All Comments on 'Julia'

by Jenny_Jackson

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
slyc_willieslyc_williealmost 17 years ago
Couldn't expect anything less . . .

Only you would write something so dark and yet romantic. In a twisted way, this was a very believable story. Kudos, Jenny.

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonalmost 17 years ago
Moving

I thought it was quite a moving, romantic tale. Not quite what I expected from you. Well done Jenny!

rachlourachloualmost 17 years ago
Loved it.

You captured the bittersweet taste of love lost perfectly, and I felt the characters pain. It is a departure from some of your other stuff, but a welcome one.

I have no idea why other people hated this piece, but perhaps it's beacuse they have no soul? Well done JJ.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Sick

Sick but beautiful

MarshAlienMarshAlienalmost 17 years ago
I thought it was beautiful, Jenny

Romeo and Juliet die, too, as far as I remember. Yours was a little shorter than Bill's, but it didn't have all that annoying pentameter nonsense. Very well crafted story, and perfectly suited to the genre.

mjl2010mjl2010almost 17 years ago
I always

knew you had a golden heart Jenny. Dark in places but still golden. A surprise ending thats bittersweet.

MJL

junurzjunurzalmost 17 years ago
enamored

Have we not in some way identified with the characters ever so remotely... Alas bittersweet, rendering, you've struck a cord that permeates the senses.

TiggerTooTiggerTooalmost 17 years ago
Very nicely done.

I loved it because I hated it. Yin and yang. Thanks so much for writing this mirror of life in so many ways. Phil

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I'm curious

Just one question because I'm curious - Our hero went to the art exhibition with his friend, Miko. But when he met again Julia there, he completely forgot about her. In fact, it seems he left her strander there. I know, picky, but it bothered me. It made him seem like an insensitive man who found someone better, leaving stranded a friend. That was so rude.

christabelllchristabelllalmost 17 years ago
A departure -

But so very lovely. Sad and Bittersweet but achingly beautiful in a very condensed way... It would have taken me 50 pages to do what you did in 5 :

starrkersstarrkersalmost 17 years ago
Damn you, Jenny Jackson!!

You're supposed to make me laugh, not sniffle!

Nicely put together story. The bitter and the sweet nicely counterbalance.

rwrobertsrwrobertsalmost 17 years ago
New to Literotica

I am new to Literotica and your story is the first I have read here. Judging by the response you have gotten so far it is not a fair representation of your writing style. I, however, love the bitter ending, love can do strange things to an otherwise rational person. Well done.

RW

LadyCibelleLadyCibellealmost 17 years ago
Wow.

Jenny,

I knew you could write but now I know that you can <b>WRITE</b>.

I am speechless, this story is really well written. There was a tiny mistake close to the end when in one paragraph you said she had called to say goodbye and in the next your character is talking about seeing Julia touching his hands and smiling. I had to reread to make sure I hadn't jumped ahead but...anyway. I love it! :)

mikey2muchmikey2muchalmost 17 years ago
Jenny, I have always liked your style

I have always liked your style, but that was based on your post in the different forums. Now I respect and like you as an author. This was a very good little story. No wasted words no wasted effort. You picked me up and inserted me into the last few moments of someone else's life. Very good.

mikey

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Wonderful stuff

I love your writing and ask that you keep on providing us, your faithful readers, more of the same!

miwoodsmanmiwoodsmanover 16 years ago
Well Written

... except for one mistake which was noted by LadyCibelle. Great short story. Now I'm going to check out your other works.

Thanks.

Bianca_SommerlandBianca_Sommerlandover 14 years ago
Truly Beautiful

There was a lump in my throat by the end. Sweet and sad love in such a delicate, special way.

You portray emotion very well.

Loved it Jenny

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
That is one big tear jerker of a story

At times your writing is just plain crazy and funny but then you show us that you can be very emotional and poignant with stuff like this - from the overly ridiculous to the sublimely heart rending.

What a crazy mixed up gal you are

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I know

why many people have probably downvoted this. "Suicide isn't cool mmkay?" and such things.

But there is a difference between suicide because of despair and the cowardly belief that you can no longer live -for a reason that usually turns out to be quite stupid- and ending one's life after the death of the one person your soul is bound to. The man in this story didn't have any children who needed him. No responsibilities which would be left untended after his death. And the one person he loved, was dead. I can understand his act. Oddly enough, the woman I love more than life itself, more than the sun, moon, and stars, is also named Julia. And if she was to die, before me, no less, and I had no family to care for, I can see myself doing the same. For with her death, so too would I die. This was not a particularly well written piece, and it would've been more impactful had they been married, but the emotions resonated with me, and as such, I gave it 5/5.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous