All Comments on 'Jessa Ch. 12'

by Chimera44

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeover 7 years ago

Hey! Some people were on team Arnau, you know! Doing away with a perfectly suave and irritant Casanova, not to mention that he was doubling as the comic relief, well I never! All he needed to do was go to gym. And invest in a rather large gun. Payroll a small army - has the police-force been unforced? A detonator + a couple of mortars and he'd be perfectly safe. But now I've got this niggling suspicion that he is in the Erich-Torah-Touchy-Feely-Club...just another dip in the enticing pool of deception - well at least she got an orgasm out of it. Oh, by the way, did Torah's mother know a dude called Moses? Just asking... Thanks for story. I'll try and be patient till the next update, but I need my anger-fix or else my crude weapon-making suffers. Much love!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Addicted!

I love this series! I love you written Jessa. She isnt some defenseless female. She evaluates her environment and people, she plans ahead of the actions to come from her actions. Its a game of cat and mouse and she is mentally trying to stay ahead. I love that, it makes me guess or sense her next moves. I was excited that a new chapter was posted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really enjoying this read.

So much so that I am already begging you to put out Chapter 13 as quick as possible.

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 7 years ago
Such a compelling mystery!

You have created characters and a plot and sub plots that are totally engrossing!

Love when Jessa kicked Arnau's ass...twice! The sub plot mystery is just as compelling and I'm as frustrated as Jessa to understand just what her pairing with Torah really means.

I'm not a patient person, never have been and likely never will be. I wish you weren't being side tracked with your other stories, but I can't help being impressed that you are able to spin out several different stories at the same time. How do you focus on one story while the others are also swimming around your brain? Do you not become obsessed with one? Don't the characters bleed from one story to the other? Maybe I should read your other stories to find out for myself.

I did read your poetry "Dementia" I think was the title. I took care of my mother as she declined in dementia. It's utterly heart breaking. Her delusions and hallucinations went from momentary to full time. They were nightmarish worlds from which she could not be awoken. By the time the end came, her peace was a blessing. I could not go through that again with my husband as it seems you have done. I'm sorry for anyone facing that. I hope your writing is cathartic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

You are such a good writer!! More please :)))

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The plot is moving in the direction that I expected,

...and I really enjoy your heroine, but I'm not sure that I will ever be able to accept Jessa forgiving a man who raped and dominated her. I think she broke the wrong man's arm.

The scene where Torah offered her ass to his henchman. That was a deal-breaker for me. I'm still reading, but Torah is dead to me.

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 7 years ago
Interesting that some readers have the exact opposite impression of Jessa than I do.

They see Jessa as strong. I see her as mentally weak to give in to an affair and physically weak, as the character you've built her up to be would have been better able to defend herself and avoid getting raped. I'm disgusted with her choices and have no sympathy for her character anymore. I made excuses for her before but now, I just don't like her, which is dangerous because if you don't like the characters, there isn't much point in reading. I wasn't very happy with Torah either but he may have understood her enough to know that she can't stop resisting and being contrary, in which case, he may have been right to just do what was necessary to save the world.

The story continues to be very well written, but I spent the majority of the chapter wondering why you hate your readers and why you hate the characters. Each paragraph felt like torture. I'm reading still because I want to find out how they are special but another chapter like this and I will have to part ways with the story, even without closure.

These are just my impressions and they are clearly quite different from the others who have commented. I hope the majority of your readership continues to enjoy the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Jessa Affair Not So Unreasonable

I had a problem with Jessa's affair at first, but I now find it realistic when you examine the circumstances more fully. She is perhaps 23 and never really had sex with anyone but Torah, and most of that was forced. She is married against her will to a man she does not love for the sole purpose of conceiving his children. She is lured to the apartment by Arnau and makes a conscious choice to have sex with a man she chose. She knows that Torah might become furious, but she has an answer for that seeing that they have no fidelity bond yet, and her eggs were harvested taking away any pregnancy argument. Why should he care if she has a harmless affair as long as it does not interfere with his needs for her?

On the other hand, it was probably stupid and naive for her to sleep with such a dangerous person, a fact that fits her impulsive personality perfectly. She is a self-confident, independent, and capable woman who is being controlled totally. She knows that she needs to change, but Torah's rules go against her very personality. True to her new duality, she decides to end the affair, then submits to Arnau once again, then fights him as he rapes her. True to her old self, she impulsively breaks his bone and threatens him risking making him an enemy.

I think the author has nicely portrayed Jessa's duality and struggle with her new vs. old life. People do not change their personalities easily, and some argue never. I see Jessa as a growing character who s trying to adapt to Torah's world, but her independence and impulse blast through her reserve and she goes after what she wants in spite of the risks. Her actions seem very believable from this perspective.

-J

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I am DYING

Please post a new chapter soon...

Chimera44Chimera44over 7 years agoAuthor
From the Author

Writing the next chapter right now!

hellinahelmethellinahelmetover 7 years ago
Well done

Just finished all chapters, started reading this story at 0815 and finished it now, haven´t done that in a while. Really kept my attention going...looking forward to the next chapters, just hate waiting for them, hahaha...Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
We'll damn!

So much for Frenchie being anything more than just another greedy self serving asshat! Why can't there be just one decent available man? Why do they all have to be completely damaged or narcissists? This is when I totally get why some women turn to their own gender after a lifetime of abuse at the hands of men.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous