All Comments on 'Jenny and Carrie Ch. 10'

by JenniElizabeth

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
lovercat2942lovercat2942over 13 years ago
Great lessons in life

Some great message in this chapter. The ladies learn the important principle of LIMIT SETTING in the context of how far they push their bodies. We are given one body in life, and it is up to us to be good to it and know when to say know and stop.

One other related thing, though, is I would like to see the ladies see the importance of being good to number one and not doing things so much to please their family or their coaches or whatever. For heaven's sake, it is wonderful for them to want to have babies just for the sake of having babies and becoming mothers--enough of the noble thinking of wanting to do it to make their mothers grandparents. Jen and Carrie, humble as they are and lovable as they are, they have he tendency to push themselves too hard.

(Jenni, I am not trying to rewrite your beautiful story but rather just express some thoughts that come to mind while reading.)

The description of the sexual encounter is just beautiful; again, it is nothing I wouldn't expect for two people who are very deeply in love with each other. Very humanly and delightfully told.

And I got a huge kick out of that reference to the "man in the boat." I had never heard that expression to describe that part of the body before, but it is really so accurate.

In summary, I love the lessons you are teaching us in this story, Jenni. Keep on writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous