All Comments on 'Just Another Day'

by Maonaigh

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
Dino3434Dino3434over 2 years ago

Another great story in a very enjoyable series. Love the Hammered series.

lovemyroselovemyroseover 2 years ago

Love these PI stories. Wish there was a category just for them. Thanks for the work.

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticover 2 years ago

This story is for hammered? You nailed it!

The only flaw is the tough Malone almost losing his dinner over a harmless BDSM scene. A kinkster getting a hardon from being whipped is preferable to upstanding businessmen trading virgins for a profit. At least Sam put a dent into this business model.

No sex was needed to make this story great fun to read. And if we want, we can imagine what Cara will do to Sam next, unprotected, without a hat ...

stroudlestroudleover 2 years ago

Blumin marvellous Maonaigh, blumin marvellous. The atmosphere you created was brilliantly done , I could almost taste the Scotch , it's ok its well after 11am here.

I love how you had Sam meet with Lyle and then go into how they came to that point . You created great characters and plot with twists and turns . How you had Cara involved in the story by Sam saying to himself that she be disapproving was a very nice touch and having her make a physical appearance at the end was great .

A classic in the making this one, a stonkingly good story crafted with care and expertise. Oh I loved it by the way, five stars all day long and more if I could.

Thank you Maonaigh. Jc

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 2 years ago

Absolutely wonderful! I could feel the grit of the mean streets. Great story 👍

Lector77Lector77over 2 years ago

Excellent!

Thanks for writing it.

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
GOOD GUYS AS P.I.s DOING THEIR GIG

and sometimes the bad guys get caught, but not all of them ever.. TK U MLJ LV NV

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 2 years ago

Outstanding! The hard boiled private dick with a heart of gold. The double-crossing dame. The tough guys that go down with one punch. This story had it all. Even the Daily Bugle calls it "a very enjoyable five-star read."

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleover 2 years ago

Really, really well done. Mucky Spleen would be proud! (Five points for anyone that knows who came up with the "Mucky Spleen" pun--hint: it was a swampy cartoonist a long, long time ago.)

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

Brilliant!

Any more atmosphere and we'd drown just reading it.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 2 years ago
Brilliant

This was a really well written story. I could almost hear the soft jazz saxophone playing in the background, the scenes all done in black and white, like an old time movie. Very atmospheric, enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story. Can you write more about sam

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 2 years ago

You’ve written a truly authentic and classy P.I. story. The scenes you set were so perfect I could smell the smoke, the blood and taste the scotch. And what type of a detective story would it be if it didn’t include an ex boxer, a backstabbing dame, a cop friend and the mobster you want to hate but can’t. It brought back childhood memories of staying up late reading used Spillane paperback books and watching the old b/w movies. Ya dun’it kid, gotcha’ a real ringer here.

PS, I enjoyed reading this while sipping a glass of 14 yo Glenmorangie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great Story!! I am not disappointed in any way that I read this story and hope you post more similar stories in the future.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Agreed. I could read more about Sam. Great Story. Thanks for sharing.....

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

This is make a living writing good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing..

Definitely the one of the best so far :]

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please write some more stories like this. It's a big departure from your other stories but it shows the depth of talent that you have. I was laughing out loud at some of your amazing writing. Thank you.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 2 years ago

Thought I was getting second hand lung cancer from all the cigarette smoke in the air. Very well done story that keep the interest going through to the end. Would love to see more stories with Sam and friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hahaha! Pitch perfect! You enjoyed that, I can tell. :)

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesover 2 years ago

Loved it! I could picture Sam and his world perfectly. The quips and phrasings were great, exactly in character.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 2 years ago

What a terrific story - well plotted and masterfully told, as always with your work. You had some laugh-out-loud lines - "his maker's chief business rival" was my favorite - but they balanced well with the story's serious subject matter. All in all, a brilliant homage from a consummate pro.

anon49anon49over 2 years ago

5 stars, Excellent characters, Yes...More Sam and friend's...Thank You...enjoyable reading of yesteryear..

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

This story was very well done. Great characters and a very good plot. Really enjoyed the pace of the story, it held my interest from start to finish. Would love to see many more stories from this character.

popden289popden289over 2 years ago

Love the story and the characters. I definitively would like to see more of Sam, and Howard maybe has backup. 5 stars

Shaima32Shaima32over 2 years ago

I've heard of Micky Spillane and his Mike Hammer character but I've never read the books. I might hunt a couple down sometime soon and see what I think of them. Great story though, it'd make a great movie as well. Giselle was the surprise character, it took me a moment to take it all in. I liked the language and the setting, it has the same feel as the movie L.A Confidential. Thanks for sharing it with us.

awr75bsawr75bsover 2 years ago

Great story! It set a proper 'old timey' atmosphere with the characters, setting, and language. Reminds me of the "Dragnet" and the "On the Waterfront" TV programs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice job, gives me an appetite for more. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5,5,5,5!

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Finely done! Enjoyable read. Single-malt noir.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Hard stuff ..... Criminals homing around the world and sadisitc criminals too, so reading about even if its a fantasy tale makes my stomach cramps and Miranda, yeah this Campion asked for a good make over ..... Intense story and your writing talent is pushing this horror tale ..... So please better back to your usual stuff ..... 🙄

🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓🚓 ten police cars honoring this great story

Probus888Probus888about 1 year ago

An excellent noir tale. Very reminiscent of hard boiled 1940s/1950s fiction which I like. I really enjoyed this dark tale from the concrete jungle - and the good guys win and the baddies get doomed. I'd like to read more about Sam Malone's adventures.

chytownchytown12 months ago

*****WOW!!!! What a great read. Thanks for sharing. I love stories like this!

Cindy1001Cindy10019 months ago

A masterful sidestep into another genre!

The author´s beautiful tales will live on!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

When I was a kid my parents were big Mickey Spillane fans so I read most of what he wrote as a young teen if not earlier. This feels much the same.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What an amazing story! I like investigation stories, read lots of Perry Mason when I was younger. This is different of course but I loved every word. Too many names and characters for me to remember, so I need to read it a few more times to get the full story. Thanks for sharing.

sg1010sg10104 months ago

GREAT ONE !

THANKS ! ! !

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaonaigh@Maonaigh
I've been writing semi-pro since the 1960s, most of my stories falling under the blanket heading of weird tales. However, I'd written nothing for 5-6 years because my wife was very ill and disabled and care for her was my priority. Some months after her death in December 2013 ...