All Comments on 'John: How to Save a Life'

by lover1953

Sort by:
  • 203 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Our country is strange. Marriage is now a legal contract. But we can Not do anything if a party breeches it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I got to page three before I needed to read the comments to see if it was worth reading further. --- Nope.

And what exactly was this on page one:

=============================

My head started spinning again and I had to go lay down.

Move this paragraph....

Fuck. The 'talk' did not go well.

=============================

Weird.

LoejtcLoejtcover 2 years ago

A key part of the story is missing. At the bottom of page 7 Andrea admits that her $400,000 slush fund is unreported earned income. John's lawyer, Roy is incompetent if not grossly negligent.

Assuming John and Andrea filed a joint return, John is just as liable as Andrea for tax evasion if the IRS catches the fraud. And it is clear that Andrea's actions were a willful intent to defraud the government.

John needs to get a tax attorney and have him negotiate with the IRS that his client will turn whistleblower on his ex wife in return for not being held responsible for any penalties Andrea is charged when the IRS audits her returns.

This would bring a whole new meaning to the last sentence uttered by Andrea at week 106. " I'm so stupid. Now what the fuck do I do?

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

I liked it, but toward they end we got less and less of Andrea's perspective. I think that was a mistake

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

United States of America - Welcome to the dumb and dumbest of the people who live here without relationship ethics and culture to make humans think straight. Lol

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

glad i wasted 6 pages of reading for you to change the wifes character to a super slut whos hiding money from her husband and blahblahblah. would be fine if you didnt tell the story from her perspective a few times.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

your display of emotions from the wife is poor and very inconsistent with her behaviour. She's upset about the divorce while planning her own exit strategy. At the end she claims she really fucked up. She has done nothing to indicate that she agrees with this. Rather poor character development.

And he was way too weak in his actions and behaviour.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 2 years ago

Why didn't he call the asshole's wife? And then divorce the bitch. hidden funds? Love nest?? At least he won in the end, but what a long, convoluted way to go. The Bear sort of approves. little long, but worth it in the end.

The BEAR

underdog1underdog1over 2 years ago

I noticed the rating at 4.51 out of a possible 5, for those to ignorant to understand the basics of math that is the equivalent of a 92 out of a possible 100, or in even more basic math an A. Why are there no stories written for others to read from this obviously self-proclaimed critic, anonymous? I have seen countless negative comments from him or her, but not one literary piece. I find that strange because you obviously possess writing skills beyond the drivel you so eloquently run down. How about drafting your own story and share your vast skill with us? As good as I'm sure it will, possibly to be scripted and eventually made it into a movie.

Gram1Gram1over 2 years ago

I must've missed the part where the author explained why the LW not only bought a love nest, but started hiding all her money. I read her explanation about the condo and that she was hiding her money, but not why. Surely it wasn't because she planned on bailing, otherwise why did the author have her once again repeat how she wanted her family, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Re: underdog1 It appears you have anger issues. Perhaps it's you that has the problem, not the anonymous commenters. It also appears you are a self proclaimed critic of others rather than the story, which public feedback was designed for. As far as being anonymous, you also fit into that category, for I'm sure your real name isn't 'underdog1', although that name is fitting. By the way, where is your masterpiece? You do know whining is unbecoming of a porn reader. I've only read one story from this author, February Sucks, which I considered garbage, hopefully this one will be better. I'll let you know what I think of it, so don't get your hackles up yet.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

This wife is a sociopathic narcissistic slut who betrays every single aspect of her marriage. She is so blatantly toxic that any husband with any testosterone would immediately burn the Bitch with extreme attitude. You waste pages of spurious nonsense trying to resolve the obvious. A marriage with a sociopath is an oxymoron. Thus the author fails to persuade the reader to suspend disbelief.

Epic fail 1 star for consistent stupidity.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Good Rough Draft

What is missing is the hard work of turning this unfinished opus into an evenly paced, interesting, short story. All we got is a draft version that includes editing options and editing notes.

Based on the score (stars), there is a strong basis here for a great short story. BTW, a score of 4.51 equates to 90.2%, not 92%...

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I couldn’t agree more with ‘servant111’s

comments, particularly the sociopathic narcissistic part of it. She unilaterally destroys their marriage and John just sticks his head in the sand. Most of this story just defies belief.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

All your women are kinda the same aren't they? Seemingly highly educated, reasonably wealthy, and utterly stupid. I really hope that isn't how you consciously or unconsciously perceive them in real life, but being an amateur writer myself, I know authors, "write what [they] know," or at least have on their minds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Could use a little payback on Rob and the agency. Seems like his ex could gave suffered a bit more regrets.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Genuinely awful story, poorly written, even more poorly conceived. It's not worth writing a detailed critique because this author has stock characters involved in the same cliched situations. That said, this story is among his worst. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I liked it. Thought the ending get fell of a cliff after the divorce.

Ex got of way too easy. Should have lost half off her secret account. She had paid off her condo. Was she doing separate taxes? If not how could she hide her condo and secret account? How could she be a "fit" parent when she was never home?

What happened tho Andrea and her lovers afterwards? Did her kids ever see her again?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just another cuck story where the wife wins and man’s loses. Can anybody write a story with a male character with his balls still attached.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Somewhere, buried in All these words, was a halfway decent story. I have to confess thought that I bailed after a few pages. Just too repetitive and stereotypical.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

1 star - FANTASY does not even begin to describe this mess. What a screwed up story this was and mostly cuck/wimp trash. Just a really bad idea.

No man in his right mind would have put up with any of this woman's crap. I would not have touched her, nor talked to her, ever again after what she said regarding the condoms in her purse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very, very long, but despite that the ending was super quick. It would have been good to have the Ex see a very pregnant Jane as part of her regrets. Still OK.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written. A very thoughtful story about what a man faced with losing his kids would be willing to endure. In reality, most men would desert the kids and the girls would be pregnant and stripping in less than 10 years. The boys in jail. This is what is happening everyday in America.

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

In all of the Literotica stories, the husband, betrayed by his wife, never wants a divorce because he is told he will be raped during the proceedings, the loss of children, the loss of assets and returned with most of the time a repair so implausible that it is stupid.

Out of the numbers, more than 45% of marriages end in divorce.

And of these divorces, almost 70% concern people under the age of 45. So almost always with children involved.

This means that approximately 1 child in 3 grows up in a separated or blended family.

But not here! how funny! Either there is a latent and ignored syndrome of the Cuckold/Wimp lifestyle.

Either men are more attached to their dough than to keep their integrity and their self-respect.

Personally, I don't need a bigger house, or a bigger car, or a new TV, or an expensive vacation.

On the other hand, being able to stand proudly in front of my children, or look at myself with my head held high in front of my mirror every morning, is priceless.

The choices you make determine who you are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That relationship contract was nothing but a joke and a story filler... the husband was entitled to no fairness whatsoever, it said virtually nothing but a bunch of feel-good platitudes, and no one was held accountable to anything... in other words, it was not a contract, just a wish list and filler for the story... husband is just a whimp falling in the arms and trap of another woman having an affair with a married man... the cosmos could not have conjured up a more fantastic joke/tragedy... we just have to have sympathy for the children who have to endure these sad, pitiful, and pathetic fools.

Ocker53Ocker53about 2 years ago

Why write crap like this? I notice many authors use Divorce laws as an excuse for the husband to have no balls, they never take in account human emotion which would never allow a situation like this. Just 💩

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I see the "real men" are having a field day with this. I feel sorry for their kids.

My biggest problem with this story was the repetition. All three characters repeat the same things over and over, almost in the same words. The editing process should have cut out much of that. I did think it pretty hilarious when John shoved his cook into Jane's pussy. Imagine the visual.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 2 years ago

This was completely missing the "how Andrea"s brain broke" narrative!!

"Thursday afternoon with Rob" becomes hiding money, buying a love nest, picking up a 3rd man (before or after last time with John?), and disappearing from her children's lives -- all without any details???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Generally, a good story, but it's very long. Despite this length, there are times where events are skipped over. Finally the ending comes very quickly with a mediocre response from the ex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story. 5 stars. Just how does a Thursday afternoon rendezvous turn into a condo,$400,000 hidden bank account and another sex toy ? End was a little week as previously noted by earlier readers.

argeelogargeelogabout 2 years ago

Husband should have gotten part of her secret bank account.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I could not finish his story as it is not only bad but filled with too much unneeded words and a totally broken up story line.

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

Amazing story. 5 stars. I'm not sure if you intended it to SEEM like a RAAC at the beginning, only to have the good guy(s) win at the end conclusively.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

“ Move this paragraph....”

You might want to fix that.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianalmost 2 years ago

Better but still you had John stretched out a long time before he puked the trigger.. I know you Brits don’t like Guns or gun analogies but it works well in this case. John, Roy and Bob all thought that she had an exit strategy but you didn’t mention in Andrea’s writing that she was planning to pull out. What happened there? Keep writing. You’ll get better so long as you stay away from cuck stories. 😀 Oh, by the way, your grammar and spelling are pretty good. I probably notice more mistakes since i edit stories in here. My eye twitches when I see something unusual. Best of Luck. MtM

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

The author seems to retell the same tale, variations on a theme.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Meh.... I like well written longer stories here that develop the characters and the details of the story, but this is unduly verbose, painfully repetitive, and marred by lots of distracting errors and inconsistencies.

I have to say, Roy is a dreadfully bad lawyer; even John comments early that he would never want Roy to represent him in a criminal matter before a jury because of his shrugging acceptance that all of John's options are basically horrible. Yes, John made out well at the end, but that was entirely due to Andrea's walk-away from the family; Roy did nothing other than write up an agreement that would be unacceptable to a woman who wanted to remain a mother to her children. And there really is no good explanation for her rolling over except that she did not want to be married with children.

I gave it 3*** mainly for the author's efforts; it's not badly written, John is mostly a sympathetic character, though his acceptance of and agreement to his wife having another lover is a big flaw in the character (yes, I know, he "did it for the kids"; that's hardly an excuse for accepting her blatant infidelity). One last gripe: the stupid "Relationship Agreement" is the worst sort of "Woke" psychobabble and then plays absolutely no role in the story. Why is it even included? That's a mistake that should have been eliminated by the author's own editing.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Load

Load of crap.How did he know her lovers name was Rob and when and where they met early in the story.So how come he didn't know about the apartment which is where they were shagging.?How did he have time to go biking and kayaking if he was always busy with the kids activities?.Also he must be brain dead if he doesn't know what an hidden bank account with a lot of money in it means.

korba76korba76over 1 year ago

If ANY story NEEDED to be a BTB, this one was it! She should have been roasted over coals on a spit... smh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A Korba, Andrea did get roasted; she roasted herself to, assigned to a meaningless, loveless, lonely life while the world and her former family went on to a better life, without her. As she says in her own narrrative, she lost everything that mattered, or didn’t you notice or comprehend that in your lustful rage for retribution. Karma usually shows up

to take care of those that make sustained bad choices so there rarely is the need to become obsessed and distracted by the lust for revenge. Karma does a better job so the wronged party can just get on with leading a better life. Hello?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You droned on for 7 pages of cuck shit (lots of it was skipped because it's fucking cuck shit) with a very quick and unsatisfying ending.

If someone were to say that you are a cuckold or desire to be one, based on your stories it would seem highly probable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Page 1 was ok. The last page was ok. Everything in the middle was shit

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

This was ridiculous. Willing cuck for two years? Two years for lawyer and client to get serious about the situation. He got no split from her condo. Just a really weak and standard confused indecisive easily manipulated male. How many redundant times did he ask” what do I do? No way this kind of character can be successful . If he had a job as clerk in a 7-11 he would be operating at max mental capacity. Writers that present this sort of material must be operating from personal experience. Single digit IQ can be tough to overcome.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

I realized there would be huge problems with this story when we get a published version that still has author's notes in them. 1st page, "Move this paragraph."

Try submitting a final draft.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggieover 1 year ago

Nah, I don’t buy the sour grapes coming from Andrea. No reason for it, after buying the condo and having (now) two dicks on the side! Too much stretching the imagination.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

Fair. One big problem I had is why would he have sex with his wife after she admits to her adultery and then stating she wants another kid! Why would he even consider being tied to this narcissist bitch for any longer than he absolutely has to? You did miss out that I'm sure the girls will call Jane "Mom", and i seriously doubt Andrea will be involved with their lives in the future. Andrea will be too busy to see their high school graduation; and won't be invited to their college graduation, and certainly won't be invited to their marriages or birth of any grandchild. I think 10 - 15 years down the road Andrea will try something, and Diane (at her wedding or birth of her first born) will read her the riot act, chew her up one side and down the other, and spit out what would be recognized as the most vile, horrible piece of slime on the planet. And the younger kids will back Diane 100%. Andrea will realize that she gave away her family; and although she won't do all of us a favor by taking her own life she will realize that the only relationship she'll ever have in the future will be based on sex; she'll probably never have love ever again - hopefully her story becomes public, and every decent guy avoids her like she is highly radioactive. She'll be able to scratch that itch as long as she wants; but when she is sick, lonely, not in the mood, etc... she won't have anyone. Say hello to Karma bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the story except the part of him still having sex with his wife after he found out she was banging someone else.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 1 year ago

The story was good but you tend to have your protagonists screw themselves over. The wife lets him pay for the house while she squirrels away 400K in cash and buys a condo. He does not even ask or check to see if that is all she has. He accepts a little pittance and does not even ask for child support. just a one time college fund.

The guy here does not even do any investigating in the 2 or 3 years he knows his wife is cheating. He accepts her words and numbly walks through life. Wouldn't he want to know exactly who is wife was screwing? He finally gets an investigator who tells him all this stuff and he lets the information sit. He mildly confronts his wife. Nothing done to her married cheating partner. Like tell that guy's wife.

Why would you let your characters be such wimpy characters?

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

Dare2BroDare2Broover 1 year ago

Not often does an 8 page story need to be a little longer but this one needs just a little more. Andrea goes from a busy but actively involved mother to ghosting her family without comment. A couple of small sections where she shows her thought process would have been great. Also, I would have liked for Jane to discuss her desire for a kid instead of just getting pregant without any input from the father. This discussion would have been interesting.

Yes there were a number of either missing words or the wrong word but nothing that any reader shouldn't be able to understand.

I do have to say if I caught her with condoms I would be wearing condoms with her. Especially when she started talking about a fourth child.

Lastly I don't understand the comments about money, the property settlement seems to be very fair. She kept most of her money and her condo but he keeps the house ( almost paid off ), their investments plus his retirement. As a well paid engineer I assume he has a nice 401k.

Thank you for a great story with a great plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well this was a story about how a cheating wife screws her husband in a different way

He gets her half of the house

She gets to keep the condo, gives him less than a third of the $321,000 (See PI's report) she has hidden away and she has to pay nothing towards the raising of the 3 kids other than the $100,000 she gave for their education expenses, eldest is 12, that will go a long way I imagine.

Her lawyer would have been saying "quick, sign the agreement before he wakes up.

Could have at least have him tip of the wife of one of her lovers.

Andrea must be laughing her ass off

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

The Andrea reaction to divorce seemed contrived and incomplete, just surface thoughts. No feeling really. "i realized my life was over and that sex had ruled me. My next load of laundry will be for one..." Well, Mrs. Spock, I guess you took the Vulcan Mating Ritual too literally...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The "5" I gave it says what I think.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Extremely well-written, with enough question as to the eventual outcome to keep things interesting for most of the tale. Serendipitous new relationships do happen sometimes (Jane), and information out of left field does too (Andrea's hidden assets and condo). The former was to be expected but the latter seems quite contrived to make Andrea even more of a "dark" figure than she had previously been portrayed--and to my mind cast a real sense of unnecessary "how low can she go" tenor to a woman who was otherwise portrayed as simply too self-absorbed to remain a "good wife and mother", but whose saving grace in being that was her recognition that her sex was in fact a recreational physical need, not a need for an emotional affair. THAT would have been sufficient reason in and of itself for John to divorce her once the kids were old enough to grasp the reality of the situation.

Other than those quibbles, this was a very good read (done all at one sitting). Thanks for sharing your creative imagination with us. More please.

MLJ

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

I liked this a lot. Here's a thought, though. What if the wife had not turned into a bitch? If she kept to her agreement, juts fucked the guy once a week and kept being Mom? Now he has a pregnant Jane, and Andrea. Another story I guess. Things were headed toward some major heartbreak, but veered off in time. D

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

Good story. John having full custody of the girls is the only way it could go. If she had full custody, well that’d put a big crimp in her social / work lifestyle. And that just wouldn’t do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

“When I have my needs met, I function at a much better level”? This real estate agent sounds like the nutjob cancer researcher who has to fuck when she’s stumped for an idea. Does this phenomenon really exist, or is this just the latest excuse on Literotica to cheat?

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

You are a far better writer than this garbage would suggest, absolutely a waste of my time⭐️

waltdeewaltdeeabout 1 year ago

Very good story. I would've liked Andrea to face John at the end and acknowledge that she fucked up and how much she realizes, too late, she lost. But that's just a minor quibble.

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Although it was an interesting story, not run of the moll, it was rather long winded. Therefore the 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I forced myself to read thru cp3. then i just had to quit. Pussyass hubby made me want to throw up. What a damn wuss!! I was gagging so hard i thought i would pass out. I gave it a 0.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

I liked this story - 5*****! I don't think of this as a story driven by the wife's need for sex outside the marriage. I think of it as someone who is incapable of living within the marriage, who needed a separate identity, and that need eventually drew her out of the family. I don't think she understood her own self. Very interesting and well written.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Another weak hisbamd 1 yr before he lays down he starts divorce. BS another story a weak mc seems to be a thread qith all your atoriea. The mc is a weak willed moron and the wives are sluts

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat12 months ago

I almost quit after a few pages of the wimp willing cuck of a husband. Probably should have. At least he finally found his F-it button. 3*

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

Once again I like your story, but it feels like a close copy of others that you have written, I don’t know the order that you wrote them ( to lazy to go look) so maybe this was the first and the others were the copy’s, I liked the plot and characters but you make the main female just to stupid,

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I don't understand. What was it that prevented Ray the lawyer to enlist Bob the investigator when the MC came to him the 1st time?

The situation more or less the same.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I found a solution while reading page one. Kill Rob. I wish I had stopped there, but I suffered through two more pages. I have no clue how this story ended

Tundah50Tundah5011 months ago

Read page 1 then page 8 and don't feel like I missed out on any of the story in between. Seems like the same story played out in 80% of the stories in this category

FluidswallowerFluidswallower10 months ago

Another good read!!!! Thanks again!

NickTeeNickTee10 months ago

A long drive to nowhere...

Pinto931Pinto9319 months ago

Quite a good story but almost all of your stories are the same only the names and title changes.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

An impression of déjà vu.

Why does the writer feel the need to give us à summary of what has happened from time to time?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wait why did Andrea suddenly have hidden accounts, her own condo, and instantly ghosts her children?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Interesting.how.many of.these stories have the loving wife acting like a.rwal.life cheating husband in terms of their motives and sex on the brain at the cost of everything else. Men and women have extramarital affairs for very different reasons. Men are more likely to cheat at least once by their 50s (29% vs 19% though women's share has gone by 1.5-fold since mid 90s) but a wife's affair is on avergae longer (6 months). But again their rationales as dumb as they may be are very different for husband's and wives. That being said so many authors write these loving wives as if their motivations are those of cheating husbands, presumably because the author's themselves are males? It isn't always the case, buy it is the typical scenario. Just an observation. Anyways Andrea was an execrable bitch who gave up.on her family for some sexual thrills. /golfclap

Happily_Married87Happily_Married878 months ago

Great story! I enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another dumb fuck husband story. He wasted two years stressing and fucking around with his dumb slut wife and giving her that power to cuckold him to her wishes the entire time. This bitch needed burned to the ground but her tool of a husband wouldn't have had a clue how to do that.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Andrea was a serious headcase. And the relationship agreement was stupid. She wouldn't know what to do with the kids if they got an earlier divorce. Seriously does cr$p like this actually happen?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I gave the story four stars because the writing was good and there were precious few errors.

The storyline, however, left a lot to be desired. It ended well for the husband and his new wife but what man in his right mind signs an agreement letting his wife have weekly sex with another man outside of their marriage. It was bound to end in tears. The term “wimp”, “cuck”, & “simp” spring to mind.

Schwanze1Schwanze16 months ago

Didn’t feel patient. Read pages 1 and 8. Worked out fine

rbloch66rbloch666 months ago

It's really painful watching a house burn down so slowly.

pummel187pummel1876 months ago

Wife - "now what do I do?"

I think I can speak for the 97 percent of readers -

"WHO FUCKING CARES DIRTBALL"

FreakpowerFreakpower6 months ago

I don't see any problem with Andrea. I'm Rob and I would love to meet Jane❤️ too

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

4 Stars as sadly I have been on that dumb ride . I got rid of my first Lawyer and got a good one . Sadly California is a state that screws you no matter what . I might add that California does it to you Bare Back . Once I found out about My ex wife cheating on Me I never had Sex with her again . I do not need any Diseases . I also got checked twice

Busman19639Busman196396 months ago

John is a schmuck. I wouldn’t have put up with the wife’s shenanigans and would have dumped here quickly, but my story would have been a lot shorter.

morzilmorzil6 months ago

I like your writing buy feel like you are a bit of a one trick pony. Not every story has to have a long description of how bad the divorce laws are in New York. Maybe try another state. They are not all like that.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written but long and drawn out. However little of it made any sense. Andrea came off as a psychopath who had zero empathy and only thought about sex. She was a caricature of a married woman. She would have been a mess with custody of the kids if they divorced earlier. Besides unknown to John, she was alrwayd hiding money and bought the her sex condo. She woukd have gotten burned financially. Also she had a reputation in her business. Evidence of her cheating wouldn't parley into anything by Fanily court but would have absolutely destroyed her business income and also collateral damage on her parents. Heck all the hsuband needed to do is record her having some of their weird discussions and listen to her propose the "agreement". They might have ended up still in joint custody but now they have the family house and her condo. And she could no longer parent as she became a walking vagina that used up all her blood. Waiting so long like this meant for a diverting story but wasn't remotely rational. Oh well it is fiction.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Roy, the Attorney, would be DISBARRED for what he told John. Attorneys have to keep a PROFESSIONAL relationship with clients. This includes describing financial and social issues that are part of the case in a PROFESSIONAL manner. Saying that in a divorce ""You're fucked, my boy." is NOT professional. Telling him that such and such are BAD would violate his bar license in ANY state. Conning John to wait would also be a BAD thing.

Character development of Andrea was just.....BAD....HORRIBLY BAD. Andrea's character is shallow, zombie-like, boring, and really puts women in a bad light (Jumping the Shark), just to progress the story line. Author had her repeating "This has nothing to do with you, John. This has everything to do with me. This is just something that I need, and it is separate from you and I and our family." and talking to defend that action, ad nauseam.

This behavior is an indicator of a mental health issue. THEN, the fact that she not only has 1 man she is having sex with outside of her marriage, she gains 2 more, having a "Stable" of men. This is a severe issue. BUT, then you have the fact that she bought a condo, saved HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars.

Andrea did all this while saying that she "...Needs her husband." By all rights this would be evident to John and anyone else she interacted with. This would be enough to get her put into a mental health facility for evaluation. This is a SEVERE issue. The Author never addresses this issue.

In the divorce, even if John filed immediately, the adultery IN NEW YORK would have played a HUGE part and John would have raped her financially in the divorce. Waiting until she had the "Stable" of men and the condo was just icing on the cake. John could EASILY have gotten A LOT MORE money from her, as well as alimony. But John has to be that wimp and accept less for WHAT REASON?

Not impressed with all the plot holes and messed up issues put into the story, then not followed on. Then there is the changing goals of all the characters in the game. WIth refinement and some editing, it might be a decent story, but this is just another case of Jumping the Shark to get a reaction from the audience.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

OK, predictable ending from previous stories; theme is repetitive. Too many filler paragraphs and sentences of recapping the story in odd places and repeating thoughts of characters; could be 30% shorter. Still better than most.

bigbob2406bigbob24064 months ago

Why do the anonymous readers waffle on at such length over irrelevant details ? Are they so stupid that they think the story is reality? It's a story people. Read it fo what it it.Nobody is interested in your idiotic ramblings. Rant over.I enjoyed it !!

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Bigbob2406 makes a great point. These are just fictional stories, with no basis in real life. Everyone likes a story with a measure of realism, but when the story is over, so are the characters. My pet peeve is the idea that these are exercises for English 101. Nitpicking every missing comma, or dropped participle is too much. I guess that bothers me because I don’t know no grammar. I can read it , but I can’t write it. Just enjoy the story, or don’t . This one was great.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

a quick question for all the naysayers and whiners out there , do you know ANY unhappy men or women ?? not happy ones,but ones who think there's always more to life than they have ?? they say men think with their little heads,no kidding . yet a woman will do almost anything if she thinks she's missing out on something . so what is SHE thinking with then ?? divorce statistics will show that men and women alike do stupid things that cause divorce .

Cracker270Cracker2704 months ago

What bigbob2406 said times two

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why is it every time he gets bad news he either has to lie down or faints. Does little man need his ass wiped for him as well. Pathetic.

Pinto931Pinto9313 months ago

Author writes well but the stories are mainly identical.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

wife went from justifying a single lover once a week and not supposedly impacting the marriage, to squirling away lots of money, buying her own place, spending no time with her family and taking on an additional lover. Her whole personality and stupid justifications just went down the toilet. And the whole concept of the written agreement was a bit over the top stupid and accomplished nothing.

And one doesn't have to give approval to her affair(s) to stay married. Why he didn't move out of the bedroom, or kick her out of the bedroom is beyond me.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Your stories are all very similar. Same plot same premises just switch the names around.

NitpicNitpic2 months ago
Far

Far too long for what it was.Too much lawyer trivia along with the written agreement.How could he get weekends off to go biking when he had three young children and his wife worked weekends?.As for marrying Jane ,didn't it register with him she was as bad as his wife?She knew he was married when she started the affair,so how long dealing with three hormonal girls will it be before she takes a lover or jumps ship?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You seriously expect anybody to believe that any man, fictional or otherwise, would just continue to let his wife carry on an affair with first one man, and then multiple men and not divorce her immediately?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlover1953@lover1953
I made some changes and edits to John: How to save a life, and submitted it for posting.'s (It's not up yet) I cleaned up some of the mistakes and tried to make it a tad more readable. Pending Purgatory has ended and it's posted - hope you enjoy). I've been doing a review of...

SIMILAR Stories