Judge Not Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We each headed back to our respective workplaces. It had now been weeks since Allie had fallen off the fidelity wagon. Jason and Becca had started to act out their frustrations. I put them in therapy in hopes that they would get some help but was skeptical. They needed their mother.

Now I would be getting visits from the good people at Health and Human Services. I could only hope that Allie would speak honestly with them. I knew I would and I expected the kids would be honest. They didn't really know how to lie.

Since I now had to pay support to Allie I needed somewhere to pay it. I contacted Nathan Bloodstone to set up the process. I was surprised to find that he also didn't want to speak to me. I hung up and called Bill. He was also surprised. None of this whole thing made any sense. I was being thwarted at every turn even when trying to meet my court ordered obligations.

Allie didn't even have a checking or savings account that I knew of. Her paycheck was still being deposited into our joint account. I had set up a new separate account and my paycheck was being deposited to it and I was paying all the bills, including the credit card accounts, from that new checking account. I hadn't touched the joint account since I had moved half of the total to the new checking account.

I decided if Bill failed I would move money into the joint account but not use it. I contacted the bank and had my name taken off the account so that it could not be construed that I was paying myself.

I was losing weight from the stress. Amy Spelling had called me the day of the hearing and told me that Allie had come back from the hearing and then cried in her office for a long time before finally calling it a day and leaving. I had noticed at the hearing that Allie seemed to be lighter in weight even though she had never been that heavy at any time. She was a petite person. No one seemed to be doing well except for the good judge.

They say the wheels of justice move slowly. I suppose most of the time they do grind very slowly. If you are an accused person and trying to mount a credible defense this might be good. If you want your life back or just some questions answered and your stress levels to go down the slow wheels are a curse. Life isn't like on TV where a crime is committed and a trial immediately happens.

I was surprised when I got a call from Bill a week later. His filings must have struck some kind of nerve. We would be speaking to the judicial review board in a couple of days and the bar association in another week.

At the review board the only questions from the panel of judges was how Judge Marshall conducted his courtroom. If I had a thought that this might force Allie into speaking to me or the kids I was mistaken. Not surprisingly another of the lawyers from Judge Marshall's old firm represented him. Bloodstone was a witness and was grilled for a considerable amount of time about his take on the fact that Marshall was obviously in a conflict of interest. The video was shown to the judges as well as my video of my visit to the Marshall house. The citation for trespassing and terroristic threats was also looked at. The police lieutenant was also brought in to testify. Bill had a satisfied look on his face when the hearing was over. He figured that the minimum would be some sanctions against Marshall as this whole thing was kind of an aberration from his normal practice.

The divorce was placed on hold until after the bar association hearing. Here we finally learned some reasons for the affair.

Either Richard Marshall had enemies at the bar association or Bill Blevins had friends there, one or the other or a little of both but it was obvious that they were after blood. The association hearing was a grilling. Regular rules of evidence apparently do not apply here in this chamber. Bill told me going in that usually there was an independent investigation before a hearing but this one had been expedited.

Again Judge Marshall was represented by one of his former partners. There were even questions by the association about any financial involvement by Richard with his old firm. The lawyer for Richard tried to squash the request for financial information but was denied. Richard had to confess that he still was receiving money from the firm and that he had voting rights on new partners.

Allie was called to testify. She admitted to a sexual relationship with not only Lindsey and Ronnie but also with Richard. When pressed she admitted that Richard seldom had vaginal sex with her but limited it to oral and anal sex most times. She also stated that Richard was into bondage and pain and that when the cops had come to the house and when I was there she had been restrained in their dungeon.

Bill asked her about her feelings towards me and the kids. Allie professed to love me and greatly missed the kids but that Richard had threatened to cause me harm or have the kids kidnapped if she tried to leave or even contact us. She broke down as she talked. "I love my children and I miss them. He kept my phone from me. I didn't even know if they were trying to contact me and I couldn't contact them. He even told me that my office was bugged and he would know if I contacted anyone from my previous life. The hardest thing I have ever had to do was keep from hugging my kids when my parents brought them to the Marshall's house."

When pressed she said that he had told her that he knew many people from his days as a public defender who could and would carry out his wishes.

Of course Richard's attorney objected constantly but the board told him to shut up as it was not a court of law.

Lindsey Marshall and Ronnie Walton also testified. Of course they told a vastly different story than Allie. They made out that Allie had approached them for lesbian sex and that they had willingly started an affair with her. They denied that Allie and Richard had any kind of relationship other than friends and they certainly denied that they had any kind of dungeon in their residence.

I was starting to feel frustrated again. There was no corroborating testimony for Allie. It was beginning to seem to be a case of he said/she said.

Suddenly I had a thought. I left the hearing for a few minutes and made a single phone call. If this worked out some of my life might start getting back to normal.

The hearing dragged on. The various members of the investigating board continued to question Richard. Finally they recessed for a lunch break.

I sat with Bill and asked him some questions about the hearing. Each witness had been sworn in and every comment was recorded both audibly and by a court reporter. I didn't see a video camera but assumed there might be one. Bill agreed with me. My question was, "Is their testimony admissible in a court of law?"

Bill didn't know for sure but assumed so. Most testimony was sealed and never made public as the disciplinary board was comprised of lawyers and professionals of every persuasion tended to be very protective of their brethren. After lunch we returned to the hearing.

I should let you know that the hearing was in the state office building in the capital about a two hour drive from our small town.

At about 2 p.m. the hearing was adjourned and the board said they would give a decision very soon. We all stood and gathered our paperwork. Allie took the opportunity to run to my side of the room and she begged me to take her home and keep her away from Richard.

Judge Marshall attempted to get her to come with him but another person entered the room. It was Hiram Wilson. He must have hopped a ride via helicopter or airplane to get here so fast. He immediately went to Judge Marshall. "Judge, you are under arrest for kidnapping, rape, assault, and whatever else we find out from your house." As he placed the handcuffs on the judge he read him his Miranda rights.

He then led the judge out of the room and turned him over to a couple of uniformed officers. He then returned to Bill, Allie and me.

I introduced him to Allie and Bill. He nodded at them and then turned to me. "That was a good tip from you. With Allie's statement under oath that she had been kept away from her home and threatened with harm to you and the kids we got a search warrant for the Marshall home. We found the dungeon and a boat load of video showing how Allie was coerced and raped multiple times. We even found video where the principals discussed what they were trying to accomplish. We also found video from others that the Marshalls had seduced and then kept at their house for significant periods of time. It will take months to sort it all out and get the full story. Right at the moment the theory is that Richard Marshall actually likes young boys but was afraid to act on his predilection. Your wife, Allie, with her petite size and almost non-existent breasts was a suitable substitute."

We stopped and looked at each other. This explained a lot but not all of it. "We will be interviewing Lindsey and Ronnie. I believe they will change their story when we threaten to charge them with perjury. Lindsey cannot be compelled to testify against Richard but Ronnie can and will, I imagine."

He paused to let us catch up. "I would imagine the threat against Allie and you will now be less. When I interview the judge I will let him know that if anything should happen to you or your families he will be the prime suspect."

He looked over at Allie. "We need her to undergo a physical exam. It can be done here at one of the hospitals so that no more evidence is lost. Then I recommend that she start therapy as soon as possible. This has been a long ordeal for everyone, especially for her."

Allie had a look of relief on her face. She didn't speak much as we made our way to the car. Bill and I had driven together. We went to the nearest ER and checked Allie in. Since she was a full time employee at her workplace she had her own insurance. I had my own and, after Allie had left, had moved the kids to my plan.

We didn't see her for about two hours. I was asked if I wanted to sit with her before and after the rape kit was obtained but I decided to forego the experience of being alone with the woman who had once meant so much to me. I was afraid I would lose my temper if she told me she was sorry or that I needed to forgive her since she had been raped and held against her will.

As I sat and contemplated the recent revelations I had a rueful thought. Even if Marshall could bug Allie's office there had been plenty of opportunity for her to seek help and warn us. Just like I had sent her cards she could have messengered out something. No, the girl I called my friend, later my lover, then my wife and the mother of my children, was seduced willingly and then left us too willingly. I don't know what was promised to her at the time, maybe I will never know. All I was sure about was that Allie had willingly and readily sold our marriage and her children down the river for some sexual pleasure.

She might be having second thoughts now but she made no attempt to stop this whole damn fiasco from occurring. Her willingness to play along with whatever the Marshall's had planned helped in their downfall and now it was going to bite her on the ass also.

Finally she was done and was ushered out of the ER proper to the waiting room. She stopped at the desk and gave them the insurance information before approaching Bill and me. She had her head down and only looked up when she got to us. "They are done with the exam and the tests. I have to take some antibiotics for a while. I guess Richard infected me with something. I will have to check with our family physician for followup testing." I assumed she meant testing for HIV since it might be months before she could show positive for the virus. I nodded at her and led her to the car outside.

While we had been waiting I had made a couple more phone calls. I hoped with the time in the ER and also the drive time home that my requests had been honored. There wasn't much talking on the way. I had only questions for Allie but, since I was driving, I didn't want to hear the answers right now. It could wait a little while longer.

Bill knew kind of what I wanted from Allie as we had quietly discussed my wants and needs while we waited. He had his instructions and just needed to get back to town to set them in motion.

After we dropped Bill at his office we headed to the house. My parents were there with the kids and pizza had just been delivered for some supper when we pulled in. Allie's parents arrived just after us.

It was a great return home. The kids were all smiles and tearful at being in their mother's company again. They hugged her and pestered her with questions that she wouldn't directly answer about why she had been away so long. Dave started out looking at his daughter as though she was some kind of insect that needed to be squashed under a hard heel but then started to relax.

Marsha cried over her daughter and hugged her close when she could get by Jason and Becca. She asked no questions. She was just happy her daughter was safe at home again.

My parents indulgently watched from the sidelines but gave me some thoughtful looks. I just shrugged my shoulders. There was plenty of time.

All in all it was a good evening. I guess it was great from the kids' standpoint but only good from mine. I was sincerely happy to see the smiles and grins on my children's faces. I was happy for the Billings. I was just unhappy for myself.

Late in the evening all the parents left and we were now alone again. The kids were so tired they could barely keep their eyes open but I knew they were afraid to go to sleep and wake and find out this was just a dream. I indicated that Allie should put them to bed and suggested she put Jason down first. Becca would probably need Allie to stay until she fell asleep. I also figured they would both be up in the night and try to join us in bed.

After both were fast asleep Allie rejoined me in the living room. She had changed into shorts and a tight tanktop. She didn't have a bra on and I could see her amazing nipples through the material. Unless I was mistaken she now sported large hoops in her nipples. I had the random thought of what other surprises she was going to present me.

Allie came and tried to sit beside me. I had to wonder how she could possibly just believe that because she was home that all was forgiven and back to normal. I shook my head and she stopped and moved to the chair across from me.

"I thought you would like to cuddle for a bit before we go to bed. It has been a long time since we have been together. Haven't you missed me?"

"Of course I have missed my best friend, my lover, my wife and the mother of my children."

She smiled. "Then I should be sitting next to you. I have started the medication. If you still have a couple of condoms around we could start making up for the time I have been gone."

"That sounds inviting but we need to make some plans first."

"What plans, Baby? I just want to be held by you and have you make love to me."

"Well, the first is what to do about tomorrow. It is a school day but I was thinking we could keep the kids home since it was so late and so much happened this evening. Do you agree? We could all sleep in late and then maybe hit the IHOP for breakfast or brunch."

She nodded.

"Next I think we should immediately find a therapist for you and maybe one for me. The kids are already seeing one since they have been so distraught at your leaving them and making no attempt to contact them."

She tried to look saddened. "But, Cal, Honey, I told you at the hearing. Richard wouldn't let me have any contact with them."

"Yeah, that may be true but you went to work every day and never made any attempt to contact us. Hell, if messages can be smuggled out of prison camps and jails you should have been able to get some kind of message to us. I got cards to you without any problem and there was no pushback from your lovers at any time. None of us were threatened or injured. You are not stupid, you could have found a way to safely let us know that you were thinking of us or ask for help."

She now blushed in embarrassment but didn't try to defend herself.

"We also need to get you a new lawyer. Mr. Bloodstone is a shill for Marshall and will sell you out on a moment's notice. I put money aside for you every paycheck, as ordered by the good judge, but your shyster wouldn't return phone calls about what to do with the money. It is all deposited in our old joint account that is now in your name only."

She nodded and I continued. "I think that you should consider suing the Marshall's in civil court and make this whole thing public as possible."

She shook her head. "No, I don't want us exposed to the ridicule."

I had to laugh. "You don't think the whole damned neighborhood isn't laughing at us now? I let them know what the hell was going on from my viewpoint the minute you wouldn't see me at the Marshall's and I was arrested for making terroristic threats. I am sure the gossip network made sure to fill in any blanks that I may have left open. The truth will make it easier for you to assimilate back into the community."

She was surprised at my revelation. "You didn't, did you? How could you do this to me, to us?"

"You got caught in bed with two women who were preparing you for another man. I told you to leave that night as I couldn't trust myself to not physically harm you. You snuck back into the house while I was sleeping on the couch and took some of your stuff. You made no attempt to contact us. You shut off your phone and ignored your own children. Your parents even tried to get you to remove your head out of your ass long enough to talk with your children and you refused."

I stopped as she was quietly crying. Try as much as I could I couldn't muster much sympathy for her. She had effectively killed me. I went on. "Yet, you went to work every day just as though nothing was going on. I would call and check on you. Amy would talk for a bit with me and told me I had to be lying about our separation and your betrayal of our life together. As I see it nothing was going to change. You would have gone through with the divorce, raping me and making me pay support to you while I still was a single parent. Your children were so upset they started to act out and were going down a dark path until I got them with a good therapist. Even then it was 50/50 about whether they could put your betrayal of them behind them and get on with their lives or whether it was going to damage them permanently. I only hope that having you home helps them, not hurts them."

"At one time we could talk about anything under the sun. When we were just friends we could talk and plan. If you had a problem with a boyfriend I was there to be the friend you needed. Somewhere in the last year or so you started to be secretive. You didn't tell me that you had feelings for Lindsey and Ronnie. You hid the relationship until I came home early and caught you. Maybe you were planning on getting caught. Was that the plan all along? I would catch you. The women would swear that I did something nasty to you and them and I would be arrested? Did I fuck up the plan?"

She just looked stricken. I must be close to the truth. I seized on that thought.

"That was it, wasn't it? I was supposed to go crazy and attack you all. You would have me dragged away in cuffs. I would be out of the house and, to everyone who cared, be the asshole. I would end up with nothing while you did whatever you wanted."

She slowly nodded.

"God damn you. I mean it. God damn you and your fucking asshole lovers. I hope you all rot in hell!"

I got up. I had to leave the room or I would carry out her fucking asswipe plan. I went to the kitchen fully prepared to get stinking drunk but then realized I had thrown out all the alcohol months before as I had realized it would not be the example I needed to be for Jason and Becca.