Just Once... But You Never Asked

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Marcy and I saw each other at the rehearsal dinner but we were never alone long enough to talk. I'm pretty sure my wife had covertly tasked my friends to run interference for me. We didn't get a chance to talk privately until the reception. Apparently we both needed a drink after the barrage of family photos and ended up at the bar.

"Hello, Rick. You look well."

I turned to Marcy, "I am well. You look like things are going along." I indicated husband #3, "I think I like Warren. Seems like a good guy."

"He is. He's good to me," she said. Briefly hesitating, she asked, "Have you ever had second thoughts about how you handled my trip?"

"You mean your affair?" I corrected. "Nope. Perfectly fine with the outcome. Becky rocks my world on a daily basis and what's more I can trust her." I saw the hint of a smirk creep onto Marcy's face. I might have missed it if I hadn't been married to her for 24 years.

"Something funny?" I asked.

"Well," Marcy said, "I really don't want to be petty but maybe you should be more observant. I could have sworn someone saw Becky on the wrong floor of the hotel with someone very late last night." Her bitchiness was no longer subtle.

Just then the love of my life walked up and grabbed my arm with both of hers in that universal female gesture that signaled "back off my man, bitch!"

Becky leaned her head into my shoulder and asked, "What are we talking about?"

I kissed Becky on the forehead. "Marcy was just saying you were sneaking around the hotel late last night. Is that true?" The reaction from Marcy was priceless. She had wanted to plant seeds of doubt but never expected me to actually talk to my wife openly. I wondered to myself if our divorce had taught her anything about communicating with your spouse.

Becky considered, "I don't think so. After the rehearsal dinner I left with Tommy to go straight to his room and then when we were done I went right back to our room. I think that was about 2 AM or so," She looked at Marcy guilelessly, "Where did you think I was?"

Becky and I looked at her questioningly. Marcy's eyes could not have been any bigger. Her mouth literally hung open for a moment. It was hard not to laugh.

I do love my wife, but she sometimes has trouble restraining herself. As an interrogator, silence can be an ally. But rather than bask in Marcy's mute state Becky pressed on. Looking at me she inquired sweetly, "By the way, did you and Mags find some way to amuse yourselves?"

"Now, you know we did," I scolded. "Don't even pretend the two of you didn't trade notes over breakfast." Turning back to Marcy, I got a little more serious. "You may remember that when we finally were able to talk about the divorce I said it wasn't the sex with other people that bothered me so much, it was the dishonesty. Turns out I actually meant that. Still do. Becky and I have an understanding, but WE decided that TOGETHER after a lot of discussion." We let that sit there for a moment before Becky pulled me away towards our table.

"See you for the parents of the bride dance!"

12