Just a Jab Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As she was returning to her desk Bronwyn was at the front reception teeming with curiosity over the the strange behaviour she had noticed. She had been walking down the passage as Janet had locked John's door after going in. Following this were the odd noises from his office and the loud discussion excuse sounded lame to her. She may love John because he was good to her, but she liked Linda as well and was scared he and Janet may be having an affair. She knew this should be none of her business, but if true would have ramifications on all of them. For now though she considered just staying quiet but keep an eye on things. If it proved to be true she had no idea what to do, but will cross that bridge if she had to.

Wednesday evening was a copy of recent times as Sophia joined the pair for a treatment session. As they were becoming more acquainted carnally with each other the heady rush of having honeymoon like sex had abated slightly. They settled into a slower fulfilling rhythm containing more care and attention to each other. Linda was also becoming more physically involved in the love making. Sophia was over the moon that both of her loves were actively participating. Linda was still just only kissing, cuddling and more touchy-feely with Sophia but this showed some promise of more to come in the future.

John and Linda had discussed the issue of Janet being involved after the lunch time session. John had to agree that it would be difficult for Linda to always be at the office around lunch time. If today had been for real and Janet was not willing to help they would have potentially been in trouble. John rubbing one out for himself was only to be used in extreme circumstances as it was of very limited benefit. John admitted that it was a lot better with a woman than by himself facing the toilet wall.

***

Thursday followed on similar lines as this routine continued into Friday morning. By the end of lunch on Friday Bronwyn was beside herself with worry. Doing a little lunch time snooping she had confirmed that they were up to some shenanigans in the office. Bronwyn allowed herself the weekend to think about what she should do, and whether she should do anything at all. She was not very old herself and what little she had witnessed of life before meeting John was all negative, leaving her with a tainted view of people in general. Her own family had virtually kicked her out for being different, only John had ever accepted her for who she was instead of how she looked. She did not want anything bad to happen to him if she could act to help him. As she watched him leave for the day her major concern was that his behaviour with Janet was totally out of character for them both. This confused her and was one of the things she really needed this weekend to consider.

Friday day 19

Linda was becoming more nervous as the day progressed. By the afternoon she was stressed about the upcoming doctors appointment. Today she would find out what was wrong with her. The aches and pains, the nausea, abdominal cramps and fatigue were getting her down. If it hadn't been for her moments of cuckqueenliness she might have stopped doing anything altogether. The thrill of organising John's sex life had given her a real buzz that she had not felt since they had started their own sex life many moons ago. Now she had to sit here in the waiting room like everyone else doing exactly what the name said, waiting. She sat there looking around at the others hoping to take her mind off her own nerves.

People seemed to behave the same everywhere, whether here or on a train. Nobody seemed to overtly pay attention to the strangers in the room, although if you could watch for long enough you would see them make covert glimpses at the other people. This was specially so for blokes toward women and women toward younger men. Older blokes never even got noticed unless they tripped over someone's legs. The only time anyone looked up was if a door opened as they checked if it was their turn for the doctor. This was just like a train nearing a station people would invariably check where they were even if they should know how far the train had gone. It was just habit to always check your surroundings, probably from back when hunter gatherers kept a sharp eye out for other predators. Linda was amusing herself with these thoughts as John arrived. At her silent question of blatantly looking at his groin he nodded to affirm that he had his treatment at lunch time. She smiled at this and was so happy to see him that she missed her own name be called. John heard it and gave her a nudge to move. With this lack of alertness she would never survive long in the wilds with predators around.

They were ushered into the doctor's room to face whatever had been found. Even John was succumbing to nerves as they went through the polite small talk that is so necessary in society, all he wanted to do was call out 'Stop dithering around and tell us already'. Linda was going through the same concerns and impatience as John, although it seemed to her that Dr Stabler was stalling. This was disturbing to Linda as she could only deem this to be bad news for them as she tried to think what could be so bad. Her nerves went to a new level and John even noticed her starting to shake. At this his worries about her health turned to concern for her emotions, so he cut in on what Mabel was saying.

"Excuse me Mabel it is good that you have had these things checked for and not found, but what has come back positive from the testing? Should we be really worried, mildly concerned or jumping for joy?"

"Well John I was trying to get to this," answered Mabel, "but you are right I am taking the long road to get there. Just bear with me for a moment longer and all will be clear. To shorten this I checked for many things that could have caused Linda's health concerns and fortunately the tests for anything of concern were all negative.

"You do not have any cause for any major worries," she continued turning to look directly at Linda, "What I can report to you is that you are in the very early stages of pregnancy."

Mabel had a big smile as John and Linda stared at her stunned, not believing this was at all possible. They had never considered conceiving children because of John's infertility.

"You are only just pregnant but I had a special blood test carried out for this and it is positive. I can only guess it happened as soon as John came out of hospital. I will need to carry out some more tests on the both of you as even with this test it was lucky to have shown this early."

"But, but," stammered Linda, "how can that be. John has been infertile since a teenager, and I had stopped ovulating a few years ago."

It was with that comment that it dawned on John that he was not infertile any more. The injection and all its problems had somehow fixed him. He recalled what Dr Kendall had said that he was producing more sperm than normal men. This had not clicked in his brain properly as he had gotten so used to always shooting blanks. He really was a full breeding stud, and they were going to have a baby. Wow!

"I know Linda, but I can only gather that you were not fully past the fertile stage yet and maybe John's newfound stud status has overcome your bodies resistances. I cannot say exactly, but I will want some more testing done, and I think your specialist Dr Kendall should be in on this as she could help.

"Now, let me be the first to congratulate the pair of you on this wonderful news and I know you will be fantastic parents. I don't know anyone else who could be more deserving than the two of you," Mabel added as she got up and went to Linda, then John to hug them and give a kiss on the cheek to each.

"Thank you Mabel," they both responded and Linda added, "I think we are speechless. This is something we never ever expected to hear. Wow, darling I'm pregnant, how's that sound my daddy to be," she excitedly said to John as she flew into his arms and let the tears fall, blubbering in her happiness.

They stayed in each others arms until Linda could rein in her emotions, or at least stop crying as much. Tears still dripped down her cheeks as she returned to her seat to look back at the doctor, although neither John nor Linda let go of each others hands. Now that the pair were back in some control Mabel continued.

"That is the good news, unfortunately there are some concerns that go with this news. You are not a young woman anymore Linda and pregnancy can be dangerous for both you and the baby. You will need to look after yourself from now, and this pamphlet gives some ideas on what you will need to do. The important thing is that you must be careful of overdoing physical exertion or getting over-stressed. Knowing what you are already going through with John's problems you will need to be careful when having sex. Normally this would not be as much of a worry and just need some caution. However, the frequency and activeness that you described to me as well as what Dr Kendall advised me, you will need to consider very carefully how you will both cope. John, can you just handle things yourself?"

"Yes and no Mabel, I can but it is not useful long term. To be blunt, handling it myself only puts things off for an hour or so, and even I could not do it on the hour, every hour, every day. This will sound horrible but we have needed to find alternative means this week while Linda was too ill to be fully active, but I don't know if this could be a long term thing."

"It can be," piped in Linda and they both turned toward her, "John, you can be so brilliant and so daft, all at the same time. Mabel, we have been getting help with John's treatment this week from our close friends. They have been happy to help and will be, not to understate this, they will be ecstatic to continue, forever. John, don't look so shocked, you know this to be true. They love us both, but because of who you are they really really love you. If I was not a friend as well you would have had many women lined up to steal you away. The funny thing is that because they love you for who you are, they also know that you would never ever leave me. Well, you might if I suddenly became a serial killer or something, or maybe not even then.

"Be that as it may, they and others who I will not name would bend over backwards, literally, to help you relieve your pressure build up. If you admitted this fully to yourself you would know that you love them as well, maybe as much as you love me. Let me tell you that they are all John-worthy being wonderful people in their own right, as well as being gorgeous."

John gave a long sigh and moved to a less uncomfortable position on the chair as he finished considering what his wife had said, "Yes dear I know you are probably right. It just sounds like we have a bad relationship to say it. But you are right, and as I said the other day it is like I am increasing my love for others, not just spreading the same amount thinner."

Linda leaned over and gave him a very big kiss, "That's why we all love you so much dear."

"Wow, unbelievable," was all Mabel could silently utter at these confessions. She thought to herself this was even better that Oprah. After a little head shake, cough and straightening in her chair she said, "What an amazing pair you are. If this was from anyone else I would be looking around for the hidden cameras."

At this they all had a little laugh.

"So I guess you have everything in hand so to speak. I want you both to get some tests done, here are the request forms. I will talk with Dr Kendall about you John if that is all right?" and John nodded his head in agreement.

After some more questions, answers and discussion they left the doctor's rooms after waving bye to Sophia. Linda mouthed, "Later," to her as they walked out the door, hand in hand. Sophia noticed a happy glow about them and guessed they had some good news for a change, making Sophia pleased for them. Despite her raging curiosity she forced herself to wait until tonight to find out what has happened.

They would need the rest of the day to get their heads around this unexpected news. That little saying that always pops up in reality competitions is sometimes true, 'their lives will never be the same again'.

***

They arrived home earlier than a normal work day giving them time to quietly sit and talk about this news. Each was happy but also cautious as there were very real risks involved in mid life pregnancies. Knowing each other as well as they did it was not even really necessary to talk much about it. Instead they sat in the family room for a while having mostly quiet time together absorbing the loving vibes.

Linda got on the phone and spoke with Janet asking her if she could visit after dinner tonight. Janet was at work so she could not say anything out loud but she did ask for confirmation that this involved John and his treatment, and thus best if Adriana did not come as well. Tonight they would need to have their war conference and determine a strategy to help both John and Linda. Linda then left a message with Sophia to come over after dinner and that Janet would be here as well to discuss treatment options. Sophia would know that would be an adults only conversation. It was amazing to Linda how Sophia was able to curtail the twins visits as much as she had been, then speak of the devil as she heard the tell-tale banter and giggling announce the arrival of the terrible twosome. They really weren't terrible but Linda like the sound of the saying.

A quick "hello" was called out as the back door opened, then the silent pause as the key was returned to its hiding place, presaged the arrival of the pair. They certainly made an entrance as they raced in bouncing in glee making their way straight to their favourite neighbours. They were laughing as they launched themselves to either side of the couple giving them more hugs and kisses. There was always something effervescent about the girls that could banish any sad thoughts or moods. Looking closely at me Kimberley started there version of the inquisition and then joined by Sally.

"John are you getting better now" - "that mum is helping with your treatment?" - "We do notice that" - "it is making her a lot happier" - "to be needed by you."

Of course, as it usually happens, their questions are mostly rhetorical and they rarely ever pause for a reply. You learn to nod or shake your head according to what you decide they really want to know. If you are able to and daring enough a shrug of your shoulders can be tried but non-responses like this are frowned upon. They do sometimes want an answer, but stopping to wait for a verbal reply is not in their nature.

"We tried to get mum" - "to fill us in" - "on what you need done" - "but she just" - "does that mummy look" - "that says 'none of your business'."

The last bit was said with a their faces taking on that superior look of looking down on you past the nose and a stuffy posh voice. We could not help but laugh at their antics which would always get them wound up to keep you laughing. But today they stopped and got serious with them holding our hands and making certain we got the message that they were really wanting to know the truth.

"Linda you went to the" - "doctors again today, we know" - "that much from what mum has almost said." - "Please tell us what is wrong." - "Not knowing and having to guess" - "is getting us too worried." - "Please tell us so we can get" - "back to our studies for the exams."

Linda looked at John as he nodded his head and he said, "OK but you cannot say anything yet as nobody else knows, not even mum," then seeing their faces drop in expectation of hearing bad news he added, "but it's good news."

"Ooh great" - "we love good news," they said as their faces brightened up and they bounced up onto their knees giving us total undivided attention.

"As John said, it is good news, although I will have to be careful from now for a long while. You know how we could not have a family of our own and sort of adopted you and Adriana," Linda told them as they nodded their heads. You could see them concentrating on trying to work out what we were going to say next.

"Well it seems that the problem that caused that has been cleared and now," she said.

Linda herself was starting to get excited getting fidgety and almost bouncing in joy. Her face was really showing her happiness and tears were starting to fall as she realised again what was actually happening in our lives. John was grinning in response to her obvious delight and the twins were guessing where this was heading although they waited not wanting to jinx it. You could see Linda was bursting to tell someone, so she just let it out.

"I, we, are going to have a baby. I'm pregnant."

That news had almost become expected by our audience but guessing had not dampened the responses. Sally and Kimberley squealed in happiness and rushed in to hug Linda, who for once got the attention before John.

"Congratulations" - "This is abso' great," - "and we are the first to know," this realisation brought on another round of squeals.

"Now don't say anything or give it away to anyone, especially mum. We have not told anyone else yet and we want to be the ones to let her know, OK," Linda said to them and watched as they nodded back to her. She could see more questions forming in their minds so Linda tried to bypass the inquisition before it started as she could not answer much at this early stage anyway, "I don't know any more than that as it is way too early. Normally we would not know I was pregnant for another month at least, but the doctor's tests showed it this soon. So no point asking what is coming into your heads."

You could see by the twins body language, the deflation of not being able to pester us with more questions. So they decided that enough was enough and they should get home before mum arrived and she told them off for pestering John and Linda. So with more congratulations they left arguing over whether this would make them aunties. The girls seemed to agree with each other that they would be aunts, but were so high spirited after the good news that they had to argue just to let off some pent up joy. Perhaps the debate was more about whether they would be called aunt or auntie.

"If only life could be so problematic," observed a cynical wife, "but then after all these years we are going to have a baby aren't we. This is like one of those twilight shows where the impossible always seems to happen. I am so happy John, how about you? You seem quieter than normal."

"I am very happy dear, it is still sinking in. So hard to believe, I just hope I do not wake up and find it was all a dream."

"We had better get moving, it is almost dinner time and Sophia will be here as soon as she gets home. There is no way that she will wait until later to find out what is happening. Let's get started cooking, or maybe we could get take away. We have a reason for celebration tonight, you can ring up and get it delivered. Then we can see how your tingles are going, if not started then I can always do a little strip and get you going."

John loved when Linda was happy and the result always made him happy as she would get playful. It took John a few minutes to find a menu and ring through to place the order. It would be too much food but Chinese leftovers can always be reheated tomorrow and he always liked sampling different dishes. He had just put the phone down when music began in the bedroom. John raced up the stairs arriving at their room in time for Linda to drop her first piece of clothing. He undressed himself as Linda danced seductively around him undressing slowly making sure to keep his attention on her. By the time he was naked his little bloke was at full mast and Linda was sliding her panties over her hips, wriggling her butt in his direction. They did not waste any time filling in the brief moments before dinner arrived at the front door. They may have been playful but they remained aware of being careful. There was no way they would risk their baby's health.