All Comments on 'Just Remember I Told You'

by Ephesus14

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Glad it worked out for the hero in the end!

5

blackrandl1958blackrandl19587 months ago

Sweet story, bro. Had to give it all the stars. Randi

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens7 months ago

Always a pleasure to find a new story by you. 5*

francemanfranceman7 months ago

Nice and friendly. 5⭐

MattblackUKMattblackUK7 months ago

That was another great story from you. 5*.

TajfaTajfa7 months ago

Nice one. 4 stars

woodwardwoodward7 months ago

Well done. Thanks!

demanderdemander7 months ago

A soothing story. For a change. Thanks. D

Sloburn38Sloburn387 months ago

Fresh air is appreciated! Good story thanks. 5*

Harryin VAHarryin VA7 months ago

This story comes across as one of those stories main character repeatedly gets a shit upon for no good reason other than in the fact that it's just life and nobody gives a shit about him. His marriage falls apart because his wife is a slut and his parents are too busy saying I Told You So to give a shit about how hurt he might be. He has problems at work because his father won't listen to him. And then he gets arrested is threatened with death from a mob and is falsely dragged through the media. His best move would be simply to pack up and leave town since nobody there gives a shit about him. Why he would even think about dating a news reporter who help to drag his name through the mud and make his life even more miserable makes no sense at all

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu7 months ago

Darn.

Very good story Mr. Ephesus.

I don't care about Laurie. Good riddance of a cheating woman.

It is been a while since we had a post from great writers sharing their tales.

Thank you.

60022Mallard60022Mallard7 months ago

No mention of an outsize appendage and ability of the MC to perform multiple times in 30 minutes.

Wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Only parts I liked were that Tim immediately divorced his cheating wife and stood up to his parents about what was happening at work. I couldn’t get behind Louise and Tim’s relationship based on how things started out between them. At a minimum Tim should have slammed the door in Louise’s face when she first showed up at his house, not invite her in for breakfast. He also should have sued her and the mall security, and local police for slander, public humiliation, endangering his safety as the crowd was determined to physically harm him. Even though he would probably lose in court, it would have been more realistic than inviting her into his house for breakfast the day after she had him detained and refused to listen to anyone other than her own judgmental and paranoid views. The security guard only made the situation worse when he dragged Tim away. The security guard should have remove the handcuffs and told the crowd that a terrible mistake was just made and the child was with her mother’s friend.

As for Tim’s safety when leaving, he would have been the safest if he walked out with Jeff, Jenny, and carrying Sophie instead of being snuck out a different exit and into an unmarked police car. Sneaking him out only serves in protecting the image of Louise, mall security, and police.

.

You wrote that it was 4 hours to Houston and that Louise was already on her way back to their town before Tim start driving. She would have been able to turn around and beat him back to her apartment. Any of the family members could have called her told her to turn around. Unless they had already passed each other in opposite directions, she most likely would have beaten him to her apartment.

l0ver0tical0ver0tica7 months ago

Great read! 5 stars from me...

numbnutz49numbnutz497 months ago

Good story until the ending. Then, it became a great story! Thanks for a very uplifting morning!

Omart57Omart577 months ago

You never disappoint me, E! Thank you for a wonderful story!

jmmj5jmmj57 months ago

Enjoyed that.

Thanks for sharing.

crazycam69crazycam697 months ago

Chocolate milk in coffee. Now that’s something I gotta try. Would never have thought of that. Ingenious!!!

littleone35littleone357 months ago

Wonderful story enjoyed it

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Loved the story. I would have loved a bit more depth around them drifting apart, but the twist that his boss was his father was well played! 4.7*

DontPanic442DontPanic4427 months ago

Great story. Thank you.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69897 months ago

A mini work of art, I enjoyed the warm feeling a good story gives.

ibuguseribuguser7 months ago

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

des911des9117 months ago

A sweet story, well written. Thank you

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

Nice to see a man not turn sour and bitter when life deals him a crappy hand. Really well done.

Rwg7Rwg77 months ago

Good story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Enjoyed it, but…..it just didn’t seem to go anywhere. Didn’t like how the breakup with Laurie happened almost off stage. Didn’t understand why Jeff was “slow”. Didn’t get enough info for how and why he and Louise clicked. Never got an idea about what tne family business even was. At tne end when Louise proposed to him….I just didn’t really care 😎

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story with a happy ending which most writers neglect at the end of their stories.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good enough, really. But shouldn't it be in the Romance category? The marriage was just a setup for the Romance that followed. We know a few bland details about the failed marriage, but there was no discussion, no remorse or guilt, no examination of the whore wife's lack of character, or what made her betray her husband. Lots of successful marriages start after a very short time dating, so simply giving us the timeline doesn't explain why the wife cheated, and then abandoned him. If the whore wife was that shallow and unethical then how could the marriage be good up until he caught her cheating? None of those questions were part of your story. Again, the marriage was just like a prop to put things in place for the subsequent Romance that was the real substance of the plot.

