All Comments on 'Just a Little Magic Ch. 08'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
BruceWoBruceWoabout 3 years ago

Your best story to date. And with a cliffhanger too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wow!

What a twist at the end, you caught me napping on that one, I didn’t have the faintest idea that Sophie was going to be that important to the story. Good job as always.

Thank you for your efforts. KS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That ending made my night. This series so far has been incredible, and I look forward to seeing where it goes. ^-^

cliqueggecliqueggeabout 3 years ago

Good twist - loving this storyline

FumblingGazeFumblingGazeabout 3 years ago

Loved it as always. Sophie is so well written she really does feel like a whole person coming off the page.

brireaderbrireaderabout 3 years ago

Amazing twist to the end. This story is amazing, please keep it going!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Waited ages for this. Won't rush to read the next chapter

TomSavageIsFakeTomSavageIsFakeabout 3 years ago

So Peter is finally in a relationship they won't want to destroy, if you can trust them. He needs to learn everything they know though, and end that power imbalance. And we haven't really seen any mind control happening in this story.

mithanialmithanialabout 3 years ago

HA finally one that they won't sabotage!

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 3 years ago

Quite magical with Janine and it's so wonderful to read how nothing felt forced nor rushed. Interestingly enough her relationship with Pete appears to criticize the earlier one-night stands Janine pushed for. I don't know what's more interesting: Lillian approving of Sophie or Sophie being "13" on the list--when 13 is usually incredibly unlucky. Of course, there's Janine squirming each time Lillian "approves" of Pete loving Sophie. Unfortunately, you'll have to walk a tightrope with her and Pete, since I don't see how that's not going to be incredibly awkward to have Pete in a "serious" relationship with Sophie but having to "impregnate and win over" the other 12.

Wonderful chapter, worth the wait (although I was wondering why it seemed quite delayed). Hands-down 5 on how you directed its development.

MrOuchMrOuchabout 3 years ago

I still think he's being played by Lillian and Janine. Something about them doesn't feel right. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Great story!!

penguinacepenguinaceabout 3 years ago

Did not see that coming. Great story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Epic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great chapter again. Thank you. Can't wait for the next chapter to come out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This chapter's ending surprised me. I did not see it coming, at all. This story is so much fun. Thanks a ton for publishing it. It's just delightful.

RockyHorror_33RockyHorror_33about 3 years ago

That was a wonderful twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Damn, didn’t see that one coming. I thought maybe after he turned down Janine a few times, they were suspicious so they followed him. This adds a whole new dimension, if it is true. I put nothing past those 2 and they seemed untrustworthy from the start to me. You continue to make this story incredible. The characters, the emotions, and even the backstories are well thought out and interesting. The fact that Sophie went through that kind of turmoil with her parents acting out over their divorce and yet she turned out so well. She did mention she worked on herself so I am sure that helped since that kind of childhood trauma can deeply fuck someone up. I still await the answer to why his other girlfriends dumped him. No matter what, you have to give out that information in a chapter before you end this or I will go insane.

Thanks for everything you put into making this story so great.

J.D.

SweboSweboabout 3 years ago

Ooh. Nice twist.

I'm enjoying this quite a bit, especially how you're trying to do "mind control" (or, at least, mind-control adjacent) but in a way that isn't inherently creepy. Great work (as usual).

TSreaderTSreaderabout 3 years ago

A very yummy chapter! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Strange ending to this chapter. I was expecting Lillian/Janine to screw up his relationship, again! I'm hoping that he stops being such a wimp with Janine. You've made it pretty obvious that she's just using him to save her own life, and that neither Lillian nor Janine rather give a damn about the other women.

anonintexas1999anonintexas1999almost 3 years ago

Ooooo.

Nice cliffhanger

SadisimoSadisimoover 2 years ago

What a great Story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pete would totally "get" this, and that is why I care about what happens to him and what he does next:

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER – by Erma Bombeck

(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

"I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren’t there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the ‘good’ living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn’t show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, ‘Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.’ There would have been more ‘I love you’s’ More ‘I’m sorry’s.’

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute, look at it and really see it .. live it and never give it back. STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!!

Don’t worry about who doesn’t like you, who has more, or who’s doing what Instead, let’s cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice twist! I was waiting for the inevitable heel turn from Sophie probably after some manipulation from Janine or Lilliane (though I don't yet know if that guess is right.) Anyway I love your wting. I can't get enough. Gamers and then D&D and now this. I'm just mowing through your catalog. Thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm really enjoying the story but I keep waiting for the 'mind control' element.

Pretty sure you have ESP (extra sensory perception) or Telepathy confused. Mind control is, well, controlling SOMEONE ELSE'S mind. Making them do things they wouldn't do otherwise...

Anyway, great story. I really am enjoying it. But, unless something changes... We've had 8 chapters and not a single moment I would say qualifies as mind control.

TEXASMADDOGTEXASMADDOG9 months ago

Aaaaaah...hhhhaaaa...!!!!!! Finally, we meet ONE of the other 12...Lillian is so TOTALLY blown away...and Janine...what?? Janine's only response is a repeated "Shit!!!"???? This is really a bizarre tale...yet, here I am following it, SSSOOO closely!!!!

I am loving this...just when I am getting really irritated...thinking nothing but I'll is coming on...you surprise me/us!!! Such a turn of events...and JUST WHEN YOU WERE NEEDING TO REINFORCE your readers!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS LAST PAGE!!

I am now going to Chapter 9, realizing you are giving us what we come here to read...a story worth reading!!

Now, I can honestly say...Yyyaaayyy, you get Five**5**Stars, and deserve SSSOOO much more...🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠💯

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMind8 months ago

I've decided. Janine is a promiscuous, hypocritical, self centred bitch. Not a fan. I understand the mission is probably important but can't they recruit anyone else to help?

dgfergiedgfergie7 months ago

I'm following the story but waiting for a bit of action?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ooo the plot thickens!

All the condom mentions are a real turn-off. Is the author concerned that his characters are going to get pregnant or catch something? You know it's easy to say they're on the pill and let us just assume they're clean. You can be more cautious IRL, but for a story, best to avoid the rubbers for your sex scenes.

"For the moment, I was only hoping that I wouldn't screw up this relationship, the way I had with Michelle and Danielle." Tell me exactly how *he* screwed them up? He didn't even do anything nor did he mention anything at the time or since then, other than sometimes wonder about them. So what exactly is he thinking when talking about screwing them up? That line made no sense.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Going to drop this before I am disappointed even more. Janine was a major letdown and it is weird that a teenager was so promiscuous and knowledgeable about sexual activities. Also your constant portrayal of the Mc as a loser is simply unappealing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES