Jay's Loelife Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh..." Donna wipes her hands on his pants. "Sure, that would be nice."

The girls look at each other. I get the distinct impression they've never been invited into the kitchen before. They don't have time to think about it, Derek and Taylor push them off the sofa and towards the kitchen.

I make it a point to let the girls take point on the dish, allowing them to bask in the spotlight. "The key is to not overcook the swiss chard," I tell them quietly.

The smile on their faces when everyone sits down and takes their first bites is everything, but it's nothing compared to the happiness that exudes from Derek and Taylor, knowing their fiancées got to cook in their mom's kitchen for the first time.

Jay squeezes my thigh under the table and leans in close. "I love you."

****

Jay makes everyone squeeze in for a selfie on the tarmac outside of the private jet.

"Don't be a stranger," Taylor says. "Maybe we can come visit you soon?"

"You're always welcome."

Donna and Robert hand me a bag. "It has some of the best Wisconsin has to offer."

"Thank you, I'm sure it's great."

"There's more where that comes from," Donna says. "But you gotta come back for it."

Taylor gives Derek a knowing look, then they look at me, daring me to tell them there isn't validity to what they told me last night. Jay really is clueless. He doesn't see any of it. As I board the plane, I brace myself for what will ultimately be a terrible conversation, but Derek and Taylor are great men and they deserve someone to advocate for them. Like Derek said, a good family isn't a perfect family. There may not be hope for me to have that good family unit, but there's still hope for them.

Copyright © 2022 Mrsgnomie; All Rights Reserved.