\

Good story, satisfying ending. But its always interesting to find out what happens to the whores.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very good story. Did Tim try suing Martin or Rodger? It seems odd that Tim's attorney took his divorce to get back at Justin Jr.. Also Tim had a case against the Police for excessive force and they didn't even take him to the hospital to be checked out.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well written, but she's very lucky he came home. Having been cheated on once already, it could have been more likely he'd take a long trip and not talked to anyone. Scars can do that, which is why it's stupid to "surprise" someone like that. It's playing a stupid game, and risking getting a stupid prize.

I'd have thought that, having lived apart, she'd have enough brains to keep clear communications. Or that his parents would have told her "baaaad idea!"

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

Just a minor point - He was going away for two weeks. He came home over a week early, yet he's snowed under at work? What would they have done if he was gone the two weeks?

\

@Anonymous Re: Suing - It was explained in the story: Right now, he's relatively anonymous, and everything is dying down. Suing will make his identity public, and even winning won't entirely clear his name.

TonyspencerTonyspencer7 months ago

Delightful story.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter7 months ago

Yup, 5 from me. Good story.

LickideesplitLickideesplit7 months ago

Kinda like LW at the VERY beginning, where Sweetie is driving away with with all of her stuff. Hard for We-The-Readers to give a shit about her tail-pipe (all that WTR saw of her … save a little afterthought.) Then WTR get the full Romance story! Good accounting, but Ephesus# is a good-to-great story-teller!

5* despite it being 10 percent LW!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story,happy ending

Frank66Frank667 months ago

I do like a fast paced story; we'll call this the 'anti Chopped Liver' kind of story. Could have used a little more on Laurie and just why she said she would never cheat, but did.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well you wrote a MC that doesn't have a spine or balls.

A01butal75A01butal757 months ago

You're a great story teller!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

1st wife character wasn’t really developed, but I guess that was the point and analogous with their ill-conceived marriage.

As usual, the kids are the true stars. Sophie sounds just the sort of cool niece an uncle can be proud of 😃

nixroxnixrox7 months ago

4 stars - I liked this story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It was good but a bit convoluted like several stories rolled into one.

/

Chocolate milk in coffee is not as outlandish as it might seem. Go into any Starbucks and people are merrily shaking chocolate powder into their cappuccinos, or at least they do here in the UK. Not my thing but hey-ho.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just lived this. Laurie left in the rear view and life vigorously pursued. Waiting for the boss to call and have him back to work only to have the bosses wife call instead, priceless. The story is so well written with unique aspects and engaging characters. One of the best I've seen in quite some time.

Tomh1966Tomh19667 months ago

WINNER! 5*

Nice misdirection with him not getting into her place and her lying on the phone!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Roger was getting out of a bar one night. Next thing he knew he blacked out.

It was the middle of the night when Martin was woken up by an insistent phone call. He answered with frustration in his tone that immediately switched to panic. It was the hospital, hid son was found unconscious and it looked like he was brutally beaten.

He rushed to the hospital and was told his son was in a stable condition but was in for a long recuperation period after the beating he took.

It was morning when he was sitting in his sons room with the tv was on in the background when he found further details about what happened.

Somehow it got out that his son had his wrists, ankles, knees, elbows, shoulders, knuckles, almost all of his joints broken. However new details were posted online by anonymous sources.

The video of the beating was extreme. It did not take long but it was precise and without emotion.

The blow to the back of the head sent Roger face forward on the cement, chipping his front teeth and breaking his nose.

He was flipped then 4 guys spread his arms and legs and using Louisville proceeded to hit his joints a few times to make sure they were broken.

The only sound heard was the that of the bats hitting their target. The screen faded to black and a list of the Rogers actions came on the screen.

It ended with "Martin made sure his actions were covered up. He could of raised a good son, he could of been an agent for good in this community, all he does is rip people off and cover for his homewrecking son.

Do you really want to do business with such a man? Do you support a family with such lackluster morals and because of which so many kids are from broken homes now?

What if your family is next on their list? Do you think they will care about your kids not having two loving parents together?

Actions show that Roger takes what he wants and Martin covers it up through whatever means necessary. Vote with your money, choose your shops better.".

He knew this was the start of a very bad day. He should of put an end to his sons actions a long time ago, he could of done something better. After firing Jeff he nearly lost half his staff and after word got around and Jeff opened his shop fewer people have been using his shop.

They were right, he could of done better. Now he's sitting in a hospital with a son that may have lost the use of his limbs and with his dirty secrets out for the world to see.

He could of done better.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why are we writing about mentally challenged indivduals and manipulation of said individuals?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It was an okay story. That makes it better than a lot of what gets posted here, but still falls short of what it could have been.

.

It's not surprising that he was cheated on, as he seems to be little more than a doormat. He works for his dad in an apparently unimportant role and is not respected by either of his parents. He just kind of goes along with whatever crap he is served. The one exception is when he actually divorced his wife, but that was more about setting the stage for Louise than him actually growing a pair.

.

Looking forward, I don't see a much better future for him. He's now married to a woman with impulse control issues who has no problem with inflicting pain by lying and manipulating him. She may not have cheated yet, but it seems the most likely outcome.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I enjoyed your “real people” who had real life problems. Nice touch at the end when it was a Happy Ending. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very nice story. Get yourself a proofreader/editor to add more adjectives and descriptions in your story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Check 'mislead' and 'misled'!

And a few other instances of using the wrong words!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

>>"Let it go, I guess. If I tried to sue for false arrest, it would get out and my name and picture would be out there for sure. I don't want that to happen, and the police were doing what they thought was best at the time."<<

-

As an attorney, I would suggest MC do exactly that: sue the hell out of the officers, the department, and the mall. Why? That forces a very public acknowledgment that (a.) the officers overreacted (They could've handled it quietly as fully 98% of these cases of mistaken intent are handled.), and (b.) to receive a public apology. You got it wrong because the incident, as described, is a public record, and anyone can find out his name either by accessing the report via the state's open records law or via a FOIA request. One of my first cases--one that nearly came to trial--was almost this exact scenario. The firm I worked for actually represented the injured party, Pro Bono. That's a minor quibble, tough. This story was, like all your stories, a masterpiece.

-

"Laissez le bon temps rouler, cha'!" That part of the deep Sou'f, right?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a great way to meet. "Allegedly" kidnapping her niece only to end up married. Cute.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey7 months ago

Made me smile. Thanks much.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades7 months ago

Enjoyed the story, especially the ending. Thanks for your writing.

dark2donut2dark2donut27 months ago

This author is one of the best authors here. Not every time good, but enough to be recommended for what he is writing. Original plots, multitude of characters, and realistic behavior. Albeit somewhat sugary. But in any case, worth reading, head and shoulders above the rest of the junk in LW. Every time I see his nick in a new story I know I would read it sooner or later.

dark2donut2dark2donut27 months ago

BTW, you should really try to monetize your writing.

nestorb30nestorb307 months ago

Overall good story but when did she get pregnant? I mean the author makes it seem they really weren't all that involved any more?

"Houston was about four hours away from us, but Louise and I concluded that we could deal with that distance and maintain our relationship.

And we did.

For six months. Then the trips to see each other and the phone calls began to get fewer and farther between.

The downside of course was sleeping alone; at least I was"

Also she let him believe she was cheating in order to get him to go home??? WTF and he is marrying her. Uh no

012Say012Say7 months ago

A 5 all the way. Looks like some are disturbed it does not follow formula - which is its strength. We do not need lengthy looks back in this story. Well told.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

Very enjoyable story. I particularly liked the reveal paragraph about Tim working for his father. I had to read it several times b/c my thick brain was not expecting him to be working for his dad. After it sunk in, I found it to have been very cleverly presented. Nice writing.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine7 months ago

Loved the story. I’m sure I haven’t read it before, but the scene in the mall where he was held for kidnapping seemed to be familiar.

MissMudMissMud7 months ago

Excellent.! Thanks for the great read. It kids in my favotites.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil7 months ago

I wanted more from Laurie. Why cheat?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It got predictable after you introduced Louise, so I stopped reading then.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fairly standard cheating wife story. Whore wife cheats on saint hubby. Hubby finds better replacement wife before the ink is dry on the divorce decree.

Frankly, it read more like a dry business report. It was devoid of any real emotion or conflict.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another non loving wife story.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove7 months ago

Good things should happen to good people, and this story represented that well. 5 stars shining!

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

Great story, well written. Laurie was just a small part in the beginning, then basically a foot note. Thought the Jeff character was a great addition. Lots of little twist and turns, like Tim working for his father LOL…. Plus the setup at the end Tim visiting Louise in Houston.

Thanks for sharing, made my day….

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story, nicely done. Gave me pleasant smiles throughout the story. "Let me hold your hand so I wont get lost", beautiful. We all need a happy ending, you certainly delivered. A well deserved 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Titty-cock what? Great line. Still laugh when I think of it.

Nice work, Thanks.

Doc

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Excellent story, thank you! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

When was this? The cops didn't even give medical attention to him and his concussion. Which if he hit his head and was knocked out from it he has one. Keep reading but damn really hope he sues them. They too dumb to learn if u don't sue them lol

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

He too much of a pushover for me to like. the turn around too fast for one page without a time skip. Dude almost died then almost got his life ruined the next day he is ok with it lol thats very laid back

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Too much disrespect. Would have not accepted the proposal and dumped her

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

A very good story. You write with an easy smooth flow. I enjoyed this story from the beginning to the end. 5 stars from Xluckylee

Schwanze1Schwanze17 months ago

Good story. Risky on her part. Could have gone tits up in a hurry.

Flh3241Flh32417 months ago

FIVE stars well done and I was totally thrilled to read it

lAnatomistelAnatomiste7 months ago

@NudeinMaine - I believe that _all_ of Ephesus14's stories were accidentally deleted, and the author had no backups. Another reader happened to have saved them and Ephesus14 is slowly re-posting them.

A typical 5-star story from a 5-star writer.

BSreaderBSreader7 months ago
A

Nice story with a happy ending. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

3 Stars as I would have sued everyone involved .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I liked it, and agree with JoebetterBnice; who said he had to re-read the paragraph on the reveal of Tim working for his father (his dad is his boss). I took 2 trips thru that line as well, until it hit me. I even scrolled to the top looking for a mention and didn't find one. It didn't quite follow the standard cheating wife model, but that's okay, as we've got enough that are or will follow it. Even in the non-con forum there are a couple including one that I read earlier that the husband got his buddies to gang bang his wife as revenge. I thought that was a different way to "burn her".

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Great story. It went from a downer right back up to very happy ending. Nice twist with her proposal after he thought she had dumped him.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another great story from Ephesus14. I hope that you will get your previous stories reposted. Well done

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker7 months ago

I agree with 26thNC. Great story. 6 stars, the Bear approves. (I can't count. Tough) I love happy endings. Would have been more but the asshole (you know who) is still 'walking around upright'. I love that phrase. More, please, sir. And the bit about his Dad being his boss? Priceless. Ihad one like that.

The BEAR

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

Rocky Femdom agitprop beginning ends with a lovely surprise HEA.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It may just be me, but I can't follow a story with so many unnecessary paragraph breaks

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Yeah, mon. I’m’a sucker fo happy endings. Five Spliffs, thumbs up.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story. Laurie was just a plot device to move the story ahead and give the MC some heartburn. Louise was playing with a bit of fire icing the building manager to change the locks. Suppose of it started to turn ugly, she woukd drop the surprise. Like instead say: "I am in town at the house with your family please come as soon as possible, I need to talk with you.". If he guesses what it is, then so be it. The pregnancy was a surprise anyways. Happy ending was fun. 5 stars

As an aside the use of blackmail sex (which is rape) to cover up a one time cheating sexcapade is inane and a ludicrous LW trope. Caving yo the blackmailer just empowers them. Sure for credible threats of physical violence to loved ones l, or maybe severe financial or legal ruin, buy even then only at most a couple of times to stall, to get help and come clean, get counter leverage, or go to DA or even disappear with family. But just giving on with yet more extramarital sex (except now blackmail rape sex) is nonsensical. Maybe once because of panic. But come clean. Get help. If husband is Old Testament, then marriage is doomed anyways.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio6 months ago

Cute story!! 5*’s !!!

OOAAOOAA6 months ago

GREAT STORY!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Always loved EPHESUS’ Stories and still do. I miss many of the stories that were somehow lost when he was dropped from Lit; I can sympathize cuz I was dropped too.

CookiecreamyCookiecreamy6 months ago

I wanted Tim to shred Louise for making him look like a criminal. Most news outlets will sensationalize the even and minimalize the apology. Laurie was a bag of shit too. Why can't predators be held accountable when they destroy marriages? It seemed like this story had some loose ends.

usaretusaret6 months ago

It was nicely written, and entertain at the end, I liked it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEphesus14@Ephesus14
Just recently returned to Lit. after my name and stories disappeared. Several readers have copies of my stories and I am working on getting them re-posted. I am a Retired Army Vet who enjoys writing, wine, theatre and travel; especially cruising. Some of the people I've met h...