi river.

That was one year, three months and two days ago. Since then, Kimmy found me, yesterday. She was sitting on my porch when I came home for work, but I didn't see her until I pulled in and started to get out. When she stood and I realized who it was, I was in my Jeep and pulling away. Now, I sit here in a motel room, plotting to get back into my rental, load my things up and leave for another State. Eventually, she won't keep coming after me.

Will she?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good Story

The hell with all the nit-picking idiots, this is a great story. It has all the ingredients.

Love, hate, rejection, redemption, affirmation. I liked it a lot.

CarnilliaCarnilliaalmost 8 years ago
Inconsistence

Well written as usual, but I think you have problem with men acting like men. She was never truly remorseful for what she did. Even when she returned to try to win him back, she went behind his back and bretayed him again with her ex. And then he is apologizing for the tape? He should had kicked ass back to were she came from.

I guess that weekend with her dick ass ex she ignored all her calls.

She is still a self-centered, selfish cheating slut. They are not going to last

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Duh

Cuck, printed the story and took a good sloppy Shit on it and then finish it off with a good piss.. fuck you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@telboy17

They may ot may not have lost those years. Truth is long distance relationships almost always fail.

Consider that she had not contacted him for 3 weeks prior to his catching her with another guy. She admitted to her father she no longer respected husband.

Not sure what good talking would have done given she still had number of years left in school. Chances are she would have strayed again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Teenage crush

does not equal lifelong commitment. Even though you have them run parallel career trajectories, the likelihood that they share enough life experiences to support a friendship is vanishingly small. Supporting a marriage is nearly unthinkable. (Wait, you did think it!) As a surgeon myself, I commend your depiction of the insular culture which pervades Medicine today. It is a near miracle for a marriage to survive medical school, internship and residency - mine did not, nor did those of many of my friends. David would probably be better off with Sandy the tramp as a friend with benefits. Thanks for writing. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* Another Kuck Krap and Bad Editing

Robin is lying, cheating amoral slut and the husband is a typical Slirpuff obtuse wimp. Also, try to get a real editor who knows grammar and punctuation among other things.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 7 years ago
2* Illogical and Not Real

The husband takes back his ego-centric, arrogant, non-apologizing, cheating, 1st wife like 18 years later????? Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

Sandman_truckSandman_truckalmost 7 years ago
To busy ?

What was she doing that she was to busy to come to the phone so late at night ? She was screwing around and for once I agree with some other posters , she is a cheater .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Now getting the facts straight.

1. She is in medical college and gone through miscarriage being married and not mature enough to know that by shutting down his husband, and drinking and making out with other man will effect her marriage. Great.

2. She insist it was not what it looks like. Wonderful.

3. He takes her cheating ass back, guess what 18 yrs and he was same dumb goof. Not a bit matured through time. And why should he wonder his 2nd wife cheated. Yes because he is still not even half of a man, still a kiddo.

4. Got married with 1st slut of a wife. Soon he will know she is fucking whole town.

This half of a man called david must know there are good women out there who Will respect him to death if being married.

But no this cuckold, wimp david want to be get screwed over again by the hands of this tramp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
HMMM

Pretty typical of this writers stuff; wimpy guy always finds a clever way to give in.

At least the writer (he or she) is using spellcheck at little more.

He/she is obviously an anal freak (ugh - nasty !! ) as it is almost always worked into the stories.

*3

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 6 years ago
And the point was...????

Your stuff is all over the place. Some I like. Some I don't like as much. The rest are difficult to like or dislike as they are incomplete. This is one in that 3rd group.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Agree completely with StormKing33

Ok, I see some people must have liked this story, but I'm having real trouble understanding it.

For the reasons Stormking33 indicated it seems totally illogical. Why would he choose to set up himself up to be hurt again by someone who obviously hasn't changed enough to be honest and straightforward about who she was with-nor to avoid playing kissyface with the other man?

Perhaps I don't understand what the audience is for this type of story. Setting oneself up for future hurt just doesn't make any sense to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Marriage?

I liked the story except for the ending. Why the rush in getting married again? The first time was a shotgun wedding. Considering his marriage success rate, it probably be best if he waited awhile like until his death bed before tying the knot again.

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 6 years ago
Might sound a little silly but..

I kinda wonder what the rest of Med School was like for her without somebody working two jobs to support her.

Also, like many others I think that if he hadn't caught her she would have progressed to doing future doctors while sober. That seemed to be her attitude.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
STUPID RAAC ending -- she hasn't changed

She's still the entitled POS she was. And he's breathtakingly dumb to hook up with her again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This just wasn't up to your usual good writing standards, Slirpuff...

My problem is...by the end of this story, Ann has cheated on him multiple times, multiple ways!

He wonders why two of his wives, cheated on him? No wonder to me..the sorry assed limp dick wuss he was!

I just really don't like a limp-dick wuss, purposeful cucked husband or wife story!

I would hope, whoever oversees, owns and runs this site, will finally create a category, just for cucked spouse stories and put all those useless trash stories from this site and their archives, that are cucked wives or husband stories, into it, and leave them there!

That way, those of us readers, whom see a story title in LW that looks interesting, aren't taken-in by another pathetic, God damned useless, fucking cucked wife or husband story, and waste all the time it took, to find-out, after reading half way through, that's what it is!

I hate cucked wuss husband stories, or even cucked wife stories! Just hate the useless, worthless, bum-fuck stories! Why I only gave this useless story, a very low star score!

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
THE LAST LINE IS FROM THE VETS IN NAM

maybe he should think about a re-enlistment as a single. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Guess its all a matter of priorities.

Either your marriage comes first, or your marriage just isn't that important, and ends sooner rather than later. Their marriage should have been more important than any career or profession. He should have gone with her to New York, or she should have gone to some other school. Or they should have just admitted the marriage was not the priority and divorced. Happens all the time.

Then for him to just dump her without any discussion or details, that's just juvenile arrogance, and she was better off without him.

Maybe they will make it now, or maybe they won't, who can tell? And who cares? Two dysfunctional people who still don't seem to have learned to communicate. I'm guessing they won't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Enjoyed the flow of this one, right up to that B.S. ending.

The author couldn't decide if he was creating a guy who was hurt by his wife's betrayal of trust or just pissed off that she kept entertaining other men, blaming it on "over reaction" or immaturity. Either way, that gushing ending didn't take into account - or rectify - all of the anguish she'd caused him. Plainly, it ruined the story. 2 ☆

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Of course not. Sir Cuck's femdom stories tend to follow the same, mentally unhinged, laws. Women are not responsible for their actions. Wherever someone with any talent or skill would create believable interaction, Sir Cuck gives his characters convenient lobotomies which completely erase the emotional connections they had with their clear memories, which were evident until the last few paragraphs of a story. Any friends or family the male characters have, behave as if they were androids from a science fiction story, betraying the author's sincere belief that his audience is so utterly moronic, that they don't even get pulled out of the story flow by obviously nonhuman reactions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What

What an arrogant insecure person he is.Why did he not talk to Robin,instead of running away with his tail between his legs.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The ex wife blames him???

Fuck her with a pinecone and move on!

Then says an out of town doctor is visiting.. but its her ex fiancee??

Fuck her with a pine cone. And move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Tell you what Anonymous 10/02/18

Get married, then go out of town for months, ignore your wife, and when she comes to see you make sure she sees your dick in another woman's mouth

Let us know hoe your clam rational conversation keeps your marriage intact

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a let down!

Had the potential of being a really good story but ended with a whimper! The woman was put through School by David, cheated on him and was divorced. Then she came close to marrying a fellow doctor, (for whom she blew off her weekend with David) and went out with him instead, holding hands, kissing and dancing close and David the idiot proposes to her again?? The man is brain dead. What about her attitude?. -- And wait for the interrupting phone calls which he can look forward to for the rest of his life, or till such time as he can no longer stand it!! What a future and with what a woman!!! 2*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Childish

Okay David was mad at Robin,but the at he reacted was childish.He should have confronted her when he caught with another man and thrashed it out there and then.He can't just take her back years later saying he loves her,because his action surely said otherwise,as if he did he would have sorted it out on the night.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Err

Err Just brilliant I do read a lot of stories on this site and I rarely do find a story that 1 I can’t stop reading 2 it lets me fall into the characters you describe etc . Once I start to get to the point where I can’t stop reading this fantastic story or just how you say put the “ bloody “ thing down ( aka my tablet ) I just know that this is what I rarely call a superb bit of great literature on your part so keep it up and write more stories please

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous