All Comments on 'Just a Little Magic Ch. 04'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
SirColin77SirColin77about 3 years ago

Fantastic stuff as always. He would have eventually had to break her heart, so probably best she ended it early. But I suspect Janine interfered because Peter was veering from the plan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Assumption

I assume someone told michelle that he is a "player". Maybe it was janine, maybe someone else, but I certainly hope that he starts to step up and show some backbone soon.

joshmosejoshmoseabout 3 years ago
Doh!

"Walls up". Is she also a child of the archmage? Good stuff sir.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Favorite series I've ever read!

Love the development and idea of this story. I look forward to what happens to Pete and Janine next!

fafhrd09fafhrd09about 3 years ago
Character Development

The evolution of Janine as a character is very interesting. My suspicion is that Janine felt herself feeling too much for him, and is intentionally distancing herself to minimize the pain even as she prepares him to what will be a painful experience. And I suspect she is the one sabotaging his dating Michelle.

OralLover62OralLover62about 3 years ago

Janine needs to be whipped and taken down a few notches ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
the twist

Love the story and how it is going, just waiting for the plot twist that it is Lillian and Janine that are planning the Witch Coven

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nicely done

OK, you've got us hooked, well done.

Please, hurry up with the next chapter!

TSreaderTSreaderabout 3 years ago

An interesting chapter... I'm looking forward to where you take this. Thank you!

BruceWoBruceWoabout 3 years ago

Slapped across the face with that ending. Great story.

The_PedantThe_Pedantabout 3 years ago
Not sure.

You are a splendid writer, but this is so different from your usual stories that I'm not sure I like it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

While enjoying the story so far, it seems to be a little "magic lite" and falling into the category of another of your relationship stories. You do a great job with the interpersonal relationships, but it feels like you are giving 1)Lillian and his magic lessons as well as his proficiency, 2) Sammy, 3) Mom & Bill...are receiving short shrift in the story and development. Sammy, his best friend in life, is barely mentioned except negatively. As far as his "magic" training, it seems that in this chapter, it isn't about developing his talent or real magic, but he is just learning enough to become a pick-up artist and is barely becoming a one trick pony for one simple reason, to stop his biological father. If that is the only thing he can do or learn, it limits how far or how well the story truly can progress. Just a few observations, and they are my own. That being said, thank you for writing and keep up the good work!

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 3 years ago
Uff

I didn't get the ending, unless Janine called to intimidate Michelle. I indeed thought him romancing her would lead to a LOT of insight into women--despite their backgrounds. I'll even say Janine's become a royal bitch at the end, where she doesn't sound like any kind of female at ALL.

I don't even care for him not studying at least 50% of the time, as it seems he's neglecting too much. When he did return, he got Michelle and went on what should have been a journey he took much sooner. I certainly liked his interlude with Eva, although I thought that might have gone farther.

I must admit I found this chapter more confusing than advancing. Still a 5 due to your superb sentence craftsmanship and varying the length...but this was almost like a metaphor of Pete stumbling along and the chapter stumbling along in the same way. I can't realy put my finger on it.

SirColin77SirColin77about 3 years ago
Re: The Twist

I thought the same thing! I am certainly preparing for things to be not what they seem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Small comment

I love your stories, and I've really liked this one too. For this particular series, I was struck with Michelle's story, especially the ending. It was such a small detail, but I really was looking for some description of her emotion or face when she opens the door, and then when she shuts the door on him. I have no idea why. I got to the end and then I even went back to the last 10 lines, or so, and double checked, you only described the main character's feeling of foreboding, or his struggle. I wanted to see what Michelle was feeling, if only because it ended so abruptly, and there probably won't be a lot of chances to see her again! I guess I kind of liked her...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I am still catching up with this story. However, I already have a hunch and I don't like that feeling. I am afraid that this story will end exactly like your other stories where the main protagonist have a life of many partners, many love, rich experience, but end up being lonely and alone in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Why didn't he read what was in Michelle's mind?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"why didn't he read what was in Michelle's mind?"

because of this:

"For some reason, I couldn't read her - it was as if she had walls up."

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

I'm afraid I'm giving up after six chapters I can't really see where this story is going, too many one stands and I'm all tuckered out

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucitover 1 year ago

Dig the story even though this guy is an idiot/simp. Keep secrets from Fortune teller and mind reading girlfriend monitoring you since birth, sure why not, wait, how did they find out? Save 13 women to include GF/Teacher, nah, this new chic has issues, drop everything, Whew, lot to unpack, but I'll be reading the next chapter so....

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

I’m not I can continue to empathise with our MC for much longer, most (not all) young men of 19 love sex, but not to the exclusion of any personal freedom or as a reward scheme. He needs to keep an eye on the long term “prize” but at the same time needs to have the experiences that build character for later life, he also needs to grow some balls.

TEXASMADDOGTEXASMADDOG9 months ago

Yeah, Michelle had 'a wall up, or something'...this was a really strange turn of events; I am not sure what to think about how she, out of left field, cut off the relationship. It was going really well; Janine confronts Pete, and, KABOOM, blown out of the water, just like that. I really do not want to picture Janine in a terrible light, considering the whole plot future...will see where you take this in the next chapter(s)...

Sammy...he DOES NEED more involvement, as Pete's best friend...part of the act, along with Janine...something 'distracting' also!!

Another Five Star chapter!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I'm starting to trust Janine less and less as time goes on. I suspect she has meddled with Michelle and Pete in some way or someone in her family has "talent" and doesn't want her to keep seeing Pete. I'm intrigued but also annoyed. You can't just dangle a cute virgin in front of our faces then take her away. It ain't right!

MarkT63MarkT634 months ago

A little slow...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES