Joining Her Harem Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Please Goddess spare this fool Healing

I pressed my hands into Nerks wound. He flinched some at the pressure but otherwise made no sound. His eyes were closed and he had likely passed out from blood loss. My healing spell was enough to close his wound and repair most of the damage. He would end up with a fairly grizzly scar there. To heal it completely I would need to use another one of my spells. There was no point with his blood loss he would not be able to continue on. I looked at Sumara. She looked away from my gaze. I wished she could talk to me.

Landis and Triss were discussing something in hushed tones as I approached. I knew I had a somber look on my face.

"I am sorry you could not save him princess." Landis said.

"What are you talking about? He will be fine. He just needs rest. He lost a lot of blood." I knew my disdain for Landis was evident in my tone.

"No way you could heal that wound with a basic healing spell. It would have needed restoration." Triss scoffed.

She was not wrong, restoration would have made Nerk practically new again. He would not have had a scar even. I however had not been blessed with that spell by my goddess. It would likely be years before I proved myself worthy of that.

"I used healing to close the wound and repair what damage I could. He will still need recovery time for the muscle damage I was not able to heal." I explained why Nerk was not dead but not fully recovered.

Landis did not say anything. He just took in what I said. I imagine he was trying to come up with our next move. It was clear to me what we had to do. We needed to get the hell out of here. That orc we let get away would for sure alert the others.

"Ok we will head back to camp and regroup and try again tomorrow." Landis said with a confidence that I did not think he should have.

I hear Sumara grunt as I am sure she thought the same as I did, that it was a stupid plan. So far I had not wanted to confront Landis or his actions because I was hoping for a better solution down the line. There would be no down the line if we were all dead or worse. I felt I had no choice.

"Are you insane? We are down a member after a fight with four random orcs who we got the drop on. Now you want to stay in the area, when they are sure to send armed parties looking for us." I spat at him.

Landis was taken back by my outburst. "Princess, we handled ourselves fine, Nerk just got carless. Not to mention Triss did not even help. She would have been able to deal with them all alone."

I guess he did have a point that neither I nor Triss did anything in that fight. It still did not seem like a good idea. However, Sumara looked more annoyed than concerned by Landis's suggestion and I at least trusted her instincts, as the best fighter of the group. The thought gave me an idea.

"Fine I will agree to stay but Draga gets a weapon. We cannot handicap ourselves."

Landis narrowed his eyes to me. Then looked to Sumara who had a smart ass smirk on her face. I wanted to yell at her for trying to mock him at a time like this. He might just decline out of spite.

"Fine, If that will make my princess happy." Landis took Sumara off a little ways. I assume so he could undo whatever command prevented her from using a weapon. He did not want to use her real name in front of us after all.

The pair came back and Sumara started to strip the orcs' bodies. She pulled several handaxes and a large metal slab with a sharpened edge that one of the orcs has been using as a sword. She then handed them to me, keeping one handaxe. I was unsure why until I saw her sling Nerk over her shoulder.

Sumara took point but instead of taking us back to camp she moved to the west. I was unsure why but it seemed to be Sumara's idea so I went with it. We soon came to a creek, lilley the same one or an offshoot of the one we have been running along the last few days. She moved into the creek and we moved back along it for about another hour. Then we exited and headed back to camp.

I made the excuse that I needed to check on Nerk's injury and had Sumara stop for a second. Everyone else relaxed and got some water. I approached Sumara and spoke in a hushed voice.

"What was that all about with the creek?"

Sumara just pressed her foot into the ground and then moved it pointed to her clearly defined print. Well that made sense. Now when the orcs went to the sight of our battle they would think we headed west and would hopefully lose our trail at the creek.

"Smart. I am glad you are here." I smiled, rubbing her arm. I felt a sudden drop in my stomach. "Are we really safe to stay here?"

Sumara just shook her head no.

"I figured. I will work on convincing that shithead to head home."

Sumara just huffed and leaned in to me. I was afraid she was going to try and kiss me and the other would see, causing a problem. However, she just rested her head against mine slightly then removed it before standing up to resume our trek back to camp. Goddess this was so frustrating. My mind still questioned Sumara's actions and motives, but my heart knew she was on my side.

Once back at camp Sumara put Nerk down in his tent. I had followed her and gave him a once over. His breathing was slow but regular. His color was still very pale. I exited the tent and started to prepare some broth for Nerk. Fay was cleaning her daggers and prepping her gear to be able to leave quickly if needed. Sumara was going through some of the party's gear looking for something she could use to carry her new weapons easier. Landis was pacing around camp. I will be honest I was not sure what he was doing exactly. He did walk the whole perimeter of the camp a few times. The only one not doing anything was Triss. I was not shocked that Triss did nothing. So far she had not lifted a finger to do just about anything.

It did not take too long to prepare the broth for Nerk. I knew he needed food to help him recover but I was not sure how long he would be out. I figured it was time Triss did something.

"Triss, I need to see a few things. Can you make sure Nerk eats this? Please give it to him slowly."

Triss looked at me like I had grown an extra head. "That is what we have for you princess. To play nursemaid so go be useful."

"I need to make everyone some more filling food. So unless you want to cook, get off your fat ass." I could not keep my temper in check.

Triss rose and got in my face. "What the fuck did you just say you be you little bitch." Sumara had heard me yell and had come over. Place her arm between us. "Oh fuck you to mongrel. Get your filthy arm away from me."

"Triss, I am not sure how this party has fared before I joined, but it is in real danger now. Please go give this to Nerk the sooner he is up and moving the sooner we can leave this place. We should not stick around to be taken by the orcs." If the story about Triss's family was true I hoped that fear and or hatred would convince her to listen.

"Fuck you slut you would probaly enjoy being their play thing. I see how you look at this freak." Triss spat. Before Sumara could react Landis jumped in.

"TRISS!" We all stopped. "Do it." Triss started to protest. "I don't want to hear it. Be useful or be left behind." Triss huffed and snatched the bowl from me. Landis went back to pacing around the camp.

Sumara and I were both shocked at how that played out. It seemed Landis's survival instinct did at least supersede his shithead tendencies. I had not eaten since mid day prior and I know it had been longer for Sumara. I was sure everyone else was hungry as well. We had not had a chance to catch or gather anything to eat so we were stuck with dry rations but it would fill us up. Going through our gear we had maybe three days worth. I got some out for everyone including Sumara and me and started passing it out. Landis did not say anything, even when I had given some to Sumara.

The more I watched him the more I saw the concern behind his eyes. He knew we could have an orc war party headed right for us and the best course of action was to leave. Every minute we stayed here was risking our lives. Without any other options I approached Landis alone after everyone finished eating.

"It is dangerous to stay here. Let's pack up and go." I rested my hand on his arm and tried to keep my voice gentle and calming.

Landis held his head up a little higher before responding. "What are you talking about? We have a job to do here. We cannot be chumps and return in failure."

Goddess could that be the only reason we are staying here, his pride. The sisters were right, men are stupid. "Landis none of that will matter if we are dead."

"FUCK!" Landis's outburst drew everyone's attention. Sumara was moving over but I waved her off. "You don't get it. I have to finish what I came here for."

Landis's choice of words piqued my interest. If it was just to complete the quest then why phrase it that way. There was something else going on. He is so on edge I am not sure if I should push him for info, but what other option do I have.

"Landis we can fall back to town and regroup, or see if we can get some more help if it is that important."

"NO I don't have time." Landis said as he clenched his fists together.

"Landis, it is clear something else is going on here. If you don't tell me I cannot help."

Landis snapped and jumped up and swung his arm. Causing me to fall back. "Look dammit, I am your daddy. I am in charge. You know what you need to know. Now shut that mouth of yours before I fill it, and shut it for you."

Sumara was there in a second, standing over me squaring off to Landis. "You cannot lay a finger on me, so don't act like you are going to do anything. I could fuck the little bitch right infront of you and all you could do it watch."

Landis was losing it. This was not just some quest. Something else was going on. I was not even sure there really was a quest any more. He is going to get us killed if we keep letting me run things.

Sumara helped me up and we moved to the other side of the camp. Landis went back to pacing around the camp but his movement was getting more erratic.

I pulled Fay over to join Sumara and me. We needed to come up with a plan to deal with this.

"Look Landis does not seem like he is going to give this up." I kept my voice low and I looked at the only two sane people left. Sumara and Fay both nodded their agreement.

I turned to Fay first. I needed to get her on board so we would have a chance. "I know you think we cannot leave the party, but we will find a way. The first step will be getting back to town alive. We need to confront Landis. He needs to know you and I will not follow him any more no matter the consequences."

Fay paled as I said that. She said she saw what happened to the other clerics the party had before me. She is afraid of that happening to her. I did not want to traumatize a scared girl but by the way she fought today we were going to need her. She needed to know that her options were to deal with the fall out from confronting Landis or death.

"Orcs are out there looking for us right now. Su... Draga tried to throw them off our trail but they will find this camp soon. We don't want to be here when they do. My plan only works if you agree."

"I know Ranz, but the issue is you are offering me two horrible options. Be sold off as a plaything by that sick fuck or die at the hands of the orcs. If I am lucky enough to not get captured." Fay spelled it out plainly, and she was not wrong. Neither option was appealing.

"I know it is scary but If we stay we will surely die. If we make it back to town we can try to make it to my temple before Landis has a chance to enforce the charter on us. I am not sure how they can help but the holy mother Clare is a true hero she will know what to do."

Fay bit her lip. "OK Ranz, I will follow your lead."

With Fay on board I turned to Sumara. "If we leave, can you come with us?"

"No," Sumara said, pointing to the collar.

I was afraid of that. I thought about trying to ask Sumara questions to figure out why she could not, but changed my mind. It was likely just a command of some sort so we would not be able to override it.

"I take it you were also commanded to never harm Landis" I figured based on Landis's statements earlier but figured I should confirm.

"Yes."

"So this complicates things. If Fay and I just walk away we have to leave you behind and I don't consider that an option..."

"No." Sumara interrupted and she pointed to me then pointed back toward the direction of Lutte.

"I am not leaving you behind." I said with a pained expression on my face. Sumara's face remained firm, her finger still pointing back to town. "Fine, Fay and I are strong but I am not sure we would make it back on our own. So going back as just the two of us is problematic as well."

Sumara lowered her hand, her face still clearly displaying her frustration.

"So back to my point before I was interrupted. If Fay and I manage to take Landis down would you have to stop us."

"No" Sumara tilted her head clearly interested in what the idea was going to be.

"Good. So the plan is going to be simple. I will confront Landis. I will try to convince him to head back. If he refuses, Fay will attack from behind and try to knock him out. If she cannot, I know I can take him down but I may injure him in the process. Then we tie him up and gag him so he cannot issue any commands and then we just go home."

"No" Sumara. Just ran her thumb over her throat.

"We cannot just kill him. The world may be a better place without him, but that is not for us to decide." I held my hand up as Sumara looked upset. "If doing the honorable thing is not a good enough reason. The pragmatic reason is we do not know how that will affect the party charter. It may make it harder to get free of it once he is dead." I could tell Sumara did not like the answer but accepted it.

"Fay, I will need you in position to move on Landis. My signal will be 'I cannot win with you'. Draga, be ready to intercept Triss. No need to hurt her, just keep her from casting anything until Landis is down."

We all nod in agreement to the plan and we head our separate ways. Triss had gone to lay down in the tent. Nerk as expected was still out cold in his tent. I approached Landis still pacing around the edges of camp.

"Landis, I want to talk with you about our next steps." Landis stopped. He looked incredibly annoyed that I was bothering him again. Just as he started talking I heard a whistling sound then I felt like I got punched in the chest. The next thing I noticed I had fallen to my knees. I looked to Landis to see if he had known we were plotting on him and attacked me. I could tell he was shouting something but I could not hear him.

I tried to look around but all my movements felt sluggish. I attempted to stand but my Legs gave out again and I fell back to my knees. I looked up and saw Sumara run past me. I was concerned she was going to attack Landis, but she passed him too. I could not focus on where she went. I started to feel light headed. Then I heard something faint at first. Then it grew louder.

"Ranz....Ranz... Gods are you ok Ranz."

It sounded like Fay's voice. When I tried to focus on it I realized she was right next to me holding me in her arms. "Fay what's going on? I feel so strange."

"Ranz hang in there. I am going to get it out. As soon as I do, cast healing on yourself."

Get out? what she was talking about. Her comment about healing made me think about myself. I felt cold but I did not feel any pain. Suddenly I heard a snap like a stick breaking. It was accompanied by a sharp pain in my chest. Then I felt like hot daggers were stabbing me in the shoulder. The pain caused my senses to become razor focused, clearing away some of the muddled feelings I was having.

I could hear the sounds of fighting. The grunts and cries of warriors attacking each other. The pain in my shoulder was now more intense drawing my attention there. I saw a small bloody hand gripping an arrow. I heard what sounded like Fay grunting then the pain in my shoulder shot through my spine.

"There it is out. Heal yourself Ranz!"

I started to feel Light headed as the pain started to fade away. All I could see was the tops of the trees, but then I saw Fay's face. "Ranz heal yourself, do it now!" The look of worry on Fay's face concerned me. I was not sure why she wanted me to heal myself but if she felt that strongly about it I figured I should do it.

Please goddess grant me your strength: Healing

I felt my goddess power wash over me. It was like a haze was lifted. I had been shot. Fay got the arrow out and I was able to heal my wound. This meant we were under attack. We had not moved fast enough.

I sat up with Fay's help and looked around. Landis was standing near us with his shield up. Several arrows buried into its face. I could feel the telltale pull of gathering magic behind me.

Burn these beast Fireball

Triss launched her spell at a group of charging orcs. Their armor was little help against the magical inferno that engulfed them.

"Left side now" Landis pointed with his sword

Die filth Fireball

Triss shot another group on the other side of us. I started to stand. I needed to be on my feet if I was going to be able to help. Fay assisted me and then tried to help support my weight.

"Careful you were hurt badly." Fay's voice was thick with worry.

"I will be fine Fay, you saved me. Thank you." I said as I tried to stand on my own. I stumped slightly but caught myself quickly. Now that I was on my feet I took stock of our situation.

Most of the surrounding brush and some trees were on fire. I suspect that was the result of Triss's spells. There was a large number of dead orcs scattered around, more even then what was caught in the last two spells. I was unsure how many spells Triss cast before I recovered but I suspected she would be near her limit soon.

Landis was holding any orcs that made it to us at bay. He was not focused on attacking, just trying to prevent them from reaching Triss and by extension Fay and I. I then frantically looked around. It had just dawned on me that I didn't know where Sumara was.

I then saw Sumara on the other side of the two orcs that Landis was dealing with. She was maybe thirty feet or more away. She was surrounded by at least eight or more Orcs. Around her feet were a handful of bodies. The orcs had encircled Sumara. The large slab sword she had recovered raised over her head. Her head was swinging around quickly, as if trying to keep an eye on all her combatants at the same time. The orcs around her seemed hesitant to move. Every so often one would move in a little but Sumara would quickly bring down her sword in their direction, and they would back off.

Now that I was focused on her I could see her skin was darker than it normally was. I realized quickly that it was due to her black blood. She was covered in slashes. I had no way to tell the true number of cuts or how bad they were. All I could hear was grunting and growls coming from all the orcs surrounding her.

"We have to help her." I cried but only Fay seemed to care about what I said.

"We are a little busy." Landis said as he shoved an orc with his shield that had tried to lunge at him.

I looked to Triss "How many spells do you have left"

Triss's face tightened in frustration. "I just used my last."

This cannot be happening. I had been too slow to act. If I had stood up to Landis sooner. If I had not been so scared of the outcome. We would never have been caught like this. I needed to help Sumara, I just had too. My options were limited. Protection would be great right now for Sumara but the range was limited. I would have to be able to touch her. Putting myself in the middle of that melee would only cause problems. My wizard spells I had learned could be helpful and I could take a few of her combatants out. I still had to aim them, so I risked missing or worse hitting Sumara. All my large effect spells would for sure hit Sumara so they were out. Shit I was so useless.