Journey of Rick Heiden Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"David, your parents are here," Magnar whispered in his husky voice.

"Thanks for the warning," David said to him.

Many people came, well-wishers and those attached to the creation of the device. David's parents stood in front. Their expression seemed different somehow. David's father came forward and unexpectedly hugged him.

"I'm so proud of you, son," said Liander and whispered into David's ear. Once he backed away, David looked at him in alarm. "Don't worry," he said to David, "it's okay."

That's when the last thing I expected to happen happened. Liander hugged me, and he whispered into my ear. "Thank you for what you said. I don't know if you would understand how, but you've given me my son back, and for that, I will always be grateful. Come to our home at any time. Please, don't feel you can't. You will see a difference, I promise."

We walked a gauntlet of hugs, handshakes, and well-wishing that took twenty minutes to get through. Then we stepped into the white room with the portal, I saw the device there in its case, ready to go.

We donned our pistol harnesses and coats. Magnar gave Aiden the cell phone look-alike portion of the device, and each of us a pistol, ensuring to provide David with the one left unlocked. David and Aiden hugged Magnar, and when my turn came, before embracing him, I whispered into his ear for a moment.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" he asked.

"It's for David," I said. "Could you take care of that for me by the time we get back? At least, get it started."

"Yes, indeed, I know just the person for the job. It will be my pleasure," he said, and he made a little bow.

I hugged him. "You're a good friend, Magnar."

The three of us with the drone climbed the steps and stood upon the portal.

Magnar wished us luck.

The energy sphere swirled and churned as it surrounded us. David grabbed my hand, and when the brightness forced me to squeeze my eyes shut, I covered them with the other. The odd sensation of fainting came, and we had left my new home.

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
RickHeathenRickHeathenover 2 years agoAuthor

Millions showed up because 1. David is being brought into the trust before they go on the important mission which they all know about. 2. Amaré is going to be speaking English for the first time. Of course Rick has the gold; it’s important to him. Yes, both David’s parents hugged him. The 180° turn around happened because Siona finally told Liander the truth about what happened, prompted by Rick telling them off, basically. But you might want to refer to the conversation that Siona and David had at the temple. Knowing what was going on that wasn’t being said, turns that conversation into something else. David began pushing her to tell Liander during that conversation, and he knew she hadn’t.

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 2 years ago

Another great chapter, but this one felt incomplete. Why did millions come for David’s ceremony if the usual number was much less? Does Rick have the gold? I’m curious how much it weighs. Is the drone in a box, or just sitting there? Did David’s mother hug him like his father did? And speaking of the father — why did his attitude suddenly do a 180 … and can it be trusted?

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Out in the Black Ch. 01 Cap brings his work home; Rusty meets an old friend.in Gay Male
He's My Brother-in-Law Why did my brother-in-law show me his cock?in Gay Male
Straight Guy Working in a Gay Club Straight guy gets a job bartending at a private gay club.in Gay Male
Rio, Ex-Pornstar Pt. 18 - Final This is the final chapter.in Gay Male
The Human Bearer Ch. 01 Riordan wants to become the bearer for a snakeman's egg.in Gay Male
More Stories