Jumping at Shadows

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The lady looked at me disapprovingly. "So? You think that a few years is enough for Janet or Trish to forget that they made a terrible mistake? Can you imagine that perhaps they still dream of someday getting a chance to talk to you and somehow make everything right?"

I could feel my jaw drop a little. I was still trying to respond when the door opened and Bethany slipped into the room, dropping quietly into the nearest chair.

I paused and then carefully chose my next words. "Perhaps that's what those two want, but considering the tales of their exploits, I am not exactly going to be easy to convince. I made them a promise to be exclusive and kept it until I caught them. I have no idea how many men they were with before, and now I find I do not care. Maybe, just maybe if they had talked to me about it before it happened, but not after the deceit and lies."

Bethany looked up for a moment. "What was the issue then? Cheating or lying?"

I found myself actually rubbing my chin as I considered it. "It's not that simple. Both were issues. Some men might not mind being compared to others when it comes to technique in bed, but I don't get into that. The fact that Janet and Trish let other men fuck them would have haunted any relationship, making me wonder if I was good enough.

"But the broken trust hurts more. Especially from Janet. Could I ever believe her when she told me a tale of why she was late, or asked for a night out 'with the girls?' Even today I find myself wondering how many of her study sessions involved a hard cock before the one that I interrupted."

Bethany looked me in the eyes. "And if both May and a doctor swore that I was still a virgin, that no man had ever touched me there? Would you trust me then?"

If I had been drinking the table would have been well and truly christened with my reaction to this comment. "Who is May and what the heck are you talking about?"

The Asian girl who had started this raised her hand. "My real name is May Lee. You know that no woman uses her real name in those clubs if she can get away with it."

I found myself looking at May and Bethany and waiting. The silence seemed to go on forever and then Bethany sighed. "Don, I never lied to you in any way. We never talked about certain things because I thought you would never find out and once we moved here it was a part of my life I was going to try hard to forget."

I found myself looking at the two ladies. Bethany seemed near tears but before I could move May put a comforting and tender touch on her shoulder.

"Well," I sighed. "Maybe listening to Janet and Trish would not have killed me. Maybe I should have taken that time. However, it's a bit late for them now."

Bethany's hands came up to cover her eyes and May turned to glare at me as I continued. "That, however, is not important now. Bethany, you have no idea how much the last three months have meant to me. Perhaps the fact that we always met for lunches and afternoon dates should have clued me in, but I did trust you. My mind tells me to run, but my heart wants me to stay and see if perhaps I can trust you again. This time, I'm going to listen to my heart."

The gasp from Bethany immediately followed her looking right at me with tear-filled eyes. I found myself checking my pockets for a handkerchief as May hissed, "You'll give her a real chance? This isn't just to get her hopes up and then dash them to hurt her?"

I found myself looking at May and noticed that her right hand was still on Bethany's shoulder. I sighed. "May, I may be many things, but I won't lie. If Bethany feels the need to talk to me she can, even if it's in front of her lover."

Bethany gasped again as May shouted. "You are not making this better."

I shrugged. "Look. I have no clue what Bethany is thinking. I look back at our relationship and can remember few touches, and fewer kisses. I truly enjoyed every moment with her and thought she enjoyed those times as well. But I look at you right now and you are touching Bethany far more intimately than I have, and she is not flinching. To me, that says that she must be very close to you. I do want to hear her story, but I make no promises."

May was about to protest when Bethany put a hand out. "No, we both knew that this would happen," Bethany said sadly. "Don is willing to listen. Let me tell the whole story and then we can leave."

Bethany turned to look right at me. "Don, I never expected things to turn out this way, and I'm sorry. Not for falling in love, but because I did not have the strength to open up to you until it was too late. It took the money clip hitting May's shoe last night for me to realize that I could lose everything. Now I don't know if I can put them right, but please, let me tell you everything and I'll try."

She saw that I was sitting quietly and gave me a very shy smile before continuing. "Don, you don't realize just how easy you had it when it comes to school. Your father's business does rather well, and he was happy to pay for your education. I was not afforded that luxury.

"My father was in the army and died in a training accident when I was five. Mother remarried, but my step-father never really warmed to me. My twin half-brothers are his only interest. When I was about to graduate from high school he announced that he would provide no money for my education, and he wanted me to pay rent for my room at the house.

"That caused a huge argument between mother and him, but the final result was that I was going to move out as soon as possible. I had been accepted to UCLA, and my biological father had left behind some money for me to use for education, but it was really only enough for about two years. I looked at budgeting and such and figured that if I found a good job, I might be able to make the money stretch.

"Unfortunately, there are few jobs for a young woman in college that pay well and have truly flexible hours. Also I needed to find a place to stay. Well, one day I found an advertisement where a young woman was looking for someone to share her apartment room. The ad made it clear that I'd be sharing the room with her, but the rent was extremely low by LA standards, and it would make my money stretch. I arranged to meet her and after a short interview, agreed to split the room and rent.

"Well, she was a dancer, and after about a month I picked up on this because of her odd hours. I asked her about it and she was open about the hours, and the fact that sometimes men had to be pushed away. But she also made it clear that the nicer clubs had good security so the girls were safe, and that the money was better than any retail job available."

I interrupted at this point. "So you started stripping and showing your pussy to every pervert in LA."

Bethany glared at me. "Other than doctors, no man has ever seen my pussy. I did start working, but I only work in the topless clubs. And I never accepted extra money to meet a man away from the club. It wasn't that hard really. Most of the men at the clubs are jerks and except for their money, I never wanted anything to do with them. But I needed the money, and Elise was right, it did pay a lot better than my previous retail jobs."

She continued. "But yes, I took a job as a dancer. It took a while to adjust my body to the hours, but once I worked out a schedule I was doing fairly well. A good night could bring in at least one hundred after the dance tips and a lap dance or two. My money problems were solved, at least for college.

"I did find that I was disinterested in more than dancing, and really did not care for the dancing much. The money was nice, but dancing makes it hard to date because most men get the wrong idea if they find out you dance. I had to use mace on a couple dates who got aggressive after they learned where I worked.

"Well, Elise and I roomed together for two years, but she decided to move to Vegas and see if she could make more money, so I needed a new roommate. I placed an ad and May was the one who answered."

I held up a hand and looked at May. "So you have been living with Bethany for two years?"

May nodded. "Yes. My parents tried to force me to marry some guy they knew from back in China, and when I refused I was thrown out. I needed a place to stay and Bethany had space in the room."

I was a bit confused. "So, you aren't going to school then?"

May laughed. "No. I have taken a number of classes at LA City College, but my high school grades were not good enough for a four-year college. My plan was working days in retail and taking a class or two a semester until I could find a better job or a boyfriend."

The boyfriend comment surprised me. "A boyfriend? Pardon me for being a bit blunt, but from what I've seen so far, neither you, nor Bethany needs a boyfriend."

Bethany laughed and blushed. "Oh, how wrong you are."

I looked over at her and noticed a twinkle of hope in her eyes. She gave me a surprisingly friendly smile and continued.

"So May moved in, and I learned about her situation. After I had heard her story, I told her the truth about my job and how I was using that to get through college. She wanted to run away and find a new place, but settled in, although she avoided me as much as possible at first.

"That lasted until she was let go by the store where she worked just after New Years. Somehow her parents knew the owner and were hoping that they could get her to come home if she lost the job. Well, desperation kicked in and May asked me if I could introduce her to the clubs and get her started as a dancer.

"She proved popular at the clubs and we quickly worked out duplicate schedules so that we could travel to and from the clubs together. The problem was that May gets more than a bit turned on while dancing, and would be horny during the drive home.

"Well, one night there was a bachelor party at the club, and May and I both made several hundred dollars for lap dances. We were so jazzed when we got home that I started dancing for her to reenact some of the night's play. I was not thinking too clearly, and neither was she, because as I brought one of my breasts near her lips she grabbed me and kissed my breast.

"It was like turning a light switch on. I was naked less than a minute later and May not much longer than that, and we spent the rest of the night kissing and licking every part of the other's body. It was all lust, but when we woke up entwined the next morning I guess we realized there was a bit of love too. The relationship has kind of grown from there. The lust is there, but May does mean a lot to me."

Bethany reached up and pulled May's lips to her, giving her a short and very tender kiss. I sighed and shook my head. "I can see that you two love each other, and I'm very happy for you Bethany. But why do you feel a need to tell me this?"

May muttered something about stupid guys, but Bethany giggled.

"Don," Bethany started, "I guess May told you that when we had that first meeting, some of Janet's sorority sisters saw us. I was not looking for a man at the time. My plan was to finish school and find a place to work. May was going to see about getting a four-year degree, and yes, the plan was to live together. However, Janet's sorority friends only saw a beautiful blond talking to a man they watch closely."

"Again with that," I muttered. "May told me that as well, but I have no idea why they cared."

May grunted, but Bethany continued. "They care because Janet can't get over you. I know you have heard about Janet's any-guy policy, but Suzanne made it clear that she's a hurting and confused lady. You were Janet's first and only lover the night you caught her in that booth. Oh, she was planning to do it, but it was curiosity. She got this dumb idea that she had to try out another man before she got married."

"What?" I snapped. "So I guess she would have been fine with me going out and finding a couple girls to fuck just to try them out? That makes little sense."

"Makes none to me either," May said. "But Suzanne was extremely clear about that. Janet had not even thought about the possibility of getting caught, she just wanted to try another man out. But you caught her and then refused to let her fix it. She realized that she lost you, and now kind of searches for a replacement."

"Kind of?" I asked.

Bethany frowned. "Even Suzanne wasn't sure, but Janet seems to compare every guy to you and finds them lacking. You realize that she is usually very drunk when she goes out. It sounds like she drinks because she can no longer face herself or what she has done."

I remembered the words Mildred's comments about Janet at my graduation. This story sounded similar to that and I found myself nodding. "Okay, I can accept that story, although I couldn't take Janet back after what she has done."

Bethany smiled. "Well, I was not going to ask you to."

May also smiled. "But would you take a couple of bi-sexual ladies in?"

I'm surprised the table managed to stop my jaw as it dropped. "Would I what?" I shouted.

Bethany stood up and with a quick motion removed the t-shirt she was wearing and walked over to the chair I was sitting in. She threw the t-shirt over my back and pulled me forward so my face was inches from her.

"She asked if you might be interested in two bi-sexual girls."

I was looking Bethany in the eyes and trying to formulate a response when May grabbed my head and turned it so that I was inches away from a panty-clad pussy.

"There are definite advantages to our offer," I heard her say.

My cock was rock-hard and I was having a lot of trouble focusing. In the back of my mind I could hear a voice shouting, "Danger! Danger Don Cochran!" I thought up and discarded numerous responses before finally crying, "Wait!"

Both ladies backed off a fraction and sat down, although Bethany left her shirt around my neck and I could see May's skirt on the floor near the door. Neither seemed upset although Bethany did appear a bit nervous when I looked at her breasts.

I took a moment to get my breath back and swallowed. "Wow. Of all the possible directions this conversation could have gone. You found one that I definitely did not predict."

May smiled and removed her blouse, slowly leaving only her panties and heels on. "Why? Do you not like the idea?" she flirted with me.

I had to laugh. "Liking the idea is not the problem. You have admitted that you have been lovers for more than a year, and Bethany tells me that she's never been with a man. So how can I believe that either of you wants to be with me at all? Especially since until today, I'd never seen you before, May."

Bethany laughed and unsnapped her skirt, standing for a moment to let it slide to the floor. She was now wearing only panties like May and looked right at me before sliding over to May to give her a kiss. The kiss was short and when it ended Bethany looked at me.

"You never saw May, but she was around for many of our dates. You were the first man in nearly a year that interested either of us, and somehow we got a crazy idea."

I looked back and forth between the ladies, trying to figure out what they were saying when May jumped into my lap and proceeded to kiss me. I was a bit shocked, especially when her tongue forced its way into my mouth and started exploring. I tried to fight back only to have another set of hands wrap around me and hold me in the chair until May finished.

May stood up slowly once her lips left mine and she spread her legs slightly so I could see the small wet spot on her panties. "That should answer the question about me wanting you," she said.

"But Bethany-" was all I could say before my chair spun around and Bethany fell onto my lap and wrapped her arms around me.

"But I wanted you even more than May did. However, I am a stupid bitch who promised May that the first time a man was involved it would be a threesome, and did not know how to bring that up," she said before covering my mouth with hers.

I'd thought that May's kiss was passionate, but Bethany practically raped my mouth and I groaned as I tried to command my cock to wait. I think the ladies already knew the score, but I wanted to tease them just a bit.

"I can see you have rehearsed this little presentation well," I said. "Preparing this for a while?"

Bethany actually blushed and May looked down. I was trying hard not to laugh, but finally gave Bethany a wink which had her burst into laughter. "We've never done this before you jerk," she cried as she pulled me in for another kiss.

May looked confused and then laughed herself. "Don, I'll get you for that one."

I let them both laugh for a moment and then paused and gave them both a serious look. "Well, how do I say this?"

I could feel Bethany stiffen and her arms around me tightened just a little. May had a forlorn look on her face. I tried hard to avoid smiling as I continued. "I have two beautiful ladies telling me that they want to enter into a relationship with me. But, I have to ask if they really are considering all the aspects."

"Aspects?" May asked as Bethany looked at me.

I nodded. "Yes. There are a few caveats and provisions that need to be agreed on."

Bethany's arms gripped me tighter. "Name them," she hissed.

I looked her directly in the eyes. "First, if we do this, it's for life. And I don't mean the bullshit kind of death to us part commitment most people bring into a marriage. If I agree, you both promise that it will be the three of us today, tomorrow and fifty years from now. If there is a problem, we talk about it and fix it. We commit to this being permanent and forever, no leaving because you grow bored."

May and Bethany glanced at each other. May then gave me a very uncertain look.

"Forever is a long time," she said.

"Yes, but if we commit to it now and mean it, we can make it," I said. "But there's more and you need to hear them all. Second, babies. I want children. Can you agree to have them? And will both of you want children?"

Bethany actually whispered in my ear, "Can we start trying for one tonight?" as May smiled. I watched the smile grow and laughed.

"Okay, that one doesn't seem to bother you," I smirked. "I only have one more, but it's very important. No more stripping and no man other than me or your doctor sees your nipples or pussy. I don't mind if my wives are the sexiest things and every guy lusts after them, but I want some secrets just for us."

Bethany just hugged me. "No girls see your cock then. It will be just for May and I."

The laughter came out then. "Bethany, if Janet's friends told you everything, then you know that I always tried to be a one-woman man. If you and May demand that I take you as a package deal, I'll be a two-woman man, but I don't want more. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with two ladies as sexy as you two."

May did look a bit distressed at this and Bethany noticed it first. "What's wrong love?" she asked.

May looked down. "What can I do about a job?"

I remembered Fred comments from earlier. "Think you can answer phones, organize an office and greet clients?"

May and Bethany looked confused before May replied. "I have never done that before, but it doesn't sound too difficult."

I reached over to the phone in the room and hit speaker, dialing Fred's extension. He must have known it was an internal call. "I do hope you and Bethany have resolved whatever problem you had," he said as he answered.

Bethany giggled and I sighed. "Please don't tell me you were listening at the door."

"No," Fred replied flippantly. "But the wall between the conference room and the main office definitely needs more soundproofing. So, you called about something."

I could see both Bethany and May blushing as I continued. "Well, yes I do believe that the future Mrs. Bethany Cochran and I have solved our problem. However, the future Mrs. May Cochran needs a job, she has not run an office before, but I'm sure you will find her work satisfactory."