Just a Little Magic Ch. 03

Story Info
A Prom to Remember.
10.5k words
4.76
70.5k
80

Part 3 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 02/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,334 Followers

JUST A LITTLE MAGIC Chapter 3

Prom night can be very stressful for high school students. There's the long buildup, and all of the drama and soap operas, with who asked who, the shattered dreams or simple disappointments.

Until a month ago, Sammy and I had had no expectations whatsoever. We were going to go, but stag. Solo. Actually, more like a pair. Batman and Robin. Part of that was companionship. And part of it was the simple fact that we probably couldn't have found two girls willing to go with us.

I might have asked Alison Park. Maybe. I thought she might have said yes. But her friends would all have dates, and they'd all be sitting at the same table. No room for Sammy.

Sammy thought he could 'get' Anna Esposito. Never mind that this was pure fantasy on his part - but it would have resulted in the same situation, with me excluded from their table.

We had reconciled ourselves to going without dates. Only now, we weren't.

I was going with the sexiest, most beautiful girl in the entire Eastern Time Zone. And Sammy would have a date, too - even if he hadn't met her yet.

He pestered me to bother Janine to ask Penny if they could meet before the Prom. You know, maybe go out on a date, get to know each other a little ...

- "No."

- "No? Just ... no?"

- "She lives out of town. Penny will come out for the weekend, and she'll be Sammy's date for the Prom. It's not the start of a long-term relationship, okay?"

- "Alright." I just couldn't help myself. I smiled every time I talked to Janine, or saw her in the flesh. After our second 'lesson' on oral sex, I'd been walking on air. I tried to act nonchalant, but I was seriously hoping that Janine would be willing to study with me a little bit after the Prom.

Mom fussed over my suit and boutonniere, while sniffling and repeating 'My boy is all grown up' over and over. Bill was good enough to lend me the car, on the understanding that I wouldn't be drinking.

I drove over to Janine's place, to pick her up first. Lillian opened the door.

- "Hello, Pete. She's almost ready."

'Almost', it turned out, meant 15 minutes.

Lillian got me a glass of fruit juice, and told me how handsome I looked. She also surprised me by asking how my training with Janine was going. I nearly choked on the juice. Did she have any idea what her daughter was really teaching me?

I shouldn't have been surprised when Janine came out; I really shouldn't have.

She looked ... beyond incredible.

Her long black hair was full and lustrous, without being overdone. Some of the girls we'd see later that night looked like someone had used two cans of hairspray on them, or an oil drum of gel (or shellac).

Janine seemed to have come straight from a modelling shoot - with just that little bit of disarray that sent my imagination into overdrive.

Her makeup highlighted her bright, beautiful brown eyes, and her lovely lips. Even her nose looked perfect - which it was.

Her dress was black, too: just a simple, classic number that left her shoulders and arms bare, but it was cunningly slit down the side, to allow her freedom of movement, or to show a bit of leg.

I even looked at her feet: she was wearing 3-inch heels. Janine would never be tall enough to model professionally, but that just meant that the entire modelling industry was messed up.

- "I don't know what to say." I got out. "This is already the best day of my life."

- "That's pretty good." said my date.

Lillian took the corsage I'd brought, and took care of putting it on Janine's wrist.

- "You look very good, too, Pete." said Janine.

- "I went shopping with a friend - somebody with good taste."

- "Is that so?" she said, with a grin.

- "Seriously, Janine - you look spectacular."

- "Glad you appreciate it."

- "You two have fun." said Lillian.

Next, Janine gave me directions, so that we could go and pick up Penny.

My first sight of Sammy's date was a surprise, too. I have no idea what I'd been expecting. Every single image I'd conjured up had been completely wrong.

Penny was a little taller than Janine (most everybody is). She had bright red hair, and a profusion of freckles across her nose and cheeks. Big glasses, braces ... and a very unusual body.

She had thin legs, and no ass to speak of, but her tits were sizeable, and ... stuck out rather noticeably in front of her. For some reason, I thought of a pigeon.

I don't know if I would have called her 'cute', but she certainly wasn't ugly. If you'd seen her on the street, or at school ... you would have noticed her.

Janine introduced us. I said hello, and told her she looked nice.

- "Thank you. And thank you for driving." she said, in a little girly voice.

Then it was off to Sammy's.

Sammy was - uncharacteristically - robbed of the power of speech. He just stood there like an idiot, grinning at Penny. I introduced them: all he could manage was 'Hey.'

- "Don't you think she looks good, Sammy?" I prompted him.

- "She looks fantastic."

- "Thank you." said Penny. "I'm looking forward to spending the evening with you."

Sammy's parents insisted on serving us non-alcoholic cocktails, and then taking 400 or 500 pictures. By that I mean that Sammy's Mom took the pictures; his Dad was having trouble with his basic motor functions after his first sight of Janine.

I managed to extricate us from there, so that we could drive to my house, and repeat the same process with my parents. Well, my Mom, and Bill. He was a decent enough guy, but I found that I looked him differently now that I knew he wasn't my real father.

He handled himself pretty well on this occasion. I mean, he didn't drool, or anything. He did take a few too many pictures (some of which seemed to be of Janine alone) In fact, though, it was my Mom who embarrassed me the most.

- "Are you really Peter's date?" she asked Janine.

- "I am."

- "Really?"

- "Really, Mrs. Grey. Peter and I are becoming very close friends."

More mocktails, more pictures. I was relieved that Mom didn't try to have Janine sign some kind of affidavit that she was - absolutely and truly - my Prom date.

I couldn't really blame her. Mom would have been shocked if I'd brought someone like Penny over. But for her son to go from zero girlfriends - ever - to this goddess ... it boggled the imagination.

Somehow, I managed to extricate us from my house, and got the show on the road. Sammy piled into the backseat with Penny, still grinning from ear to ear. I did the chivalrous thing, and went over to the passenger side to open the door for Janine.

- "Smooth." she said. "I approve."

On the way there, Sammy finally spoke.

- "I'm so glad you're here." he said, to Penny. "And thank you, Janine, for finding her. This is gonna be the best night ever. Do you like to dance, Penny? I can't wait to hit the floor."

That was one subject where Sammy and I disagreed. I didn't care much for dancing. In fact, we could have skipped the whole dinner and dance thing, as far as I was concerned. Don't get me wrong: I was stoked beyond belief to have Janine as my date. I just didn't give a damn about showing her off. I really didn't care what my graduating class thought of me.

For four years long years I'd learned, firsthand, that the majority of my so-called peers didn't think about me at all. My presence barely registered. 'Magic kid', or 'the kid who did the tricks' - they couldn't be bothered to learn my name. Sammy had been 'that annoying guy' for much of high school.

I didn't hate our classmates; I just didn't care about them. That's why I didn't even think about impressing them.

I would have preferred to be alone with Janine. Okay: I wanted Sammy to have a good time. But we could have double-dated, and I would have enjoyed that.

Our entry into the banquet was like nothing I'd ever experienced before. There was loud chatter all over the room, which slowly dwindled, and then died away entirely.

- "I think they're all staring at you, J-girl." said Penny.

- "Looks that way." said my date.

- "And so they should be." declared my best friend. "You look fabulous."

- "Thank you, Sammy."

It took me a little while to understand. Once I'd seen the other girls at the Prom, though, I began to realize why Janine's appearance had had such an impact. Honestly? It was like a swan suddenly appearing on the duck pond.

Janine simply outclassed every single female in the place - by a ridiculous margin. The cheerleading squad looked utterly despondent. All that money spent on hairdos, dresses, limos ... and they had to watch as their dates stared at Janine, their brains turned to mush.

Chad Burns actually tripped over his date's dress, and spilled most of two drinks all over her. Mary-Ellen Harris, the Prom Queen, punched her date in the arm, just to get his attention (or to break the spell).

To prevent further mayhem, I suggested that we head for our table. It was number 27 (out of 28). We would be seated with Gerry Dutrueil and his date - another male. Gerry wasn't the only openly gay guy at our school, but he was the only one who'd dared to bring his boyfriend. Good for him. We weren't friends, exactly, but I had no problem with him.

The last two people at our table were Gina and Rita Peloso. They were twin sisters whose parents were so incredibly strict that they'd forbidden the girls to go to their Prom with boys. They had to go together, and ... their Mom and Dad had volunteered to act as chaperones for the occasions. Fort Knox was more likely to be robbed than those two were to experience pre-marital sex.

- "The misfit table!" said Sammy. "Here's to us!" Gerry and his boyfriend laughed. The Peloso twins just stared (maybe they didn't find anything funny).

We got to enjoy maybe four minutes of peace before the first asshole came to our table. It was Mathew Stanley, the self-proclaimed jokester. He claimed to be irreverent - his way of allowing him to make fun of everything and everybody.

- "Holy shit, Magic Boy!" he said. "I had no idea you were so rich. You actually brought a hooker to Prom?"

I was halfway out of my seat before Janine reached out with her arm to stop me.

- "Don't bother, Pete." she said. No one at our table was so much as breathing, so everybody heard her. "This fool is just jealous. He probably has a tiny dick."

As she said that, she turned to look at him.

"And a weak bladder." she added.

Mathew suddenly hunched over.

- "Holy shit!" said Penny, Sammy's date. "Did he just wet himself?"

Everyone looked. Sure enough, there was a large, dark, and spreading wet stain on the front of the asshole's pants.

The Peloso twins gasped. Gerry D. laughed out loud. To a chorus of laughter, the self-appointed funny man beat a hasty retreat.

- "That was awesome!" said Sammy. "What a great start!"

I was looking at Janine. I was 100% sure that she'd used magic to embarrass that idiot. No, I didn't mind it. Not really. But I didn't want her to have to deal with more harassment at what was supposed to be a party - a good time for everyone.

Janine might have read my mind. She leaned closer.

- "It's alright." she said. "I was expecting something like this, anyway. Don't worry: I can take care of myself."

Then she leaned even closer. "But I saw you, leaping to your feet ... just because you didn't have to doesn't mean that I'm not ... impressed. You were ready to defend me, weren't you?"

- "Umm ..."

- "You were. But don't worry, okay? I can handle this."

Sammy, Gerry and I got drinks for the table. When we returned, two new assholes - basketball players - were standing next to Janine, and obviously hitting on her.

The three of us had an excellent view as the two dicks suddenly coughed, and bent over, like they were suffering some kind of spasm - splitting the back of their pants open.

Both Sammy and Gerry's eyes went wide, as if they couldn't believe what they'd seen. I was shocked, too; I couldn't believe that Janine was using magic so openly.

I sat down next to her, and put our drinks on the table.

- "What are you doing?" I whispered.

- "Don't worry." she said. "They won't remember exactly what happened. Besides, they aren't about to tell everyone they know that they just split their pants."

- "But Sammy and Gerry saw it, too."

Janine was unperturbed. "Sammy knows about magic. You've already spilled the beans on that one. And Gerry will just chalk it up to incredible coincidences. Occam's razor, you know?"

I didn't. Janine was willing to explain it to me.

"Let's say that there are several possible explanations for what just happened. Most people will go with the simplest explanation. Magic doesn't exist, therefore an explanation that includes magic is too complicated. Gerry would have to convince himself that magic was real before he could accept that I used a spell."

"It's much easier to ascribe it to coincidence; their pants were too tight. Coincidence. Funny moment. End of story."

- "I don't know, Janine ..."

- "Pete- I'm using a little magic to fuck up assholes who don't think you deserve to be with me. You and I already know that isn't true. I don't want any of these morons to spoil our time together."

"Besides - once you're a famous magician, a handful of people will remember this night... and some of them will wonder if Peter Grey, the mentalist, pulled something at the Prom. Some kind of magic ..."

- "You're having fun, though." I said.

- "That too."

Our meal was served. It was ... about what you would expect. There was more conversation around our table. Even the Peloso twins seemed to be having more fun that they'd ever imagined they could. Sammy and Gerry were holding court.

- "Damn, Pete." said Gerry. "There has to be a story here. No offence, but ... how did you ever convince a lady as fine as Janine to come to Prom with you?"

- "She asked me." I said. It was the simple truth, but Gerry just about had a seizure.

- "Oh, shit, Pete! You're killing me! Now I wish we'd been hanging out, all this time."

- "He's a bit of a late bloomer." said Janine - which only sent Gerry into more convulsions.

Sammy seemed to be getting along with Penny - he certainly spent a lot of time whispering into her ear. I started to relax. Maybe this whole thing wouldn't be so bad.

When the meal was cleared away, there were a series of inane speeches. Some were blessedly short; a few were painful to listen to.

When the music began, Sammy and Penny immediately went to dance.

- "Would you like to?" I asked.

- "Seems like we should." said Janine.

When I led her out onto the dance floor, people stopped moving - they just stared at her. I'm willing to bet that several guys lost their chance to get laid that night because they couldn't control their eyes.

Janine was aware of it - she just ignored it, and draped her arms over my shoulders.

- "If you could be in charge of the music, what would you play?" she asked.

- "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - the Police." I said.

Janine actually laughed. "Good one. And?"

- "Rhiannon. Fleetwood Mac." Her eyes narrowed. "It's about a Welsh witch." I quickly added.

- "Nice ... I'd like to hear it." She leaned closer, pressing her wonderful boobs against me.

- "I can get it for you."

- "More."

- "Black Magic Woman? Santana."

- "Good."

- "Witchy Woman? The Eagles."

- "Mmm-hmm."

- "I Put a Spell on You? Don't know who did that one, though."[1]

Janine laughed again.

Unfortunately, our private - almost intimate - moment was interrupted by Jason Malley, the star of the volleyball team, and BMOC (big man on campus).

I'd been so far beneath the plane he existed on - so far beneath the radar, I guess - that he hadn't spoken a word to me in four years. And he didn't start now.

- "Hey babe." he said, to Janine. "Why don't you ditch this dweeb? You and me would be a better fit. Dont'cha think?"

I didn't get a chance to step in. Janine just glared at him.

- "Are you serious, you pencil-dicked wannabe? I've already taken Pete for a test-drive - and I'm going to buy the car. You, on the other hand ... you probably have a tiny bladder."

And just like that, Jason Malley wet himself, in the middle of the dance floor.

His date was none too impressed. She was now the fourth girl whose Prom date had embarrassed himself by going after Janine.

- "I think we're done here, don't you?" she said.

Sammy was having a good time, and wasn't sure that he wanted to leave yet. Janine just gave him a look, and he fell into line. We said goodnight to Gerry and his boyfriend, and to the Peloso twins, and made our exit.

Sammy was hyper-excited, going on about what a great night this had been.

- "It isn't over." said Janine. "You both need to call your parents, and tell them that you're going to a party. You'll probably be out all night."

- "We will? What party?"

Penny put her hand on his arm. "Just make the call, Sam." she said.

Luckily for me, Bill answered the phone - I wasn't sure how Mom would have reacted. Bill was pretty cool about it when I explained the situation.

- "Okay. Just don't drink and drive. If you have to, call me, and I'll come get you in your mother's car. Better yet, take a taxi, and we'll go get the car tomorrow."

- "Thanks."

- "Have a good time. I'll tell your mother what's up."

Janine passed me a business card. "Here's the address."

- "This is a hotel." I pointed out.

She gave me her patented quarter-smile. Loosely translated, that meant 'No shit, Sherlock.'

When we arrived, Janine instructed Sammy and me to park the car, and then to wait in the lobby. She and Penny went inside the hotel.

- "What's going on?" Sammy asked me. "What kind of party is this?"

- "I have no idea." I admitted. "But why not trust her? She got you a date, and we've had a good time so far, right?"

- "Damn straight! Penny is great - I like her. And seeing Malley wet himself? Priceless. I wish I'd had the balls to take a picture. Better yet, a video!"

By the time we went in, Janine was talking to a clerk at the check-in desk. Penny was beside her. A few moments later, the ladies came to rejoin us.

- "All set?" she asked. "Let's go."

We took the elevator to the fourth floor. As we got out, Janine handed Sammy a pass key. "Here you go. Have a good time."

- "Huh?" Sammy was bewildered.

- "She got us a room." said Penny. "Come on." She took him by the hand, and led him down the hall.

Janine started to follow. My heart was beating incredibly fast. I also seemed to have forgotten how to move my legs and feet.

- "You got them a room?" I said. "You got us a room?"

- "Looks that way." she said, with a smirk. "You coming?"

- "Janine - this hotel is really expensive. You got two rooms?"

- "You can pay me back when you're rich."

I rediscovered my motor skills, and began to follow her.

- "I will. But - what I meant to say was - thank you. That was ... a very nice thing to do for Sammy. And for me."

- "You're very welcome. Don't worry, though - I intend to enjoy myself too. But I wanted you to have a memorable Prom night."

- "I already have. Being with you is always wonderful."

She stopped at the door to our room. Janine raised her hand, to lightly touch my cheek. "You say the nicest things. And I know you're not just trying to get laid. It's very sweet."

I didn't know how to answer that. Janine opened the door, and turned on the lights. It was a very luxurious room, with a king-sized bed and very plush furnishings.

- "There's beer and wine in the little fridge." she said. "Would you pour me a glass? And take whatever you like for yourself."

I did as she asked. Janine had perched on the edge of a thick armchair, and was carefully removing the corsage I'd given her. When I handed her a glass of wine, she raised it.

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,334 Followers