All Comments on 'Just Once... But You Never Asked'

by TuxP

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Nice TWIST (of the knife) at the end!!!! 5/5!

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 3 years ago

Enough already... Kali's intriguing story of infidelity has lasted longer than my marriage. This ending to the story was just bad. We got introduced to 2 more "friends" in this version , why? Because they are in an open relationship. Whoopie, not needed. So now Rick is in an new relationship where he is ok with his new wife screwing around as long as he knows? What a waste of a story, Apparently, it would have been ok to screw Dr. Trey IF Marcy would have been upfront and honest with Rick. He's still a cuckold husband but he's NOT clueless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the better responses.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

then why divorce the 1st slut if your going to marry another one?

OdiouserOdiouseralmost 3 years ago

That was the best of a pretty good lot of follow-ons to Kalimaxos' Just Once. And there have been many. Very well written and perfectly balanced. Also insightful in that it places the injury squarely on her unilateral decision, not on the sex itself. Well done!

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

not a fan at all.

By wanting to write an ending different from the others, you distorted the characters.

your "Rick" is really a noodle in your story.

a guy, army colonel, former intelligence, and, you make him a guy who can't make a decision.

He only does the things he's told to do (Tom and Maggie, neighbors, lawyers ...) like a brainless human being.

With this attitude, it must have been beautiful on the battlefield. 😂😂

- oh my god what am I doing?

- oh my god what am I doing?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Gave it a 2. A whole lot of words with no action. Just blah blah blah.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Solid effort! Especially for a first submission!

Frankly, was too anchored in reality to be top flight entertainment. Your scores are probably going to suffer for the lack of any “over the top” behavior by anyone 😎

Having Rick get remarried AND into an “open” relationship was a subtle way to “burn” Marcy in the end —- what she wanted with Rick SHE couldn’t have…but Becky can! While that turn of events was not really congruent with Rick’s presented personality…..it did make for a unique way to get back at her 🥳

4 very solid stars for the effort! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Traded one whore for another.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Not the best or worst of the endings. However it’s well written and consistent with Rick’s character. He got past her cheating while he was in Korea, so it really wasn’t about the sex.

Still his shark supposedly would have burned her crisply, and Marcy most likely made more than Rick, so why try being financially fair? Don’t move out. Try forcing the house to be sold. Make her life difficult. He didn’t need to ask his kids to be supportive of Marcy- they’re old enough to choose their own path, and Marcy deserved more pain.

Constructively, there could have been more about Marcy, her reaction to the divorce, and how the Nielsen’s dealt with her after learning they’d been used. Rick’s open second marriage would have iced the cake, rather than a low level shock.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

Nah, I'd rate this version next to last.

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 3 years ago

Get real.........There are no healthy "open marriages". Not for long anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Trust

@ Huedogg2. Why did he divorce her? That answer is simple, trust. It takes absolute trust to make a military anything work, be it married or not. And dollars to donuts, this wasn't anywhere near her first rodeo. Even the hubby must've had that gut feeling, even if he didn't speak of it.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyalmost 3 years ago

Welcome to the LW genre. Nice first effort.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

A reasonable effort as it goes. But your story is definitely not the best end to the original tale.

I always have a problem with the way you authors have the cheated on tell the kids to treat their mother way as she che@ted on him and not the kids.

That is bullshit, the cheater cheats on the family, they all get to suffer the actions of one in destroying their family unit.

So, no passes for the cheater. If the kids want to hate, so be it.

Also, the concept of an open marriage to enable swinging is not the smartest idea a couple can come up with.

Perhaps if the MC had bothered to check the stats on failed marriages amongst swingers he wouldn’t have been so keen to rush into a relationship that by the stats won’t last five years.

So the plot fails IMHO. Why?

Because there is no way Rick, as he is presented, in the original story by Kalimaxos would have entered into an open marriage arrangement. His character just wouldn’t do that sort of shit. Marcy knew this, as her letter attests.

I rate your story 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bullshit

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"You said you and Diedre stopped when there was an air raid." - I thought they stopped themselves. Or are we changing the facts from the original story?

/

"I'd offer an up-front payment for her to waive rights to my pension and me waiving rights to her 401k." - They're each waiving rights to the other's retirement, but he's making an up-front payment?

/

Let the kids decide for themselves how to relate to their mother, don't run interference for her.

/

@Mehappy4aa, his new wife isn't "screwing" around, they're swapping! While she's fucking Tom, he;s fucking Maggie!

/

@Huedogg2, see above. Becky isn't a slut, they're swapping with another couple.

/

My favorite so far.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3almost 3 years ago

@Huedogg2

It's a thing called trust and communication. Without either a relationship won't last. I bet you that Rick knows who Becky is seeing well before hand - whereas with Marcy he was blindsided and had no way of knowing if she was screwing anyone else.

It's obvious that Rick and Becky are communicating, where Rick and Marcy were not. Rick even said it wasn't the sex with other people, but the dishonesty.

It might not be your cup of tea, and that's ok. But learn the difference between a slut that's dishonest, and a slut that shares.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 3 years ago

V ery good first attempt

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Interesting twist. I'm still not a fan of open marriages, but the point of what is cheating and what is just foolish is made well here.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

It was very good until the very end.

Now I have to give a lower rate when I learned that Rick and his new wife are NOW SWINGERS.

That was a BUMMER.

I don't like this.

/

Thanks though goes to the author for the effort and sharing of his story.

premshankerpremshankeralmost 3 years ago

Digress from the main Story.

Where from the "Open relation" of Rick's friend comes for consideration

Wife purposefully and deliberately 'cheated' on him

Offering him some consolation 'sex' and paid by her Hubby to watch

A pitiable conclusion

jtukeejtukeealmost 3 years ago

Regardless of what your other readers said, I thought this was the best of and most original the new endings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Please give this fucking story a rest. First it was February and now this. Write your own fucking story, don't ride the coat tails of others. One Star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked your writing. Of all the submissions received so far on the work of Kalimaxos, this output was quite peculiar.

Most of the others burned the dog, to a greater or lesser degree of intensity.

This approach of yours did not fail to show the bitch that he did not agree with her cheating, under any circumstances.

Seeing a perspective of Rick, being willing to accept an open marriage, as long as it was previously agreed, shows, in my view, that it is about trust, commitment and dialogue. However, this option was not put by Marcy, therefore, she would not have the right to that, much less to cheat.

Rick giving up his hall pass with Leslie shows how committed he was to his vows, regardless of whether his wife broke them.

What happened to Diedre, seemed obscure in this continuation, but I buy the idea from others where it was just a meeting of relief, for having escaped alive and releasing tensions.

I agree with anonymous "subtle way to burn Marcy in the end" and I'm sorry @ Huedogg2, but on the premise of an open relationship, Becky is not a bitch.

I am not a fan of open relationships, nor of cheating. But Rick's decision to build an open relationship, but along the lines of what Tommy and Marggie are like: no lies and just for the pleasure of sex. Where each one goes back to their husband / wife and devotes their love, respect and admiration.

But as I always write: that is just my opinion.

4 stars.

Ps: English is not my native language.

Carioca Man

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Pretty good writing for your first story, but the ending spoiled it for me. The Rick that I’ve gotten used to isn’t the wife swapping cuck you turned him into. It’s way past time to put Kal’s story to bed, as it’s completely worn out.

HighpikeHighpikealmost 3 years ago

Really loved the twist at the end. Thank you, I hope you write more.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksalmost 3 years ago

This the best ending so far. I think by Rick Have an open relationship with his new wife, showed Marcie what she could have had, had she not been so selfish. After reading this I will have to explore this writers work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good read until the end. Swingers? Really? You wrecked a good story. 1 star.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Hard to make such a bad story worse, but I think you have succeeded. The success of the original was totally on it's ability to provoke such strong reactions, not because it was a good story, like the endless February Sucks thread. Write something original.

KoxokKoxokalmost 3 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Along with your writing I really appreciate your approach to open marriages, respect and honesty.

trandall9991trandall9991almost 3 years ago

Now this one was good. Not the total BTB I thought but good.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Hardly one of the best follow ups. It's time to put a horse out of it misery.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97almost 3 years ago

The ending felt not only abrupt but short somehow. Maybe if you could have had Marcy's husband come up during that final conversation and surprise, they are not swingers and he is blindsided by finding out that her marriage did not end as she told him it did. It would have been nice to toast her again as a parting shot while basking in your open relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hi quality story that ended too quick. Good read and well detailed without getting dull.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

These multiple story endings may be getting tiring but I've noticed one thing positive about this story collection. Four writers were inspired enough to submit their first stories. Hopefully they will continue like TuxP. Thank you for your story. 4 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

I get how the ending could really fuck with her head.

Not my thing, and they will get divorced eventually, as will the other swinging couple and the cuck couple. 90% of them do, they'll fall and he will end up like Marcy, going through another spouse.

So in the end no one came out on top, or at least for very long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Hmm

Not how I saw it ending but it worked ok 3*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent 1st story, nicely twisted around at the end and will certainly get some of the regulars getting twisted up 🤣

Got to dock you a star for using the 'she's still your mother card', they might be their children but they are also adults with minds of their own.

Good 1st entry and look forward to more.

SikemSikemalmost 3 years ago

The most mature ending yet. I think a little more emotional devastation was called for. Just my opinion. I am also not thrilled with the end. By that point why would he care to get a gotcha on his ex. They merely need to be courteous to each other at family events. Adding in the swinging after never before being interested in it seems weird.

