July 4th, My Sister, the Lake Ch. 04

Story Info
At trip's end Bella and Shane try to sort out their feelings.
9.5k words
4.76
61.3k
121

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/17/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

While July 4, My Sister, the Lake is neither my highest rated nor most viewed story, none received a comparable volume of readers' comments. Thanks to all who wrote. Comments, both positive and negative, are always welcome. It helps to know what people think.

*****

My long delay in returning to the story was due to an ongoing failure of imagination. Based on your comments and e-mails, approximately half of you wanted Sam and Bella to ride off into the sunset, sans Shane, while the other half wanted Shane on the journey. The comments were well-written, well-reasoned, and sometimes passionate. This is my effort to complete the story and remain faithful to the characters, at least as far as I understand them. Nonetheless, I seem destined to disappoint at least 50% of you.

To place Chapter 4 in context, in Chapter 1 Sam flew from the West Coast to East Coast to spend July 4 with his family. While there he and his baby sister Bella became lovers and Bella confessed a recently ended same-sex relationship with her best friend Shane. In Chapter 2, set in the same week-end, Bella and Sam consummate their affair in a private and familiar place during the town's fireworks show. In Chapter 3 Sam and Bella start a cross-country drive; Sam to return to his job, Bella to begin her freshman year at Stanford. Shane, curious about San Francisco, at Bella's invitation, accompanies them. In this chapter they finish the trip and settle into San Francisco.

As always, all story characters engaged in sexual activities are eighteen years of age or older.

* * * *

We were camping at Utah's Canyonlands National Park, swimming in one of its underground pools of water. If you saw the movie 127 Hours you know what I'm talking about. We shared the water with a group of five, two girls, three guys. One of the guys, the unattached one, figured out I was with Bella and targeted Shane.

The dude was pretty. Real pretty. The kind of looks it seemed a shame to waste on a guy.

After our return to the surface Bella, although the sun was already setting, started making noises about packing up and leaving. Shane and I said no; what would we do? Pack, drive half-an-hour, unpack, set up everything again? Bella, grumpy and clearly unhappy, acceded.

We built a fire and one of the couples turned out to be gourmet cooks, we enjoyed the trip's best meal. Afterwards we passed around a bottles or two of wine, sat under the stars, talked, and Shane, in steps too small for me to track, ended up with Bobby Good-Looks. When the fire died down we drowned it in water and Shane, heading for Bobby's tent, said good night.

Good for her, I thought, better for me; for the first time on the trip I had Bella alone in the tent.

I went to kiss her.

She rolled over, facing the tent wall, showing me her back, and said, "What are you doing?"

I said, "Trying to kiss you?"

"That guy was such a jerk."

"What guy?"

"What guy! What guy! The guy hitting on Shane. Bobby Assholehead."

I ran him back through my mind. He seemed okay, maybe a little too polished for my taste, too glib, a little insincere, but if Shane dug him that was fine with me. After all, Bella and I were regularly sneaking off for a little sex, Shane was on a dry run.

"He seemed okay to me."

"Okay! Okay! Men are such fucking idiots! He's a smarmy douche-bag shit-head, he doesn't care about her."

Bella was not playing; she was pissed. What was she thinking? Shane and Bobby Whatever-his-name-was were not over there making a life-long commitment, it was a one night thing. Shane knew that; my sister knew that too.

"Babe, it's just for a night. Let Shane have some fun."

"You are such a guy. A hot blonde shows up so some casual one-night nookie is just fine, is that right? Is that what you're thinking when I'm not around?"

I had no idea what was going on. What had I done to piss her off? Stuffing the impulse to fire back at her, I went with Rule No. 7 for dealing with women: when you have no idea what is going on or what to do, be nice, real nice."

I placed a hand on her shoulder, massaged the flesh between two fingers. "Hey babe, it's gonna be okay."

"You don't fuckin' know that. You have no idea what he's going to do to her."

Actually, I had a real good idea what he was going to do to her, but thought it best to keep that to myself.

Okay, Rule No. 7 was getting me nowhere, best to move to Rule No. 8, shut up and cuddle. I laid down next to her, put my arm around her. Her body was rigid. I moved a hand to her shoulder, worked it and her neck; she seemed to calm down. I stroked the top of the chest. She calmed down some more. Maybe, just maybe. I moved my hand down to her breast.

"Are we speaking different languages? I-am-not-in-the-fucking-mood."

Voice icy, no prevarication. I moved my hand back to her shoulder, worked her muscles, lay the arm across her body and snuggled into the spoon position. Her body remained rigid. I knew I should stay awake, keep her company, but found myself drifting off. I kissed the back of her head, told her I loved her, fell asleep.

* * * *

Shane joined us in the morning. We packed while Bella, seething and monosyllabic, kept denying she was upset. No one seemed like talking and I put on some tunes and, in a very long day, drove 800 miles to Lake Tahoe in an uncomfortable silence, Bella occasionally dozing off, which was unlike her. Had she slept last night?

At Lake Tahoe we unpacked and set up, I still wondering what I'd done wrong. Bella and I had not had a real fight since becoming lovers; I'd never gotten the silent treatment.

After we finished Shane pulled me aside and said, "Sam, I need you to go exploring, a lot of exploring, a couple of hours of exploring. Bella and I need to talk."

* * * *

I got back after dark. Shane was sitting in one of our portable chairs, looking at the stars.

"Where's Bella?"

"Sleeping Sam. I think she was up all night."

"What's going on? What did I do?"

She patted the chair next to hers and handed me a bottle of water. I was thirsty; it was good.

"It's not you Sam, it's me. This was all probably a big mistake, I keep hoping we can make it work, but I don't know..."

She tailed off, looked off. I was confused, but wasn't going to make the same mistake I'd made last night, pressing when I should be quiet. I said, "If you'd prefer to talk later."

She looked up, pushed the hair from her face, and with a sadness in her sky-blue eyes, said, "No, now is as good a time as any. Bella gets jealous when I with somebody else, man or woman. It comes out as her carping about their not being good enough, how I could do better, but it's jealousy. She knows it, apologizes later, says it's the last time, but it never is. I wonder, sometimes, whether our friendship can survive this."

She was, I instantly understood, correct. Bella was angry with Shane, not me. How could I not have seen it? And with that thought I also realized that I'd completely underestimated the depth of Bella and Shane's affair. I'd seen it as a same-sex diversion driven by a fleeting teen-age fixation with the bi-curious and ending when Bella moved on to me. But yesterday Bella had acted like someone mourning a lost love affair, not a summer flirtation.

And that also meant I'd never really appreciated the depth of Shane's sacrifice when she encouraged Bella to become my lover.

Lowering my voice I said, "Shane, I feel like an idiot. I've been so infatuated with Bella that I never really thought about how tough this must have been, must be on both of you, and especially you."

"You are a mere man."

Determined not to be distracted by her joke, I pressed on.

"No, I'm serious. When you told Bella to go for it with me you knew that meant you two would no longer be together, that even your friendship might not survive. You put all that at risk for Bella, and me. I apologize, I mean I saw you and she as..."

I stopped, not knowing how to move forward without sounding stupid or offensive.

It was Shane who filled in the blank. "You thought Bella and I were an unconventional pit stop on her way to a perfectly conventional incestuous relationship with her brother?"

She had a point. "Well, not the way I'd say it, but yeah, I didn't take you two seriously enough. I'm such a dunderhead. I want you to know how much I appreciate what you've done."

Shane smiled. "Thank you Sam. That's nice to hear. You need to understand, with women, no matter what we say, it's never just sex."

* * * *

I woke to the sound of Shane firing up the stove and watched Bella undo the flap of our tent and crawl outside. I thought about joining them, but the sleeping bag was warm and I figured they needed the time together.

Shane, leaning against a rock, said good morning and handed Bella a cup of coffee, who crawled into Shane's arms and said, "I'm sorry Shane, I acted like an ass yesterday."

Shane stroked Bella's hair. "Its okay baby, I still love you."

"I love you too Shane."

They were quiet awhile and then Bella said, "I better apologize to Sam."

"He and I talked last night. He'll understand."

I made rustling noises, signaling I was awake, Shane wandered off, Bella crawled into the tent, we made love. Bella sure knew how to apologize. Afterwards, she in my arms, we talked about what happened.

And, as we did, it was clear Shane had the problem perfectly pegged. I'd known Bella all her life, but sometimes Shane seemed to understood her far better than I.

* * * *

In San Francisco I returned to work and Shane and Bella, classes still a week off, explored the city. Some nights I'd join them for dinner at an inexpensive, utterly delicious, dive that I, the resident, knew nothing about, but they'd honed in on, then we'd find a public park and listen to a free concert. Some nights I came home to two giggling women in the kitchen making dinner.

Then one day I came home to just Bella, sitting on our second-hand couch, reading a book, wearing glasses and blue-jeans, only glasses and blue-jeans.

This looked like fun.

"Is the coast clear?"

She stood, approached me with a sexy stride, wrapped her arms around my neck, and kissed me. No question what she had in mind.

"Yep, Shane figured you and I needed some alone time. Jacqueline, that brunette who works at the coffee shop, has been hitting on her. They're out together. By the way, what do you think of her?"

"Who?"

"Jacqueline, dummy."

"Seems okay."

"Really, you don't think she's kind of a bitch?"

Not being sure what to say, I shrugged my shoulders, and said, "Unnnhhhh," which could mean anything. Bella got the message and said, "Okay, I promise to be good, no talking about Shane, or her bitchy date." I wrapped my arms around Bella, kissed her, kissed her again, kissed her some more. When the kiss finally ended Bella undid the buttons of my shirt, slid her hand under my tee-shirt, lifted it, nuzzled her face on my chest, licked my nipples, took my hand in hers, and led me down the hall to the bedroom. Once inside I reached for the hem of my shirt, but Bella placed her small hands on mine and said, "No Sam, let me."

I smiled, said, "Sure," ducked my head, pecked her sweet lips. She moved behind me, pulled my shirt over my head, walked over to and laid it with the dirty laundry, I watching her delightful little ass the entire time. My sister had a great ass.

She ambled back to me displaying a smirk that showed she appreciated my stare, took hold of my tee-shirt, dragged it up and off my torso, ran her hands on my chest, pressed her thigh to my crotch.

I was as stiff as a board.

Raising an eyebrow she said, "Feeling chipper, aren't we?" pressed my tee-shirt to her face, took a deep long whiff.

"I love the way you smell big brother. Always have.."

She walked to the dirty laundry, peeled off her jeans - she was not wearing underwear - dropped them and my tee-shirt in the pile, sauntered back.

"I always liked looking at you. As long as I remember I loved your body. I'd take peeks when I thought you wouldn't notice. When you went swimming at the lake I'd sit on the shore with a book, pretend to read it, but mostly watch you. I didn't think anything of it."

Her hands were on my belt buckle, undoing it.

"When I told girlfriends how cute I thought you were, I always got a big 'Eeewwwhhhhhhh...' I mean they thought you were cute, they talked about it, but I wasn't allowed. It didn't seem fair, but I learned not to talk about it."

She pulled my belt free.

"But I still checked you out whenever I could."

She knelt, untied each shoe, I pulled my feet out of them, she drew my pants down my legs, I stepped out of them.

"Sometimes I'd imagine that you and I were on a desert island, just the two of us, dressed in our swim suits, or maybe nothing at all, and I could look at you all day long, to my heart's content."

Bella deposited my remaining clothes in the hamper. We were both naked, there was a happy little smile on her face.

And while part of me wanted to ravage her, part of me wanted to go slow, take advantage of the first hours we'd had alone together for awhile. I decided to delay the ravaging, I could ravage later. Instead, knowing how much she loved, and was aroused by, a long massage, I said, "How 'bout a back rub".

She jumped onto the bed, turned to me, and said, "Okay."

I lit some candles and retrieved the massage oil from the bathroom.

* * * *

Moving from her back, legs, arms, shoulders, neck and butt, I spent close to an hour before I had Bella roll over. There I worked her small breasts, sliding my fingers through the oil covering them, turning to her nipples only after I had her whimpering in need.

I leaned forward, kissed her mouth.

"I love you baby sister."

"I love you big brother."

I worked on her feet, calves, and thighs, returned to her knees, worked my way back up. My hands well-lubricated, I pressed her pussy lips together and slid them against each other. Her juice bubbled out the top.

As I did Bella rocked her hips, each breath an audible exhalation, and then opened up her sex, pursed my lips, blew a stream of air over her clitoris.

"Uunnnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

I licked up her vulva and said, "You know..."

I kissed her vagina.

"...I love..."

I lay the flat of my tongue on her clit, dragged it over the nub, slow, real slow; did it again, increasing the pressure.

"...eating my sister's pussy."

There was no need for a lengthy build-up, she was deeply aroused, but still, I took my time, loving the feline way Bella responded to my mouth; how a slightly different angle or a small reduction or increase in force brought a differing contortion to her lithe frame and produced moans of varying pitches and tones.

I moved up to her clit, licked it, a long hard swipe with the flat of my tongue and, after a moment's pause, did it again. Bella undulated on the bed, her breaths supplemented by low long moans. I kept going; her breasts filled with blood, grew a deeper hue of red, her moans sharpened, her tongue slipped from her mouth, perched on her lower lip. A thin sheen of sweat covered her body.

I caught her clit between my tongue and upper lip, rolled it back and forth.

Groaning she pressed her hips to my face.

I pursed my lips around her clit, sucked on it, stretched it out, drew more blood into it, jittered my tongue on it, back and forth, up and down, diagonally. Relentless, unremitting, imagine a skilled boxer working a speed bag.

She squirmed, her groans grew more intense.

I cupped her left breast, squeezed, covered the nipple with my thumb, pressed it into her tit-flesh, moved it in an oval.

"Unnhhh, uuuunnnnhhhhhh, uuuuunnnnnhhhhhhhhh."

I pushed my index finger into her, dragged it over her g-spot. Short powerful bursts of breath exploded from her lungs and, securing her in place with my forearm, I inserted another finger inside her and redoubled the dual assault on clit and g-spot.

She grabbed my head, held me to her. My tongue slapped the tip of her clit while my lips squeezed, massaged, and kneaded its body.

"Yeah Sam, suck it. Suck it. Mmmmmmm yeah, I love it, love you Sam. Ohhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh, eat me. Mmmmmmmmm, eat me. Ooooooohhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss. Mmmmmmmmmmm yeahhhhhhhhhhh. Eat me, eat my pussy. Fucking lick me, you make... my pussy... feel so good... Eat me, lick me, suck me, anything, anything you want, oooooooohhhhhhh, yes, oh gawd, oh yes, oh god, just please, please, yes, yes, YESSSS AAAAAAHHHHHHH FUCCCKKKKKKKK... OH YES, I AAMMMM CCOOOMMIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!"

Juice poured from her, soaking my face, but I kept at it, intensifying her orgasm, then walking her down, drawing out the experience. Her jiggling bouncing body came to rest and I crawled up next to her. She rolled her body into mine, touched my lips with her index finger, kissed my chest. I held her, enjoying the warmth of her body, and, when I felt her recover, got up and straddled her.

She ran her hand along the side of my face, smiled, and said, "How do you know that?"

"Know what?"

"After one of your Super-Sam-Sexy-Snatch-Sucking-Specials you always know exactly how long I need to be ready for you."

"You may be the smart one, but I have skills. And when did you come up with, with, with that thing you just said?"

"Super-Sam-Sexy-Snatch-Sucking-Special?"

"Yeah."

"Momentary inspiration, not bad, huh?"

I wanted to conjure up a snappy comeback, but couldn't focus, her hand on my dick.

She said, "I want to put it inside."

She ran me up and down her sex, stopped to work the head on the door to her vagina, and raised her hips, enveloping my cock-head, stopped, nodded, and I entered her, going slow, both of us savoring, as we did each time we made love, the sensation of her body yielding, molding itself, to mine. When I was fully inside the sweet wet soft tight silken warm perfection of her vagina my sister arched her back, pushing me a bit deeper inside, and let out a long exhalation of air, emptying her lungs, as we lowered our conjoined bodies to the bed. She placed her ankles atop my calves.

There was no need to hurry and neither of us felt like doing so; our fuck was slow and long; minimal thrusting, mostly grinding, bodies rotating against each other in practiced unison. My dick explored her depths, corners, and crevices. Occasionally she'd come, short sweet orgasms, but I knew there were more lurking inside her and, after letting her recover, I'd carry her back up the mountain top. Then we both knew it was time and I rocked forward, sliding my cock out of her, rolling over her clit. Her hands tightened on my back, her legs slipped around my waist.

"Oh Sam, I love you."

I picked up the pace, long thrusts that drove her into the mattress. When I reached bottom she rolled her hips against me, mashing her clit on my pubic bone. I felt my balls tighten, Bella's sex twitch, and she wrapped her arms around my neck, pulled my head down, shoved her tongue in my mouth, but our on-rushing orgasms rendered even the co-ordination of a kiss impossible and I held myself up on my forearms, drove into Bella. Her head and res hair whipped from side-to-side, she dug her nails into my back, used her muscular legs to pull me into her.

"I love you Sam, love you, you're so good, so good, you're so good."

I moaned, Bella purred, pulled my face into her neck, whimpered, "Ohhhh yyeeesssssss," and came. When her cunt tightened on my dick, her sweet orgasmic murmur was drowned out by the far more primal grunt that exploded from my solar plexus as I filled her with my seed. She clamped her sex on me, I bellowed, "Bella I love you," and the pressure in my groin became a sublime explosion that froze time as a second load raced up my dick, destined for the sweet perfection of my sister's body.