Josh's Journey Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Edna sat in a dining chair with a small table in front of her. Her dress wasn't new, but it was one she didn't wear often. It was like a tank top, except that it reached almost to her knees. She wore it today because she wanted to be girly like Josh. He didn't bother with a bra or panties.

"Mama, when you were pregnant with me, did you and daddy know that I was going to be a boy?" Josh asked.

Edna laughed. "Well, not really. The technology wasn't what it is today, so even the doctor wasn't sure until you were born."

"So did you have baby names picked out before you went to the hospital?" he asked.

Edna, sensing where this was leading, answered, "Yes, dear. If you had been a girl your name would have been Emily."

Josh smiled and nodded. "Emily," he repeated. "I like that," he said quietly.

Edna busied herself buffing his toe nails, getting ready to put bright red polish on them.

"Do you wish you had been born Emily?" she asked.

Josh took a deep breath and sighed. "Yeah, sometimes."

Edna began to apply the red lacquer to her son's toe nails.

"Mama?" Josh said hesitantly.

"Yes, dear?" She didn't look up at him. She knew he wanted to ask her something, and thought it would be easier for him if she was concentrating on his toes.

"Um, Mama, um, when I'm being pretty, uh, can I be Emily?"

Edna looked up at her son. "Of course you can, Emily," she smiled. "Now sit down on a chair and let me do your fingernails."

"My fingernails?" he asked. "Um, mama, that's kind of noticeable."

She looked at him and cocked her head. "But I think Emily should have fingernails that match her toenails. Have you ever tried to put make-up on?"

Emily laughed. "Yeah. I'm not very good at it."

"I'll teach you," Edna smiled. "I always wished I had a daughter to teach how to be a woman."

"I'll let you teach me, mama," Emily smiled.

12