All Comments on 'Juan Gets Mace(d)'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
beautiful

From what i've understood this is your story, it's flawed because life is, it would have been nice to hear that Juan pined away for Mace without sleeping with so many men after they met but like i said life doesn't work that way. a most beautiful story, i'm glad they find their hea...By the way what hapened to your other story We met in kindergarden, it's dissappeard?.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years agoAuthor
We Met in Kindergarten

It was removed because of the scene where the 10 year old boys watched Eddie's older brother. I removed the scene and resubmitted it. It's "pending."

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good read

I enjoyed this but I never really took to Juan. In fact the only time I liked him was in his interactions with Christian. And bluntly I really disliked the GGs. As it is, it just seemed to me that Juan's attraction/infatuation with Mace was based entirely on his being someone he couldn't have.

Scoobydoo2014Scoobydoo2014over 8 years ago

Didn't like Juan at all, couldn't see any redeeming qualities in him. Think Mace was too good for him.

BabydaddyBabydaddyover 8 years ago
Good story

Love your writing. I DID like Juan but some how felt your usual build up of tension was missing. Maybe because it was from Juans perspective? At any rate, I think your writing is wonderful and love when your stories appear in the queue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The author is Mace!!!

Scroll thru the comment section of Lightening in a Bottle. The author tells us that this is his story; he is Mace. Certainly helped put a lot in perspective for me. I like Juan. I really do! It is hard to be brutally honest about our 'whoring' and 'in love with our self' days. I adore the disclosure of his sensory needs. But more so than liking Juan, I like the author. Thank you for sharing the truths of love and relationships, no matter how messy they are. I think we are the same age or close. I lost my best friend and cousin just as Timmy was lost. My brother in law is now so far in the closet after losing his John to a woman that I think he is back in the 1800's. Sex in the 70's-90's was much more open and out there. I am hetro and would be totally embarrassed to have my husband of well over 20 years tell my story! This is a true love story. They are it for each other. They complete what each other needs. They are each other's wants. Each became a better person with the other. You deserve it all, DavidPatrick.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years agoAuthor
In Juan's Defense

He was young and cocksure when he met Mace, enjoying the freedom that often follows finally realizing you're gay. He thought he knew everything. He realized he knew nothing. And, that he wanted the precise thing he was certain he didn't want. On that path, he took little steps. He hunted for the perfect gift for Mace. He made amends to Timmy. And, he humbled himself before Mace, laying it all outh there when it was no sure thing Mace would accept it. 20 years on, Juan is awesome.

chrisunderchrisunderover 8 years ago
I know this is great story but...

I know your a great writer but I didn't read this sequel entirely, just the last two pages because I wanted to know what happened to John its just hard to imagine a man like him, thrice divorced and wouldn't moved on from well...from you. A question that lingered in me from reading LIATB is that... would you be writing John's story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No thanks

Trite and predictable, and I agree with the other comments that point out that Juan is just not that likeable. Neither is Mace, for that matter. Withholding, unavailable, and not well developed as a character. And thanks for stereotyping Colombia. It's not the 80's any more.

nicoles52nicoles52over 8 years ago
That was freaking perfect!!

I wasn't going to read this story because LITB was purrfect for me and when John and Mace didn't end up together I was heartbroken and I was like, who is this Juan heifer!! But what you did was make this story awesome and for me did not cheapen what Mace and John had or certainly what Mace and Juan have now. YOU MADE IT PERFECT!!!! And I'm a sucker for when the bad boy gets tamed and tamed hard!!!

OnimpulseOnimpulseover 8 years ago
A Ten Star!!

Never mind the naysayers...you will have those no matter what in this life!! It seems that their way of thinking and being is the only way, and in the end they are usually the ones with no life and no soul! You write beautifully, your characters create emotions within us, regardless of whether you read the last chapter or all of them...you strike a chord within each of your readers!! It is the brilliance of your writing skills that keeps those that don't want to read your words...coming back doing just that!! You rocked the Mace tales...and it was sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!! (Great, that is)

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years agoAuthor
From the Author

I can't write John's story, as I don't know it. It involved three wives, but I'm not sure how many men. John and Mace hooked up once down the line, and it almost destroyed Juan and Mace. Juan left, but went back.

As for stereotyping Colombia, Juan and his family left in 1982. It was the 80s then.

DuendemoDuendemoover 8 years ago
6/5 Stars

I loved everything about this one!

TesoroMioTesoroMioover 8 years ago
So true to life.

I loved it. I suppose the suspense was missing because we'd seen the end in LIAB, but I liked it. I think I would have a terrible time writing my own story from my husband's perspective. Any effluence would seem like vanity and any extreme modesty would feel false. I think the humanity in both Mace and Juan is owing to the fact that real life is not a fairy tale. Those who expect it to be are usually disappointed.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years agoAuthor
It Was A Fairy Tale

Juan became who he never wanted to be. Mace opened to the possible, rather than the impossible. They started down a path that, 20 years later, would lead them to a deep, abiding love. They have been together 20 years. In those 20 years, each has yielded to the other. And, each has been better than they would have been without the other. Neither would turn back time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Oh my goodness. DavidPatrick, I read your comments, this is a true story? are most of you stories based on real people?

Well as usual great story! You have a real talent for writing.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years agoAuthor
Fact or Fiction

Lightning In A Bottle and Juan Gets Mace(d) are semi-biographical (fact with some fiction mixed in). The rest are fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm glad they ended up together.

I did not however like how they got there. Too many tasteless, desperate hookups.

Perhaps your next story could take a more adult, sophisticated, educated approach to love.

canndcanndover 8 years ago

It was kinda strange to start off knowing the ending. I usually shy away from stories like that. But, this was great. It picked up at the point that LIAB got a bit less detailed and from Juan's POV. I was surprised at the type of guy Juan was pre-mace. I just hope he got tested before throwing the condoms out! Whoo! It was very interesting to see him become this monogamous person. It is sweet that they had kids b/c we didn't know that from LIAB. It was well-done. The characters were quirky and fun. I was glad you did this b/c I got a sense that Mace was happy with his choice. In LIAB I felt almost like he was settling in a way. It came across that way. I think his actions spoke for him, though it wasn't from his pov, it sounds like he got what he wanted and with the right person. Your last line from Mace to John was to the point. It showed the benefit of being who you are and not hiding like John did and of opening yourself up to love when it is there for you.

I'd have loved to see some of their later life together. You are such a good writer when it comes to telling a story of two people. But, I am glad for what we got.

I'd love to see you write a story where John finally accepts himself and meets someone. Could he exorcise the ghost of Mace and the what could have been's? Could he live with identifying as a gay man even? It'd be interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesomeness

LIAB is definetly one ot the best (or it might be the best story) in Literotica that I have ever read. This story is a good complement for the the great LIAB. I admire your writing talent, David. You are great. Reading some comments, I agree that it would be interesting if you write John's story post-Mace&Juan. Was he still in the closet or he became what he truly was. I can see the John's story might have a dark and bitter turn and somehow, I'm ready and excited for it.

Evie_grapesEvie_grapesover 8 years ago
hot but messy

Having read John's and maces story before this one I was excited to read how mace and Juan came to be. It was a hot story don't get me wrong, however I didn't like how much sex Juan kept having especially unprotected.. it made me not like him as much as I could of. I don't know, I feel like there could of been more romance between mace and him and less time spending constantly hooking up with constant men.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years agoAuthor
The Age of Juan

Juan was 25. It was the mid-90s. He was just out. He spent 5 years having wild, fun sex. We all did. Then, at least.

And, the site is Literotica. Certain elemenbts flow from the site.

But, when you're young and new and beautiful, you have a lot of sex. It happens. It does not demean him. Like all of us, he was finding his way. Life is not a fairy tale of abstinence and monogamy. Few of us meet our first boy, fall in love, and live happily ever after. For most of us, life is fun and furtive and harrowing and involve bad decisions and bad judgment that, for those of who are lucky, all work out in the end. It worked out for Juan. Maybe it shouldn't have. But, it did.

Don't judge him for being sexual and sweet and open and honest. We all want fairy tales, but the reality is that they don't exist.

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 8 years ago
Another Great Story

Your stories are so well-written and the characters are so well-developed. It is a pleasure to read - not just from the sex (hot & hard as usual) but the emotional angle. You can really make me choke up. The negative comments - especially that one titled "No Thanks" - are just critical BS. I admit to liking "Lightening ..." better. It was a ten and this a nine. I hope you will continue to contribute to Literotica.

DawnJDawnJover 8 years ago
A lovely sequel.

Thanks for the HEA...at least for Mace. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
it tied things up for me

I liked Juan, you were only getting his POV of the friendship, and how he was changing to be a better person to accept who Mace was to be in his life. We already know who Mace is and I didn't need continued interactions between M&J to realise where they were heading.

Anyone would be blessed to have friends as the GGs, yes they blurred the line sexually with each other, but they had sincerity, love and support for each other beyond the bed. Keeping a lover as a friend afterwards is to be admired.

Thanks for writing this, I enjoyed it. Last thing, I liked the response from Juan to Avery 'you should be a poet' that was funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Messy and not always pretty

But isn't that life? The road to HEA is bumpy even in Disney movies. The people and relationships are real. Very, very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Cinderella

Aren't we all suckers for a happily ever after? Beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

Beautiful. You capture a person's heart with the way you write. Keep the bar high. As it was said before and bears repeating, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Really have loved what you've shared after both stories in the comments section!

Congrats DavidPatrick and 'Raul' for having found true love that is withstanding the passage of time!

Those judging Juan so harshly simply aren't old enough to remember the 80's. No doubt those of us who have been around a little longer can and do appreciate the youth of Juan and Mace.

Another great story!

TJ

amarlanamarlanalmost 8 years ago
Is this a true-to-life story?

Amazingly believable. I was absorbed on reading it and wanted to be Juan if only through your lines. How I wish I could also write a story like this one.

Notime4thinkingNotime4thinkingalmost 7 years ago
Sooooo hard

to have any real respect for Juan. Huge fan of Mace though, so I HAVE to believe there was/is more to Juan than we see here. "Mace" is a smart guy, and this was a decision he deliberated on quite a bit, so I would have trusted good choice even if he wasn't around to confirm that "they all lived happily ever after . . . except for John. But, fuck John."

As a writer, I suppose it's hard to know where to draw the lines in this situation. How do you write the inner dialogue for your husband who was apparently evolving at an almost unbelievable pace and do it accurately? I imagine this run the risk of drifting into an idealized/Disney version of the way it "should" have happened, OR, you go a little sparse on Juan's internal struggles, and focus on facts as they happened . . . We readers got the Real World version. I respect the decision to tell the story this way, but still wish there was more to love about Juan here. As is, I've gathered that he has really manly hands and is charming enough to fuck whoever he wants whenever he wants. As a Midwesterner, I have a hard time seeing how Mace could fall for that . . .but that's me, not him.

amarlanamarlanabout 5 years ago

Lovely story. I like the way it goes and ended happily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not demeaning

Your story so you can write it your way. But I agree that Juan was largely unlikeable in most of this story. You say everyone had whoring years in the 80’s and it wasn’t demeaning or disrespectful. That’s false. Having near anonymous, continuous hook ups, sucking and fucking your best friends, pledging your love to one guy and abusing a teen twink repeatedly at the same time, and trying to resolve heartache by falling on every cock you can is hardly the way everyone acted. And there is no honor nor excuse for treating people like interchangeable sex toys! Wow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it! Great story, thank you!🥰🥰🥰

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honestly I don’t like either of them. Juan for even fickkung his best friends and mace for choosing Juan as a default option. You can’t have sexual affairs with best friends because even you after you found ‘the one’ you could forget the boundaries and cheat when drunk enough or when you fought your partner and needed your best friend. That messes everything up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's really hard to believe Juan's "I changed for he better when I'm with Mace" when he keeps sleeping with other men. I get how painful it is to love someone like Mace that just can't forget his first love that easily and jump into another relationship right after, but he doesn't really...do great on his end either.

Not to mention that Mace not mentioning a lot about Juan is also suspicious. It's like both men in this relationship are living in a lie they believe to be true love.

Great for Avery and Christian though. Open relationship is never my forte, but at least Christian got it all sorted out and not getting chained into this weird love triangle.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous