All Comments on 'Jennifer Ch. 03'

by Doglover12345

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Story was great ... Your a great writer don't stop :)

BahamaBahamaalmost 11 years ago
Wow

That was an awesome ending ! You are very good , you should write more stuff .

bloodandsandbloodandsandalmost 11 years ago
please keep writing.

i hope that you will continue to write and submit stories on lit. you are truly an amazingly talented writer. thank you for sharing your work with us.

SwifthawkSwifthawkalmost 11 years ago
Thanks for sharing!

You have great talent and this story was fantastic. My only complaint (if you can call it that, more constructive criticism lol), was that I felt that the confrontation with her parents and the eventual conclusion was a bit rushed. Other than that, character build up, the story, all of it, absollutely great. I'm looking forward to reading more from you and again, thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WAY Too Understanding

I'm glad it worked out, but way too unrealistic Alex saying she'll wait "as long as it takes." She SHOULD have said, "Yeah, I'll give you space, but don't be surprised if you find that space occupied when you come back!"

HlovestoreadHlovestoreadalmost 11 years ago
Amazing

I loved your story! I hope you start a new one, and I have no doubt that it will be just as good. Please continue writing.

Doglover12345Doglover12345almost 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks everyone!

I'm glad you liked it! I have another story in the works, but I just started it so it may be a while before it gets posted on here. However, ill keep you all updated on its progress. Thanks again! :)

blahhead818blahhead818almost 11 years ago
Great ending to a wonderful story, it was really good but...

I thought it was kinda weird how Alex never said she loved Jennifer seeing as how she was so emotional after their "break up" and was determined to wait for her because she was worth it. It was an awesome story though, and the ending was unique.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

That was great!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
MORE PLEASE

I loved this series. You are truly are a gifted author. I'm anxiously awaiting your story. Thanks for sharing. ChristieP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
:)

beautiful:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

awesome series

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful!!!!!! Loved It!!

I Loved it!!!, Very good work!!! :)

mo_from_tnmo_from_tnover 10 years ago
That was an excellent story.

I have to say I usually read for the sex parts, but your story was so compelling , it made no difference. I had to keep reading. Thank you and please keep writing you have a great gift.

BugattiTBugattiTover 10 years ago
Excellent

You have really captivated my heart with this story series, great work :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Splendid.

Loved all 3 chapters!

The story was/is lovely and well executed.

Lots of feels. ÷)

The mechanics of your writing tightened up with each chapter. The only thing l would dare to sugest would be an extra round of proofing.

So glad you kept going after chapter 1. l would have hated to have to HUNT YOU DOWN for being so cruel and leaving us all hanging! ;-P

Garie .

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

This ruined my life

never felt emotions this real from a fictional story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

You did a hell of an amazing job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
real emotions! I love it!

this is really captivating...from chap 1 to 3.i was engrossed to your story...i almost teared up in the end

Keep it up plz and write more...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing.

Your story gave me so many emotions that I never feel from the other stories. I love how real it felt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Amazing !! No other words can describe.

ヾ(@^∇^@)ノ

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 8 years ago
Thereare infomercials that are more believable than this story

I simply cannot believe for one second that Jennifer's whole family, with one exception, would turn right around in the span of four weeks and say Honey, it's perfectly all right for you to be a lesbian. The mother would NEVER have another lesbian experience again and you know that. She would fight against lesbianism with the zeal of a Baptist convert, and rightly so if it proved disastrous to her marriage and she barely hung on. The father was extremely reluctant to accept Jennifer and only did it to try to avoid breaking up his family. Fat chance! who knows how much hurt the family went through the first time? Come ON! If the family forbids it, WALK ... AWAY. PERIOD. Alex knew better than that after seeing her own family disintegrate! The only good part of this story is the little boy finally finding a loving home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
thank you

All 3 pts were absolutely amazing and you amazing talent for writing shows so keep up the magnificent work that you do!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I love this but the families aprovel for it is so unlikely

Ive read all 3 chapter of this story but theres a problem. The main one is that I find it very hard to blieve that Jennifers family would eventually give her their aproval besides Charlet. Now don't get me wrong, You were aiming for a happy ending and you did just that but to me, people who outwittingly say that being lesbian is "revolting" are highly unlikely to change there opinion. Now there is a chance tha the witness what they said hurt Jennifer but, their aprovals will be rendered mute becauese they did it out of pity. Even the father admtted that he aproves just to keep the family together. Now if Jennifer realizes that having only 1 family member aproval (Eric) is ok than having none, then i guess I would believe it. Again FANTASTIC job on this story. IT WAS SPECTACULAR!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
Wow, totally fantastic story!

First of all, Alex has the patience of Job, or maybe Jennifer is just really that much worth waiting for. Either way, this was a fantastic series, and I really appreciate you sharing it with us. You have talent, please continue to craft these wonderful stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful series.

It broke my heart when Jen's family reacted the way they did but I'm so glad when she came to her senses. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
patience indeed

Yeah. I'd have called the mom a cheating whore and said the only reason hers was a mistake was because she was shitting on her marriage vows.

Nightfall64Nightfall64over 4 years ago
Loved it.

You actually brought tears to this old widowed man's eyes, these stories are so tender, loving, and touching. Thank you!!!

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

This is a really good story you have written and I really enjoyed reading this story of true love between two ladies, and hope you will write more about these two Jen and Alex you have shown what true love is for these two ladies and I am glad they are a couple they deserve each other Jen's sister Charlotte needs to bring herself into the present day all three stories are fantasticlly written thank you Doglover 12345

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it too

Great story. Well written. Please write more. I know it’s a huge time commitment to write, but have a gift for storytelling.

Thanks

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 2 years ago

I enjoyed this a great deal. It pulled me in and made me cry it was so touching.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. You skillfully showed the negative reactions some families have towards LGBT+ individuals. Not everyone's coming out experience is rainbows and sunshine. I'm glad they got their happy ending.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Writing is hard. In many many different ways.

But the hardest, in my opinion, is listening to criticism. There are many who, when they dislike a story, say some mean things, almost none of which are useful to you as a writer. You cannot grow from such feedback.

But criticism is really one of the best ways to grow (practice is another). I am a writer and have experienced great growth from the criticism I've received over the years. So, in that spirit...

This was an interesting and sweet story, except for two important things:

1. You portrayed Jen in a multi-personality-disorder way. First, she was a liar and manipulator. Though not said, the implications of that are that *if* she hadn't felt something for Alex, she would have punted her to the curb and forgotten about her. That is a cold bitch. And there was no hint, anywhere in the sequence leading up to their encounter that Jen was interested in sex. Yet, then she claims that's ALL she was interested in—if that was the case, what took so damned long? Just get it over with. But then she runs away, for what reason? Because she's confused? I was the one confused. And she would have kept running if Alex hadn't done something. Weak. And her weakness came right back later, as if she was just too stupid to have anticipated how the "outing" might go. With her, it was one tiny push ... and she ran. Repeatedly.

2. You portrayed Alex as weak as well. Having no backbone to stand up for herself. Forgive, forgive, forgive. That was really the only role she had in the story. Just forgive pitiful Jen and take her back, over and over. Jen cries, Alex caves. Right to the last page. Sure people can get blinded by beauty, and turn into rugs. But it's not really appealing out of the story's protagonist.

Unfortunately, as portrayed, I cannot give them even a year of happiness. They will be hating each other before that's up. Jen is a taker. Alex is a (for)giver. Not healthy. But most damning, I saw no character development on either of their parts that would lead me to believe they can grow out of their broken personalities.

The story would have been much more powerful (and useful to readers), if Alex had just walked away. It could have served as a lesson/warning about unrealistic expectations out of college-age lesbian relationships. The ending was more oblivious than happy, given who they seemed to be. Sex for the very closing scene can never be taken seriously in a story about love. It's too much like thirteen year olds.

And perhaps you felt the same way deep down, as there was not a hint of anything about their future in the ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous