JoJo and the Unit Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Both could see the tears form in her eyes as she hugged Becky. "The Unit changed my life, you then centered my life and allowed me to truly live again. When Ruth and Curtis bought gran's house back and gave it to us as a wedding present, I simply lost it."

This time she gently pushed Becky away so that she could look directly at her.

"Well, Mrs. Becky Carmichael, you came into my life and turned it upside down, so in retaliation I took you off the market and married you. You're stuck with me, moods and all."

She then looked at her friend, now leaning against her police car, her arms folded across her chest and smiling at the antics of these two women who had indeed turned this little part of the world upside down. Pullman now had a married lesbian couple living in their midst, and not only that, the fashion house just kept getting bigger and more well known around the area and country. It brought not only much needed full-time jobs, but celebrities that came to visit as well.

The mood of the town council had changed, and for the better, because they could see the difference, even though these two girls had only lived here just shy of two years. Becky had gone to the local school and offered a free walk around the fashion house on a once yearly basis to the more senior children. She had even set aside a room that would hold thirty school children and their supervising adults; usually their teachers and a couple of staff if they had questions that needed answering. Some of the staff and some of the mothers of the children dressed in the designer clothes and did a formal catwalk to show the school children what the fashion house was about.

The council also noticed people who were born in and around there wanted to stay in Pullman now, more so since the fashion house only employed locals. If they needed high-tech people, they searched the local college, even members of the local camera club were hired occasionally. Some of their photos ended up in catalogs and on the Fashion House's website. The tourist industry had noticed, and the town was now included in their brochures. Just recently, Becky Carmichael even approached the council with early indications that the Fashion House wanted to buy the old fish storage and clearing house to convert into a hotel.

The fishing boats had long since gone and nothing the town had could keep the clearing house open, so it had been left boarded-up for the last five years. Becky said that the views from the top floor of the clearing house of the beaches and the bay area alone would bring people in. She was even there when the sun was setting and cast its own glow across the bay, making it seem like the water had changed color. Becky took a picture of that very moment and sent it to Ruth. While JoJo was away on duty, when Ruth and Curtis came to visit, their visit also included the clearing house.

It seemed some American company had put a bid in for the building, along with a request for preliminary planning permission to turn the building into a hotel.

*******

A small note from the guy who penned this.

My thanks for reading this, I hope you have enjoyed all three sagas of Halo. Even now I smile when I think that it was only going to be Halo Two-Five. The popularity of that took me by surprise, considering this is Literotica.

The owners of this site have been kind enough to turn a blind eye to my ramblings and publication of all three books, and I feel truly blessed that they have let me. The Unit, Curtis, and indeed, Halo have come to an end. Even I have to admit it is time to say goodbye to them. I will keep writing but please, don't ask for more from the Unit, where possible, I left them all in the right place.