Just Once... I did Mind

Story Info
Ending to a story.
951 words
3.57
66.9k
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my ending to Kalimaxos's "Just Once... If You Don't Mind?" story. It is written in my style. I make no claim whatsoever to possessing the skills of the original storyteller.

======================================================================

I read the letter several times. I finally realized what she was doing had nothing to do with what I did in the past. She just wanted a fling. As I read it, I realized she didn't really care whether I walked away or not. This adventure was more important than our marriage or our past. The next few days were buried in anger and resentment. Our phone call was rough enough, but the letter tore my heart out. "If we love each other enough" If! She had to know damn well there was no way I would take her back. The words "just walk away" said it all. 24 years shot in the ass.

As the pain started to recede, then the revenge plotting commenced. I saw no other choice than to start divorce proceedings. In my heart, I knew I could never live with her again.

Then the stories began filtering in. Zika virus ran rampant through the team and effectively pulled them out of the operating business. The first week there, they were out of commission. An investigation was called for. The hospital and the sponsors sent investigators. There was a serious attempt to keep the findings secret when the investigation results were published, but they were too salacious to remain hidden. Someone talked to a reporter, then all hell broke loose.

One of the young nurses on the team had sex with a local intern the first night there. He had Zika and gave it to her. The team was very selective about who was on the team. Two criteria had to be met, medical expertise and promiscuity. They had planned the whole trip to be about surgery and a fuck fest.

They arrived on Friday, and Sunday was designated as orgy day, and partners were freely swapped. Thus, the Zika, which can be spread sexually, ran rampant through the team. The team was quarantined, and after the Zika ran its course, they were scheduled for deportation. The guest country was not very pleased.

I was heartbroken at hearing all this. All thoughts of revenge dissipated. I could not have come up with a better vengeance. After I spoke with some people at the hospital, I found they were pissed the team had tainted the hospital's good name. Many of the group had already been given their discharge notices. Most of the team had to pay their way home. Their financial support had been withdrawn.

I waited at the terminal for Marcy with the process server. She looked terrible, thin, and drawn. I watched as she was served. I could tell she was looking around for me. When she spotted me, I did what she suggested and walked away. Dr. Tray Cardoso had developed neuropathy in his hand due to the Zika and was no longer able to operate.

That's when life without Marcy began for real. It was time to start a new life. Marcy signed the divorce papers and sent them to the lawyer. We had a distribution of assets meeting, and I couldn't believe what I saw. Her eyes were dead. She had lost so much weight. Marcy was a broken woman. She had lost her job, and no hospital would hire her. Her children would not talk to her. I was extremely generous in my terms, and Marcy never said a word.

They say revenge is sweet, not in this case. It is painful to see her like this, the one-time love of my life. Once so feisty, where had the fight gone.

I decided to keep tabs on her. After all, she was the mother of my children. She collapsed on the street shortly after our last meeting. I had her taken to a hospital two towns over and checked her in under her maiden name. I knew she would have reporters visiting if she was admitted under her married name, I took responsibility for her bills. After a few days, she was convinced by her doctor to commit herself to a mental institution voluntarily due to severe depression.

Tray was divorced and cleaned out, he took to the bottle and rumor has that he is on the street. The lives ruined and divorces that came out of that trip are astounding.

The last time I saw Marcy, I visited her in the sanitarium. She had made no attempt to call or contact me during all of this. She asked if she could tell me what had happened.

"The first week there was perfect, Except for your phone call that almost spoiled the mood. The trip was exciting, everything I could have imagined. Then Tray dumped me for one of the younger nurses. I was mortified, and I refused to participate in the partner-swapping. Then the sickness overwhelmed us. I just kept thinking I had destroyed an almost perfect life and happy marriage for this hell. I'm sure I got it from Tray. There is no telling who gave it to him. I got home to find everything destroyed, my reputation, my career, my marriage. The worst thing was I knew it was all my fault. I will be out of here tomorrow, and I'm going West, I won't be coming back."

I watched as she walked away, "I love you to." I whispered.

I never saw or heard from her again, nor did our children. I am happily married again. But I still think of Marcy now and then and wonder if she really ever did love me