Journey of Rick Heiden Ch. 29-30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"From what I recall from my enhanced memory of book seven," said Neal, "pay close attention to page 584 mentioning Sancy. You will find it a compelling reason for concern, but you'll have to decide for yourself once you've read it."

"And if I don't find it as compelling as you?" David asked.

Neal shook his head. "Not even you could miss the implications."

"What benefit do we get from this deal?" I asked.

"I give you the name of the person who has taken book number eight."

"If you know who has the book," said David, "why haven't you gotten it yourself?"

"Alas, despite its importance, it lies beyond my humble abilities," he said. "I want Aurum's secret, that's all. Say 'no,' and I take the body and go."

"I don't know, Neal," said David. "It sounds like a lot to ask, for something so important, and coming from someone as loyal to Jiyū as yourself."

I don't know what came over me. I seldom give in to impulsivity, but I did then. For an unknown reason, I felt pressured to do it, and I didn't think twice.

"Agreed," I said.

"Rick!" exclaimed David.

"...providing." I glanced at David. "Providing I feel compelled by the information I read in the book."

"Agreed," Neal said, shaking my hand.

"You don't know to what you are agreeing, Rick," said David.

"Who told you all this?" I asked Neal.

"Why, Teresa, of course," Neal said, gesturing to the body beneath the sheet. "She may have had a plethora of faults but lie she did not. With no real life outside these walls, Teresa used whatever information she encountered as fair game for conversation, and she had no filter. She said she read her son's journals. She enjoyed reading the secrets they held, and she exampled a few. One of them she took from book eight, about Aurum's secret. Pearce knew and uncovered things. He questioned in a way none of us had, and I believe he found answers. The incident occurred during one of Teresa's more lucid moments while sitting in my chair. I could not resist borrowing them."

"Your chair?" I asked.

"Neal has a salon," said David.

"Ah!" I exclaimed. "Now, I get it."

"You must have had clients waiting," said David. "Who else knows?"

"The three other people in the salon who awaited a chair, but I would concern myself with only one of them. I feel certain she has the book."

"And who is that?" I asked.

"Meridia."

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
RickHeathenRickHeathenover 2 years agoAuthor

Just keep reading! No spoilers.

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 2 years ago

Just when I think this story can’t be more compelling, you kick it up another notch! We were warned that David, et al were too naïve, and now we see the possible downfall of Jiyū civilization.They ARE humans, after all. Why Pierce wants to burn it all to the ground will probably prove to be incredibly petty, because human.

I am dumb as hell when it comes to math and science, but can’t they compare Jiyū’s land mass to Earth’s and take where the One City portal dumps out people and math it out to where the Japan people would land on Jiyū?

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Straight Guy Working in a Gay Club Straight guy gets a job bartending at a private gay club.in Gay Male
Rio, Ex-Pornstar Pt. 18 - Final This is the final chapter.in Gay Male
The Human Bearer Ch. 01 Riordan wants to become the bearer for a snakeman's egg.in Gay Male
The Pool Boy's Message Pt. 01 An intriguing offer scratched into a cubicle door.in Gay Male
Breaking the Stallion Ch. 01 A dominant twink psychologically breaks a jock.in Gay Male
More Stories