All Comments on 'Journey of Rick Heiden Ch. 11'

by RickHeathen

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
geemeedeegeemeedeeover 2 years ago

Ok, the thing with the parents is weird. They should never go back there. This is such a fascinating story!

I have a question. What if you aren’t good at anything? What if you have no life’s passion? What do you do for centuries? And does the Foundational thing ensure there are no psychopaths or sociopaths or pedophiles or … you get the picture. (Ok, that’s several questions.)

RickHeathenRickHeathenover 2 years agoAuthor

Good questions. What if you aren’t good at anything? Well, if you have the forever young enhancement, you will have a long time to master something. I suspect that most people who think they’re not good at anything here have simply been lead to believe that based on the expectations placed upon them. No one has tried everything, and there are undoubtedly things that might might try that have yet to even be conceived.

As for psychopaths, sociopaths, there are undoubtedly developmental issues that cause those conditions, either by nature or nurture. Those labels get tossed out there too much. What characterizes them though is a lack of concern for the rights and feelings of others. Empathy is a trait that is learned (nurture), but the capacity for it is biological (nature), the foundational enhancement would ensure the ability is there. Empathy is one of the best attributes of complex animal behaviors and Jiyūvian culture there is deeply rooted in it. It’s not always perfect, but it tries. As for pedophiles, they are, in my opinion, a result of human sexuality being suppressed here, and a disregard for the rights and feelings of the children who are their targets. I think our culture here creates them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRickHeathen@RickHeathen
I served in the military, and I’m currently an author. More of my works can be found under my real name, Rick Haydn Horst, at this link: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/RickHorst A Note on Star Ratings: I do my best to write great stories with a plot and character dev...