Just a Little Magic Ch. 09

Story Info
The List.
8.2k words
4.77
42.7k
40

Part 9 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 02/25/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,334 Followers

"She's what?"

"She's one of the 13. You know: the 13 women you have to save."

I was suddenly glad that I was sitting down; my knees wobbled. Oh my God. The list. All this time it had been nothing more than a concept to me, a remote, distant idea - like a kid in Grade 1 being told which high school they would eventually go to.

Sophie was on the list?

"We narrowly avoided a disaster, Pete." said Lillian.

"What kind of disaster?"

"Well ... the kind doesn't matter. That's not what's important. But it's absolutely vital that you not keep secrets from us. Do you understand?"

I didn't. "Well ... it's just that ..."

"Just what?" said Lillian. "No more secrets."

"Sorry. It's just that Janine ... well, generally she hasn't liked me having a girlfriend. She didn't like Michelle, or Danielle. And Danielle didn't like her. I still don't know what happened, but ... I didn't want to cause any trouble."

Lillian shot her daughter a look. Janine rolled her eyes, but then her expression changed. She knelt on the floor in front of the couch and put a hand on my knee.

"Pete, I only want what's best for you. You're going to save my life - mine and 12 other women's."

"We're a team." said Lillian. "No more secrets. No more surprises. Okay, Pete?"

Sophie was one of the 13?

"Okay." I said.

"Good." said Lillian. "So - tell us about your girlfriend ... how did you meet?"

I did most of the talking for the next half hour. Lillian and Janine wanted to know everything.

I didn't have any problems with telling them about the pool party. But I was reluctant to talk about our first real date - the 12 hour marathon that took us to High Park, after Dim Sum, and before drinks and dinner. For some reason, that felt private - something that belonged to Sophie and me alone. I was not going to describe our first kiss.

There didn't seem to be anything wrong with telling them the basic facts: that Sophie had an exciting new job as a lab technician, and that she was committed to living in Montreal for the near future ... that her father was there, while her mother lived here.

"You've ... been intimate?" said Lillian.

"Yes." I wasn't about to go into detail, but there didn't seem to be any reason not to admit it. 'No secrets' wasn't quite the same as revealing that Sophie was the most exciting, most wonderful woman I'd ever met.

"How was she?" asked Janine.

I just blushed. There was no right way to answer that question.

Janine had been the star - no, let's be honest - the center of the entire firmament of my fantasies and sexual experience from the moment I turned 18, when she knocked on my door. She'd been my obsession, the focus of my constant lust.

I'd wanted to please her, to impress her, to earn even the slightest nod of approval.

Sophie, though ... I wanted to please her, but also to comfort and protect her - most of all, to see her smile (ideally, because of something I'd done). There was lust, too. But if I was going to be totally honest, she gave me a warm feeling, which I wanted to return in full measure.

"Janine." said Lillian. That was the closest to a reprimand I'd ever heard between Lillian and her daughter.

Something told me, though, that it was dangerous to leave this question hanging there unanswered. I looked at Janine, and then lowered my eyes.

"It's, ah ... it's good. I mean, there's nobody like you ... but ... yeah - it's good."

Janine smiled. That was all she wanted to know. Her throne was secure.

* * * * *

We did a short U.S. tour: Detroit and Toledo (Ohio), Gary (Indiana) and Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison, Minneapolis and Duluth. The venues were mostly small, and I wasn't sure that we were making all that much money, but Janine assured me that it was a good idea.

On the brighter side, she wasn't bothering me to go out with groupies. Meanwhile, Sammy and I were both missing our girlfriends, so we were able to commiserate with each other. I just couldn't tell Sammy that Sophie was on the list - or mention the list at all.

"Did you ever think that we'd be in Duluth, Minnesota together?" I asked him. "Or Gary, Indiana?"

"I didn't know there was a Gary Indiana."

"C'mon, Sammy. It's just down the road from South Bend. Notre Dame."

"Yeah, yeah. But we're not here for college football."

He was right about that. Janine and I were trying out new material, new approaches. We'd been invited for a second appearance on Penn and Teller - we needed another crowd-pleasing routine.

But we were back in Toronto at the beginning of October, which left me free to join Sophie and her mother for Thanksgiving. She must have been watching for my car, because she immediately came out to greet me with a kiss and a big hug.

"You're so beautiful." I told her. "Even more beautiful than I remembered."

"I missed you, too." she said.

It was so strange: Sophie was so real, so warm and alive, in my arms. But in the back of my mind was the utterly bizarre realization that I had to save her from being raped, impregnated and murdered by my own father - and that to do so, I had to impregnate her myself. It just didn't make sense.

The future was too strange, too daunting. I took refuge in the immediate present.

"Any last-minute instructions for dealing with your Mother?"

"She's a little uptight." Sophie warned me. "And her partner is ... difficult. But Mom will like you. And my Aunt Anna is pretty cool. She'll like you, too."

"As long as you like me." I said.

Sophie smiled at me - her classic smile, which showed no teeth, but revealed every one of the dozen best dimples on her face. Then she kissed me again.

"You'll be fine."

Sophie hadn't gotten her looks - or her personality - from her mother. Her Mom was ... brittle, for lack of a better word. A fragile personality, in need of constant support and reassurance.

Her Mom's boyfriend introduced himself as 'Sophie's stepdad', while trying to crush my fingers. He was just ... creepy. Patronizing and creepy.

Aunt Anna, on the other hand, was a treat.

"So pleased to meet you, Pete. Sophie talks about you all the time. I saw the video of the night you met - that pool party. Then I had to go back and watch your appearance on Penn and Teller. Wow! What a great show!"

Aunt Anna was Sophie's Mom's sister, but she looked more like Sophie: dark hair, dimples, and cleavage.

"That's very kind of you to say, Aunt Anna." I said. "I'm very pleased to meet you, too. Sophie didn't provide a lot of details, but I know that she's very fond of you - and that you've been very important in her life."

Aunt Anna smiled, showing her own collection of dimples. "I've tried to keep in touch with her. It hasn't always been easy. My sister doesn't always approve of my ... lifestyle."

"Oh?" Sophie hadn't told me anything about a split between her mother and her aunt.

"Sophie didn't tell you?"

"Umm ... no."

"Let's just say that while my sister went to university for her MRS, I got myself a job."

"MRS? I'm sorry - what type of degree is that?"

Aunt Anna grinned. "It's not. MRS - Mrs. She went to university to meet her future husband. She succeeded. She got married. They had Sophie - the only bright spot of that unholy union - then they divorced."

"Here's a tip for you: if Sophie ever wants to introduce you to her father, just say that you're busy. Or sick."

Family drama. The odd thing, though, was that Sophie loved her Aunt. Anna had been there for her throughout her childhood and teen years. I wasn't at all impressed by Sophie's Mom - and her stepdad was repulsive. Aunt Anna seemed like the sane one of the family.

"What type of job did you get?" I asked.

"I answered the phone at a rape crisis centre." she said. "Then I gravitated to suicide prevention."

"That must be ..."

"Too difficult. Painful. I changed career paths. Now I'm a psychic."

I didn't know what to say. A psychic?

Sophie appeared at my elbow.

"It's true." she said. "Aunt Anna helps people."

"You mean ... like ... seances?"

Both Anna and Sophie laughed.

"No! Anna helps people find things. She gives people advice, too. Whether to buy a car, or a house. You know what's amazing, Pete? She's almost never wrong."

"Oh, Sweetie ..." said her Aunt.

"No, really. It's incredible how often you're right."

I had a great meal with Sophie's family. I probably had two more beers than I should have, and a couple of shots of ouzo. Sophie sat next to me, and her hand was on my thigh through most of dinner.

Afterwards, I volunteered to help clear the dishes.

"Isn't that nice?" said Sophie's Mom, who'd apparently had more to drink than I had. Her boyfriend looked at me as if he was wondering about my sexual orientation.

"I'll do the dishes, if Pete helps me." said Aunt Anna.

"I can help." said Sophie.

"We've got this." said Anna. "You spend some time with your Mom." From the tone of her voice, I guessed that that was more of a command than a suggestion.

I carried all of the dishes into the kitchen, where Anna began washing. She directed me to various Tupperware containers so that I could salvage the leftovers.

"Sophie really seems to like you." said Anna.

I swallowed, and took a deep breath.

"I sure hope so."

"Oh, she does. And how do you feel about her?"

There it was.

"Anna, I love your niece. I've never met anyone like her. She makes me so happy ... that's all I want to do - make her happy."

Aunt Anna smiled at me.

"Well, you're doing fairly well so far."

* * * * *

We did a couple of fair-sized shows in November. I was more than a little surprised when after one of them, I saw a familiar face among the fans who stayed around after the show. There were the autograph hounds, the magic nerds, and a couple of wanna-be groupies and ...

"Aunt Anna?"

She laughed. "Just plain Anna, to you. Pete, this is my best friend, Eileen."

"Pleased to meet you."

"Great show." said Eileen.

"It really was." agreed Anna. "Hey - why don't you talk to your other fans, here? We can wait."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. You go ahead."

Anna and her friend waited until I'd signed a few autographs, answered some questions, and turned down a rather straightforward offer from a petite brunette.

"Does that happen often?" asked Eileen, when the little brunette had gone.

"Umm ... sometimes."

"Don't embarrass him, Eileen." said Sophie's aunt. "Listen, Pete, we were hoping that you were free to join us for a drink, or a light meal. Whichever you'd prefer."

"I could go for something to eat." I said. Turning down Sophie's Aunt didn't seem like a good idea. And I was hungry.

"Oh - do you think we could meet your partner?" asked Eileen. "She's amazing."

I glanced over at Janine, who was talking to the last of her own set of fans and admirers.

"Sure." I brought them over, and made the introductions.

"You were fantastic!" said Eileen. "I love that outfit. Do you read minds, too?"

"No - that's Pete talent." said Janine.

"Come on - you're just as much a magician as he is."

"That's nice of you to say."

Anna and Eileen took me out to a late-night eatery. Eileen turned out to be something of a magic nerd herself; she must have had a dozen questions about our performances. She also wanted to hear the story of how Sophie and I had met - 'firsthand' as she put it.

Aunt Anna insisted on picking up the bill. The two ladies thanked me for spending time with them.

"It was my pleasure." I said. "Thank you both."

It wasn't until much later that I realized that Eileen had carried most of the conversation. She'd done almost all of the talking from their side of the table. In fact, Aunt Anna had been completely silent for long periods of time.

That was when it struck me that Anna hadn't said a word to Janine, either.

* * * * *

Sophie came to Toronto for her Christmas holidays. She spent Christmas Eve with her mother, but joined my family for Christmas dinner.

"Oh my goodness!" said my Mom. "You're so pretty! Peter - she's so pretty!"

"I'm not blind, Mom."

Sophie smiled. "Thank you, Mrs. Grey. And thank you for inviting me."

Mom and Bill were both very impressed. They'd been stunned when they first met Janine - Bill had spent most of the time with his mouth open. Mom couldn't believe that a girl as hot as Janine would be with me (unless I was selling drugs, or something like that).

Danielle had been more believable. She was more 'my type' as far as Mom was concerned. Bill wasn't going to object, either, once he'd seen her bust.

With Sophie, though, it was different. They saw how attractive she was, but they were won over by her warmth and kindness. She asked them questions about themselves, and listened attentively to the answers.

It only took an hour for her to win them over completely.

It was my mother who suggested that Sophie had to stay over, because she'd had a couple of glasses of wine.

"You shouldn't be driving. It wouldn't be safe. Besides, the police will be out in force."

"If you're sure it won't cause you any trouble ..." said Sophie.

"It won't be any trouble at all. I insist." said Mom. "Bill - pour Sophie another glass of wine, before she changes her mind."

That was how it came to pass that I shared my old bed - in my old room - with my incredible girlfriend. Mom hadn't changed a thing; she probably thought that I'd be moving back home when my career as a magician tanked.

Sophie loved my old room.

"Wow - this bed must've seen some action." she said.

I shook my head.

"None."

"Really?"

"Zero." Unless she wanted to count my masturbatory exploits - in which case the number would be in the thousands.

Sophie came closer, and pressed her beautiful body against mine.

"Let's change that." she said.

Sophie created a host of new memories for me to associate with my old room. My first blowjob there, first 69, first missionary, doggie, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, spoon fashion ...

"I can't believe ... how lucky I am." I managed to gasp, after out 3rd coupling.

"I'm feeling pretty lucky myself." she said.

* * * * *

Sophie made that entire holiday season memorable for me. We double dated with Sammy and Trish, and met Aunt Anna for coffee and cakes.

She also met Janine and Lillian, when my Mom had them over for dinner.

I'll admit that I was on pins and needles for most of the evening. Lillian was near-perfect - but it wasn't her that I was worried about.

There were no scenes, no explosions. By the time we got to the coffee, I was beginning to relax a bit, and to breathe normally.

Just before they left, Lillian hugged me, and whispered 'Good job'. Janine hugged me, too, and kissed my cheek.

Later on, Sophie joined me on my old bed, in my old bed (Mom had insisted that she stay over again).

"So ... what did you think of Lillian and Janine?" I asked.

Sophie rolled onto her stomach, and looked me in the eye.

"I'm sorry, Pete. Lillian was okay. And I know that Janine is your partner. I just ... I didn't care for her all that much. I don't want to double date with her, or anything like that, if that's what you're asking."

"Did she ... do something? Or say something?"

"No ... it's just ..."

I turned and put my arm around her.

"It's okay. You don't have to be friends with her."

"We're just different. Oil and water, you know?"

I kissed Sophie. She responded, and we soon began to work on creating some more new memories for my old room.

* * * * *

Sophie had to go back to her job. I had to meet with Lillian and Janine.

"We have two years, Pete." said Lillian. "Two years for you to meet and seduce 12 women."

"Eleven."

"Yes - but you can't neglect Sophie in all of this."

"I won't." That was the only thing I was sure of.

"Time to get serious." said Janine.

Lillian handed me the first of a series of papers.

"We'll arrange your schedule so that you can meet the women, and so that you go back to see them again. But that same schedule will also be the explanation for why you can't see them regularly."

"You'll perform a show in their hometown - or close enough. Janine and I will make sure that the target attends your show, so that you can meet her."

"The target?" Was that what they were?

Lillian quickly corrected herself. "The woman in question." she said.

"And how can you be sure that she'll come to the show?"

"Free tickets." said Janine. "A friend who'll invite her. Let us worry about it."

"Then Janine will select her as a volunteer." continued Lillian. "Once she's on stage, you can get a better idea of how to approach her. Plus you'll have that connection to begin with."

"What if she's really shy?" I asked.

"What?"

I was thinking of women I knew. Sophie wasn't shy, but Danielle would have needed some persuasion to get her up on stage. Michelle would have been paralyzed.

"If you drag an unwilling volunteer up on stage, it won't be a positive experience."

Lillian looked thoughtful. "He has a point."

"But if we don't bring them on stage, how is Pete supposed to meet them?" said Janine.

For some reason, I thought of Danielle. Specifically, how I'd run into her at Sick Kids' Hospital after she'd been to one of our shows.

"Serendipity." I said. It was one of my favourite words, mostly because both Danielle and Sophie had used it to describe our first meetings.

Lillian and Janine allowed me to explain it to them. Janine looked sceptical, but Lillian was immediately won over.

"That's brilliant!" she said. "It'll make it seem like fate - or destiny!"

The three of us began to suggest ways that I could meet the women the day after a show. Chance encounters, in unexpected places, strange coincidences ...

After we'd brainstormed a whole slew of possibilities (some clever, some crazy), Lillian brought us back to business.

"You may not be able to 'seal the deal' right away." she warned. "Some of these women are ... well, let's call them 'good girls'. They may require a little more work."

"You may need to take them out a few times. We can set up 'breaks'' in your schedule here and there, so that you can spend more time in certain locations, if and when we think it's necessary."

"That means communication, Pete. No secrets, remember? You need to tell Janine exactly how you're doing with each ... woman in question. That way, we can help when you need it."

Lillian handed me another sheet of paper.

"It's time you saw what we're dealing with."

1. BREANNA Atlanta, Georgia January 9, 2001 January 14, 2028

2. ELODIE Brugges, Belgium February 8 February 13

3. VICKY Singapore March 9 March 13

4. SOPHIE Montreal, Quebec April 7 April 12

5. IRENE Limassol, Cyprus May 7 May 11

6. SANDRA Taipei (Taiwan) June 5 June 10

7. ASHLEY Chicago, Illinois July 5 July 9

8. MIRELLA Sao Paulo, Brazil August 4 August 8

9. KAVIA Vadodara, Gujarat September 2 September 6

10. ESTHER Johannesburg, S.A. October 2 October 6

11. TAMARA Tampa, Florida November 1 November 5

12. RI Osaka, Japan November 30 December 1

13. JANINE Toronto, Ontario December 30 December 31

Just like that ... it was suddenly real.

Up until now - even with the discussion of how I'd meet these women - it still seemed like a hypothetical exercise, some kind of simulation a college professor could create. It was always years away, more fantasy than reality.

But here it was. There was Sophie's name. And Janine's. There were the dates. The first were their birthdays - April 7th for Sophie, December 30th for Janine - I knew those two well.

And that final column. Janine was going to be raped and impregnated the day after her 27th birthday.

"Are you okay, Pete?" asked Lillian.

I must have been staring at the sheet of paper. I'd clearly lost track of time.

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,334 Followers