Five Stages of Infidelity

Story Info
Wife gets caught and tries to deal with the consequences.
21.2k words
4.13
116.9k
156
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lickme35
Lickme35
410 Followers

My wife Audrey and I met freshman year in college. She was amazing to me. Tall at 5' 11", thin, with brownish-blonde hair. I like tall thin women and she fit the bill perfectly. A-cup size up top, thin waist, with narrow hips and a butt that could crack walnuts.

When we first met and she looked at me, her eyes lit up like a kid first seeing all the presents under the Christmas tree, on Christmas morning. I am 6'2". I was on the swim team in high school, so I had a swimmer's build. All our friends were always joking, they knew we were thinking of each other because we were smiling so much.

And the sex. It was fantastic. For the first two years we met to fuck. Any interaction afterwards was purely accidental. We actually had sex 8 times in one day. She woke me up at 1:00 am, after waking up to go to the bathroom. We had morning sex before going to class. We had a quickie during lunch. We had a quickie after school. We had another quickie before dinner. After dinner, we were studying together in her apartment, and we both took a study break to have sex. Around eleven we went to bed and ended up doing it twice before we drifted off to sleep. It was amazing.

After a couple of years, we were still having sex at least 4 times a week, not including any oral we gave each other. The last year of college our sex life went down to just 2-3 times on the weekends, due to our college workload. And that's when Audrey made her 'Mistake'.

Her 'Mistake' was Brad the center forward on the college basketball team. 6'9" Brad.

Shit, everyone I knew sent me a text that night telling me to look at Instagram photos or sending me photos from the party. Audrey was hanging all over the guy and later there were pics of Brad and Audrey making out. Lastly, a friend at the party sent me a video of Bradly pulling her into his room by her hand with a big smile on her face.

I was PISSED!

I went to her apartment around noon the next day and she was still sleeping in her room. When she woke up, she was severely hung over. I showed her the pictures and she told me what happened. At least she was honest.

She went there with some friends and started drinking. She bumped into Brad who she had met before, briefly, and they started hanging out together. It got late, and she didn't notice how much she had drank. Brad invited her into his room to show her all his trophies. Next thing she knew they were making out, then they were naked in bed together. She said she didn't even remember them having sex.

She told me she was drunk and made a stupid mistake. She only loved me and felt horrible for making this mistake, and that it would never happen again. She told me she would do anything I wanted in bed if I would only forgive her. She told me she loved me and wanted to spend the rest of her life with me.

All her friends and most of my buddies told me it was a onetime drunken mistake on her part, and that I should take her back. Most of my buddies that were saying that, also told me that she was the hottest girl I would ever get, and no way I would find another girl as hot as her, who liked sex as much as her.

I stayed mad at her for almost 2 weeks before I forgave her and took her up on the 'anything in bed' offer. What can I say, I hadn't gone without sex for more than five days, in over 4 years! She was constantly telling me how sorry she was, and I was losing my mind by time I forgave her.

But I did tell Audrey that if it ever happened again, we were done. That she was lucky to get this one chance.

Looking back years later, almost all those guys who told me to forgive her because she was so hot, are in shitty relationships because they pick women for all the wrong reasons. Every single guy who told me to dump her is happily living the married dream - not a single one of them is divorced. Seems there may be something to ranking faithfulness, above sexiness. Little did I know.

Except for that one 'mistake' Audrey seemed perfect.

After college I got a job programming. Audrey got a job as an Admin for a large company. She had to commute 45 minutes each way. I got to work from home most of the time.

We married at the end of the year and had our first child Matt the next year. We had his sister Marcy the following year. Life was good.

DENIAL

My career was progressing well. Audrey decided along the way she wanted to make more money and got into real estate sales. With her natural height and beauty, she gravitated to the more expensive homes. Audrey's income also increased.

Then Audrey's hours started to increase, including weekend work, and our sex life decreased. To say I am a 'trust but verify' kind of guy would be an understatement. I had not forgotten what happened the last time our sex life decreased. Within a week, I had monitoring software on her smart phone and a voice recorder in her purse.

Two days later, I got recordings of her having sex with some guy named David. According to the GPS on her phone, they were at his apartment, which was across town from her office. My heart was broken.

Like a drowning man looking for something to hold onto, I grasped onto the fact that they never told or texted each other anything endearing. No, "I love You". No, "You're the best". No, "I missed this". I felt like there was still a chance for me to do more to win her back, for myself and for the kids.

When she got home, I had prepared her favorite meal. The kids were dressed extra nice. I doted on her. She seemed to love the attention. I told her how much I Ioved her and that we needed to spend more time together and as a family. She agreed.

I was happy, I had a chance. I was winning the pick me dance.

I began bombarding her with text pictures of the kids whenever I could. When I saw her sending a text to David, I would send her a text saying I loved her and missed her. I was elated when she told David she couldn't make it Wednesday at his apartment.

On Friday night I had my brother and his wife babysit the kids. I took Audrey to a five-star restaurant where we ate and danced. That night we tried to break our record for sex in one evening. We didn't make it, but it was fun trying.

The next day we picked up the kids and we all went to a waterpark. We spent all day having fun in the sun, playing with the kids, and enjoying ourselves. Life was good and I was thinking this was going to work.

Audrey's text message to David on Wednesday morning utterly broke my heart. "Looking forward to seeing you, I missed you".

My wife was a lie. Everything I believed about her was a lie. I wasn't going to listen to her excuses. I wasn't going to let her lying mouth convince me which moments in our life were real. I wasn't going to listen how she was broken, and she needed me to help fix her. As far as I was concerned, Audrey had abandoned me and the kids. She just hadn't given up her visitation rights yet.

I got a glimpse of David. I turned on her camera with the monitoring software, and when she took her phone out to set it to silent mode, I briefly saw David's face. I recognized him as one of Audrey's co-workers. I had met him when I visited her office one day. First impression was he was a douche. Now there was no doubt.

After deciding to not go to jail, for pounding Douche into a greasy spot on the ground. I decided my best course of action would be to get Audrey out of the kids and my life. She was lying straight to the kids and my face every day, the people she supposedly 'loved' the most in her life. I would exploit every weakness in my wife's double-life. I would figure out how to get as many assets out of the marriage as I could. Being the primary parent, I would try to get primary custody of the children. I would also show the kids and our relatives how Audrey was choosing her lover over us, so they would not be pulled into her conniving lies. And I was going to make Douche's payback as permanent and as ugly as possible. He was going to pay his pound of flesh, in full, to me.

The following week was Marcy's band recital. I mentioned it to Audrey when I knew she wasn't really paying attention (which had become common), but Marcy was. The day before Marcy's recital, I used the monitoring software on Audrey's phone to move her calendar reminder to the day after the event.

After I arrived at the school, I checked Audrey's phone to make sure she was at Douche's apartment and then the monitoring software to verify her phone had been set to silent. I left a message on her phone asking her where she was. An hour later I left a message reminding her that she was late. She called near the end of the band recital, in a panic, asking me if Marcy had played yet. I asked her where she was, which she ignored, and she asked again about Marcy. I lied and told her she just missed her and that we would see her at home.

Marcy was upset on the way home because her mom wasn't there. I told her that sometimes adults get busy working to help everyone in the family and can find it hard to get away. Marcy seemed to accept the answer, along with Matt, but they were both glum the drive home. Audrey being late and showing up near the end of family events, was becoming the norm.

When we got home Audrey was waiting at the door, still in her work clothes, but somehow smelling like she had just taken a shower. She tried to make it up to Marcy with lots of affection. Marcy played the pitiful victim card that kids are experts at. After a couple of hours Marcy finally gave Audrey a big hug and told her mom that she couldn't miss her next recital.

I idly wondered if Audrey was really remorseful she missed her daughter's recital or if she was only worried missing her daughter's recital might expose her cheating.

Next, I noticed that Audrey and Douche would meet alone at the same little restaurant on the edge of town. The restaurant was best known for their Scottish eggs. Somehow, I got into a conversation about Scottish eggs with my father-in-law and he mentioned how he had not had a good Scottish egg in years. I mentioned the restaurant. I made reservations for Wednesday, the day that Audrey and Douche most frequently went to the restaurant.

I picked up my in laws and drove them to the restaurant. Looking at my phone, I saw Audrey was still at the office. I took the in laws the scenic route. Half way there, Audrey's phone was moving towards the restaurant. We finally arrived a couple of minutes after Audrey.

I entered the restaurant behind my in-laws. When I stepped in, I saw Audrey in a booth in the back sitting right next to Douche. I asked rather loudly, "Do you want to sit in a booth or a table?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Audrey's head jerk up, her eyes go wide, and then scoot her ass to the other side of the table, like she had been shot out of a cannon. Douche had a questioning look on his face, until he noticed us at the door. He then tried to hunker down.

While we were being seated Audrey jumped up and came over. "Mom and Dad what are you doing here?"

Dad smiling, happy to see Audrey, "We heard about their amazing Scottish eggs and I thought we would drop in and try some". Audrey's dad leaned in for a hug from Audrey.

Audrey, "Well they are excellent! Why don't you guys come sit with me and my coworker? Were just sitting over there". She pointed to the booth in the back corner of the mostly empty restaurant, where Douche waved back. His face and neck were flushed. The smile on both parents disappeared. Audrey's dad took two steps away from Audrey, to stand next to his wife and hold her hand.

Mom with her smile gone, stared at Douche and said in a monotone voice, "Well we wouldn't want to interrupt your business lunch".

Audrey in an overly excited voice, "No problem, we were just getting a quick bite to eat, before we head out to show a property".

Let's just say the lunch was awkward. After Douche shook everyone's hands, Audrey talked almost the whole time. My mother-in-law, with a frown, stared at her food the entire time. My father-in-law's smile was gone the instant he saw Douche and he simply stared at Douche the whole meal, never saying a word - not a single word.

I asked simple questions like "How long you been working there?" and "How has such a nice guy like you still not married". My favorite, "You know Audrey has a sister who is single, Audrey, you should set them up together. If it works out, we could be related". You could easily see how strained Audrey's smile was.

Douche, after letting silence reign way too long after my comment said, "No thanks, I have a girlfriend".

I asked, "Really, is it anyone we know or is it a secret and you don't want to tell?"

Douche, "She's in a bad relationship and is in the process of getting out of it. It wouldn't be polite for me to say who". He said it with an obvious smirk on his face as he looked only at me. I told you he was a douche. The smirk disappeared when he realized everyone at the table was staring hard at him, especially Audrey.

Our food arrived. The in laws, who are normally slow eaters, wolfed down their food. I ate only a few bites of my Scottish egg.

Audrey noticed and asked me if the Scottish egg wasn't that good. I told her I had lost my appetite and stared at her.

Audrey's mom waived frantically at the waiter and gave him a hundred dollar bill to pay for everyone's meal. Everyone thanked her and she jumped up saying she needed to use the restroom. The waiter returned, and Audrey's father picked up the change, stared at Douche like he was something smelly he had accidentally stepped in, and went straight to the restroom without saying a word.

I told Audrey and Douche, "Sorry we interrupted your business lunch, I'm sure you have plans to discuss and people to deceive, I mean sell too".

I stood up and started walking out of the restaurant. Audrey chased me out to my car.

Audrey, "It was nice seeing you for lunch".

"We can discuss this at home, your parents will be out in a second". By now I could see Audrey's mom and dad coming out of the restroom hallway, almost running, straight for the front door, without even glancing towards Douche.

Audrey seeing my eyes moving over her shoulder, glanced at the ground and said, "I guess that would be best".

The in-laws came out, gave a brief hug to Audrey with no comments, and got into my car. I walked away from Audrey without saying anything to her. The whole drive home none of us said anything.

When I dropped the in-laws off, I got out to say goodbye like a normally do. Mom gave me very big hug and told me she loved me like the son she never had. Dad gave me a side ways hug and told me to bring the kids over, he was missing all of us. That was the first time he ever gave me more than a handshake.

Dad had to help mom up the front steps. They looked much older than when I had picked them up.

It made me sad knowing that Audrey getting some strange dick, was worth lying straight to her own parent's faces.

The in-laws other daughter Karen, Audrey's younger sister, they had already disowned. She had two failed marriages, both because she had cheated. Both times she lied to her parents about the reason for her divorces. Karen had been lying to her parents that she thought her second husband (who really was a good guy) was cruel and cheating on her. That ended when a friend sent the in-laws a video of Karen making out with a married man, in a restaurant booth, similar to the one Douche and Audrey were in. Audrey's parents had known the married man's parents since they were all in diapers. Audrey's mom and the married man's mom, were lifelong best friends. They were closer than sisters.

The married man ended up divorced, leaving his wife and three kids. He ended up moving across the country. The in-law's friends left the church they had been members of their entire life, to get away from the in-laws. The in-laws friend's never spoke to them ever again. Even though Karen lived in the same town, Karen's parents hadn't talked to Karen since.

On a few occasions, Audrey mentioned Karen, and her parents immediately interrupted her and reminded her never to mention her name again. Karen had once tried to sneak into the in-law's church, during a Sunday sermon. Upon realizing Karen was in attendance, Karen's father stood up and interrupted the pastor during the middle of his sermon to apoligize that he and his wife had to leave immediately. They both left by the door closest to Karen, without ever acknowledging her existence. Everyone else acknowledged Karen's existence by hatefully staring at her while her parents walked out.

Audrey came home that night with a wonderful tale, how the lunch meeting with Douche had secured a large sale for them both.

"Audrey, you going to lunch alone with an unmarried man is inappropriate. I do not want you around him any longer and I definitely do not want you to ever go out to lunch with him ever again, even with a group!"

"Honey, I'm sorry about that. If that is bothering you, I won't go out to lunch with him anymore. Don't worry about him, we got the big sale!"

I told Audrey I would be sleeping in the guest room until she properly apologized to me and her parents. I said, "Your parents were upset, remember how your sister got caught cheating?"

Audrey was visibly shaken when I reminded her of her sister, but she told me I was making too much over nothing.

On the plus side, I now had an excuse not to have sex with her.

Next, I installed a kill switch in my wife's car and Douche's car. I put it in Douche's car while he was fucking my wife in his apartment. While I was at it, I shorted out a transmission sensor. That will turn on his engine light and help to keep the mechanics guessing.

We had a parent divide and conquer day. Matt had a soccer game and Marcy had band competition to attend. And as it so happened, Audrey decided to play with Douche that afternoon. This is what I heard live from her phone, while I was watching Matt's soccer game. I had disabled Audrey's car.

Knock, knock, knock.

"What's up babe, back so soon?"

"My car won't start".

"Let's take a look."

15 minutes later. "Don't know what's wrong. Your battery is charged, the lights are coming on. It's just not starting. Do you want me to give you a ride back to your house".

"No you idiot, after the restaurant debacle, if my husband saw you drop me off there, there would be big trouble".

"Call a tow truck".

"I'm supposed to be picking up Mary to take her to her Band competition across town".

"Can't you let hubby take her".

"He is with Matt at his soccer game. We already planned for me to take Marcy".

"You can take my car".

"Again, restaurant debacle".

"Oh, yeah".

"Ok, take me to a car rental and I'll get a tow truck to come and get my car. Make sure you meet the tow truck driver when he gets here and pay him $50 bucks to put our work address where the car was found".

Audrey's phone rings.

"Oh shit!", "Hi Honey".

Me, "Are you on your way to get Marcy yet?"

"I'm having car problems. I think it's the battery".

"Do you want me drop by your office and give you a jump?"

"NO! I mean that's alright, I already ordered a tow and I'm going to just rent a car from a place up the street, so Mary won't be late".

"All right, call me if you need any help".

I hung up.

"Let's go now, your driving me to the Avis place near our work".

"But there is a Budget just up the street".

"JEEZ! I can't have a car rental bill from a place nowhere near my work and right up the street from your apartment".

"Oh yeah, right".

Needless to say, Audrey was too late picking up Marcy. Luckily Marcy called me in a panic, so I asked one of the other fathers who we were friends with, if he could take Matt home afterwards. After he agreed, I was able to get Marcy to the competition, barely.

Lickme35
Lickme35
410 Followers