But overall good job. Thank you for posting it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Was good until the end - I go with many of the other sequels, he wouldn't have done swinging after how his marriage imploded. Just not believable...4*

KalimaxosKalimaxosalmost 3 years ago
Cuckold!

Oh sorry, nothing to do with your story man. I just wanted to say it like everyone else seems to be repeating it. The word is all the rage.

It has many uses.

"Honey, do you want me to order some cuckold? I'm on Amazon."

"Joe, can you take out the cuckold before you go to work?"

"There's a new 80's band in town. The Cuckolds."

And of course, my wife was checking out some guy's cuckold."

We are worse than 5-year-olds.

Timmy "Mom, Jenny called me a cuckold!"

Mom "Jenny, apologize to your brother."

Jenny "When you get married, I'll convince your wife to make you a..."

Timmy "MOM!"

Silence

Jenny whispers: "Cuckold"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Two of the things I like most about God's creation is Truth and Reality. You can proselytize and promulgate all the Open Marriage bullshit you want, its your computer and word processor. But Reality doesn't give a fuck what you think, and the Truth is that most spouses who fuck around under any circumstances, including the so called Open Marriage usually end up divorced.

The other flaw in your thinking is that supposedly a person can be a virtuous parent but a cheating duplicitous unethical spouse. You might as well propose that a man who beats his wife might otherwise be a good person. Marcy was a very very bad wife, and she totally destroyed her children's father and their family unit. How do the children not JUDGE that behavior? That is typical Snow Flake reasoning. Reality and Truth don't give a fuck what Snow Flakes think either.

Its OK for you to not give a fuck what I think, but you might want to go to the Reality store and get familiar with the product.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Swinging/open marriage isn't my thing but it definitely added a good curve ball for the finale!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow! People are BRUTAL.

IMHO, I liked the twist at the end. Maybe it doesn't go with the Rick personality but I LOVED the ending burn on Marcie

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Whatever I think about swinging, as a plot device, it was worth it just to land one last hilarious punch on Marcy. So many different versions of this story now, might as well do something inventive with it or the exercise is totally pointless.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 3 years ago

Didn't add anything useful to the series. Pretty poor actually. Sorry, I appreciate the effort.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 3 years ago
Ehhh

Sounds like our hero traded one slut for another.

GreyDuckGreyDuckalmost 3 years ago

It was an interesting twist from the other story endings. Well done

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 for this version - wife swapping crap never works and once a cheater always a cheater. BTB and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the better endings. No RAAC no WACC. Mutually consenting swaps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So the cuck just traded one slut for another. 1 star.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

1 for the wife swapping...stupid...utterly stupid ending

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Interesting but absurd.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Well that was different. Hate the ending but it IS clever and I give the story a four

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Love this. These kind of relationships can not be unilateral. I approve of the outcome, and the new relationship

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

1 star - no comment worth making that 60 other people made down below.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, I've heard of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but have never seen it exemplified by a short story nearly so well as TuxP manages to do here. The conclusion makes a waste of an otherwise fine submission. Truly unfortunate.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 1 year ago

Ok, the only part I cannot believe is the swingers that are still together after 25 yrs and in a loving relationship of equals. Now I have seen it plenty in polyamorous relationship but never swingers (ya some overlap a bit but know what I mean)his reaction to the betrayal and disrespect I completely get through finding his inner swinger would take some strong dude or complete idiot i am not quite sure how he went for you but well written a good read thax

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban10 months ago

"She had changed the parameters of our marriage unilaterally, without giving me a chance to agree, let alone comment. " - Truer words.....

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazier10 months ago

👎🏿👎🏿 Something smells like shit. Must be this collection of letters, spaces, and punctuation marks. The wife is a serial cheater. He should have dumped the slag years back. This last trip and letter is just another fly on a very ugly corpse. The MC is SO laidback with the entire thing that he must have " Low T" and no adrenaline. The lawyer could've gone "nuke" legally for the askance. Nope, our wimp MC wets his girl panties and is conciliatory. YUCK!!! Why all the whining and soul searching? I've known Generals, and more Admirals. This MC would never have made the cut!

CookiecreamyCookiecreamy5 months ago

Good lessino there. Decisions made together, rather than blind sided by unilateral selfishness. To all the jackasses that proudly posted 1 star, you have no imagination. You wanted the usual crap and didn't like the other way to a successful ending. Good @ ya.

5 ⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked it. The biggest thing in this story was the lack of communication. Both the neighbors and his high school friends commented that communication is very important. I know in the 40+ years we've been married communication has been number one in our relationship.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTuxP@TuxP
Just a frequent reader and occasional writer who likes both innovative storytelling and new twists on old formulas.

SIMILAR Stories