All Comments on 'Just a Little Magic Ch. 09'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
EridonEridonabout 3 years ago

Yeah...I'm starting to think it isn't the Father trying to create a coven of witches, but rather Lillian and Janine. Could be my paranoia though.

TomSavageIsFakeTomSavageIsFakeabout 3 years ago

This story has become very sad. It started to feel that it was trending that way for a few chapters when I wondered if Lillian and Janine were using Peter to set up the moon child situation as someone suggested and there's the dupe story tag. But I almost see Peter as a real person and there's just no fun sexy joy in forcing himself to have sex with these women and hurting Sophie and Sammy. I really hope Peter can resolve all these issues. This story is so well crafted;

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Two days in a row. I’m going to get spoiled! Excellent as always.

FumblingGazeFumblingGazeabout 3 years ago

@Eridon I fully agree, just think of what Sammy would say if Pete talked to him about it. Sammy doesn't have the same blind spot for the weird coincidences and manipulations.

BruceWoBruceWoabout 3 years ago

Sophie >>>>>> Janine. Kinder, more suited, genuine and better romantic fit.

Janine has become a selfish pratt. The rules of decent don’t apply to her anymore.

In fact prefer Peter look protect Lilian before Janine.

#TeamSophie

I hope that chapters 10-12 change my opinion.

Irreverent1Irreverent1about 3 years ago

Oh yeah, it’s definitely Lillian and Janine attempting to do evil or not good things and not Peter’s father. That’s becoming more and more apparent. Janine is just waaaaaaay too cavalier in her attitude towards a guy willing to give up his life to save hers. Just no way she shouldn’t be acting extremely grateful.

The biggest tell, however, should be the fact that they want him to impregnate all 13 women. In order to “ruin his father’s plan” it should only take impregnating a few of the women and the plan is destroyed. If they say his father can just pick others to replace those women then it’s all bullshit because he could do the same with the rest of the other 13 also. Peter has never spoken to his father so he can only rely on what Lillian and Janine tell him about his father plus some cursory thoughts he picked up from his mother when he was first starting out and unable to do a deep dive nor attempted another reading since. I, also find that’s it’s some serious bullshit that there isn’t some governing council of magic of some kind. There’s no way there’d be no supervision whatsoever of beings with that much power and/or ability. Just no way. It would be begging for war after war of unchecked powerful beings that you couldn’t possibly hope to keep from the public. Nope, not buying it. And before someone says “they would have enough power to alter peoples memories” THAT’S exactly who other magicians would be fighting OR proves the existence of some form of council, either formal or informal. Peter needs to examine the NATURE of illusion and not only how to perform real magic. That should cause him to examine what he’s being told.

One last thing, has anyone noticed how terribly weak Peter is at magic? His father is supposedly this mighty supreme wizard and all Peter can do is what amounts to card tricks and some cursory mind reading?!?!! Seriously?!! In all lore (fan fiction and mythological) this is all beginner level stuff. Like cantrip level. Just half as powerful as they claim Peter’s father is Peter should be able to glance through peoples minds in an instant and control multiple people simultaneously without strain. Peter shouldn’t have to lie to anyone, simply force his will upon anyone. He seems like he’d completely hate it but he’d have that power. And seduce women??? MFer PLEASE! “Kneel” is all it would take! Now, I’m advocating NONE of this but simply pointing out what, according to who Peter is and who they say he is the son of these abilities would be the merest portion of his total power. Tip of the iceberg. And yet he’s, have to be honest, rather pathetic. I get that all of it may come out later but right now this how it appears to me. This isn’t criticism. Really like this story.

User316User316about 3 years ago

I like the suspense. It sounds like the hero is being manipulated. Here's hoping that, with help, he can turn the tables.

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 3 years ago

What a variety of women and you will have your hands full directing all that traffic to the "exits" you wish them all to take--in a credible fashion, too!

I love the interlude with Anna and I felt his great reservation at having to partly lie to Sophie. I thought it felt rather charming how he came on to Ashley and then Breana (I love the fact she's black, by the way). He certainly was witty with her and more charming with Ashley than she was used to.

You normally juggle many characters, but this might be your biggest challenge yet. So far, it's pretty flawless and quite believable. 5

mithanialmithanialabout 3 years ago

So I have to wonder when he will realize that the entire story is BS and he is the one thst needs to impregnate these women for Janine and Lillians master plan to come through? The question is at this stage whether it is to his benefit or not. I'm fairly sure there is no archmagi watching in the wings to swoop in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Love the whole series. But it's no longer an 8 part series. Time to amend the description and classification!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

His partners in the Magic business come across as being the perpetrators of the Outcome they are apparently trying to avoid.

I suspect their Bona Fides, and expect a massive betrail as a twist in the Plot.

SirColin77SirColin77about 3 years ago

Loving it, but still can’t shake the feeling that Lillian and Janine are up to no good. Maybe they are the ones wanting to create the coven.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I couldn’t be happier with the story. Each chapter is a really good separate type of story yet it still moves you forward to see the big picture. I get that Pete wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to relationships and many other things but I would have major doubts about this entire save the women thing and it wouldn’t just be when they first met but it would be constantly bothering me. Aside from the fact that every time Pete has ended up with a girlfriend, somehow and without explanation she dumps him. A huge red flag is that if his mentors were witches or whatever they claim to be and they know the date of the rape, why couldn’t they do anything about it? I also would find a red flag when Janine is the last name on the list and it seems to happen on or about the New Year. All these things add to the story since they make me wonder what it factual and what is a lie. It also keeps me looking at every possible angle to see what might be going on. Surprisingly enough, I tend to think Sammy is too good to be true which was a strange thought for me but then in a story like this, anything is possible I suppose. Thanks again for making this so thought provoking and enjoyable on many levels since it is a rare treat to be able to dive so deep into a story while still having fun reading it.

J.D.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Haha Eridon, I had the same thought, but he does not necessarily have to impregnate the women on full moon to thwart his father's plans.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFabout 3 years ago

Other readers have raised the idea that Lillian and Janine are the actual bad guys. I hadn't given that theory much credence before, but I recently started to re-read Great Expectations, and I see a lot of very close parallels in the characters.

Lillian = Miss Havisham

Janine = Estella

Peter = Pip

For those unfamiliar with Great Expectations, Miss Havisham raises the uniquely beautiful Estella to be heartless and serve as the vicarious instrument of her revenge against men for having been jilted at the altar.

That plot sounds very familiar to me now.

ElectricBadgerElectricBadgerabout 3 years ago

Oh yeah, knew Lillian was evil from the moment she demanded to hypnotize P for vague reasons. Curious how much Janine is involved v a victim.

KJay15KJay15about 3 years ago

His head keeps hurting when he thinks about things to do with the mission, like if he tries to make sense of it, Lillian called the girls "targets", if this isn't a lie so the women can have control of a coven ill be amazed

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Haven't read further yet...but you have been foreshadowing the heck out a coming betrayal by Janine and her mother. At this point is is rather obvious that the father figure is not a bad guy because he has been utterly irrelevant to the story line. It is also obvious that the Janine's mother Lillian is the wicked witch of the west behind the scenes who has an entire hidden agenda. From about chapter 2 it is also obvious that the 13 witches are to be a full moon coven to gain some kind of supernatural power for the Mother.

That is my best guess now...and will be looking forward to the final denouement. Great writing...but frankly I feel that you are trying to shoehorn too many encounters in too short a story using this world tour. Each of these would normally deserve its own chapter...but you simply have too much to cover here in too short a time.

Still fun if getting rather too complex...for good action.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He’s going to father 13 children… and pay for them how?

cleareyedguycleareyedguyover 1 year ago

Wow. A lot of random quibbles for a free online story. It’s a sci fi end-of-world scenario, and we’re worried about child support? The magic beauty, Janine, who has been presented as a bit sluttish, pansexual, and interested in being admired throughout this entire story, is willing to sleep with a gal in order to save her own life, and a reader objects because she somehow “BELONGS ONLY to Pete”? Have we been reading the same story? And others want to guess what’s going to happen, presumably in an effort to show off +/- spoil the set-up for others? The one thing that has been foretold long ago is that this author would be writing much the same way that he did in the first chapter—if readers don’t like it, there are a gazillion others to read. For the sort of writing he does, this author is really terrific. Why hassle him?

TEXASMADDOGTEXASMADDOG9 months ago

I am still enjoying the series...it has expanded quite nicely with the addition of the "women-in-question" and their individual circumstances. There is a HAREM building here...JUST...

I have to agree with "servant111" and the fore-shadowing of the need to save and impregnate all 13 women; I have the same issues, and was going to post them, but was beaten to the punch...STILL...

"WICKED FATHER" HAS BEEN absent, not even a real/partial appearance...and Lillian has that 'thing' about her...I have come to see her as the real issue as far as building a coven for herself.

Pete is gonna have to open his eyes, and MIND, to see how he is being used...while keeping his affection for Sophie, AND 'saving' the women...Janine included...

Janine...is she blinded by her mother...as in 'magically', to be 'freed' by Pete in a later chapter?? Very mysterious...

Five**5**Stars!!✨✨✨✨✨🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️🌪️

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

It's a fake world why the heck are condoms in it. So there aren't fake babies and fake stds? You're gonna cuck us aren't you. Loved the worrying in the beginning but can see this going down hill over and over with little fixing here and there to see right through while you giggle knowing what you're doing. You're fucking us in front of a great story to make it less great making us want more and Wont give it. The little feelings getting deep and the passions while he beefs to focus on the end isn't helping. He keeps forgetting he agreed to save 13 plus 13 and one he absolutely would have gotten with and stayed with if given that chance but won't and in the end no one will be happy. He should have just said no I'm sorry this is going to happen to you bye. And cried about it for the next 10 years and did fix own thing. Now he's got to worry about the lives of 40 or more women and men and their families and their kids.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

"Pete, I only want what's best for you. You're going to save my life - mine and 12 other women's."

"We're a team." said Lillian. "No more secrets. No more surprises. Okay, Pete?"

No you don't care about me like I want you to

Yes I do Pete I just can because you need to be committed to saving those other women. Too. Not just me

Well I could just make you pregnant right now and you'd be off the list. I could ask Sophia for kids and she'd be off the list and we all could live happily ever after and you could leave me alone because I've loved you this whole time and you never loved me back

Yes I have Pete I just couldn't bare it if the others died and had you to myself and be the only one safe.

Is it ever about me or is just about what you two want? It's never been about me and never will be. When you get what you want I'll just be the dad to 13 kids while 13 females will hate me forever for doing so. I'll have no one and I'll just be a great magician which you wanted me to be and I never really did.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

Nah nah nah. If Lillian is like this with her daughter then the others mothers and aunts and family could and would also have magic and some could be future seers and mind readers and know exactly what's going on and may think Pete is the one that rapes and kills their daughters. Also pregnancy obviously doesn't work like this. Almost impossible to line up when conceived to when delivered. Not many are perfectly exact how you'd want it let alone 13 times perfect. Maybe with magic but really he could just go and knock up these women before hand and stopping it from happening or impregnate them before so they can't be rapes on the day they were going to. There are so many if thens that it starts affecting the story even if it is fake. Too man dues ex going on for the fun of it. Really making a good read turn into not a good read if you have half a brain.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

He's going to support 13 kids with magic obviously. But yea the dad probably wouldn't have even known about the list until Lillian created it so she created the future which then put her daughter at risk just by viewing the future. Obviously you can change the future and they've done it a little but she's completely changed it and the father is prob not the bad guy and Lillian is the one killing all the women in the end

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES